Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? (31128 Views)

Woman Who Wants To Marry Her Son's Friend In Gombe Sent To Prison / My Husband Snatched My Company, Sold My Property To Marry Our Salesgirl (pic) / Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by demexy: 12:47pm On Feb 02, 2016
Do it bro it might work out. After all, people still invest in HYIP

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
Op never try to buy love cos you will end up buying a hoe…. Consider her situation as a test of love. If she loves you then she’ll stay weather you pay her school fees or not but if you wan be father Xmas then pay and enjoy while it last….

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by sukkot: 12:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
ify84:

Wrong understanding of that passage.. . Read earlier verses... Bride price had been fully paid... Before she came to isaac... "[ESV] Genesis 24:53 And the servant brought out jewelry of silver and of gold, and garments, and gave them to Rebekah. He also gave to her brother and to her mother costly ornaments." bride price fully paid by Abraham's servant...
thats tradition. not necessary. the LORD is not the author of confusion. when he slept with her is when she became his wife. in america in ancient days all you had to do was jump over a broom. that was their tradition. people have different customs and traditions but in the eye of GOD, sex is the marriage

Ruth 4:13 So Boaz took Ruth, and she became his wife; and he went in unto her, and Jehovah gave her conception, and she bare a son.
Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by omegatwelve: 12:49pm On Feb 02, 2016
If you love her to that extent, why don't you marry her first then take full charge of sponsoring her education as your wife. And don't forget to give her belle because she fit dey give campus guys the thing.

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Bamz(m): 12:53pm On Feb 02, 2016
Cammo:

She's 21. By the time she graduates she'll be 25 or 26

I believe she's a bit matured at this age.

So going by what you're saying,

Are you willing to wait 3+ more years before getting married?

Is she willing to wait for that long also?

What's stopping you guys from getting married before she finishes since you seem a buoyant and quite futuristic?

I don't want to talk about you sponsoring her because God sends even strangers to bless people they are unrelated to, so as a Christian (or even Muslim) I feel that would be an obligation that your faith and pocket can withstand.

Life is simple. Don't complicate it.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 02, 2016
If your girlfriend is a woman or lady,please don't pay her tuition. Don't waste your money. This is not a matter of God's rewarding you. If you insist on wasting the money, go ahead with the tuition payment.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 02, 2016
I would help you... you are NOT my friend so I would forget about your case.

I have helped some of my friends that are UniAbuja students without expecting anything... they are guys, I don't even call them.

It is COMPLETELY different when you are in love with a girl and you are spending money with the EXPECTATION that in the future you would marry her and she would be faithful to you.

daddynasa:

HMMM.. U ll come to understand someday.

Bros abeg if I dey in need and u dey in position to help, u no go help me?

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 02, 2016
Cammo:
I have a girlfriend that I plan to marry. She's a 100 Level student in UNILAG but is having difficulties paying her up school fees. Her mom, a widow, is doing her best but it's not enough. Since I'm a graduate and now working, I feel like helping out. It's an obligation I earnestly wish to take but my friends keep telling me that she would eventually dump my sorry ass for another guy before graduation, and there's nothing I can do. Very confused. I love her and I know she loves me too.
Please advice.
Guy marry her first or ur case will be that of Christiana's and her Maga.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by beebat22: 12:55pm On Feb 02, 2016
Cammo:

I'm not buying her into marriage with money. We've been dating since early last year and have been talking about a future together. Now she's in school but is having difficulties paying up her bills. I can afford to assist her throughout her 4 years but my friends think it wouldn't turn out good in the end. I'm considering so many things. Her mom is a widow
And what if some other guy offers to assist her - she'd definitely leave me
assist her if u are meant for each oda either u help her or not you will find each oda n get married so help her telling a friend u want to help ur gf dey will give u a ill-advice,she is ur second pls hlp her nobody no 2moro.
Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by 2tek: 12:56pm On Feb 02, 2016
Bros, DONT TRY IT except u dont mind being disappointed. 99% percent of dem won't appreciate it. My friend is battling WT such issue currently. BE CAREFUL.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 02, 2016
DeMekus:

Even if he's earning a million per month why must you suggest 30 to 40k for a mere student? Is that how your boyfriend has been taking care of you?
I know that WOMAN IS a lier!

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Bamz(m): 12:58pm On Feb 02, 2016
kaziblake:
Guys aren't to be trusted.

