Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,797 members, 7,813,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? (102423 Views)

My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? / My Pregnant Wife Now Hates Me! Please Help!!! / Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Iffffffy(f): 10:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
pet4ril:
And you think Lipton is one, This is a blind argument you are having here., you are only talking out of experience which is not enough evidence to clear your point
yeah, lipton is one and so are other tea bags. If you're registered in a federal hospital, you will certainly be told that. Lipton is a no no during pregnancy. Milo is very much preferable when taken in moderation.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2016
DesChyko:
Well, Pregnant women experience nausea so vomitting isn't predictably as a result of the food. As for the 'Milo' talk, Milo is a cocoa product and it contains caffeine, which can affect the baby's heart rate and development, the same way it affects us. It even affects the baby more because the baby isn't as developed as we are. Other reasons are what the effect on the mother can cause on the baby as well. The nurses surely had a point.
Note, I am not a doctor, but I was very attentive when my partner was in her term.

Tea also contains caffeine. Personally, I don't think Milo would contain higher level of caffeine than tea. Either way it is better to keep off both

@Adewunmi84
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by pet4ril(f): 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2016
ariyike23:

really?? has no one ever told u lipton can act like as a stimulant.. what is blind in the arguement,dont you have google? i"m not talking out of experience alone,im talking based on knowledge too? are u a lawyer,kos its like you like to win arguements?Nd no im not argueing,im simply stating my opinion and there is no need to attack me . Gracias
more grace to you but you can't be talking/advising a woman who is not your client and you know nothing about her health issues
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2016
Iffffffy:
yeah, lipton is one and so are other tea bags. If you're registered in a federal hospital, you will certainly be told that. Lipton is a no no during pregnancy. Milo is very much preferable when taken in moderation.

I knew it! smiley
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by ariyike23(f): 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
[quote author=abbey621 post=42534496]Quack doctors taking advantage of less informed Nigerians. For milo or hot chocolate to be dangerous to the baby's health, it must be consumed excessively meaning at least 3 cups per day, 7 days a week and 28 days out of the

^

God bless yu. dat nurse must be auxilliary,lol..
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by pet4ril(f): 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2016
JustHere2Observ:
If I were you, I will change hospital quick. There is nothing wrong in taking Milo, it doesn't affect the mother or baby in anyway. And it doesn't make your baby big, what causes big babies is gestational diabetes, which your wife will be screened for later in pregnancy, that is if she uses a good hospital.
Let her enjoy her Milo, keep a healthy caloric intake and an active lifestyle unless indicated otherwise by her doctor. I'm a registered nurse and mid wife.
i would have passed if not that I saw the qualifications.... You mean she can be taking beverages freely in all the semesters shocked shocked cool
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by ariyike23(f): 11:00pm On Feb 01, 2016
Iffffffy:

Thanks for telling her that... she needs to know something before attacking another on half knowledge
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
JustHere2Observ:
If I were you, I will change hospital quick. There is nothing wrong in taking Milo, it doesn't affect the mother or baby in anyway. And it doesn't make your baby big, what causes big babies is gestational diabetes, which your wife will be screened for later in pregnancy, that is if she uses a good hospital.
Let her enjoy her Milo, keep a healthy caloric intake and an active lifestyle unless indicated otherwise by her doctor. I'm a registered nurse and mid wife.

lol
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by DisGuy: 11:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
NO ONE DEEMED IT FIT TO CHANGE THIS HORRIBLE HEADING?/

continue the 'intake'?? uhhh
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by FuckTheMod: 11:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
DesChyko:
Well, Pregnant women experience nausea so vomitting isn't predictably as a result of the food. As for the 'Milo' talk, Milo is a cocoa product and it contains caffeine, which can affect the baby's heart rate and development, the same way it affects us. It even affects the baby more because the baby isn't as developed as we are. Other reasons are what the effect on the mother can cause on the baby as well. The nurses surely had a point.
Note, I am not a doctor, but I was very attentive when my partner was in her term.
Olodo doctor
So lipton doesn't have caffeine abi
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by ariyike23(f): 11:02pm On Feb 01, 2016
pet4ril:
more grace to you but you can't be talking/advising a woman who is not your client and you know nothing about her health issues

whether she is my client is not the issue,she is nobody"s client here either or are u the nurse in question? But under no circumstance no mata the health probs should a pregnant woman be advised to take lipton. Nd av you checked google as to whether lipton is a stimulant
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Karence(f): 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2016
Blade21:
I didn't take routine drugs in my time but like I said before all in moderation y not buy her pregnant care which is just one drug nd it's taken once a day that way she won't complain
Its called "pregnacare" ,a multi vitamin for pregnant women,made by vitabiotics.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by pet4ril(f): 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2016
ariyike23:

whether she is my client is not the issue,she is nobody"s client here either or are u the nurse in question? But under no circumstance no mata the health probs should a pregnant woman be advised to take lipton. Nd av you checked google as to whether lipton is a stimulant
i don't need the google for now because I know what I'm saying........ Tell me what and what it can cause her....... Better off, the person that adviced her on it probably knows the advantages outweigh the disadvantage and that's is what matters in health
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2016
MOD pls help me remove this on front-page for God sake.I don't want it on front-page.I have gotten enough advise from the section I posted it and moreso,I have been reffered to a health section to get more education.thanks as you do this abeg...
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Iffffffy(f): 11:07pm On Feb 01, 2016
FuckTheMod:

Olodo doctor
So lipton doesn't have caffeine abi
olodo abi olodo. So many olodos' here.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by ariyike23(f): 11:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
Adewunmi84:
MOD pls help me remove this on front-page for God sake.I don't want it on front-page.I have gotten enough advise from the section I posted it and moreso,I have been reffered to a health section to get more education.thanks as you do this abeg...

