Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me (64366 Views)

My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage / Married But No Sex - Part 3 / She Is Getting Married But She Won't Let Me Be. #help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by grandlexuz(m): 2:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
G
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by coolmrs: 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
Its better u reject it now when its not too late so that u wont regret it in future paradventure u marry him
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by malachytochukwu(m): 2:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
You are seeking approval to walk away from the relationship right? You have got it.. Just walk away
Selena06:
By enslaving his wife to be and after marriage he will step it up a bit further?
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by gunners160(m): 2:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
gbens2000:
lol,my dear they are very few wife materials out there not that I support wat he is putting her through.but u could look at it that the longer she can take could show how much she is a home builder.patience is one vital key in marriage needed by the couples actually.
yes my boss but when patience becomes been used up,then it is foolishness.Guys lyk dat end up dumping the lady at d end.Why wil a sensible guy quiery a lady that fails to be a slave to him for just a week?The most annonying part is that he also invites his friends over.Haba,is that a sign of patience or dishonour?
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by Joy1706(f): 2:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
Rollar:
These days boyfriends and girlfriends expect things from each other that was once solely expected of married couples. I have heard stories of boyfriends that contribute to their girlfriend's siblings' education, stocking her fathers house with food items in the form of gifts, giving her siblings pocket money etc. This is aside from the popular duty of doling out cash for making her hair, buying clothes, foodstuffs/provisions, buying recharge cards/monthly subscriptions, calling her every five seconds to ask her if she has eaten and what she ate (that's when she's in the mood to talk) and a plethora of other duties.
So basically, if you want a boyfriend that won't demand for sex and expect you to do his house chores, then don't be a demanding, clingy leech. Its that simple girls.
Pick up the tab once in a while when you guys go shopping or you're out on dates, it won't kill you, I promise cool
Ur so wrong. Lemme tell u eh, my first guy, I neva asked anything from him not even airtime. He also never gave me a dime, not even t - fare, not to talk of gifts or even 100 naira airtime. Yet the buffoon had the guts to be demanding for sex and asking when ill come wash and cook for him. My only joy is that I never did a single one of those tinz 4 him.

3 Likes

Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by ronald4lif(m): 2:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
I don't know if it's just me but I don't like and allow anyone do my chores, whether girlfriend or any person. I feel uncomfortable when someone perform a personal chore I should do myself. Imagine cooking or after eating someone washes my plates, or clothes? Like how does it work. How can I allow someone tide up my own mess?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
are u his slave? screw the guy!!!
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by MrAboki: 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
Selena06:
It is horrifying at times to state the length guys in relationships go to make their girlfriends do some things because they are dating.

There are relationships (not married) where the guy expects the lady to visit him every weekend, wash his clothes, cook for him and store in the refrigerator, clean the house and entertain his friends that may visit during her stay.

Sure, it is good helping your guy out but whereby he makes them compulsory and queries you when you fail to do them is not so cool although as they would say, different strokes for different folks.

NLanders, what's your take on this, is it right?
Meanwhile, I am new here. Show me some love grin

Are you fhucking him?
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
cruzita:
this will happen when he knows u are jobless if u have a job he won't expect u to come over his house every weekend to clean his house.if he can't clean himself then should sleep on top of the dirts .
Hmmm....what does helping your man got to do with joblessness?

1 Like

Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by egedege1(m): 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
Selena06:
By enslaving his wife to be and after marriage he will step it up a bit further?
No slavery in that.... my own opinion tho

1 Like

Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by niyi123: 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
MKO4ever:

How is it a natural phenomenon? s*x before marriage is a sin

Thank you my brother, some ladies out there are just being fool, she even mentioned that she knew of other ladies that help the guy with chores, which implies they are into competition. The guy might end up not marrying her and that is how most of them will continue to be used and dumped in the name of sex is natural phenomenon, says by who? and what annoys me most is when I see people like this carrying bible and quran going to churches and mosques but refused to honour what is stated in those books.

Lastly, fornication is not a natural phenomenon, but an act of astray
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by Nicepoker(m): 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
op u are not new here pls. BTW. Ur post is non of my business. I don't interfere in relationship issues. Thanks.
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by Chibydinho(m): 2:34pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hope you don't ask anything from him as well
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 04, 2016
With all I am reading here from the ladies I now know that good women who know how to keep and groom their home are indeed very few out there.

The op did not talk about herself being beaten or anything of such. Just help out in the house..... be there when my friends are there..... it shows he is proud of showing her off and most likely isnt two timing her. He is not keeping their relationship a secret or playing pranks so what really is the complaint all about?

Is it that the op cannot wash or clean? If you love him quit complaining and enjoy helping out... afterall that may just be your home tomorrow. By the time you carry this mentality enter his home as a wife and u decide to bring in a maid and d maid begins to do all the cooking and cleaning and washing while u dey form chick and oga begin fancy am na that time body go tell u.

2 Likes

Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by bukatyne(f): 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
Selena06:
It is horrifying at times to state the length guys in relationships go to make their girlfriends do some things because they are dating.

There are relationships (not married) where the guy expects the lady to visit him every weekend, wash his clothes, cook for him and store in the refrigerator, clean the house and entertain his friends that may visit during her stay.

Sure, it is good helping your guy out but whereby he makes them compulsory and queries you when you fail to do them is not so cool although as they would say, different strokes for different folks.

Hmmm...

First, I see no difference between a meaningful well - defined relationship and marriage except the solemnization.

That aside,

What agreement do they have?

What does the guy do for the lady?

