Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra (64603 Views)

Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) / Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by scachy(m): 9:44pm On Jan 26, 2016
ruggedboy01:
how sure are you he is a priest

Dude, not everyone is gullible just like most of you here angry

Well, not everyone ll accept the truth even wen it's staring them at their face.

I think u r one of d many that believes that d head of the religious denominations they belong to are saint n unmistakable.
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by xMrPx(m): 9:45pm On Jan 26, 2016
@9jarians'. Let's learn to separate religion from culture' that he is a priest shouldn't make him forget his root.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by supereagle(m): 9:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
okeke00:
mention me one thing that related to masqured that is evil and i will metion ten evil things that related to christianity
It is Idolatry, I will educate you on it , I have a strong affinity with it until Jesus set me free .
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Realhommie(m): 9:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
okeke00:
mention me one thing that related to masqured that is evil and i will metion ten evil things that related to christianity
Bros plz I'm very much interested, i like yu to enlighten me of those evil tinz related to Christianity. You know say for this life dem no dey know finish, Lol
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
Pls this news is fake that's my Alma Mata, St Paul Seminary ukpor, that is our feast day we display alot of culture during our feast days. Pls don't believe whatever you see on the Internet. Ppl can be so stupid. I was there that day

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Watsoneology: 9:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
One thing for sure is that African has Culture as long as Evil is not associate with it.. It remain a way of life for every body... Thanks You Jesus for you are nt a man.. Neither is ur word void

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by supereagle(m): 9:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
xMrPx:
@9jarians'. Let's learn to separate religion from culture' that he is a priest shouldn't make him forget his root.
That is why an African cannot become a Pope, he will bring the church back into idolatry.
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 26, 2016
I once wore masquerade during our feast day in 2007 am now a medical Doctor. Here is the prove

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Mckandre(m): 9:51pm On Jan 26, 2016
pop must here this.
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by peacengine(m): 9:52pm On Jan 26, 2016
This father should be reported
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Mopolchi: 9:57pm On Jan 26, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
This happened last Weekend at a Burial Ceremony in Ukpo, Nnewi South...
Op, that is not Ukpo but Ukpor, Nnewi South.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by truetalknow: 9:58pm On Jan 26, 2016
Theyveedo:
Swaggalicious priest
Nonsense, he should be stripped of is garment. This is a goat in sheeps clothing. END TIME PRIEST DANCING FOR THE DEVIL.SHAME! cry cry weep for him, hell is real.
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by katerine7(f): 9:58pm On Jan 26, 2016
onyedikachukwue:
Onye ara op
Where at ukpor, I know u hate anambra so much that u can't hide it,dats y ur bringing pictures from movie scene to decieve d gullible ones.

Onye nzuzu
Ewu awusa nwanne okoroawusa@ op

st paul ukpor,but dat was a cultural display by student from d school,it is even a seminary school

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by dikeigbo2(m): 9:59pm On Jan 26, 2016
onyedikachukwue:
Onye ara op
Where at ukpor, I know u hate anambra so much that u can't hide it,dats y ur bringing pictures from movie scene to decieve d gullible ones.

Onye nzuzu

You missed everything, why calling names to make a point?
Oya apologize grin,
Try to show civility ok
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by lielbree: 10:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
I don't see any dancing by the priest
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
You can't convert or preach to a person you are far from. After dancing with the traditionalists, they will be happy and close to the priest to the extent that they can't say no to whatever the priest will say or preach to them. It is Psychology. Some pastors behave as if they are living with God's rejected people after rapture.
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Stancollins(m): 10:01pm On Jan 26, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Madam u can lie...
You know that those pictures were not from a burial scene but from the patronal feast celebration of St Paul's Seminary, Ukpor.
You decided to post them online with lies against a Seminary, the Priesthood and the entire Church of God...
May God forgive you...

