Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? (31129 Views)

Woman Who Wants To Marry Her Son's Friend In Gombe Sent To Prison / My Husband Snatched My Company, Sold My Property To Marry Our Salesgirl (pic) / Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Nobody: 11:38am On Feb 02, 2016
@ OP: You said she's 21 (VERY MARRIAGABLE AGE), if you can't marry her now, then FORGET IT and see her as a common friend; at UNILAG, I had a Married/Pregnant Course mate in our Biochemistry department then, who graduated with flying colours,it's nothing strange.
Some people never learn sha, even from the mistakes of others, SMH...
undecided

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by kaziblake(f): 11:39am On Feb 02, 2016
dahmie2013:
Op, I'm glad u're even contemplating helping her. But pls, don't do it with d objective of marrying her, do it with d objective dat God will reward u in return. D truth is if u don't help her, God will raise sumone who will&u will in turn loose out of d blessings. In dis life, its not always abt us, we shud also help ppl around us if we have d means. A giver's hand is always on top.
I had a personal experience. I was dating a guy den, he works with an oil coy, but I come 4rm a poor home & just finished uni. I have 3 siblings&dey were all still @ skool, so a lot of responsibilities. But cos of d difficulty in gettin a job on time, d guy left me&things were so tough. But I thank God he provided a job 4 me & used me 2 liberate my family. No outsider can come & say but 4 me u ppl wud have suffered bla bla bla. D only person dat takes such glory is God. I must confess it was tough, I made a lot of sacrifices&I'm still making dem, but I tell u it was worth it. Since I started it, I have not lacked anything good, God has been blessing me & I owe my existence&survival 2 him&him alone. I'm not doing it with d obj dat my siblings will be worshiping me or I expect dem 2 be giving me money wen dey start working. I did it, cos I know God will bless me, I saw it as an opportunity 2 be blessed. Don't 4get I'm also not obligated to help dem, I can choose not 2 cos dey are not my responsibilty, dey're my parents'&dey're still alive. I've heard of ppl in my shoes dat chose demselves over deir siblings. All d same, I thank God.
All d best Op!
God bless you brother.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by delman88(m): 11:39am On Feb 02, 2016
Cammo:
I have a girlfriend that I plan to marry. She's a 100 Level student in UNILAG but is having difficulties paying her up school fees. Her mom, a widow, is doing her best but it's not enough. Since I'm a graduate and now working, I feel like helping out. It's an obligation I earnestly wish to take but my friends keep telling me that she would eventually dump my sorry ass for another guy before graduation, and there's nothing I can do. Very confused. I love her and I know she loves me too.
Please advice.

bro, am in same position as u, but the fact is right from the start have prog my mind that whatever apns afterwards, God knows best...so do it and pray God bless your hustle

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by totorimi: 11:39am On Feb 02, 2016
It is a stupid and foolish thing to do on the nowadays girls that do not fear God
Before you van embark on such a useless mission male sure that you are married to her and she is carrying your child anything short of that you will blame yourself at the end. take it from a man who has seen it all.

6 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by kaziblake(f): 11:40am On Feb 02, 2016
2rutalk1:
This is the best advice. I am a victim of this right now. She and her mum even said we didn't discuss the issue of marriage when I started helping her. I have decided to move on.
sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 02, 2016
Cammo:

I think she's the only girl in this world who understands me perfectly. She doesn't visit regularly, though, coz her mom is always watching her movement. She's the 4th child and only daughter among 5 children. Her father died last year.
She's the only girl in the world who understands you perfectly? Love is a ba.stard!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by faruz: 11:42am On Feb 02, 2016
my brother.....devil. Wanna mess wif ur bank account

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by MisterGrace: 11:43am On Feb 02, 2016
Dude,

Let me tell you, I have seen more than six ladies who at the end of the day dumped the men who laboured so hard to sponsor them through school.

It will pay you better if you just render any form of assistance within your power and forget about this love thing.

Maybe this type of thing has worked out somewhere that I have no idea of.

6 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by jumongnye(m): 11:43am On Feb 02, 2016
well life is all about taking risk. 90% of people who did it in the past regrets it. however follow your heart

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by kaziblake(f): 11:43am On Feb 02, 2016
emerged01:
Help her if you have the resources but don't be hopeful you will marry her. Don't do it for her,do it for God. Just don't expect anything good from her in return to prevent heart attack.
May God bless you.
Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by scachy(m): 11:44am On Feb 02, 2016
kaziblake:
why are you guys discouraging him?

Every comment u see here (good or bad) was borne out of experience. So don't blame anyone for their view. people are wicked, men n women alike,though some are good anyway

6 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 02, 2016
emerged01:
Help her if you have the resources but don't be hopeful you will marry her. Don't do it for her,do it for God. Just don't expect anything good from her in return to prevent heart attack.
he shud DO it 4 God? undecided, wel, if he wants 2 do it 4 God ,he shud find smbory elses and pay his\her schl fee,... Cos it wnt wrk 4 sumbody he has attachd his feelns to... undecided

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Apelex(m): 11:46am On Feb 02, 2016
Guy plan please don't make that mistake cux you will regret it.I did the same thing to my ex.even gave her parents money regularly but today the b*tch got pregnant for some another dude.men it broke me...I advise you marry her straight away then you that you are training your wife and not a GF.

