Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? (102415 Views)

My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? / My Pregnant Wife Now Hates Me! Please Help!!! / Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by beejay112: 6:36am On Jan 31, 2016
i remember when i had my first child,i took too much of milo which result for me having tear during labor cuss the baby was too big,the stitching part was a tough one,aftermath of the tear you wont be able to sit properly for a week or so

when i was pregnant with my second child, cuss of the fear of having tears i started comsuming lipton,bro the result aint so cool,my baby was so skinny but healthy,thanks to SMA gold did the magic lol

1 Like

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by gidjah(m): 9:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
Thats the truth,milo for a preggy woman aint good enough, you risk having a C section on the D day due to the potnetial size of the day.watch her skin too and see, she is bound to develop heavy weight and big size.that is also not good for her,she can take the lipton with little mik once a while.you must warn her o!,this women can be most funny atimes,my own had to go steal milo when i am not at home most times!,but i caught her one day (though it was too late),na c section end the matter [.quote author=Adewunmi84 post=42468823]now I have gotten the gist now.thanks very much.may be I should ask her to take the milo just 3 times in a week.my baby must not be ugly and thin o..thanks very much.[/quote]
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by cococandy(f): 5:35am On Feb 01, 2016
So many dos and don'ts. angry
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by TheArchangel(f): 9:53am On Feb 01, 2016
cococandy:
So many dos and don'ts. angry
No kidding!!!
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by kemmary: 3:46pm On Feb 01, 2016
Good day all, Math League Nigeria is organizing an international mathematics contest for pupils in primary 4-6 and Jss1 to SS3. They are the representatives of Math League International. Their questions are set by internationally acclaimed mathematicians. The top performers for each class stand a change to win cash prizes and laptops. Registration is on going for this year annual contest which will come up sometime in April 2016. This contest will benefit both the child and the school. In other to register, visit www.mathleagueng.com or call 08035098731. Thank you
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Creamish(f): 4:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
Adewunmi84:
pregnant care?which drug is that?what does it do for pregnant women?and how much is the cost?

Pregnacare - N2,200 as at last week. She doesn't need all those drugs. One tab a day is ok.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Dyt(f): 5:07pm On Feb 01, 2016
Preggy and different wants
I rem the only thing I could take anytime hunger comes is Pepsi, I was asked to stop but was I able take anything?
No
Same people asked me to continue since that's the only thing I crave
Baby sha gotta take something

From the very first month till I pushed him out, I was only fine 8month, that was the only time I had appetite

Pls let your wife eat and drink it all
She can drink her Milo everyday, doesn't mean Milo is thick and cold. It could be so watery

Well
I just dey talk from my own oi
I no be dokita
Preggy comes with diff cravings

Oya na
I don waka
Baba God bless me with twin next * when I am ready*

1 Like

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
Creamish:

Pregnacare - N2,200 as at last week. She doesn't need all those drugs. One tab a day is ok.
I will get her pregnacare when she is through with these drugs she have with her.thanks
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by JustHere2Observ(f): 6:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
If I were you, I will change hospital quick. There is nothing wrong in taking Milo, it doesn't affect the mother or baby in anyway. And it doesn't make your baby big, what causes big babies is gestational diabetes, which your wife will be screened for later in pregnancy, that is if she uses a good hospital.
Let her enjoy her Milo, keep a healthy caloric intake and an active lifestyle unless indicated otherwise by her doctor. I'm a registered nurse and mid wife.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by yvelchstores(f): 9:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
I got a lot of terrible advises while pregnant. Thank God I didn't listen. I drank my Milo n milk everyday, my baby came out so fresh. The doctors in d general hospital advised this. Allow her.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Sijo01(f): 10:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
If she continues your baby is gonna be sooooo big. So I heard. undecided
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by abbey621(m): 10:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
Quack doctors taking advantage of less informed Nigerians. For milo or hot chocolate to be dangerous to the baby's health, it must be consumed excessively meaning at least 3 cups per day, 7 days a week and 28 days out of the month.

2 Likes

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by anthoniaz(f): 10:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
Adewunmi84:
can she take it everyday?because she doesn't like taking her drugs with just water because she complains the drugs are too many for her to take with ordinary water and beside she takes her drugs in the morning and night?
She can use eba, fufu or pounded yam, whichever she uses with soup.

