Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,705 members, 7,862,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:31 AM

Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? (3614 Views)

Couple Get Married Two Months After Meeting Each Other. See Photos / I Just Realized That My Girlfriend Is Married With 2 Kids. / Am Almost 34, Not Yet Married With A Job Of 45k After Tithing And Feel Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by Synzu(m): 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2016
Too damn small.
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by bigtt76(f): 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2016
Sidon de look eye ya. Na so train go Waka pass you enter Bakerloo line joooooor tongue

Marxxx:
[/font]I wanted to comment, but when I saw ur dp I said to myself...Surely you didn't type this with ur clear eyes....[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by fromnigeria(m): 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2016
kay29000:
So I went to see an old friend today that I hadn't seen in like 20 years or so. We attended the same primary school. He is married with kids now, and has a great job. So, we got talking and then he asked if I was married, and when I said no, he was shocked. I told him money was an issue, and he told me that at the time he married his wife 4 years ago, he was only earning 18k. My jaws dropped to the ground. How is it possible to marry with an income of 18k a month in this Lagos?

My friend went on to tell me he knew he was taking a risk at the time, but immediately after the wedding, things turned around for him. He got his current job, and his financial status changed almost overnight.

So, guys, I ask this question- can you marry with a salary of 18k? And girls, can you marry a guy who earns 18k?
I am interested in knowing how he achieved that, pls go back and ask? Knowing will help many

1 Like

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by dollyjoy(f): 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2016
bigtt76:
With 18k I will help manage the home by taking drastic measures such as the following

1. No Internet Data
2. No DSTV
3. No weave-on
4. No make-ups
5. No spending on friviolities
6. Look for the cheapest market and buy food stuff en bulk
7. Setup a backyard garden to cater for some food stuff needs.
8. Get involved in church activities
9. Thrown shame away to the bin and embrace free distributions from churches and NGOs

I swear from the 18k and all the above, I will save at least 1k or more per month.

What takes most of our income is largely because we spend more on friviolities than essentials. Our parents were not millionaires when they got married naa grin
talk is easy my sister!

There will come a time when you will suddenly realise love alone is not enough!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by Niceman4u(m): 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2016
bigtt76:
With 18k I will help manage the home by taking drastic measures such as the following

1. No Internet Data
2. No DSTV
3. No weave-on
4. No make-ups
9. Thrown shame away to the bin and embrace free distributions from churches and NGOs

I swear from the 18k and all the above, I will save at least 1k or more per month.

What takes most of our income is largely because we spend more on friviolities than essentials. Our parents were not millionaires when they got married naa grin

On the present economic condition it wil b difficult, 50K earners wil find it difficult to get married nt to talk of those on 18K.
Bt on a commendable note, if wat u just said its from ur hrt I must say dat u r a rare specie among ladies, a gud manager of resources nd a dream lady for any man. Thumps up!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by 25ahmad(m): 9:21pm On Jan 29, 2016
I got marry at the age of 26yrs with with the minimum salary of N16540. as a class teacher, and now i have two kids boy and girl. i manage N24765 and i only used N15000 to buy food stuff dor i live in a rural area got a small business

2 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2016
Op do you mean 18 thousand naira Or 18 thousand pounds?

1 Like

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by talktonase(m): 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2016
bigtt76 post=424457 ;D32:

1. No Internet Data
2. No DSTV
3. No weave-on
4. No make-ups

I pray say na so you dey for real life oh... grin
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by bigtt76(f): 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
Forget that thing, with genuine love what do I need again? No darn friends to mislead you or you envying just me and my hubby.

We ladies problem starts when we watch too many Telenovelas and we start getting good emotional... It's only real when there's no love dear.

With genuine love, I don't need no Linda Ikeji's blog or Bella Naija or Toke Makinwa's vlog or Kim Kardashian's family etc to be happy, I will need just my husband for that.

My husband too if he reciprocate the gesture, he will be happy too but if he starts 'owning' premiership teams, de follow bet9ja or Messi about e go spoil all thing.

dollyjoy:
talk is easy my sister!

1 Like

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by bigtt76(f): 9:26pm On Jan 29, 2016
And people be wondering if I smoke issh before posting. We're the architect of our problems without knowing it.

25ahmad:
I got marry at the age of 26yrs with with the minimum salary of N16540. as a class teacher, and now i have two kids boy and girl. i manage N24765 and i only used N1500 to buy food stuff dor i got a small business

1 Like

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by talktonase(m): 9:27pm On Jan 29, 2016
Marxxx:
[/font]I wanted to comment, but when I saw ur dp I said to myself...Surely you didn't type this with ur clear eyes....[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
honestly same train of thought when I saw the DP...will we judge a book by its cover? hmmm only God knows!

1 Like

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by kay29000(m): 9:28pm On Jan 29, 2016
bigtt76:
That is usually the problem.... wedding ceremonies takes most of the financial resources of the couple. Cut that out I tell you most couples wld survive even on less.

Marriage shouldn't be seen as a fund raising ceremony or competition amongst friends on whose was well attended or most beautiful or regal. It should be more of loving each other.

Someone asked about paying hospital bills for giving birth, Trust me it would sort itself out when it's time. Be not afraid.

wink
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by bigtt76(f): 9:30pm On Jan 29, 2016
Do tell me at what salary range would be ideal to get married and tell me if at this rate we will ever achieve that rise.

Fela once sang about the worker trying to buy fan. This guy saves everything he can afford to buy a fan at 50 naira then. When he was almost meeting his target, price of fan skyrocketed and the cycle goes on and on.

At no time will it be adequate until u take the bull by the horn and get married on the level you're o

Niceman4u:

On the present economic condition it wil b difficult, 50K earners wil find it difficult to get married nt to talk of those on 18K.
Bt on a commendable note, if wat u just said its from ur hrt I must say dat u r a rare specie among ladies, a gud manager of resources nd a dream lady for any man. Thumps up!