7 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Yakzo(m): 11:47am On Feb 02, 2016
The best place to seek for advice on this matter is from one of your sisters. Only a tortoise knows where to bite another tortoise,

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by jiggar(m): 11:47am On Feb 02, 2016
To the OP, help her if the Holy Spirit directs you to. However, let me share a true life story, that happened in a poly, in one of the North central states, some 8 years ago.

It so happened that, a guy was sponsoring a girl through school, with the girl's parents being aware of it. After everything, the girl said, she's no longer interested, and sure enough, the guy was devastated. He went to see the girl's parent and I guess they told him off.

Next thing he did. He went to the school and killed the girl, and went a step further by killing himself.

My cousin attended the institution and it happened when she was still around.

Again, to the OP, I am not discouraging you, but just be careful of your heart and money.

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by callJesu: 11:47am On Feb 02, 2016
Render your help naturally without anything attached but if she is yours something would always connect your heart.. Be good without an attachment whatsoever
Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Beadex1(m): 11:48am On Feb 02, 2016
kaziblake:
you are wicked.

So you mean he can't help the poor girl and wait for his reward in heaven?
Aunty kazi shun that Ting.....which reward ni .....back To the op go To ur Family house look for ur cousin, nephew or nieces and enroll her/him in school even though they are done with degree program make them finish masters program infact send them abroad .....let your hard earned bar stay within ur Family and u will be always proud of it..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by enoch273: 11:48am On Feb 02, 2016
Cammo:
I have a girlfriend that I plan to marry. She's a 100 Level student in UNILAG but is having difficulties paying her up school fees. Her mom, a widow, is doing her best but it's not enough. Since I'm a graduate and now working, I feel like helping out. It's an obligation I earnestly wish to take but my friends keep telling me that she would eventually dump my sorry ass for another guy before graduation, and there's nothing I can do. Very confused. I love her and I know she loves me too.
Please advice.

Boss tuale oo, more grease to your elbow, we ve orphanage home that their crys and prayers touches God, why not help them instead ?
See Nigerians girls ve this very low mentality once they gain admission into university, you will experience the changes soon in her. If you love her as you claim then get her pregnant while she dey school, if she loves you as she claims. She should ve no problem keeping the baby. Cause as long as she is in that school, the boys will come and then her friends will also influence her....

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by kingDELE(m): 11:49am On Feb 02, 2016
many options.
yuh can marry ha, den sponsor
or
yuh sponsor and expect notin gud in return. if sometin good comes out, its owkey but if it doesn't, u were neva expecting

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by emerged01(m): 11:50am On Feb 02, 2016
JESUSBOIY:
he shud DO it 4 God? undecided, wel, if he wants 2 do it 4 God ,he shud find smbory elses and pay his\her schl fee,... Cos it wnt wrk 4 sumbody he has attachd his feelns to... undecided
He loves her. There is a possibility she can come back to marry him,if she has the fear of God. Helping her is helping himself actually.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by mich2012: 11:50am On Feb 02, 2016
Faith111:
Please! Please!! Please!!!
I am a graduate today because of my Hubby....
He trained me from purchasing my jamb form to my final year project WITHOUT EVER HAVING SEX WITH ME talk less of pregnanting me...
Today I'm pillar in his house and that singular act makes my home a heaven...We've been married for 4yrs nd very soon we'll be counting 3kids..but it all looks like we got married yesteday..Since we got married, things have turned around for both of us...I am now that classical wife even young boys trip 4..I work and earn very well...He earns very well too. Today, I'm proud of him. together we can acquire assets, pay bills and plan as 1...
My hubby gave me the rent his bros gave him so he could hussle for job for my year1 fees n slept in an uncompleted apartment, his salary was 40k and he gladly sends me 25k having nothing but Tfare and a little to eat from the bukka..He would never buy clothes nor shoes for my sake..But today we can give 40k to a needy without itch..
Op please Love believes all things...
My hubby's friends and family envy him and wish they had me 4 a wife without knowing what sacrifice he made in the past...
Follow ur HEART

Wooow! There is still hope.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by gbangbadekun: 11:50am On Feb 02, 2016
it's up to you. I did same and am happy for it. Do it as for God and humanity. If eventually marriage didn't hold, you will always be remembered

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by kaziblake(f): 11:53am On Feb 02, 2016
Beadex1:
Aunty kazi shun that Ting.....which reward ni .....back To the op go To ur Family house look for ur cousin, nephew or nieces and enroll her/his in school even though they are done with degree program make them finish masters program infact send them abroad .....let your hard earned bar stay within ur Family and u will be always proud of it..
Taa,shun wetin?

