Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help (10738 Views)

What Do You Find Sexy About A Guy/girl??? Help Someone Out Please / Can Any Girl Help Me Out? / My Girlfriend Eats Bones And Opens Bottles With Her Teeth, Is Something Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by debosky(m): 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2009
Go and see a dentist. I can recommend the ones at LUTH in Lagos, I went there last year when I was in naija (to pull a tooth) and it was pretty ok.

They can tell you if anything can be done to clean (not whiten) your teeth.

As Razz boy said, you have self esteem issues - you are blaming your failure with women on your teeth, just the same way some people complain of being skinny, not tall, not muscular, etc. . . . .we all have imperfections, but it's up to you whether they limit you or not wink
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by ElRazur: 8:07pm On Jul 05, 2009
FL Gators:

Plz let NLers know who your dentist is so we won't make the mistake of going to him/her. shocked shocked
Ehrrrm ewwww undecided undecided

His teeth appears to be discoloured due to two things - Presence of dentine or possible use of antibiotics - and not poor oral hygiene.

There is not big deal about it. Loads of people have discoloured teeth. It is nothing to be ashamed off. It is Americans that focuses on big white shiny teeth, which in actual fact is not a portrayal of healthy teeth.
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 05, 2009
ElRazur:

His teeth appears to be discoloured due to two things - Presence of dentine or possible use of antibiotics - and not poor oral hygiene.

There is not big deal about it. Loads of people have discoloured teeth. It is nothing to be ashamed off. It is Americans that focuses on big white shiny teeth, which in actual fact is not a portrayal of healthy teeth.
I know that, but did you see the picture he posted up undecided
I think his teeth are starting to decay.
It would also help to advice him to stop using pako (if he is) and to start using toothbrush and toothpaste.

Poster, I'd recommend colgate white or Colgate maxwhite with mint strips. Brush atleast twice a day or after every meal. And do try to use Listerine.
You'll start seeing some changes within weeks/months of using the product.
I wouldn't want to spend hundreds of thousands of nairas just to get immediate teeth whitening procedure done undecided

1 Like

Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by debosky(m): 8:13pm On Jul 05, 2009
ElRazur:

There is not big deal about it. Loads of people have discoloured teeth. It is nothing to be ashamed off. [b]It is Americans [/b]that focuses on big white shiny teeth, which in actual fact is not a portrayal of healthy teeth.

Very true - Brits have some of the nastiest looking teeth on the planet.  grin
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 05, 2009
debosky:

Very true - Brits have some of the nastiest looking teeth on the planet.  grin
So true. Don't they have free healthcare or something? undecided

B.T.W. are you saying the poster has nasty teeth?
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by ElRazur: 8:18pm On Jul 05, 2009
debosky:

Very true - Brits have some of the nastiest looking teeth on the planet.  grin

True. Ricky Gervais refused to bleached his teeth for his recent movie stint in america. He even made the same observation of how people over there love big shiny white teeth. lol.
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by fineboy5: 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2009
FL Gators:

I know that, but did you see the picture he posted up undecided
I think his teeth are starting to decay.
It would also help to advice him to stop using pako (if he is) and to start using toothbrush and toothpaste.

Poster, I'd recommend colgate white or Colgate maxwhite with mint strips. Brush atleast twice a day or after every meal. And do try to use Listerine.
You'll start seeing some changes within weeks/months of using the product.
I wouldn't want to spend hundreds of thousands of nairas just to get immediate teeth whitening procedure done undecided
i used colgate toothpaste, this is not a toothpaste issue so u better know that.

toothpaste can't change this color.
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by spikedcylinder: 8:21pm On Jul 05, 2009
You guys are just giving advice to a brick wall. Seems the guy is determined to be miserable.
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by ElRazur: 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2009
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by debosky(m): 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2009
@ fine boy

Do you have mouth odour? If your teeth are simply discoloured with no other oral issues, move on and enjoy your life - if they won't date you because of your teeth, find someone who will.
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2009
fine.boy:

i used colgate toothpaste, this is not a toothpaste issue so u better know that.

toothpaste can't change this color.
Is that an attitude? undecided
You must have skipped where I said try making up your imperfection by being NICE undecided.

