Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,209 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House (29398 Views)

Look Trim And Fit! Lose 5kg Per Week(uk Certified Fitness Trainers) / Look Trim And Fit! Lose 5kg Per Week(us Certified Fitness Trainer) / Look Trim And Fit! Lose 5kg Per Week(Uk Certified Fitness Trainer) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Aladunni(f): 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2010
Oh romeo, romeo you dont how much uve encouraged me 2nyt. I know instructors can be hard atimes lol. What i get every morning is an amused sweetheart, dont know why maybe its a way i make my face while exercising in d morning, still puzzled wit dat tho, anyways thanks once again.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2010
Romeo4real:

@size 12 - Not sure where you heard this one, but i know of no mechanism by which beans causes weight loss. Don't know how you eat the beans, but do be careful there is not too much oil used.

i just thought that protein encourages metabolism in the body undecided
i dont really like beans that much (except baked beans). however, i will cook it henceforth with little or no oil

Romeo4real:

@size 12 - Not sure where you heard this one, but i know of no mechanism by which beans causes weight loss. Don't know how you eat the beans, but do be careful there is not too much oil used.

From what i can gather in your previous posts, you do 20min walking/morning, 20mins walking/evening? This is certainly not enough - 20mins walking is not enough cardio to stimulate fat loss, and any leisure walking whilst shopping or anything does not really count.
Increase your walks to minimum 30mins each (this is a minimum). Ideally it should be 40mins -1hr. DO make sure it is brisk and not leisurely. If you are able to hold a conversation properly, then you are not walking fast enough.

i walk to work which is about 20minutes from my place.
To exercise for 1 hour means i have to introduce jogging into my regime.
i have always wanted to do this but i cant seem to find comfortable running shoes. i tried two different ones and i didnt find them comfy for jogging. can you suggest any nice comfortable and affordable running shoe brand? thank you

Romeo4real:

Your "off" list is great!,

thank you. its been tough to be honest. but so far, i have stuck to the 'off' list. smiley

Romeo4real:

but your daily meal plan needs tweaking. Eat 3 meals a day. The servings for your breakfast and dinner seems fine. If you want, eat fruits for lunch. Bananas are fine - when having them as a meal on their own. Have 2 (medium size), if smaller, have 3. Remember, anything you eat is a meal. 30(small) strawberries is not too much. Do NOT starve yourself - it is counterproductive.

i have listened to your advice and i have started having lunch which is strictly fruits.

thanks again smiley
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2010
Romeo4real:

@Size 12 -

Yam is fine. 2-3 medium slices is ok. For other portion sizes, see my reply to Aladunnis's post on portion sizes on the other thread. You can eat as much fruits/vegetables as you want, but avoid Bananas, Pears, Dates or any high calorie fruit - unless you are eating them on their own as a meal. It is better to keep you meal sizes small, and if you are still hungry, eat the fruits with the meal

Okay. Is it okay to 'snack' on fruits between meals?

For example, i have been aiming to always eat dinner before 7pm. since i am trying to lose my belly fat.

i had dinner last night around 6pm or so and i didnt go to bed till about midnight. i was hungryyy between 8pm and midnight and i resisted all urge to eat anything. (old me would have had a lovely cup of ice cream with biscuits or had a second helping of food) grin grin grin

should i find myself in such situation again, is it okay to snack on fruits or greens or should i just drink water and tea as i did  last night till i fell asleep?  undecided

Romeo4real:

If you can commit to brisk exercise for 1 hr at least 5days a week, with 3 meals a day, you can loose approx 3kg every 3-4wks. You may have to increase the intensity of the exercise to maintain this rate.

okay. as you as you recommend comfy running shoes for me, i will introduce jogging to my regime.

at this rate, how long will it take for me to drop at least a dress size?

what about my tummy? will that reduce too?

