Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? (102428 Views)

My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? / My Pregnant Wife Now Hates Me! Please Help!!! / Help! My Pregnant Wife Is Acting Strange! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Iffffffy(f): 11:23pm On Feb 01, 2016
pet4ril:
little knowledge? I will just take it because it has nothing to add nor remove from me... Mind you I have used google and other means and still using concerning pregnancy and others even before you think you know it
k
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by ariyike23(f): 11:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
Iffffffy:
there is nothing we would not see here.

lol grin... D guy na native doctor..His own advise is out of this world
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by pet4ril(f): 11:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
ariyike23:

lol,i even wanted to ask her how many kids she has,better still,what grade is she as a matron or midwive or what school of midwivery she went to or if she is done with her housemanship or clinicals ... But likeni said ,i give up on her matter
i laff
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by ariyike23(f): 11:27pm On Feb 01, 2016
pet4ril:
i laff

Good nite babe..op has gone to bed,we should too.. ciao
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by pet4ril(f): 11:30pm On Feb 01, 2016
ariyike23:

Bless u dear,that could be a logical reason ,but wen she takes enoff fruits especially water melon,constipation can be avoided
bebes we are not arguing, we are trying to arrive at a conclusion. You just blessed somebody for possibly having a reason why she was asked to do so and that was why i started by saying you never knew what they discussed to have prompted that advise or how she was advised to go about it...... I'm sorry if you think I was stalking you not trying to reason with you
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by ariyike23(f): 11:34pm On Feb 01, 2016
pet4ril:
bebes we are not arguing, we are trying to arrive at a conclusion. You just blessed somebody for possibly having a reason why she was asked to do so and that was why i started by saying you never knew what they discussed to have prompted that advise or how she was advised to go about it...... I'm sorry if you think I was stalking you not trying to reason with you

No p maam..Bless you too
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Ezelinks(f): 11:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
Blade21:
rubbish incase you don't know new born babies can suffer from low sugar my advice as a mum with two kids is everything in moderation I was speaking to a pharmacist yesterday he told me Lipton is not good for pregnant woman except you want your baby to be born tiny nd ugly so she can take milk nd mlio but I'm moderation
plz stay away from Lipton bcs of shortage of blood. also stay away frm Milo tea to prevent baby overweight Because these her first issue. let her eat fruits,vegetables, iron etc .
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by assana: 11:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
DesChyko:
Well, Pregnant women experience nausea so vomitting isn't predictably as a result of the food. As for the 'Milo' talk, Milo is a cocoa product and it contains caffeine, which can affect the baby's heart rate and development, the same way it affects us. It even affects the baby more because the baby isn't as developed as we are. Other reasons are what the effect on the mother can cause on the baby as well. The nurses surely had a point.
Note, I am not a doctor, but I was very attentive when my partner was in her term.
see bros dnt ever listen to stories when it comes to pregnancy every woman have different body symptoms so also is pregnancy,wen i had my first pregancy so many ppl told me dnt eat dis dnt eat dat,even d milo tin so i was afraid i didn't take it not until i visited my gyenegologist and saw him taking tea(milo&milk) i asked him if i can have some and he said ofcourse, i was arnd 18wks sef so what are we saying,my 2nd pregancy just last year i took ovaltin and loyal milk thru out till i put to bed,there's no harm bros ok,well for me seriously i will advise her to take ovaltin and loyal because of excess fat in Milo and peak milk,2ndly loyal milk has high calcium which is best for the growing baby and stregthen the mother too.all the same your wife will put to bed safely in jesus name.#goodluck#

2 Likes

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by ruthmaris(f): 11:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
Since her preggy is jst four months,she should b taking her milo to build her body nd d baby she can stop arnd 7 months coz of over weight. Me I took it till d day I put to bed. Try get her pregna care original. Is a very good supplement,ur baby wil b bouncing wen he is born

