Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? (23024 Views)

Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 08, 2005
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by goodguy(m): 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2005
So what do you believe in?
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 08, 2005
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by prettyH(f): 9:19pm On Dec 08, 2005
Adeoba, why don't u believe in being born again? There's nothing that stops a catholic from that. I believe if u are a christian, no matter the denomination, u should be born again if u've accepted Christ as ur Lord and Saviour
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by RhodaRose(f): 4:11am On Dec 09, 2005
lioness,

Ask your Husband, the Lion   rolleyes
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by lioness(f): 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2005
I aint married yet girl, thats why am learning. Cos am inlove with a catholic but am pentecostal and if catholics worship all 'em candles and all Then e go tough b'cos i no go fit o.

[Posted by: RhodaRose
Insert Quote
lioness,

Ask your Husband, the Lion /quote]
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by EddyTells(m): 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2005
@ Sweet lioness, did i hear you well..................... u falling for a catholic Except he is one of them charismatics, otherwise i suggest you run as fast as your heels can.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by EddyTells(m): 5:15pm On Dec 09, 2005
Them are bringing them true colours out now.

[Posted by: adeoba
Insert Quote
I'm Catholic and I don't believe in being 'born-again'/quote]
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by goodguy(m): 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2005
Eddy Tells, what exactly are you trying to cause?
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by allonym: 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2005
by definition, you are born again when you accept christ as your savior and honor him as the head of your life.

So, everyone who calls him/her self a christian, is born again.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by lioness(f): 9:49am On Dec 12, 2005
Yeah Eddy what are you trying to tell me lipsrsealed
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by EddyTells(m): 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2005
All am saying is marry someone who is a geniue born again. Be double sure the person aint just faking it for marriage
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by otokx(m): 9:27am On Dec 13, 2005
how can you be so sure EDDY that the person aint faking it?
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by EddyTells(m): 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2005
the same way u can tell an orange from a tangerine.
They all come in same form at first, but as they grow, u see the difference.
@lIONESS, u must first let them grow, or u wont see the difference.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by Hndholder(m): 3:05pm On Dec 14, 2005
The best that can happen to you in life is for you to be married to a catholic. They have  pure devotion. Learn from them why they do all what they do.  No devoice in catholic marriage. The other side are those protesting because they want freedom, and want to do things in their own way. Your life is in your hands.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by EddyTells(m): 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2005
So which church or denomination supports divorce. Far from it, am only saying a lady shd entrust her life [in terms of mariage] to a man who TRUELY fears and is committed to God not just committed to church.

And personally, i dont know abt been married to a catholic as being the best thing to happen to a person's life.

[The best that can happen to you in life is for you to be married to a catholic. They have pure devotion. Learn from them why they do all what they do. No devoice in catholic marriage. The other side are those protesting because they want freedom, and want to do things in their own way. Your life is in your hands./quote]
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by Hndholder(m): 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2005
I mean de-voice not divorce all the same. You know God via the church. Be born again is a political jingle used to confuse low thinkers like women. That is why you find them more in Pentecostal churches
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by EddyTells(m): 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2005
Jesus talked about being born again.......... i don't think he was making a jingle or was he a low thinker.

You really would want to explain what u've just said because am totally lost.

And what on earth is de-voice?
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by lioness(f): 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2005
Hnd-Holder, sorry to burst your bubbles but am born again, a female and am hell no low thinker. angry
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by Hndholder(m): 4:55pm On Dec 14, 2005
Yes, why then do you have too much women in the church?. Again Do you enter your mothers womb to be born again? You only change your way of life, you live a new life that is all. In catholic church once you are baptized the first sin or original sin will no longer be there, then you are born again.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by lioness(f): 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2005
ooh like u dont have women in the catholic churches yeah.
So when ur batized like when u were like 8 months, thats when u became born again
So you dont do any confessions. You just go on in life
I guess your way of life changed from 8 months when u barely knew nothing. tongue
How do u change your way of life by the way
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by nferyn(m): 6:04pm On Dec 14, 2005
Hey, I'm baptised, so I'm free of the original sin and born again on top grin
Isn't there a requirement to believe ?
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by Hndholder(m): 9:20am On Dec 15, 2005
Baptism set you free from original sin. Confirmation follows, Confession of sin is as when due. You live a new life
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by lioness(f): 9:58am On Dec 15, 2005
Go back to sunday school boyyyy
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by EddyTells(m): 10:11am On Dec 15, 2005
Good point Nferyn

[ nferyn
Insert Quote
Hey, I'm baptised, so I'm free of the original sin and born again on top
Isn't there a requirement to believe ?/quote]
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by nferyn(m): 10:16am On Dec 15, 2005
Eddy Tells:

Good point Nferyn

But that doesn't mean that I find the orgiginal questions having much value. It's like two theologists discussing how many angels fit on the top of a needle.
Your motivation seems to be: Let's bash some catholics, they're fake anyway
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by EddyTells(m): 11:00am On Dec 15, 2005
That again, is another good point. I just cant hide it

[But that doesn't mean that I find the orgiginal questions having much value. It's like two theologists discussing how many angels fit on the top of a needle.
Your motivation seems to be: Let's bash some catholics, they're fake anyway/quote]
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by nferyn(m): 11:03am On Dec 15, 2005
Eddy Tells:

That again, is another good point. I just can't hide it
But why? Do you consider intolerance a good Christian value?
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by EddyTells(m): 11:14am On Dec 15, 2005
well........................ i dont think Jesus was tolerant at all times otherwise He wld not have wipped those folks out of the temple. tongue
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by Hndholder(m): 11:18am On Dec 15, 2005
lioness:

Go back to sunday school boyyyy
Who will be my teacher at the sunday school?
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by nferyn(m): 11:19am On Dec 15, 2005
Eddy Tells:

well........................ i don't think Jesus was tolerant at all times otherwise He would not have wipped those folks out of the temple. tongue

I can't believe what I'm reading, what about turning the other cheek, loving your ennemies and letting the one without sin throw the first rock? There is never, ever a sustitute for leading a good, moral life, whether you believe in this, that or nothing.
Re: Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? by nferyn(m): 11:23am On Dec 15, 2005
I have the distinct impression that, even though I don't believe, my walk in life is much closer to the true spirit of Jesus' teachings that many of you Bible thumping, intolerant religious bigots. To all of you - and those to whom it applies will know - your religion is just a dark cloak to hide your venom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? / Mbaka: Buhari Working With Those Who Will Pull Him Down / How To Become An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.