Everyone is single until they're married
Get with the program young woman.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
Bad market...

You are not responsible for her education if you are not married to her.

You want to marry a graduate? Up your game!

You want to help? Help and don't cry like a baby. Only give what you won't regret later.

You truly love her? Feelings change.

Last Bullet:
Up your game.
Be sure she is your only option.
You owe her nothing.
Situations may change and you may not have the upper hand.
Always be prepared for disappointments, this way your life would be easy.
You can't be to sure.
You might be her only option now... in four-years time...

Who says you can't get married right now?

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
kingofchess:
Guy are u talking about Rose.....hmmmm...I know wat she is doing in skul presently.
...she is doing course SEX101- Sex and Mr. Mugu in the contemporary Nigerian society...
Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by donephi(m): 1:00pm On Feb 02, 2016
kaziblake:
you are wicked.

So you mean he can't help the poor girl and wait for his reward in heaven?
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Very funny

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by GodofGrace(m): 1:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
hmmm haven't read a lot of comments here and I come to this conclusion. impregnate a lady won't stop her from cheating if its in her blood, paying a lady bride price will not stop her from dumping you if she found a better person, so what is the way forward at op.
in every business man lay hand on there is two possible outcome either gain or loss so my advice to you is that count her as business you are investing on she either bring gain or loss but never put much trust so that when it happened it won't affect you much. just count it as if you are helping one random girl.
Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by lexxyrule(m): 1:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
Excellentmind:

Please comment on the issue at hand and don't bring in another thread in the name of anger.

Please remind me, what's the issue at hand? And Where's the diversion? Please take your time to read again.
Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by horlus(m): 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
If it's in your heart to do it just go ahead you don't need anyone's permission. I did it and I'm happily married to her for 8 years now with two wonderful kids. april makes it our 9th anniversary. It isn't a bad idea but like all things has its own challenges. If you and the girl are meant for each other there is nothing you cannot work out when challenges arise. Today my wife is a graduate and a successful business woman.females can patronize her online store @sisiclothings on instagram or Facebook. The contacts for the physical store is there as well. Thanks
Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by lexxyrule(m): 1:07pm On Feb 02, 2016
daddynasa:

My bro that's my point. I tire for our generation sef. We dnt help again unless u knw we ll gain smtin. Its too too bad. I dnt even tink the OP tuely luvs this girl if he does then helping her shudnt be a thing to debate on it is suppose to come naturally. TRUE LUV knws no bound

Lolz for real, he's not meant to wait to be further confused . he should ask himself what she'll do if she's in his shoes
Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 02, 2016
Faith111:
Please! Please!! Please!!!
I am a graduate today because of my Hubby....
He trained me from purchasing my jamb form to my final year project WITHOUT EVER HAVING SEX WITH ME talk less of pregnanting me...
Today I'm pillar in his house and that singular act makes my home a heaven...We've been married for 4yrs nd very soon we'll be counting 3kids..but it all looks like we got married yesteday..Since we got married, things have turned around for both of us...I am now that classical wife even young boys trip 4..I work and earn very well...He earns very well too. Today, I'm proud of him. together we can acquire assets, pay bills and plan as 1...
My hubby gave me the rent his bros gave him so he could hussle for job for my year1 fees n slept in an uncompleted apartment, his salary was 40k and he gladly sends me 25k having nothing but Tfare and a little to eat from the bukka..He would never buy clothes nor shoes for my sake..But today we can give 40k to a needy without itch..
Op please Love believes all things...
My hubby's friends and family envy him and wish they had me 4 a wife without knowing what sacrifice he made in the past...
Follow ur HEART
...you are an ancient lady borne before 21st century. Ladies of the present age are tiger...

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by orobs93(m): 1:07pm On Feb 02, 2016
Yakzo:
The best place to seek for advice on this matter is from one of your sisters. Only a tortoise knows where to bite another tortoise,

Why are u sounding like a forefather

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by kaziblake(f): 1:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
donephi:

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Very funny

Am I wrong grin
Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by shamooo: 1:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
My friend just do it,if u do it for God definitely nothing bad will happen even if she abandoned u God will bring a solution
Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Eberex(m): 1:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
OP Let me share you my own experience which is still ongoing.

I met my girl friend when i taught senior students during my nysc days. That was 2010. She got admission into school the next year, but we weren't dating yet. Just friends and we kept communication open. When she was in her 100 level i asked her out, knowing what i'm getting myself into. I help out in my own way because its just the right thing to do.