Romeo4real:

Nothing sad about this. I hear the Ardyss brand is good, and quite comfortable. They are expensive though.
Drink lots of water. At least 2 litres a day.

i drink lots of water.

i saw clips of ardyss on youtube. i was almost close to getting one. the problem with it is that you wear it over the bum (it reduces the bum and my bum needs no support underwear) and it also lifts up the bosoms (my bosom does not need this either). another problem is that it seems to be visible underneath trousers and my work trousers are fitted and last thing i want is ''visible'' lines of ''knickers'' showing beneath my clothing.

the support underwear are the ''singlet type''. so the tummy area is made of spandex which holds my tummy in.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 17, 2010
romeo,

i have been peeing a lot lately. about once or twice every hour. is this normal 

i am also introducing spinach, carrots, cole slaw, etc to my diet .ie. salads.
i know that salad cream and mayonaisse is a NO-NO.

But greens do not taste nice without some dressing on them. is it okay to put vinegar on them or some other sauce or should i just endure and eat them as they are  undecided

i do not like wheat bread cos i do not like the way it tastes.  but i am replacing white bread with wheat bread in my diet. any tips on what i can ''put on'' the wheat bread to make it a little tastier  undecided

thanks for all your tips and posts.  smiley
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Ejadamen(f): 10:17pm On Aug 17, 2010
size12:

romeo,

i am also introducing spinach, carrots, cole slaw, etc to my diet .ie. salads.
i know that salad cream and mayonaisse is a NO-NO.

But greens do not taste nice without some dressing on them. is it okay to put vinegar on them or some other sauce [/b]or should i just endure and eat them as they are  undecided

i do not like wheat bread cos i do not like the way it tastes.  but i am replacing white bread with wheat bread in my diet. [b]any tips on what i can ''put on'' the wheat bread to make it a little tastier  undecided

thanks for all your tips and posts.  smiley
Olive oil is the recommended healthy dressing,about a tablespoon or two depending on the quantity of your salad.

In my experience,wheat bread tastes better on its own but you can try other stuff. I tried it with peanut butter(yuck!),margarine(ew!), toasted with egg(manageable). So you can try stuff and see what your taste buds like.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Romeo4real(m): 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2010
@size12 -

i just thought that protein encourages metabolism in the body
No it doesn't. Complex carbs/vegetables promote a high metabolic rate, as it takes more energy to digest and metabolise them.

i walk to work which is about 20minutes from my place.To exercise for 1 hour means i have to introduce jogging into my regime.
Keep doing your morning walk, but as you do not want to arrive at the office too sweaty, i would advise you put aside 40mins - 1hr in the evenings for a proper "power" walk.

i have always wanted to do this but i cant seem to find comfortable running shoes. i tried two different ones and i didn't find them comfy for jogging. can you suggest any nice comfortable and affordable running shoe brand? thank you
I do not advise jogging as its strictly not necessary and promotes injury. A power walk suffices for weight loss purposes. Moreover, proper jogging shoes need to be fitted individually.

Okay. Is it okay to 'snack' on fruits between meals?
It is fine to snack on fruits between meals - as long as you stay away from any high calorie fruits.

should i find myself in such situation again, is it okay to snack on fruits or greens or should i just drink water and tea as i did last night till i fell asleep?
Ive always disagreed with this "stop eating after 6 or 7pm" biz. What should determine when you stop eating should be when you go to bed - otherwise you just end up starving in the middle of the night or in the morning. This makes you eat more. If eating late, make sure the food is light - fruits and veg are ideal for this. If you want to eat something heavier, just make sure not to go to bed for at least 3hrs after the meal.

at this rate, how long will it take for me to drop at least a dress size?
This is relative, so my answer is just a guesstimate. With hard work and proper eating, you can do this in 8 - 12wks.

what about my tummy? will that reduce too?
It will reduces as well. Make sure you keep doing your sit-ups and leg raises. Try to do at least 100 3 times a week(300/week).

i saw clips of ardyss on youtube. i was almost close to getting one. the problem with it is that you wear it over the bum (it reduces the bum and my bum needs no support underwear) and it also lifts up the bosoms (my bosom does not need this either). another problem is that it seems to be visible underneath trousers and my work trousers are fitted and last thing i want is ''visible'' lines of ''knickers'' showing beneath my clothing.
LOL, and more LOL! I do understand, especially with the visible lines. Use whatever you are comfortable with.