1 Like

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by assana: 11:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
Adewunmi84:
Good afternoon doctors in the house.My wife is four months pregnant now and before now she have been taking milo with peak milk but 2 days ago,her nurses at the ante natal told her she s hould stop taking milo and switch to lipton t ea.Today,she have started taking the yellow label lipton tea but I just discovered she have started vomitting.She vomitted the food she took this morning and moreso I think lipton tea could make her slim down and reduce in weight which I don't want.I have consulted google and I discovered some women took milo throughout their pregnancy period and nothing bad happened to them or the baby.And what I read about lipton tea that it can cause miscarriage if taken too much is not encouraging.please,can she switch back to milo and continue taking it everyday?thanks
e bros dnt ever listen to stories when it comes to pregnancy every woman have different body symptoms so also is pregnancy,wen i had my first pregancy so many ppl told me dnt eat dis dnt eat dat,even d milo tin so i was afraid i didn't take it not until i visited my gyenegologist and saw him taking tea(milo&milk) i asked him if i can have some and he said ofcourse, i was arnd 18wks sef so what are we saying,my 2nd pregancy just last year i took ovaltin and loyal milk thru out till i put to bed,there's no harm bros ok,well for me seriously i will advise her to take ovaltin and loyal because of excess fat in Milo and peak milk,2ndly loyal milk has high calcium which is best for the growing baby and stregthen the mother too.all the same your wife will put to bed safely in Jesus name.#goodluck#

1 Like

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Ezelinks(f): 11:41pm On Feb 01, 2016
RiloKiley:
@adewunmi,
The reason the nurses told her to stop the Milo is probably because they don't want the baby to be too big to push out. Taking excessively sugary stuff during pregnancy is likely to make you have what they call a macrosomic(big) baby. And that could cause your wife to have a c/s instead of normal delivery.
However like someone else said, everything in moderation. Tea has more caffeine than cocoa/Milo, and apart from the fact that it might actually lead to an increase in your wife's blood pressure which would not be good for her or the baby, tea is more likely going to make your wife burn off more fat thus making the baby fine out thin and fu gly. You won't like the look of the baby when it comes out. Stick with the Milo but in moderation.
wonderful and God bless u . tea is not adviceable
. let her take the medicine with natural fruit juice. or put it inside amala or garri.abeg o

1 Like

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by bigtt76(f): 11:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
Yes consuming fruits would help alleviate the constipation but at the same time result in frequent stooping if care is not taken undecided

ariyike23:

Bless u dear,that could be a logical reason ,but wen she takes enoff fruits especially water melon,constipation can be avoided
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Dbrainiac1(m): 12:12am On Feb 02, 2016
Adewunmi84:
Good afternoon doctors in the house.My wife is four months pregnant now and before now she have been taking milo with peak milk but 2 days ago,her nurses at the ante natal told her she s hould stop taking milo and switch to lipton t ea.Today,she have started taking the yellow label lipton tea but I just discovered she have started vomitting.She vomitted the food she took this morning and moreso I think lipton tea could make her slim down and reduce in weight which I don't want.I have consulted google and I discovered some women took milo throughout their pregnancy period and nothing bad happened to them or the baby.And what I read about lipton tea that it can cause miscarriage if taken too much is not encouraging.please,can she switch back to milo and continue taking it everyday?thanks
Milk intake makes the baby to grow bigger than normal in the womb.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Nobody: 12:15am On Feb 02, 2016
Adewunmi84:
na God only know the kind of hospital she is attending her antenatal at. My own hospital antenatal teachers told us to stay away from any stimulants, me I took mt beloved ovaltine with milk till my delivery day and continued after.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Nobody: 12:53am On Feb 02, 2016
abeniagbon:

Yes... It works for many. You can ask.
Egbami ooooo. abeniagbon.....hian.

Questions for you.
Do u have a wife that has used this your 'remedy' for whatever before?
Are you a health practitioner?

OP you will get enough advise. Just sieve and choose.

1 Like

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by deebrain(m): 12:55am On Feb 02, 2016
Adewunmi84:

Sir, you will do yourself, your wife nd your coming child a favor, by listening to what your "ante" instructed you directly and not from the internet.

Is it not the same internet that will show you materials that you must eat rats or you die, and with more research (and ofcourse, some national proof) you will see materials linking rats to the deadly laser fever?

Report the issue of the vomiting to the doctors. Its the food she ate she reacted to. DON'T INTERFERE WITH WHAT SHE WAS TOLD TO FEED OR DRINK WITHOUT THEIR INSTRUCTION.