1 Like

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by zurine(f): 10:20pm On Feb 01, 2016
i dont know
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by pet4ril(f): 10:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
RiloKiley:
@adewunmi,
The reason the nurses told her to stop the Milo is probably because they don't want the baby to be too big to push out. Taking excessively sugary stuff during pregnancy is likely to make you have what they call a macrosomic(big) baby. And that could cause your wife to have a c/s instead of normal delivery.
However like someone else said, everything in moderation. Tea has more caffeine than cocoa/Milo, and apart from the fact that it might actually lead to an increase in your wife's blood pressure which would not be good for her or the baby, tea is more likely going to make your wife burn off more fat thus making the baby fine out thin and fugly. You won't like the look of the baby when it comes out. Stick with the Milo but in moderation.
let me educate you by telling you what the mother takes especially within the first 6months has nothing to do with the babys weight. Because its more of developmental stage, controlling her urge for food starts at the end of this month because this is when growth begins that can really cause her to have a big baby.....

2 Likes

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 01, 2016
as far as am concerned, she can continue with with d intake of Milo...buh for d routine drug.i wud suggest pregnaplus...I wud also suggest she switches to complan milk!
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by ariyike23(f): 10:30pm On Feb 01, 2016
Adewunmi84:
Good afternoon doctors in the house.My wife is four months pregnant now and before now she have been taking milo with peak milk but 2 days ago,her nurses at the ante natal told her she s hould stop taking milo and switch to lipton t ea.Today,she have started taking the yellow label lipton tea but I just discovered she have started vomitting.She vomitted the food she took this morning and moreso I think lipton tea could make her slim down and reduce in weight which I don't want.I have consulted google and I discovered some women took milo throughout their pregnancy period and nothing bad happened to them or the baby.And what I read about lipton tea that it can cause miscarriage if taken too much is not encouraging.please,can she switch back to milo and continue taking it everyday?thanks

my dear its nt advisable for a pregnant woman to be taking lipton. Let her take d milo instead buh moderately.. Better still,buy her malt,its healthier for her,then please ensure that she takes enough follic acid,helps her baby"s development and prevents malformation,she shuldnt forget her calcium and vitamins so that her baby isnt fragile and her pcv level doesnt get low,she may not like vit b complex kos it smells,d smell too pissed me off wen i had my baby. Did i tell u cod liver oil helps her baby"s skin to be fresh and succulent and lastly prayer is the key,she shuld never forget to pray for her little you,soft music helps too in ur baby"s development. Yur baby will come out a music lover esp the one that is played often(its true bf some1 counters that)
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by pet4ril(f): 10:30pm On Feb 01, 2016
Blade21:
no vex I mean na rubbish de nurse dem talk sorry I no mean any insult abeg plus your wife can take milo I took a lot when I was preggy nd I have had two natural nd successful births
And what makes you think the nurse was saying rubbish, do you know what she complained of before they advised her on that, for the fact that you took it during your pregnancies does not mean another woman should take it. Pregnancy difers in every individual including every babies. Don'tbe surprise you may not be able to take in your next pregnancy what you took in the previous ones, that is why every child is different
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by pet4ril(f): 10:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
kaziblake:
@Adewumi the nurse was right to ask her to stop taking milo.

When my mum was pregnant nurses and doctors warned to stop taking milo because of the side effect but she refused.

During labour the baby was so big and fat to the extent that she couldn't push.

They had to rush her to the emergency room.

The doctor told her that it was her constant intake of milo that caused it.

Tell your wife to leave milo for now.
if she's not having any health issues contradicting the milo intake, it has nothing to do with the baby's weight for now..... She should rather go on moderate especially when she's craving for it
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Payshence(f): 10:34pm On Feb 01, 2016
Nestle Vs Unilever........we need representatives frm each coy to cm give der own opinion...lolzz.OP,i tinz Moderation is da Key.#GBAM.

1 Like

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by ariyike23(f): 10:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
pet4ril:
And what makes you think the nurse was saying rubbish, do you know what she complained of before they advised her on that, for the fact that you took it during your pregnancies does not mean another woman should take it. Pregnancy difers in every individual including every babies. Don'tbe surprise you may not be able to take in your next pregnancy what you took in the previous ones, that is why every child is different

i also agree that the nurse is saying crap. how will you tell a pregnant woman to take lipton,something that has caffeine and can serve as a stimulant..No matter how different a pregnancy is,there are some things that are a no go area for a pregnant woman

2 Likes

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by pet4ril(f): 10:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
Adewunmi84:
pregnant care?which drug is that?what does it do for pregnant women?and how much is the cost?
yeah,its a drug that contains most of the essential nutrients needed for the baby's growth and development..
Don't go and buy it over the counter else, her nurse will get mad at her. Instead tell her to go the nurse and tell her a medical personnel has advised her on it because she's scared of swallowing the other ones based on the numbers thay are, then, she will prescribe it on her to get in the hospital pharmacy if they have
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
[b]
kaziblake:
@Adewumi the nurse was right to ask her to stop taking milo.

When my mum was pregnant nurses and doctors warned to stop taking milo because of the side effect but she refused.

During labour the baby was so big and fat to the extent that she couldn't push.