When did this start? Have you changed anything in your diet? Are you drinking more water? Are you on any medication?

i am also introducing spinach, carrots, cole slaw, etc to my diet .ie. salads.i know that salad cream and mayonaisse is a NO-NO.
Quite right. No Mayo. Olive oil is OK - as long as its used judiciously. Vinegar is also OK.

i do not like wheat bread cos i do not like the way it tastes. but i am replacing white bread with wheat bread in my diet. any tips on what i can ''put on'' the wheat bread to make it a little tastier
I understand. Best to make homemade spreads or fillings and use as you wish. I use Tuna, Mackerel, sometimes Chicken. You can blend all these slightly to make a nice even spread. Use with lettuce or other greens.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 18, 2010
romeo, what you take on the use of Chromium picolinate as a weight loss supplement? thanks.

i will respond later to the issues you raised in response to my previous posts
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Aladunni(f): 9:55am On Aug 19, 2010
@ romeo, noticed a pain on the right side of my neck this morning. I cant say where the pain emanated from but i noticed it during the sit up dis morning. I had to stop at a point and finished today's log with jogging on the spot.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Romeo4real(m): 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2010
@size12 -

There is no substantial evidence to suggest that Chromium Picolinate plays any role in muscle gain or fat loss. It does however have an effect on insulin function and metabolising glucose, thereby helps in regulating blood sugar levels.

The fat loss claims may also stem from its effects in suppressing appetites and helping food cravings. You can continue to use it, if you wish. I have used it before and saw no benefit from it.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Romeo4real(m): 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2010
@Aladunni -

Is the pain still there? You may simply have just slept the "wrong" way, or not utilised  the pillow properly. This pain should disappear soon.
I sent my email add on the other thread.

No exercise this morning and i dont know why i had to pay for that, cos my body pained me a lot today at work, @ romeo was it becos i rested today?
Funny enough, it is. When you exercise, the body produces endorphins, which are natural "feel good" chemical, but also act as painkillers. By not training, you did not produce any endorphins, so you are feeling the pain of the previous sessions.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Aladunni(f): 2:51pm On Aug 20, 2010
Thanks brov, you are just more than correct, the pain is gone today, i actually did a lil resistance moves yesternight b4 going to bed. I have sent you a mail.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Aladunni(f): 4:24pm On Aug 20, 2010
Thanks i saw the reply. I am very grateful to you
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Romeo4real(m): 7:41pm On Aug 20, 2010
@Eja -

I didn't know about the fish thing,why?
Oily fish contain high levels of Vitamin A - the Retinol type (found in animal sources),and not the Carotene type (found in plant sources like carrots). Whilst this is generally good for you, excessive intake of the Retinol type of Vitamin A is known to cause deformities in foetuses and and induce premature birth. Oily fishes also tend to accumulate pollutants and toxins such as Mercury, Lead and various dioxins much more than white fish. For these reasons, its best to stay away from oily fish during pregnancy. You can still have other types of fish and eat carrots.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Amypriti(f): 8:01am On Aug 21, 2010
Gudmorning,pls i nd help in weight-gaining.pls i'm very slim and my frndz neglect me because of ma condition. Pls give me tips on what to do and what to eat for me 2 get my deseired shape.pls,
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Ejadamen(f): 11:53am On Aug 21, 2010
Thanks Romeo smiley
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Romeo4real(m): 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2010
@Amypriti -

What is your "desired" shape? What is your current weight/height? What is your ideal weight? Do you exercise? Without these details, it is difficult to give precise advice.
At a minimum, you should eat 3 normal sized meals a day. This must be consistent. The meals should contain Carbs, Protein and some Fat.
Most of your calories should however come from complex carbs - Rice, Potatoes, Yam, Pasta, and other solids. Your protein can come from fish, meat,eggs, etc.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Aladunni(f): 9:03pm On Aug 23, 2010
@ romeo, please what is the meaning of these pains? its very uncomfortable and i hope this is normal.