Thank me later.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Bianda24: 1:25am On Feb 02, 2016
Taking too much of Milo and milk can cause the baby to be very big. This can lead to a ceacerean during child birth. You know you implications of operation
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by myfantasies(f): 3:10am On Feb 02, 2016
Milo is not good for both mother and child, both of dere health will be at risk

It will make d baby so big dat d mother will find it difficult to push, putting both the mother and child at risk

A lady who stayed in my area lost her life due to dis cos she find it difficult to push, before she was rushed to the emergency room for operation it was too late

So please let her stop taking milo
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by timota(m): 3:49am On Feb 02, 2016
Adewunmi84:
now I have gotten the gist now.thanks very much.may be I should ask her to take the milo just 3 times in a week.my baby must not be ugly and thin o..thanks very much.
ugly or thin baby is not a problem cos u can always address that but the safety of the mother during labour

1 Like

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by YelloweWest: 4:08am On Feb 02, 2016
Is your wife fat? If not I don't think milo can cause any harm.
I'm not a doctor but I have 5kids and pregnant now with my 6th.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Nobody: 4:22am On Feb 02, 2016
Depending on how old your wife is, they are probably worried about Milo (ie sugar) causing gestational diabetes which isn't good for her or the baby. Tea has caffeine which could stunt the babies growth and dry up her amniotic sac. All things in limited quantities. Warm water will probably settle her stomach a bit. That may be why the nurse said tea.

1 Like

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by wesleychidi(m): 4:24am On Feb 02, 2016
RiloKiley:
@adewunmi,
The reason the nurses told her to stop the Milo is probably because they don't want the baby to be too big to push out. Taking excessively sugary stuff during pregnancy is likely to make you have what they call a macrosomic(big) baby. And that could cause your wife to have a c/s instead of normal delivery.
However like someone else said, everything in moderation. Tea has more caffeine than cocoa/Milo, and apart from the fact that it might actually lead to an increase in your wife's blood pressure which would not be good for her or the baby, tea is more likely going to make your wife burn off more fat thus making the baby fine out thin and fugly. You won't like the look of the baby when it comes out. Stick with the Milo but in moderation.
U are so right!!!! Nice one......

2 Likes

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by ireneidiva(f): 5:04am On Feb 02, 2016
YelloweWest:
Is your wife fat? If not I don't think milo can cause any harm.
I'm not a doctor but I have 5kids and pregnant now with my 6th.
In this age and time?

3 Likes

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by repogirl(f): 5:12am On Feb 02, 2016
Adewunmi84:
She can take anything she wants to take, even lipton or Milo.
It does nothing to affect the baby but still she should take it in moderation as too much sugar can make a woman prone to gestational diabetes, which can lead to other complications.

Some people say, the baby can become too big, my mom also told me same thing but I confirmed personally from a doctor that it's just an old wives tale. Only genetics can determine if the child will be big or not.

So please advice your wife to take milo in moderation, maybe take less amount than she usually would. Encourage her to eat plenty of leafy vegetables, tomatoes and fresh fish.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Kazrem(m): 5:27am On Feb 02, 2016
Adewunmi84:
Taking Milo during pregnancy is very dangerous to her and her unborn baby. The baby takes in everything she eats. If she continues drinking Milo, her baby will be big and as a result she might not be able to deliver the baby but by CS. I believe you don't want that. The reason why the nurses told her to be drinking Lipton is simply for her to have an hitch free delivery. It is for you and your wife best interest. Do take heed with nurses instruction. It is for the main time. She can always go back to her routine living after delivery. Wish her safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by Kazrem(m): 5:29am On Feb 02, 2016
ireneidiva:

In this age and time?
Lolzzz.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by santakris(m): 5:39am On Feb 02, 2016
Bianda24:
Taking too much of Milo and milk can cause the baby to be very big. This can lead to a ceacerean during child birth. You know you implications of operation

Gbam! Thee best advice so far. Lipton reduces early morning sickness and stop vomiting. As par the drug. Take folic acid only. I am a father of two. God bless your family.