They had to rush her to the emergency room.

The doctor told her that it was her constant intake of milo that caused it.

Tell your wife to leave milo for now.

After reading your post, I laugh well well.
Although ur point is not too different from what many have said but I don't really buy the idea.

To prove u wrong, have u visited some village maternities?
Do u know there are also cases of macrosomic (big) babies? How many of those poverty ridden women in the villa can afford Milo? Yet they also record cases of big babies.

God is a perfect creator. So long as your kidney is functioning well, every excessive intake of Milo and many other diet will be taken care by the Almighty kidney.
The most commonest cause of big babies is Diabetes in pregnancy. Rifine sugar is not the only cause of Diabetes, carbohydrates as a whole cause DM in people with lack of insulin or that their tissues are insulin resistant.
Thank u
[/b]
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by akpur1(m): 10:41pm On Feb 01, 2016
Adewunmi84:
Good afternoon doctors in the house.My wife is four months pregnant now and before now she have been .I have consulted google and.please,can she switch back to milo and continue taking it everyday?thanks
please follow the advice from antenal before she is delivered of a baby or may be ZIKA
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Asiri1991: 10:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
Couples thread. I am off.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by pet4ril(f): 10:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
ariyike23:

i also agree that the nurse is saying crap. how will you tell a pregnant woman to take lipton,something that has caffeine and can serve as a stimulant..No matter how different a pregnancy is,there are some things that are a no go area for a pregnant woman
And you think Lipton is one, This is a blind argument you are having here., you are only talking out of experience which is not enough evidence to clear your point
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by pet4ril(f): 10:48pm On Feb 01, 2016
beejay112:

i remember when i had my first child,i took too much of milo which result for me having tear during labor cuss the baby was too big,the stitching part was a tough one,aftermath of the tear you wont be able to sit properly for a week or so

when i was pregnant with my second child, cuss of the fear of having tears i started comsuming lipton,bro the result aint so cool,my baby was so skinny but healthy,thanks to SMA gold did the magic lol
i think you did what you thought was right and probably it wasn't frea health personnel, please next time, always inquire from your caregiver before you take anything because there are things to take and not to take in each phase of pregnancy
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by kaziblake(f): 10:48pm On Feb 01, 2016
kenonze:

After reading your post, I laugh well well.
Although ur point is not too different from what many have said but I don't really buy the idea.

To prove u wrong, have u visited some village maternities?
Do u know there are also cases of macrosomic (big) babies? How many of those poverty ridden women in the villa can afford Milo? Yet they also record cases of big babies.

God is a perfect creator. So long as your kidney is functioning well, every excessive intake of Milo and many other diet will be taken care by the Almighty kidney.
The most commonest cause of big babies is Diabetes in pregnancy. Rifine sugar is not the only cause of Diabetes, carbohydrates as a whole cause DM in people with lack of insulin or that their tissues are insulin resistant.
Thank u
I adviced him out of experience,my mum intake of milo was too much and it made the baby so big to the extent that she had cesarean section.

I'm not a doctor or a nurse.

God is actually the perfect creator but he won't come down to help you,you have to help yourself first.

Mind you I was matured when she had the baby so I knew everything that went wrong.

1 Like

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by ariyike23(f): 10:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
pet4ril:
And you think Lipton is one, This is a blind argument you are having here., you are only talking out of experience which is not enough evidence to clear your point

really?? has no one ever told u lipton can act like as a stimulant.. what is blind in the arguement,dont you have google? i"m not talking out of experience alone,im talking based on knowledge too? are u a lawyer,kos its like you like to win arguements?Nd no im not argueing,im simply stating my opinion and there is no need to attack me . Gracias
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by pet4ril(f): 10:51pm On Feb 01, 2016
gidjah:
Thats the truth,milo for a preggy woman aint good enough, you risk having a C section on the D day due to the potnetial size of the day.watch her skin too and see, she is bound to develop heavy weight and big size.that is also not good for her,she can take the lipton with little mik once a while.you must warn her o!,this women can be most funny atimes,my own had to go steal milo when i am not at home most times!,but i caught her one day (though it was too late),na c section end the matter [.quote author=Adewunmi84 post=42468823]now I have gotten the gist now.thanks very much.may be I should ask her to take the milo just 3 times in a week.my baby must not be ugly and thin o..thanks very much.
leave her to eat whatever she likes in the first 6months but not too much..... The strict monitoring should be at the end of the 6mths and always communicate with her caregiver because there are dos and donts at each phase of pregnancy
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by flokii: 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
wow!.. m learning new stuffs everyday

#abiyamothings.. e fit be my turn next.

@OP e ku pregnancy o cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! / My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... / It Took Some Time For Our Wives To Idenify Us 90-Year-Old Identical Twins (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.