Today should have been my resting day for exercise but i couldnt because i woke up with the pains, especially my thighs. Infact it affected my routine activities in the office today.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Aladunni(f): 7:47am On Aug 24, 2010
^^^ i also need to add that today is the fourth day ave been to the toilet. Is anything wrong with what ave been eating? Pls check and tell o romeo, lol. Thanks for the reply.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Romeo4real(m): 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2010
romeo, please what is the meaning of these pains? its very uncomfortable and i hope this is normal.
It is normal, and it will pass. Just make sure you do not stop. You are using muscle groups in ways you have not done before. This will cause some discomfort until the muscles get used to the exercise. Trust me, there will come a time when you will look forward to this "discomfort", as it mean that your are doing something right.

i also need to add that today is the fourth day ave been to the toilet. Is anything wrong with what ave been eating?
Its probably the supplements you have been taking. You may be reacting to something in there, or something else your may have eaten. It will pass, but make sure you drink lots of water to replace any lost fluids.

PS: Make sure to stretch before nd after any exercise.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by mollyben: 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2010
hi everone,i need to shed weight.i weigh a whooping 112kg.though am smart,i know its unhealthy.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Romeo4real(m): 7:31pm On Aug 24, 2010
Hello Mollyben. What is your exercise and meal plan to lose the weight?
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by mollyben: 10:32pm On Aug 24, 2010
For now ,am on no plan. As at last month, i was, and it worked.Somehow,i just lost all the motivation, and now i think i eat like crazy.soetimes,i hope am not a food addict (too strong a word?).
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 25, 2010
hello romeo,

please what is your take on chicken gizzard?

is it healthy? i tried it yesterday (boiled) and i really liked it. am thinking of adding that to my diet. although it wont replace boiled fish which i eat a lot.

i still pee alot. i am not on any medication apart from the daily acai berry and occassional use of 200ug chromium policinate(one tab daily)
i drink lots of water, i have changed my diet (as seen in my logs). i have stopped drinking green tea thinking that was the problem. but even with that, i still pee alot. sometimes 3 times in an hour.

can you please give me website links where i can see how to do the crunches and ''squats'' you have been discussing with aladunni.

thank you. smiley
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Romeo4real(m): 8:58am On Aug 25, 2010
@Mollyben -
Well,lets put it this way - if you want to eat like crazy, then you'll have to start exercising even crazier. The calories you expend have to exceed the calories you ingest for any weight loss to occur.
The only serious way to do this is to reduce the amount of food you eat, replace with healthy food, and implement an exercise plan.
You should not be eating more than 3 times a day. If snacking, it should consisit of fruits and vegetables (raw, steamed), and you should be execising for 1hr a minimum 3 times a week.

All this must be implemented in a consistent manner, otherwise the whole venture will be a waste of time.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Ejadamen(f): 10:32am On Aug 25, 2010
Romeo can I drink lipton tea? I've been told it's not good for me to drink it right now because of caffeine but can I drink it say twice a week. I'm looking for an alternative to milk.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Romeo4real(m): 8:18pm On Aug 25, 2010
Size12 -

Chicken gizzard is fine, and quite healthy. It is predominantly made up of muscle and has no fat (sometimes on the outside, which can be cut away)

i still pee alot. i am not on any medication apart from the daily acai berry and occasional use of 200ug chromium policinate(one tab daily)
It may be because your have upped your water intake. Have you reduced your exercises? Is the weather cooler than before where you are? Is this more frequent at night? Are you feeling more tired/lethargic than normal? For the moment, just keep drinking the water.

Below are links regarding Squats and Lunges. Together, these 2 form the corner stone of resistance exercises in a weight loss program. Though they primarily target the legs and butt area, they put major cardiovascular demands on the body in the process. The idea is to do many reps - min 20/set.

http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/l/bllowerbody2.htm
http://exercise.about.com/od/exerciseworkouts/ss/howtosquat.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRnGI3c5Jjs - Video

Below is also another link for all manner of exercises generally. You can search based on what your are looking for.
http://exercise.about.com/
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Romeo4real(m): 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2010
@Eja -

Of course lipton is fine. Though tea contains caffeine, twice a week would not do you any harm. A cup a day would still be fine.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Ejadamen(f): 9:49am On Aug 26, 2010
hmmm
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Aladunni(f): 5:04pm On Aug 26, 2010
@ romeo

Can i learn more about YOGA? Sorry i already asked the question in the other thread.