2 Likes

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by chidifyn(f): 5:49am On Feb 02, 2016
Milo n milk is good for she n d babY Because she needs all d nutrients in it especially at d 1st n 2nd trimester when d BABY is relatively small and d organs still growing. The weight of d baby increasing tremendously at d 2ndhalf of d 3rd trimester so lipton tea can be encouraged that's if it's ur nature to have big babies( remember some woman tend to produce big babies while others dont). And NB: WHAT WALKS FOR MRS A MUST NOT ALWAYS WORK FOR MRS B, SO PLS LEARN N STUDY UR OWN BODY SYSTEM. A friend took lipton and still ended up having 4.5kg babies. I take milo and my biggest baby was 3kg among 3kids.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by TonyAntony: 6:02am On Feb 02, 2016
ow! Love all d responses. They are all mature and articulate contributions that the Op will find very beneficial for his pregnant wife. More reasonable, informative and educative than the ones one sees on NL most times. Milo and Milk are not too bad, but in moderation as most contributors have said. Good rest and nutrition especially eating of fruits and vegies will be real 1daful alongside d prescribed drugs. Wishing her a safe delivery on her day.
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by esejessy(f): 6:11am On Feb 02, 2016
Adewunmi84:
pregnant care?which drug is that?what does it do for pregnant women?and how much is the cost?
pregnant care was what my in-laws took all through her pregnancy.... The baby came out sound and healthy.... Ur wife should stick to dat.....

2 Likes

Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by pet4ril(f): 6:11am On Feb 02, 2016
deebrain:

Sir, you will do yourself, your wife nd your coming child a favor, by listening to what your "ante" instructed you directly and not from the internet.

Is it not the same internet that will show you materials that you must eat rats or you die, and with more research (and ofcourse, some national proof) you will see materials linking rats to the deadly laser fever?

Report the issue of the vomiting to the doctors. Its the food she ate she reacted to. DON'T INTERFERE WITH WHAT SHE WAS TOLD TO FEED OR DRINK WITHOUT THEIR INSTRUCTION.

Thank me later.
i will thank you now on hos behalf not later..... By the time he gets multiple advice and complicates the pregnancy for the caregivers to manage, then he will understand the importance of keeping your caregivers advice.
I even trust those caregivers, an intelligent one knows what transpired especially when you come with an unexpected complications and they will manage to their capability
Re: Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? by arinzest: 6:11am On Feb 02, 2016
Dear Op, pls change your hospital.

The problem we usually have at antenatal clinics is dt nurses say things that are not evidence based cos 'they were told dt by senior matrons'. Medicine is now evidence based.

Graduate nurses and some younger SON graduates can attest to dt. Its no longer myths n legend

A pregnant black woman will add about 12 kilograms in pregnancy. Poor wt gain can be a sign of poor fetal growth inside d womb. this is expected if ur wife's Body mass index is not more than 25kg/m2.

if she is obese, her weight gain shld be 6kg or less depending on her pre-pregnancy wt. Please she can TAKE ANY MILO she wants.

Vaginal delivery has a lot of factors. the baby (passenger), her hips (passage) and how strong d uterus contracts in labour (powers). i have sectioned babies less than 3 kg for cases of malposition,fetal distress or any other cause of abnormal labour.

Pls STOP PREGNARE CARE. its d biggest scam in ObGyn. a black woman needs 3.5-4grms of elemental iron supplementatn per day. We also use high dose folic acid (5mg) in our region to prevent malformations. A caucasian woman req 1.7mg of elemental irpn per day.

our body absorbs 10% of iron intake. if u take pregnare care, you will be getting 1.7mg of elemental iron and 400mcg of folic acid. this is INADEQUATE

your wife shld take her ferrous sulphate (red), folic acid (tiny yellow) and vitamin c. if she has a problem due to d many drugs n smell, use Ferrobin plus by fidson

it will give you 100mg of elemental iron ie 10mg delivered to your system, double d requirement. it also comes wt 5mg folic acid. That what most of us here recommend.

Pls check with a Gynaecologist when in doubt. Your first baby is d most dangerous because of misinfornation .

All the best

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! / My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... / It Took Some Time For Our Wives To Idenify Us 90-Year-Old Identical Twins (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.