Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,080 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra (64559 Views)

Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) / Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by NobleAky(m): 10:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
okeke00:
hahahahaha. this just proove to me the bigotry, delusions. hypocrisy and foolishness associated with christians. so because someone refuses to beleive the lies sold to you by the whites made him a sinner? this world is really funny
don't start what you might not finish bro!
Christ is real and that the bible says is a fact
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by macaranta(m): 10:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
Okk
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by MrSly(m): 10:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
OP should learn mind the business of informing the members and not creating rivalry and gossip. OP@OP

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Dragonking: 10:57pm On Jan 26, 2016
BBluv2015:

Really? Everything is wrong with what he did. Is he really a priest? He need to go back to Calvary
Was there anything wrong with jesus chrsit eating with the tax collectors? Answer that first.
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by kimacent(m): 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
End time pple dey re
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Campusser(m): 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2016
Theyveedo:
Swaggalicious priest

Seriously tho... If true then its very wrong. What will he teach his congregation
what's wrong about it? That's culture and nothing fetish there. Dont be more catholic than the pope
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by cosfrac: 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2016
Op why will you discuss and post pictures you can't analyze in the name of deceiving pple, this is the celebration of Saint which is annual thing SAINT PAUL SEMINARY UKPOR always do to showcase African culture, I was a student there in the 80's non of those has any spiritual implications or burial ID, way back then it was fun pple far and near come to enjoy the dance and the blessings from the house of God

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by ProfEinstein: 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2016
dowai:
Pls this news is fake that's my Alma Mata, St Paul Seminary ukpor, that is our feast day we display alot of culture during our feast days. Pls don't believe whatever you see on the Internet. Ppl can be so stupid. I was there that day
Bro people can be so silly and gullibe, that's igba-mmonwu and odogwu anyammiri.
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by cosfrac: 11:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
Op why will you discuss and post pictures you can't analyze in the name of deceiving pple, this is the celebration of Saint PAUL which is annual thing SAINT PAUL SEMINARY UKPOR always do to showcase African culture, I was a student there in the 80's non of those has any spiritual implications or burial ID, way back then it was fun pple far and near come to enjoy the dance and the blessings from the house of God

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Jofez: 11:05pm On Jan 26, 2016
Mariecakes:
No matter the religion or tradition we are one
even if the tradition na to kill
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Campusser(m): 11:06pm On Jan 26, 2016
englishmart:
that priest needs some checkups

perhaps your brain first b4 the priest

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Jesus5656(m): 11:12pm On Jan 26, 2016
Dragonking:
There is nothing wrong in what he did
may God help you
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Jesus5656(m): 11:14pm On Jan 26, 2016
May God help him.. He is not a servant of God... You can dine with God and the same time dine with Devil
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Dragonking: 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
Jesus5656:
may God help you
WHen jesus turned water to wine ( alcohol) was it wrong? When jesus ate with the tax collectors was he wrong...Answer those questions first..hypocrites.
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by FRANCOXAV(m): 11:16pm On Jan 26, 2016
The Facebook version.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Mopolchi: 11:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
Jesus5656:
May God help him.. He is not a servant of God... You can dine with God and the same time dine with Devil

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Campusser(m): 11:19pm On Jan 26, 2016
Jesus5656:

na pple like yu dey turn bible upside down dey read am. Very myopic
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by derosario11(m): 11:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
This is the feast day of st pauls seminary ukpor. A junior seminary in Nnewi diocese. Last sunday was their celebration of st pauls the apostle. The picture above shows the seminarians displaying the famous izuogu dance. The masquured in questions are simply bt the students. The feast draws together all the priests around the diocese. I can even see one of my teacher priests then when I was a student there. Plz op modify your front page when you are not sure. Can I see my fellow old boys... St pauls ukpor or famous all hallows seminary onitsha...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by ruggedboy01: 11:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
scachy:

Well, not everyone ll accept the truth even wen it's staring them at their face.

I think u r one of d many that believes that d head of the religious denominations they belong to are saint n unmistakable.
dude am not even a catholic, before u start thinking otherwise

What truth are u talking about
Did u see any video where the person in question said he was a priest Just ordinary pictures u have concluded already....

Oga I no get ur time jooooor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Nyceguy92: 11:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
[quote author=NgeneUkwenu post=42351428]

Religion cannot exist in isolation of culture and tradition.
Whatever the occasion may be, there is nothing wrong with the priest dancing with or to the masquerade music.
People think that being a priest means "caging" oneself.

