Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,524 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash (15680 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / How Do You Have An Affair And Not Get Caught? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by nddy(m): 3:40am On Nov 11, 2005
i think his cheating is a sign that he doesnt want the woman again
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Oracle(m): 3:53am On Nov 11, 2005
yeah it is
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by aloib(f): 7:13am On Nov 11, 2005
abeg i`ll jst say she shuld follow her heart. if she really loves lanre u can continue wiv it. men i dont think its easy to just break a marriage like that. see every guy is bond to ave extra marital affairs, talk to him , know why he is doing all those, make him realize it doesnt worth it. if he doesnt love u again, then u can break up. but if he still loves u i think there are better ways u can solve this out wiv him.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by sugar(f): 7:19am On Nov 11, 2005
@ toyin4ever

ur just a typical man 2suggest dat its all da woman's fault for her husband's extra marital affair. y didnt he talk 2his wife if he felt unhappy? give her a chance to work on watever da prob is...and besides there a some men dat r just dogs, she might ve been / still is a good wife. I'd tell her to 4get him jo! he is a lost cause (2 devious). life's 2short 2spend ur days being unhappy over a foolish man  grin
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by dolly(f): 7:58am On Nov 11, 2005
It all depends on the kind of feelings you have have for so called husband ,if u really really care about him just chill and i tell u this his affair with moni will turn out to be a tug of war between the two of them but if u think you have had enough of him or u don't care that much i will advise you go for someone else that will love and care for you the way you ve never been cared for.So the choice is yours.But if  i am in your shoes,i will go for someone else so far we don't have kids yet.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Dayo777(m): 8:06am On Nov 11, 2005
Hmmmnnnnn...this is an important lesson to all Men, yet Women shoul learn too that sometimes, its good not to keep quiet.Given our African culture of one Man ,many wives, you will not blame lanre for keeping another woman...more so, that he let you know about it is a sign,' that he had some money to throw about and he still is the man of the house'!, well i guess he must be born again by now!!!. if not, then my first advice is that you start fervent praying and fasting that God may save him from the spell of moni!although he has her to thank for excaping death, but he may not be so lucky another day!.haven said that, the second advice will be to totally submit yourself to patience and endurance to be able to find out the main reason he wants another woman!, if you discover that you cannot give him what he wants any further, then you should know he will proceed to take another wife! will you wait till then? if you do, its all your choice!.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by xyben: 8:12am On Nov 11, 2005
First I think you should thank God that he is not dead. You would have taken him to the grave (and maybe heaven), but you would never know what the real problem is.

Don't feel guilty about his relationship and try to find out what it is that he is searching for. Likely he doesn't want to break up with you, but only something is missing in your relationship that has been there before. Ask him what his dreams are and try to get together again.

Moni is a symptom, not the problem. Good luck!
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Dayo777(m): 8:22am On Nov 11, 2005
I dont think she is the symptom! she is a catalyst working towards the breakdown of a marriage and she knows exactly what and why she is doing it !, ofcourse, Lanre would have told her: Dont worry she will soon give way!:, poor woman!!!!
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by legs(f): 8:25am On Nov 11, 2005
dablessed where have you have you been smiley?

Meanwhile thanks for clearing the confusion I tire for d people wey dey ask me about husband for this thread.

I just thot it was an interesting read so I decided to share it.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by aloib(f): 8:27am On Nov 11, 2005
smiley
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Dayo777(m): 8:35am On Nov 11, 2005
no quarells i guess!,
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by asanga(m): 8:55am On Nov 11, 2005
If he had died in the plane crash would you have loved that,common let bygones be bygones your husband survived the crash because he had a crush for someone else he could have been anywhere forgive him and thank God for him still being alive.

asanga himself
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by aloib(f): 9:00am On Nov 11, 2005
asanga:

If he had died in the plane crash would you have loved that,common let bygones be bygones your husband survived the crash because he had a crush for someone else he could have been anywhere forgive him and thank God for him still being alive.

asanga himself

exactly!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by star(f): 9:24am On Nov 11, 2005
The types of Moni don't last. The guy is just suffering from  - 'over infatuation'. I believe he will get over Monie sooner than ya all think. I suggest you just stay put and pretend like nothing is happening. I believe the fights and quarells push him to Moni's arms. If you snub him, he will wonder whats up your sleeves even when he knows that you know-- remember he is an African and can get married to two women (though its not common these days). get focused on taking care of your kids if you have. No where and no one is perfect. every marriage has its ups and downs. What if you leave, get into another relationship and the new husband (guy) comes up with his own problem-- in another way. Will you walk out and look out for another marriage or relationship? then you will be called the 'people's wife'.. what do you think.. Just pray that the Moni has not bewitched your husband (if that works) and also that your husband does not contact any STD from her..cause she might be sleeping with someone else too. I tell you the so called moni has a single relationship which your husband will soon find out... so stay put, pray, be silent and time will tell...
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Dayo777(m): 9:27am On Nov 11, 2005
Na true talk be dat! but that is still not a good reason to remain with Moni sha!
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by aloib(f): 9:35am On Nov 11, 2005
star:

The types of Moni don't last. The guy is just suffering from - 'over infatuation'. I believe he will get over Monie sooner than ya all think. I suggest you just stay put and pretend like nothing is happening. I believe the fights and quarells push him to Moni's arms. If you snub him, he will wonder whats up your sleeves even when he knows that you know-- remember he is an African and can get married to two women (though its not common these days). get focused on taking care of your kids if you have. No where and no one is perfect. every marriage has its ups and downs. What if you leave, get into another relationship and the new husband (guy) comes up with his own problem-- in another way. Will you walk out and look out for another marriage or relationship? then you will be called the 'people's wife'.. what do you think.. Just pray that the Moni has not bewitched your husband (if that works) and also that your husband does not contact any STD from her..cause she might be sleeping with someone else too. I tell you the so called moni has a single relationship which your husband will soon find out... so stay put, pray, be silent and time will tell...

thats the best.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by whocares: 9:53am On Nov 11, 2005
Lanre is alive, because he no longer loves his wife and has chosen to be with Moni...He would be dead otherwise

Baby girl, you need to see the writing on the wall.
You cannot have a husband for husband sake
A man needs to love, honour and respect his wife and Lanre obviously doesn't
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Dayo777(m): 10:10am On Nov 11, 2005
Whocares!, marriage entails alot of things. more often than not, many people go into marriage and discover that their wives are not half what they expected. expecially when sex did not transpired between a super sex man and a learner!, so the wife should search herself first you know!, forgive me ,but i think she should have a minus that has driven Lanre to Moni, lets think here.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Oiza(f): 10:21am On Nov 11, 2005
Hi, I am new here although I've been lurking for a while....registered because of Moni and Lanre...

That wife is clearly a masochist. How does a woman in her right senses fight with her husband, year in, year out because of the same woman To the extent that his life is "spared" by said woman Get real, people...She was in the process of loosing her dignity, her peace of mind, her sanity, her joy, her happiness, her mental stability because of this animal...and she should keep him?? What on earth for

Shebi he has died?? He should remain dead. In fact, I wonder why the beast came back. He should have stayed with Moni and let the world continue to think he was dead. The wife and children would have mourned and life would have gone. Lanre would have had his beloved Moni until she became to fat or too ugly or too naggy...then he would have engineered another crash to die...
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Dayo777(m): 10:41am On Nov 11, 2005
Oiza true talk!
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Dayo777(m): 10:53am On Nov 11, 2005
Well a friend of mine just said , you should just send flowers to Moni and invite her home1 perhaps you all will be happy together.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by imb26(f): 12:01pm On Nov 11, 2005
I honestly can not comprehend the responses given, which basically condones Lanres' behavior.
It is very obvious he no longer loves or respects his wife because if he did we will not be having this conversation in the first place. I say he no longer loves his wife for obvious reasons and there is no more respect because if he was stupid enough to do what he did, letting his wife find out shows lack of respect and as we all know women always find out so don't do it in the first place if you want to stay married.
From this I know without a shadow of doubt that Lanre has no interest in this marriage, and if I was in your situation the unfortunate man would have felt better dying in that plane crash because i would have killed him a long time ago and it would not have been quick, believe that. wink
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Oiza(f): 12:58pm On Nov 11, 2005
Don't mind them, jare...They are just wicked people.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by DELFUNK: 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2005
here is my 2pennies worth,
The said wifey needs to have a sit-down with the so-called husband and in a very calm manner( i know a lot of u women folk, get worked up, way too easy) ask him, what or where she has gone wrong in the marriage, that has led to him having a mistress.

depending on what answer she gets from Lanre, see if they could both work it out, it's a marriage and its untill death do them apart.