So you mean you can't help?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by driand(m): 11:53am On Feb 02, 2016
Cammo:
Please advice.
too risky.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by happney65: 11:54am On Feb 02, 2016
FTBOY:
do it and you're dead! she would not only dump you but deny ever knowing you! but if you still feel like helping out, fvck and impregnate her now to scare the boys away..........i've seen pregnant students, nothing new about it

Coming from our own FTBOY in sexuality..No beating around the bush..Saying it the way it is..I have said it over and over again,I Dolapo Bankole can never ever spend any amount I cannot afford to lose on a Lady..Yes,cos when she wakes up one day and decides to give Una red card your eyes go clear..My First Lady is having her birthday this Friday.Na cake of 7K I budget for her..Cant spend more than that cos even on her birthday she fit follow another person go..This is life and nobody can be trusted including myself.Until when we are married I can then give her the world..But for now watching in 3D..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 02, 2016
Faith111:
Please! Please!! Please!!!
I am a graduate today because of my Hubby....
He trained me from purchasing my jamb form to my final year project WITHOUT EVER HAVING SEX WITH ME talk less of pregnanting me...
Today I'm pillar in his house and that singular act makes my home a heaven...We've been married for 4yrs nd very soon we'll be counting 3kids..but it all looks like we got married yesteday..Since we got married, things have turned around for both of us...I am now that classical wife even young boys trip 4..I work and earn very well...He earns very well too. Today, I'm proud of him. together we can acquire assets, pay bills and plan as 1...
My hubby gave me the rent his bros gave him so he could hussle for job for my year1 fees n slept in an uncompleted apartment, his salary was 40k and he gladly sends me 25k having nothing but Tfare and a little to eat from the bukka..He would never buy clothes nor shoes for my sake..But today we can give 40k to a needy without itch..
Op please Love believes all things...
My hubby's friends and family envy him and wish they had me 4 a wife without knowing what sacrifice he made in the past...
Follow ur HEART
i can swear this your story is false!

OP! you don't try that in this generation we are now!

marry her or rather impregnate her before you think of paying anything for her.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by sukkot: 11:56am On Feb 02, 2016
bigskygold:
omo don't dream of it
i just finished one now and got the biggest shocker of my life the mother said she can not allow her marry from where i come from ijebu to be precise and she was aware all this while after wasting time and money i don't even know where to start now all my age mate are getting married
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by spacestar(f): 11:56am On Feb 02, 2016
Faith111:
Op is ur girl not normally entitled to monthly allowance and basic upkeep? If yes simply increase her alawee to like 30 or 40k and let her do with watevr she wishes with it...I'm sure she'll naturally sort out herself this way and still have a raised shoulder and high self esteem be4 evry1.. The Word TRAIN can be out of ur HEAD since she will necessarily not come to you asking for fee or dues....
If she decides to sacrifice Brazilian for Books with d alawee good for her..

On the other hand knowing her background is what makes u think you gonna train her...If she pretends to be 1 big babe and at the end of the Month calls you for 50k to buy clothes and other stuff, I know you will naturally make immediate transfer to her and tell her to manage it..while the babe will just use the cash to sort her sch Bill..
The problem is Guys don't value Real girls..They prefer Pretenders..
your husband is lucky to have had a reasonable and intelligent wife. most of all I sense humility in your comments

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Obason22(m): 11:58am On Feb 02, 2016
My broda, u said u're a gruaduate but i doubt, if true u are, u most have heard story of such and by d way which of high institution did u atended b4 makin move to sponsor a unilag student, My advice is that u should count anytin u did for her as result of love, so watever happen after her 300L then consider ursef to be blame, after all women are not meant to be trained to high length of education.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by AfroKnight: 11:58am On Feb 02, 2016
Cammo I have a simple advice for you....

DON'T SPONSOR HER. At some point, love wanes in both marriages and relationships. In marriage, she may decide to make things work because it is a legal bond. However, It is a lot easier for her to end a relationship when the love is low.

There will be plenty of options for a single lady as against a married one. This is a university with more attractive young men who have the proximity advantage over you. Four years of this is no joke.

She would most probably disappoint you after graduation.

If you still want to help her please don't do this with the hope of marrying her.

Don't break your heart with your own hands.

6 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by olac21(m): 11:59am On Feb 02, 2016
That will be the last thing I will do!anyway,different strokes for different folks!

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Risk Sponsoring The Education Of A Girl You Want To Marry? by Guyman02: 11:59am On Feb 02, 2016
Cammo:
Please advice.

Have you ever listened to the music of late Nico Nbaga titled 'Christiana' listen to it here, get an Igbo friend to interpret it for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROcEHyEnFyY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World / Nigeria Man In South Africa Surprised His Wife With New Toyota Venza For Val / Lady Laments As Late Husband's Family Members Abscond With ₦20 Million (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.