Actually, i love the name first then the nature of what i normally see with Gabrielle in "Desperate Housewives" grin grin grin.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Romeo4real(m): 11:35am On Aug 27, 2010
Can i learn more about YOGA? Sorry i already asked the question in the other thread
Its ok! Yoga is a collection of traditional physical and mental disciplines originating in India with its roots in the Hindu practices. It consists mainly of isometric exercises (static) which are designed to strengthen core muscles, and improve posture and flexibility. It is a lot more difficult than it looks. Also Yoga teaches breathing techniques and meditation to aid relaxation and reduce stress. The isometric exercises work in tandem with the breathing exercises.

Yoga is well known to improve general well being, and has been proven to be extremely beneficial in reducing stress, inflammation, boosting the immune system, and improving conditions such as asthma, cardiovascular disease and depression. You need to have a practitioner or teacher though. Its not something you can learn or teach yourself effectively.
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2010
Hi Romeo,
Great job you are doing here. I have a couple of questions for you.

I look alot slimmer than I was last year even though my weight has been nearly constant for over a year(I know because I do not fit into most of my clothes and people say so too). I do not have any exercise routine apart from walking to and fro school everyday(about 40mins) and been very mindful of what I eat.
I'm currrently about 1.67m tall and my weight is 67kg.

Is it possible to look emaciated without losing weight?
Do you think my current weight and height are ideal?
I would like to lose some weight(like 5kg) because I wouldn't want to get so big when the babies start coming. What's your take?

What exercise/nutritional routine would you recommend that would make my lose weight without necessarily looking emaciated?

Thanks in advance
Re: Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House by Romeo4real(m): 11:29pm On Aug 28, 2010
@Crystal25 -

I look alot slimmer than I was last year even though my weight has been nearly constant for over a year(I know because I do not fit into most of my clothes and people say so too).
The best way to verify weight loss or gain is to weigh yourself. The way your clothes fit, or peoples comment are not reliable indicators. It is possible to for the fat distribution to change slightly on a person for various reasons. This can give the appearance of weight loss/gain. Even water retention whilst on your period has this effect.

I do not have any exercise routine apart from walking to and fro school everyday(about 40mins) and been very mindful of what I eat.
Well, this is a good start. Eat 3 healthy meals a day, with breakfast being crucial. The portions should be modertate/ fist sized. Cut out any unnecessary fat, sugar, or oil from your diet. This include fizzy drinks. Also eat lots of fruit and vegetables.
You can also include some resistance exercises into a home based routine - sit ups, push ups, squats, lunges etc.(do at least 3 sets of each with a min 10 reps/set). Do this 3 times a week. It should not take you more than 1 hr to complete. Work on increasing the reps/sets as you get fitter.

Is it possible to look emaciated without losing weight?
Not sure i understand the question. You cannot look "emaciated" given the body weight/height you gave me. It is possible to look slimmer; for the reasons already described above. Also, if your face is lean, or your collar bones are prominent, this can give the impression of being skinny than you really are. Again weigh yourself to know your true weight.

Do you think my current weight and height are ideal
This is relative. I would say you need to lose a bit of weight. Your BMI is 25.3, which is classed as being overweight.

I would like to lose some weight(like 5kg) because I wouldn't want to get so big when the babies start coming. What's your take?
I agree you should watch your weight now. Women tend to put on a lot of unnecessary weight during pregnancy, thereby creating problems for themselves after the baby.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How To Last Longer In Bed - For Men / Eating After 6pm Dangerous To Health - Experts / Sick Man Uses Standing Fan After Hospital Runs Out Of Oxygen In Benue. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.