There was this priest in my villa who always played Pericomo music in his car and sang along happily.
White priest priests smoke but lots of eyebrows will be raised if a Naija priest does same.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Duru009(m): 11:58pm On Jan 26, 2016
He hasnt decided yet......
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Eluwilussit(m): 11:59pm On Jan 26, 2016
sirteayeni:
Are you sure he's a priest?? undecided

The masquerade and the priest are both oracles, supposedly. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Duru009(m): 11:59pm On Jan 26, 2016
He hasnt decided yet
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by cybriz82(m): 12:03am On Jan 27, 2016
2 tinz involve is either iz a priest by mistek.or coded priest wey need range rover jeep frm dem dem.or a spiritual mata priest wey wan catch more soul to God.
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Emmyval: 12:07am On Jan 27, 2016
For clarity, what was posted above was Ukpor St. Paul's Seminary day, it's an annual event. All the performers above are Junior Seminarians: that is potential Priests. The shows were very educative, informative and cultural exhibition.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by sleekyonyx(f): 12:08am On Jan 27, 2016
Light and darkness is all I see here..... shocked
Somtin dey happen for naija
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Chuksxyview(m): 12:10am On Jan 27, 2016
Dear Mr. Moderator, Sorry I would like to correct something, the said event is never a burial, rather it's the annual patronal feast of St. Paul's Seminary Ukpor, Anambra State. It's the junior Seminary of the Catholic Diocese of Nnewi, a citadel of great learning, culture and spirituality. And I would confidently tell you that there is nothing diabolic in all you see on the pictures, it's all a product of constant and serious practices. It's always an anticipated event for the Seminary, Diocese, student seminarians, families, friends and the resident community. I was part of the great 'Izuogu' cultural dance group, it's meant mainly for the senior classes, even the junior students can't wait to be in the secondary classes, so they can be part of the show. All hail my great Alma Mater, St. Paul's Seminary Ukpor, Anambra. Motto: Recocilare Omnia in Christi (ie reconcile all in Christ). Appreciate the learning and discipline.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 27, 2016
The holy Catholic Church unlike other mushroom churches does uphold the good aspects of the local traditions of the communities she resides.
Her priests and religious eat the food and practice the good cultures of the communities where they minister. The holy Mass is adopted according to the people's tradition. These and other practices of the church made her CATHOLIC
Masquerade CULTURE of NDI IGBO should be encouraged by all and not to be associated to whatsoever as other churches do. Masquerade in Igboland and many cultures (ain't sure of all cultures) is for entertainment and disciplinary purposes.
NOTE:Abandoning ones tradition and adopting other people's (westerners) isn't Christianity rather we bring Christianity into our culture and purify it.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by sirxris(m): 1:01am On Jan 27, 2016
Please, dear Nairalanders, this is a crass misrepresentation of facts by the OP. What you see on the photos is the annual seminary feast of St. Paul's Seminary, Ukpor, Anambra state. The seminary uses the occasion always to evangelize that our culture is beautiful and entertaining, if only the bad aspects of any cultural practice can be removed. Thus, the seminarians engage in showcasing cultural dances including with masquerades and even coffins - all in the bid to show that these cultural practices could be enjoyed without any voodoo or charms or ritual sacrifices accompanying them. The priest you see in the photos is actually the Rector of the seminary. Even the bishop of Nnewi diocese never misses the event. I know all these because the seminary is my alma mater.

This is why it is very harmful posting things or spreading some so-called news without first double-checking and crosschecking of relevant facts. The OP nearly now has tarnished the image of the Catholic priest (thanks to God many of you don't know him) and the innocuous cultural display just because either advertently or inadvertently he posted theses photos with the wrong follow-up info

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by MightySparrow: 1:03am On Jan 27, 2016
#HARMONYBETWEENLIGHTANDDARKNESS..
END TIME PRIEST 'grin
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Delesilver: 1:04am On Jan 27, 2016
is over joyous
Re: Catholic Priests Dance With Masquerade At An Event In Nnewi, Anambra by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 27, 2016
FRANCOXAV:
The Facebook version.
Thank you my brother
the priest dancing is the Rector of the seminary Fr George.
FOOLISHNESS IS A CHRONIC AILMENT

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.