1 Like

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by kay29000(m): 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
dollyjoy:
talk is easy my sister!

Hmm! Sad truth. So, those that mean a girl would prefer to marry a financially okay guy she doesn't love, than to marry a struggling guy she loves?
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2016
bigtt76:
How much was Adam earning when God gave him a wife? No amount is too small to get married on. Just pray for a loving and caring wife with God all things are possible.
joke of the year, joke of the century, loving and caring wife sounds good to my ear

2 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by kay29000(m): 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
25ahmad:
I got marry at the age of 26yrs with with the minimum salary of N16540. as a class teacher, and now i have two kids boy and girl. i manage N24765 and i only used N1500 to buy food stuff dor i live in a rural area got a small business

Okay. So, the 24k is your salary, how much do you get from your business?

1 Like

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by kay29000(m): 9:35pm On Jan 29, 2016
Caringguy:
Op do you mean 18 thousand naira Or 18 thousand pounds?

18 thousand Naira a month. I wish this thread can get to frontpage...I need more opinions on this.
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by dollyjoy(f): 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2016
kay29000:

Hmm! Sad truth. So, those that mean a girl would prefer to marry a financially okay guy she doesn't love, than to marry a struggling guy she loves?
it all come down to individual preference,but as for me?i dnt build castles in the air,if i cant tolerate it for long,i wouldnt never agree to it.
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by kay29000(m): 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
bigtt76:
Do tell me at what salary range would be ideal to get married and tell me if at this rate we will ever achieve that rise.

Fela once sang about the worker trying to buy fan. This guy saves everything he can afford to buy a fan at 50 naira then. When he was almost meeting his target, price of fan skyrocketed and the cycle goes on and on.

At no time will it be adequate until u take the bull by the horn and get married on the level you're o

Whoa! These are wise words. You really are gingering me. wink
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by peacengine(m): 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
kay29000:

Read his post, he claims to spend only N1500 monthly on food for a family of four cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by mikki123(m): 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2016
[quote author=kay29000 post=42445054]So I went to see an old friend today that I hadn't seen in like 20 years or so. We attended the same primary school. He is married with kids now, and has a great job. So, we got talking and then he asked if I was married, and when I said no, he was shocked. I told him money was an issue, and he told me that at the time he married his wife 4 years ago, he was only earning 18k. My jaws dropped to the ground. How is it possible to marry with an income of 18k a month in this Lagos?

My friend went on to tell me he knew he was taking a risk at the time, but immediately after the wedding, things turned around for him. He got his current job, and his financial status changed almost overnight.

So, guys, I ask this question- can you marry with a salary of 18k? And girls, can you marry a guy who earns 18k

Go and work harder bro

It will be stupid for any girls to open her eyes and Walk into POVERTY.
Things have changed, your friend married during GEJ administration (£112) per barrel but now things have changed.

If you agree click like
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by kay29000(m): 9:43pm On Jan 29, 2016
peacengine:

Read his post, he claims to spend only N1500 on food for a family of four cheesy

Maybe he meant 15,000. I saw the 1,500 and couldn't wrap my head around the reality of that, cos I went to the market myself today, and I know how much I spent, even though I was trying to manage money o! See one small chonkolo tin of ata gingu (dry pepper) for 200 Naira. cry I wanted to cry.
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by Topestbilly(m): 9:44pm On Jan 29, 2016
bigtt76:
tongue

Lol.... what's the tongue for
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by freeage7(m): 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2016
The answer my friend is blowing in the winds.
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by peacengine(m): 9:49pm On Jan 29, 2016
kay29000:

Maybe he meant 15,000. I saw the 1,500 and couldn't wrap my head around the reality of that, cos I went to the market myself today, and I know how much I spent, even though I was trying to manage money o! See one small chonkolo tin of ata gingu (dry pepper) for 200 Naira. cry I wanted to cry.

Let us assume he made a typographic error.

1 Like

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by Godmother(f): 9:49pm On Jan 29, 2016
kay29000:
Godmother, what do you have to say?

Hmmm, I wouldnt advice it o, except the lady is working herself and you both know things will turn for good soonest. In marriage, there are serious bills to be paid, weekly or monthly and if you can't meet up frustration and quarrels may set in

2 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by Smartguy001(m): 9:50pm On Jan 29, 2016
bigtt76:
Hahaha go sidon jaaaare! Money nor bi everything dear... what is in your heart is worth more than the monies in the whole wide world if it is genuine.

Ok...my intentions r ova genuine o...can wait 4us 2 start sumtin real
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by kay29000(m): 9:50pm On Jan 29, 2016
Godmother:

Hmmm, I would advice it o, except the lady is working herself and you both know things will turn for good soonest. In marriage, there are serious bills to be paid, weekly or monthly and if you can't meet up frustration and quarrels may set in

Yea, true.
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by skywalker240(m): 9:51pm On Jan 29, 2016
even if the minimum income is reduced to 15k pipo earning such can still get married and live happily

But i know all d girls can lie sha.. Even if ther bea receives 25k they wont even be willin to even bare

1 Like

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by kay29000(m): 9:52pm On Jan 29, 2016
peacengine:

Let us assume he made a typographic error.

Yea.

1 Like

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 29, 2016
Yes if no plan of bearing children any sooner.
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by 25ahmad(m): 11:03pm On Jan 29, 2016
kay29000:

I own a drinks shop and the rest are confidential

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Common[Hilarious] Nigerian Superstitious Beliefs / Lagos Street Party!! 3rd - 4th December / Hilarious! Lady Asked If She Is Ugly On Facebook Group [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.