Fast forward, she is in her finals. and graduating this year.

So its not about how much you will spend on her. Its how much you love her and if it is real love, then no matter how long it is , you will wait.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
Buddy,sponsor your siblings or any member of your family.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by topsquino(m): 1:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
Op. Let me give you a candid advice. From your post, it seems you are afraid of losing the girl, an ingredient which is definitely not good for any relationship. Are you the pragmatic type, if so, DON'T DO IT. And if you want to do it, marry her now to avoid a story that touch. (but I see you doing it and I see the girl dumping your sorry ass)

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by mulattoclaro(m): 1:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
Don't even try it. Girls are very ungrateful people. Use your head.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Ayauche(f): 1:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
[quote author=emerged01 post=42442027]Help her if you have the resources but don't be hopeful you will marry her. Don't do it for her,do it for God. Just don't expect anything good from her in return to prevent heart attack.

U already said my mind. A perfect advice.
Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
Cammo:
I have a girlfriend that I plan to marry. She's a 100 Level student in UNILAG but is having difficulties paying her up school fees. Her mom, a widow, is doing her best but it's not enough. Since I'm a graduate and now working, I feel like helping out. It's an obligation I earnestly wish to take but my friends keep telling me that she would eventually dump my sorry ass for another guy before graduation, and there's nothing I can do. Very confused. I love her and I know she loves me too.
Please advice.

Help her because she needs it not because she is going to end up with you

Anything could happen tomorrow, you are still likely to be in love with her while she might not be due to circumstances beyond her control and I don't think you would want her to marry you out of pity.

Another option would be to marry her now and visit a doctor to determine the best contraceptive method for her. Then you coudl wait till she is working before procreating. The added advantage is that you do not have to worry about fornicationsmiley.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by olac21(m): 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
dahmie2013:
Op, I'm glad u're even contemplating helping her. But pls, don't do it with d objective of marrying her, do it with d objective dat God will reward u in return. D truth is if u don't help her, God will raise sumone who will&u will in turn loose out of d blessings. In dis life, its not always abt us, we shud also help ppl around us if we have d means. A giver's hand is always on top.
I had a personal experience. I was dating a guy den, he works with an oil coy, but I come 4rm a poor home & just finished uni. I have 3 siblings&dey were all still @ skool, so a lot of responsibilities. But cos of d difficulty in gettin a job on time, d guy left me&things were so tough. But I thank God he provided a job 4 me & used me 2 liberate my family. No outsider can come & say but 4 me u ppl wud have suffered bla bla bla. D only person dat takes such glory is God. I must confess it was tough, I made a lot of sacrifices&I'm still making dem, but I tell u it was worth it. Since I started it, I have not lacked anything good, God has been blessing me & I owe my existence&survival 2 him&him alone. I'm not doing it with d obj dat my siblings will be worshiping me or I expect dem 2 be giving me money wen dey start working. I did it, cos I know God will bless me, I saw it as an opportunity 2 be blessed. Don't 4get I'm also not obligated to help dem, I can choose not 2 cos dey are not my responsibilty, dey're my parents'&dey're still alive. I've heard of ppl in my shoes dat chose demselves over deir siblings. All d same, I thank God.
All d best Op!

Pardon my curiosity,are you married now?going by a thread I read concerning your mum's request for the name of your boo!

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by mimibright(m): 1:19pm On Feb 02, 2016
@OP am currently facing the same problem right now. She's a medical student and lives with her anti, her mom a widow can't pay her fees and her anti is saying its too much for her alone so she might drop out if NL one helps. In as much as I love her so much to marry her I just can't do that now cause am not ready to have kids, I have the resources to take care of a family but I don't want that now. Paying her fees is something I can do buh to be honest this girls ain't loyal. Am yet to figure a way to do this but definitely I won't fall a victim.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by pafunky: 1:19pm On Feb 02, 2016
THERE ARE A GREAT RISKS, THE BEST IS TO MARRY HER THEN YOU CAN TRAIN HER THE WAY YOU WANT HER
TO BE FOR YOU, EITHER IN SCHOOL, ARTISAN, OR ANY HOW.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World / Nigeria Man In South Africa Surprised His Wife With New Toyota Venza For Val / Lady Laments As Late Husband's Family Members Abscond With ₦20 Million (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.