Anywaz, actually toothpaste can help. You see, if you keep saying "Toothpaste won't help this teeth" and refusing to brush, your teeth will continue to discolour and eventually decay.

Look up any shop in Najia if they have crest white strips. That should also help.
[img]http://evasitoe.files./2008/03/crest-whitestrips-pre-p.jpg[/img]
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2009
Georgina babe how far
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by fineboy5: 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2009
spikedcylinder  dont u think u are too harsh?

debosky no, but in the morning if i wake up. after brushing no no.
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by debosky(m): 8:28pm On Jul 05, 2009
fine.boy:

spikedcylinder  dont u think u are too harsh?

debosky no, but in the morning if i wake up. after brushing no no.
That is normal for most people - I don't think you should be worried about your teeth - try to get the whitening strips if you can, but if the staining is from antibiotics, it probably won't make much of an impact.
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by spikedcylinder: 8:33pm On Jul 05, 2009
Fine.boy (!), don't you think you are too silly?
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by Sauron1: 8:33pm On Jul 05, 2009
fine.boy:

This teeths has been there since childhood.

And I’m getting worried. I personally don’t consider teeth whiting if it will work,
It can only clean it but not to a white shade becos no white background even if u brake the ground the teeth the all colored is same,

Is tetracycline teeth genetics antibiotics

Only veneer /crown will work this, but very costly in the western country 2000 USD for each teeth.

Be SMART!!!
Go and get your teeth BLEACHED!!
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by Czarskit(m): 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2009
~ Damn! ~ See Teeth! ~ Chai ~ Kai ~
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by SPYRO(m): 9:52pm On Jul 05, 2009
fineboy,i dont really know how to start dis cos u have had enough advice and is left for u to decide on wat to do.if dat picture is really dos of your,i suggest u leave by it and face d future ahead of you cos i blive trying to make vit white wil b too too much expensive 4u or else u wouldnt have seek for advice before doing it.
Wen ur own true love will come noting will stop her from loving u.U hav much to do by coming out of ur shell,be urself and let faith decides d rest for you.
Remember,d blind,deaf and lame do marry normal partner,so wat den is wrong with d colour of teeth,my guy face ur future to excel in life and u nid will b all urs thru christ.
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by SeanT21(f): 10:19pm On Jul 05, 2009
Poster,Go to the dentist and wash your teeth.

After the washing follow these tips

1. Stay away from soft drink.

2. Stay away From Gums/Candy.Sweets in general.

3. Brush your teeth 2 times a day.

4. Floss every night.

5. Get some mouthwatch and rinse every night.
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by chiogo(f): 11:52pm On Jul 05, 2009
Na wa oo, odikwa serious.

@poster, you can start by brushing your teeth twice a day - in the morning when you wake up and at night before you go to bed. you can add another in the midday if it's that bad.

Whitening and all that should be expensive in naija, heck it's expensive in the U.S.

I personally hate going to the dentist sheesh!! I just hate the needles they use to make your jaw numb, hurts like hell. I dunno if whitening hurts but if you have the money, go for it. In the meantime, brush your teeth regularly, try Colgate tooth paste.
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 06, 2009
@ fine.boy: I'm going to be pretty blunt, and tell you how it is, as I see it. I'm not going to beat around the bush, and merely tell you what you want to hear.

If your teeth are anything like in that picture you posted up, then they're in early to mid stage of decay. Those teeth are not just discolored, they're almost transparent, because the enamel's damaged.

It takes a lot for healthy enamel to get to that stage, and I'm afraid to say, it's due to poor dental hygiene and / or poor eating habits. The main culprits are carbonated drinks, and orange juice - citric acid plays hell with enamel.

You're very right to be concerned, you need to seek help and advice from a dentist. Tooth decay can't be repaired, but it can be halted. Those teeth you posted look pretty thin, they're likely to chip / crack easily. The only way those choppers would look remotely healthy, would be via veneer caps, but very expensive.