Although, lanre confessing that he has a mistress and promising not to go back to her, yet continues with the illicit affair tells me the man has no respect for her.  Tells me that lanre does not belong in a marriage.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by toksie(f): 1:12pm On Nov 11, 2005
hello legs, firstly would like to congratulate you on ur husband's near death experience PHEW. Do u believe in God? i am not asking what ur religion is, whatever u are i am sure we serve and worship one God. i dont want you for one minute to think that moni saved your husband because thats not TRUE it was just coincidental do u understand, please lets not make excuses for lanre's infidelity it was wrong but he will soon understand it trust me. not all men cheat but it is their second nature WHY? because they are men and in Africa, it is a man's world.
have you got kids, are u working? if the answer to these questions is a yes

then legs what i think you should do is concentrate on work (cos that should be a woman's second husband and once you have that no man can take u for a run around) get a bit of pampering like manicures, pedicures, have your hair done. if you have friends (married ones not single ones) hang out with them if they have kids like yours (i am assuming that you have kids) you can organise a day for swimming or take them to the beach, what i am trying to say is dedicate your time to having fun!!!!!! but while you are doing this DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT neglect ur wifely duties (e.g cooking, cleaning, and love making) that way lanre will rediscover the reason he fell in love with and married you in the first place. try not to nag him please, do not follow him when he is on the phone leave him let him be he will soon tire of the whole thing. please pray hard as well and i know that God would show himself in ur life definitely.

As for Moni, hmmm leave her if that is her line of work goodluck to her. there is a saying in Yoruba that goes "pashan ti wo fi na iyale, o be lori oke ti wo ma fi na iyawo" which just means that she will be cheated on as well.

Goodluck to u.  cheesy

p.s
if there is anything offensive in this please forgive me
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by imb26(f): 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2005
Maybe Killing him is going a bit too far, but staying is not only accepting the situation but also shows lack of self respect.
living outside wedlock is not a crime,and believe me there is someone out there that will treat you the way you deserve to be treated.
For him to go as far as he has gone to be with her should tell you that fighting for him makes no sense because he is gone.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by mckaycee(m): 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2005
A very captivating and interesting story. I understand how painful it is to see the man you love being tantalized by another lady.
I think your friend should just start making plans on how to walk out of the marriage because:
1: His own wife saw him off to his death (though unknowingly), and
2: He was saved by  Moni when he needed a different night massage.
The problem now is, Whom will he be ever grateful to for saving his life.
I will advise her to stick around for a while and get some dough from the largesse being shared by bellview before leaving though.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by umorotutu(m): 2:43pm On Nov 11, 2005
Who ever wrote this story got it from the SEPTEMBER, 26th , 1992 AIR FORCE C_130 HERCULES CRASH IN EJIGBO and modified it to fit the BELVIEW crash.
Now to give my opinion on the matter; the starting point in any relationship where the man has a beautiful wife and is having a relationship with an ugly woman (according to our story teller), is the wife. She should ask her self the question WHAT AM I NOT DOING RIGHT ' and she should answer the question sincerely to herself. There is no need blaming the other woman or man. In any relationship where both partners are doing everything right, there is always satisfaction hence, no infidelity.
If in this case MONI is feeling a GAP in that marriage. The wife should be grateful to MONI not only because she saved her husband's life but also for covering the GAP in this marriage. Infact, if nothing else, she is still sustaining the marriage. If MONI was not there to fill the GAP, the man would have left the woman long ago.
In actual fact, the man still loves the woman that is why he plays only away match and with only one team, MONI RANGERS.
To conclude, in the original story of the C- 130 crash: the ARMY OFFICER involved married the woman that made him miss the plane and his no. 1 wife became the best lady in the marriage and they are still living happily together till this day.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Seye(m): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2005
I have a different angle to this story. Her husband wasn't meant to be in Abuja in the first place. He only bought the ticket to deceive or distract his wife. So we cannot say Moni saved his life, because Moni in the real sense is not in Abuja. The writer should as a matter of fact give the husband double trouble till he decides against dating Moni.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by lucy: 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2005
just want to say that your husband shld be made to realise that he has been given a new lease in life and he shld repent now or else may nerver get a second chance.
as for you, thank God for his life, look for Moni and have a talk with her too. this escape still does not justify their rship!
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Chigszy(f): 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2005
from one woman to another leave him!! i will not even think twice if i were you.... he is your husband he is supposed to love just his wife not another woman... (well other than his mother n sisters).... he sees that you are really hurt and every time he appologies and yet he does the same thing, that is unacceptable. He is not worth all the tears and heart ache and all that stress... leave him and dont regret making that decision for a second i know i would not !!!!!!!!!
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by TWINS: 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2005
what her husband did was totally unacceptable. If I was in that situation, through his sturf out of the house. Any man cheating on his wife can kill her. I do not agree with the comment that a lot of ladies will rather their husbands be sleeping with Moni than dead in a plane crash. That does not make sense to me at all 'cos I wouldn't.

The fact that Lanre lied to his wife and pretended that he was travelling to Abuja should just proof to the wife that he is useless and not worth wasting her life with.

Men like Laren do not deserve a wife. Full stop!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Physical Attributes So Important? / I Need Answers From Married People Only! / ADVICE! What Can I Do To Help My Husband Financially

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.