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Bukaton(m): 10:02pm On Jan 26, 2016
dowai:
Pls this news is fake that's my Alma Mata, St Paul Seminary ukpor, that is our feast day we display alot of culture during our feast days. Pls don't believe whatever you see on the Internet. Ppl can be so stupid. I was there that day

Nnaeh, Dowai I tire for human beings oo...this is to show u the extent people can go just to draw attention. the gal dat posted it might have seen it in a fone of one of the guests dat day or maybe she attended the feast herself... yet she called it a burial. smh
that was not a burial, it was the feast day of St Paul's Seminary Ukpor. I once danced in up to three cultural dances in those days.Izuogu cultural dance as shown in d above scene, was my favorite. Izuogu dance is danced according to d way it z done at Arondizuogu and co. that coffin has no corpse, all are acts. please , pple shouldn't lie just to get attention. Readers shouldn't believe everything they see online.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by chigoizie7(m): 10:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
I am an Anglican, but I like the catholics for this. I believe that our cultural beliefs should co-exist with our religious beliefs.

We cannot throw away who we are, take d good things about the culture and leave the bad ones as trash.

Rev father, kudos. Though it is rampant in this part of the country, catholic priests dese days de organise cultural activities in the churches with the fear of God, they don't go about it the juju way.

As for my own church? For where? Dem go call u Satan pikin.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by LegatusGlaber(m): 10:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
Op! is a certified brainless cretin

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by katerine7(f): 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
op,get your fact right dat wasn't a burial ceremony,dat is a seminary school celebrating d feast of their patron saint,(st paul junior seminary ukpor)all those boys are students from d school dat is a cultural display.U no see people wey dey watch am,u don't get too close to a real masquerade in ukpor unless u r part of dem

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by chalbert(m): 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
Dats my hometown. Catholic church does not neglect tradition BT embraces it. So far there is no spiritual something attached

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by jmichlins(m): 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
This is no burial ceremony but cultural day celebration from st paul seminary. There are shows meant to showcase the igbo culture in good light

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Stancollins(m): 10:06pm On Jan 26, 2016
dowai:
I once wore masquerade during our feast day in 2007 am now a medical Doctor. Here is the prove
I think I should know u..I am a SPOBA 2008

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by IkpuMmadu: 10:06pm On Jan 26, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Blackman
what is wrong with dancing with masquerade... it just theatrics

oyibo has mascots
igbo have masquerade
yoruba have eyo

so emancipation is needed in op life

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by katerine7(f): 10:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
truetalknow:

Nonsense, he should be stripped of is garment. This is a goat in sheeps clothing. END TIME PRIEST DANCING FOR THE DEVIL.SHAME! cry cry weep for him, hell is real.

no mind d op,dat is a cultural display of student from dat school(st paul junior seminary ukpor) dey were celebrating d feast day of their patron saint SAINT PAUL

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by chigoizie7(m): 10:10pm On Jan 26, 2016
peacengine:
This father should be reported

Who will he be reported to? The bishop? I had once attended st Charles feast for my brothers those days in st Charles second skul onitsha, and d bishop of onitsha catholic archdioces was in attendance, he was so happy, he came out to dance with students in their traditional attires, masquerades were on display, so many cultural and traditional activities were on display and d bishop saw it all. Now tell me who u will report the rev father to.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by dgbanj: 10:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
Moderators please delete this thread its against Nairaland Religious Rules.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by FANE4Naija: 10:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
onyedikachukwue:
Onye ara op

Onye nzuzu
Lol! Why are you shouting? If you truly know Anambra, you should know this isn't strange to them. In fact, I've seen a masquerade in Church.
Hapu okwu!
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Campusser(m): 10:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
The OP must be high on poorly cooked oshogbo weed. Simply becos he wants to make FP, he had garnish the story with alot of lies and mislead the public.

These pictures were taken during the feast of St. Pauls Seminary, Ukpor. The school in question is my Alma Mater.

Yes.. priests actually danced with the masquerade but that was to send a message. Th idea of all those u see in d pictures that looks fetish is to make people understand the idea of inculturation in the catholic church. Culture and religion still got alot in common.
I was even there live to witness the event

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Campusser(m): 10:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Blackman
what is wrong with dancing with masquerade... it just theatrics

oyibo has mascots
igbo have masquerade
yoruba hav

so emancipation is needed in op life

Yoh on point bro.....

Your username bugodi shiiiii grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 / Nigerian Man Rebukes Church Of Satan On Twitter. The Church Fires Back / Cucumber: What Could Be Their Prayer Points Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.