lol.pele,you will get more than you bargained for esp from those who have no experience of childbirth or even a medical certificate.. cheesy
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Iffffffy(f): 11:11pm On Feb 01, 2016
*On a lighter mood* OP was the one his wife says look like tekno. LMAO

1 Like

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by ariyike23(f): 11:11pm On Feb 01, 2016
Iffffffy:
olodo abi olodo. So many olodos' here.

lol,can u please help me educate @pet4ril on effects of lipton intake on a pregnant woman,and please let her know that lipton is a stimulant because i don tire to tell her wetin truth be but she kips arguing blindly like sje said earlier and she no wan gree use google.. grin
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by abeniagbon(m): 11:11pm On Feb 01, 2016
@Adewunmi. If you love your wife very well. I will advise you to tell her instead of taking tea she should take coffee with a cube of sugar. If you don't her to cost you for CS. When labouring... Okay and she always take the coffee every morning as well. Cos when taking much of soft drink, bournvita, peak milk. The weight of the baby will be big inside of her and that's cud bring a big problem for her delivery, and that cud bring about CS. Which may lead to you spending more of your funds and her health too. Vegatable is also okay for her at this period and if she can take whisky or dry gin that's cool as well. Goodluck
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by ariyike23(f): 11:14pm On Feb 01, 2016
pet4ril:
i don't need the google for now because I know what I'm saying........ Tell me what and what it can cause her....... Better off, the person that adviced her on it probably knows the advantages outweigh the disadvantage and that's is what matters in health

babe,i give up on ur mata abeg.. i could go on all day telling you about the effects and you ll"d still tell me ypu know what you are saying.. grin. Better still,just use google..type in effects of lipton intake on a pregnant woman.. i rest my case.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by bigtt76(f): 11:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
Basically it's to avoid constipation from the consumption of too much milo and milk.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Iffffffy(f): 11:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
ariyike23:

lol,can u please help me educate @pet4ril on effects of lipton intake on a pregnant woman,and please let her know that lipton is a stimulant because i don tire to tell her wetin truth be but she kips arguing blindly like sje said earlier and she no wan gree use google.. grin
she's really arguing blindly. I hate arguing with people with such attitude. Something she has little knowledge of and doesn't want to use google. Isn't that funny?
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by ariyike23(f): 11:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
abeniagbon:
@Adewunmi. If you love your wife very well. I will advise you to tell her instead of taking tea she should take coffee with a cube of sugar. If you don't her to cost you for CS. When labouring... Okay and she always take the coffee every morning as well. Cos when taking much of soft drink, bournvita, peak milk. The weight of the baby will be big inside of her and that's cud bring a big problem for her delivery, and that cud bring about CS. Which may lead to you spending more of your funds and her health too. Vegatable is also okay for her at this period and if she can take whisky or dry gin that's cool as well. Goodluck

what is this?? abeg op just filter the advices from here oo.. kos me no undastand whiskey and dry gin mata for pregnant woman oo
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by mifavour(f): 11:16pm On Feb 01, 2016
RiloKiley:
@adewunmi,
The reason the nurses told her to stop the Milo is probably because they don't want the baby to be too big to push out. Taking excessively sugary stuff during pregnancy is likely to make you have what they call a macrosomic(big) baby. And that could cause your wife to have a c/s instead of normal delivery.
However like someone else said, everything in moderation. Tea has more caffeine than cocoa/Milo, and apart from the fact that it might actually lead to an increase in your wife's blood pressure which would not be good for her or the baby, tea is more likely going to make your wife burn off more fat thus making the baby fine out thin and fugly. You won't like the look of the baby when it comes out. Stick with the Milo but in moderation.

which one again is normal delivery? it's either vaginal delivery or c/s

1 Like

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by ariyike23(f): 11:17pm On Feb 01, 2016
bigtt76:
Basically it's to avoid constipation from the consumption of too much milo and milk.

Bless u dear,that could be a logical reason ,but wen she takes enoff fruits especially water melon,constipation can be avoided
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by DesChyko: 11:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
FuckTheMod:
Olodo doctor So lipton doesn't have caffeine abi
Who is the doctor here? It pays to pay attention.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Iffffffy(f): 11:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
abeniagbon:
another doctor on board. Whisky, coffee for a pregnant woman. Are you for real?
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by ariyike23(f): 11:20pm On Feb 01, 2016
Iffffffy:
she's really arguing blindly. I hate arguing with people with such attitude. Something she has little knowledge of and doesn't want to use google. Isn't that funny?

lol,i even wanted to ask her how many kids she has,better still,what grade is she as a matron or midwive or what school of midwivery she went to or if she is done with her housemanship or clinicals ... But likeni said ,i give up on her matter
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Iffffffy(f): 11:21pm On Feb 01, 2016
ariyike23:

what is this?? abeg op just filter the advices from here oo.. kos me no undastand whiskey and dry gin mata for pregnant woman oo
there is nothing we would not see here.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by pet4ril(f): 11:22pm On Feb 01, 2016
Iffffffy:
little knowledge? I will just take it because it has nothing to add nor remove from me... Mind you I have used google and other means and still using concerning pregnancy and others even before you think you know it
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by abeniagbon(m): 11:22pm On Feb 01, 2016
ariyike23:

Yes... It works for many. You can ask.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Iffffffy(f): 11:22pm On Feb 01, 2016
ariyike23:

lol,i even wanted to ask her how many kids she has,better still,what grade is she as a matron or midwive or what school of midwivery she went to or if she is done with her housemanship or clinicals ... But likeni said ,i give up on her matter
Its better my dear sister.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! / My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... / It Took Some Time For Our Wives To Idenify Us 90-Year-Old Identical Twins (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.