1 Like

Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by doskie(m): 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
cruzita:
this will happen when he knows u are jobless if u have a job he won't expect u to come over his house every weekend to clean his house.if he can't clean himself then should sleep on top of the dirts .
hey there lemme have my ring back im not marrying you again.
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by betterpikin28(f): 2:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
slyIsaac:
Lol...There's nothing wrong with his demands.....Meet them or get off.....

She is not a maid.he should go and get his sisters at home to do them for him.girlfriend!!!not even wife.
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by yungchief(m): 2:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
slyIsaac:
Lol...There's nothing wrong with his demands.....Meet them or get off.....

cool
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by Chukazu: 2:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
even if you are married to him, I don't think doing those think you mentioned are your " sole responsibility " as a wife.
why should a guy compel you to wash his clothes

I think, sometimes the value you place on your self matters alot as a woman... just yesterday, my girl called and asked what I was doing, and said I was washing my clothes, and she was like..." oh how I wish am there to do the washing for,and tried to prove to her that is not her responsibility to do so but she insisted that it was her" womanly responsibility " and I was totally shocked to say the least.

that you are my girlfriend or wife doesn't make you my house maid

our women need to grow up and our men need a reality check

4 Likes

Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by naijagobetter(m): 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2016
[b][/b]make him understand how you feel, or are you the pretending type? Woman palava, frm al indication the guy is not loaded thts why you are complaining.
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by abbey621(m): 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2016
Be careful when using words like slavery, most educated people know what slaves went through and what the OP is describing seems definitely far from it! When judging issues like this one we must think like a neutralist. Is the guy responsible for most of the girl's upkeep? Is the guy facing stress from work? Did the lady ever complained to the guy? Is the guy even aware she's feeling this way?

I hate when women come on social media to lament when they could easily talk to the guy and iron out their issues but I know most wouldn't want to go that route because they don't want to give up their complete dependency on the guy. No right thinking man would make it compulsory for his woman to do his chores when she's got something going on for herself. Stop the dependency! He's your boyfriend, not your daddy!

2 Likes

Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by Achilles2(m): 2:39pm On Feb 04, 2016
Dear op
When a guy ask u his girlfriend to cook for him, wash his clothes and entertain his friends , it means he is no longer seeing you as just his girlfriend.
He maybe requesting those things from you for the sole purpose of knowing if you have what it takes to make a good house wife.

What most women don't realize is that it takes a lot for a man to allow you cook his food, wash his clothes and even introduce you to his friends. It means he is thinking of taking the relationship to the next level.

If you call yourself my girlfriend and after 6 months I have not introduce you to my friends and you are not yet washing my cloths talk more of cooking for me then my dear you are really wasting your time with me.

2 Likes

Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by tse1v1(m): 2:39pm On Feb 04, 2016
are you on kogi weeds? don't worry they will do the same to your daughter
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by 400billionman: 2:39pm On Feb 04, 2016
Selena06:

Smh.

If i talk now, they will say i don come again..

1 Like

Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
Selena06:

Madam he's looking for free labour, you are not entitled to do all that it should voluntarily, so men can't even take care after themselves chai.

1 Like

Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by toprealman: 2:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
op u look the part. Be harsh and mean if u have to. He is a bully, expect worse after marriage.
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 04, 2016
Achilles2:
Dear op
When a guy ask u his girlfriend to cook for him, wash his clothes and entertain his friends , it means he is no longer seeing you as just his girlfriend.
He maybe requesting those things from you for the sole purpose of knowing if you have what it takes to make a good house wife.

What most women don't realize is that it takes a lot for a man to allow you cook his food, wash his clothes and even introduce you to his friends. It means he is thinking of taking the relationship to the next level.

If you call yourself my girlfriend and after 6 months I have not introduce you to my friends and you are not yet washing my cloths talk more of cooking for me then my dear you are really wasting your time with me.

Yawn

There is a difference between one doing that on her own and being mandated to do so, no doubt girls will do that but every weekend, is he mad
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by Snoolv360(m): 2:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
Practise make perfection...except you aren't willing to get use to that lifestyle...then you ask him to employ househelp before you get married as well.
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by Irore: 2:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
gbens2000:
he might just be testing her sha,my opinion.

1).I see willingness to marry and true love wen a man demands all these especially having to serve her visitors means he's so proud of her and wants his friends to see.

2). Don't expose ur wuld-be-wife unnecessarily to friends and relatives lest they find fault in her and discourage you to changing ur mind.

3). The man is to do everything himself,the woman is only a help mate. Study the Bible

NB: Like others have written, it should not be compulsory. Never. No apology to bossy boyfriends and husbands who never washed dishes nor swept their parents houses all thru their growing years in the name of silver spoon but wants to enslave their wives and gf bcs dat's wot he is used to with housemaids. Bad upbringing.

1 Like

Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by focus7: 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
Any guy that wants that from a lady, the lady should be bold enough to tell him to do the right thing by paying the dowry and marry her.
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by Achilles2(m): 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]
Selena06:
There are ladies who work but must go over to his place on weekends and do her bit for him.

I know of some.

As for me
The moment i start asking you my girlfriend to start cooking for me, washing my clothes and introducing you to my visitors then you don't need anyone to tell you that I am no longer seeing you as a girlfriend.
Your attitude towards such demands from me will determine my next move. .

Sadly many women have failed that simple text.
Re: We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me by correctyourself(m): 2:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
Selena06:

Its suppose to be a matter of choice, though guys use it to consideration a lady with wife material, ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kenyan Father And Daughter Caught Red-Handed Having Sex; Mother Says 'I'm Aware' / Lady Who Makes Fun Of Short Men Marries One / "What I Did To A Pervert Who Tried To Touch My Boobs In A Car" - Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.