You need to look after your choppers, else you'll lose them, and be careful of what you eat and / or drink.
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by oyinda3(f): 2:28am On Jul 06, 2009
most toothpaste WON'T help for anything beside basic cleaning. see ur dentist to bleach ur teeth or something. maybe they're decaying like siena said. and quit smoking or coffee drinking if u do.
in any case, treat ur teeth more nicely than before.
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by TheSeeker(m): 4:33am On Jul 06, 2009
Put a smile on your face, no matter the condition! Show her your 32 ooooo!
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by edogram1(m): 5:51am On Jul 06, 2009
so sad.
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by na2day2(m): 6:04am On Jul 06, 2009
fine.boy:

My teeth is discolored (pure yellow/grey) i can’t toast or friend a girl.

I am a handsome and well dress guy with full lips.

Actually I cannot consider myself smiling or laughing in pubic. I don’t do that.

There is the girl I am toasting and we are just starting,   but I don’t know how I can move on with this my teeth. It’s embarrassing. Even if she accepts how I will be confidence to move this on, I mean kissing or smiling maybe laughing.

She mention something like this on the phone, “I love you, kisses for you.” I was like melting and some days ago she said she dream kissing and romancing with me.

i dont think she have notices my teeth yet.  becos We haldly see but talk much on the phone I even toast her on the phone.

Girl will u date a handsome guy with bad teeth?

This is really my bad luck in life.

my guy, just use charcoal (not from burnt wood but the actual coal from the ground) mixed with salt, grind it well well and scrub ur teeth, works like magic, abi u no go primary school? all these children of nowanights sef, una no get survival skills at all
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 06, 2009
edogram.:

so sad.

Charcoal and salt are abrasive, and abrasion for tooth enamel's a bad idea.

Besides damaging the enamel, by wearing it down, a scratched surfafe is harder to keep clean, the tiny scratches retain stains that a regular brushing won't shift. And don't forget, tarter is hard to remove from smooth enamel, virtually impossible to remove at home if the enamel they're clinging to is rough!
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by na2day2(m): 9:36am On Jul 06, 2009
Siena:

Charcoal and salt are abrasive, and abrasion for tooth enamel's a bad idea.

Besides damaging the enamel, by wearing it down, a scratched surfafe is harder to keep clean, the tiny scratches retain stains that a regular brushing won't shift. And don't forget, tarter is hard to remove from smooth enamel, virtually impossible to remove at home if the enamel they're clinging to is rough!

una too dey think, the guy wan kiss girl, hin want white teeth to kiss the girl, i get 2 solution 4 am, one na acid, the other na charcoal and salt, na hin i offer am option two, if that one no work we go try option one grin grin grin grin
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by xoxoxo(f): 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2009
Hello poster

Break a piece of stick from a tree and chew on it. I see lots of Afrikan doing it. An afrikan guy told me that the stick has floride in it, so you have to find a tree with floride in it.
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by tine(f): 4:18pm On Jul 09, 2009
@poster,

I understand exactly what you mean. anyone that's not been there wont understand.
I had discolored teeth since child hood, and it was hell growing up.
Say whatever you like about self esteem the truth is our growing up years do affect how we see ourselfs as grown ups.
I tried ignoring it but it didnt work so I got caps.

I did it in Nija.

There is a good dentist in Zankli med centre in Abuja o has an office in Ceddi plaza.

Go see them they might be able to help.

They are a bit pricey but you could start with a few at a time.

good luck.
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by Phemour: 8:23pm On Jul 09, 2009
smiley
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by agathamari(f): 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2009
rinse your mouth 3 times a day with peroxide. make a paste out of perodide and baking soda and use it to brush your teeth. the rind (white part) of the orange, rub it on your teeth. all easy way to whiten your teeth though it will take time
Re: My Teeth Is Discolored (pure Yellow/grey) I Can’t Toast Or Friend A Girl. Help by PERVERT9: 7:51pm On Jul 11, 2009
eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,sorry o broda yo lokan eyin la koko ri

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naija Men And Ugly White Babes!why? / Beautiful Nun Sister Goes Wild After Getting Banged For The First Time / Man Dies In My Shop After Loosing 49 Million PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.