Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike (25890 Views)

NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU / Federal Health Workers Under The Umbrella Of JOHESU Embark On Indefinite Trike / Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by DrPlato: 9:46am On Feb 18, 2016
The day JOHESU realise they cant compete with doctors, then i will start taking them serious. Imagine going on strike because doctors were paid and you were not paid.
No wonder most of their strikes were not yielding good fruits.
You better wake up and realise that you cant compete with doctors no matter how much u try.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by joyandfaith: 9:47am On Feb 18, 2016
the truth is that nothing good will come of the strike. union leaders need money to embezzle through strike levies.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by eightsin(m): 9:47am On Feb 18, 2016
Abeg..too early for battles... lets find a way to earn more forst before requesting for pay increment. Wait a min... this increment is long over due cause I saw since 2014.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Reference(m): 9:47am On Feb 18, 2016
Buhari had better send their Personel files to magu for economic 'check up' before hearing.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by murphyibiam15(m): 9:47am On Feb 18, 2016
DrAdonis:

These people going on strike are not medical doctors. Nurses who went to the university too are not part of them.

No sir, you are misinformed. A house officer (doctor) is on an equivalent of CONHESS 9 while med lab scientists and pharmacy interns are on CONHESS 8 Salary scale. And that is very fair if you ask me...Even Albert Einstein said the worst form of inequality is trying to make unequal things equal.
that is African mans mentality.....trying to make unequals equal...thats the highest form of fraud
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by alphamodel1(m): 9:48am On Feb 18, 2016
What is good for the gate man is good for the house help.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by TCD: 9:49am On Feb 18, 2016
apparently nobody cares now. the day doctors will declare strike the bee swarm will come out ranting doctors are selfish and greedy for going on strike for their welfare , do not care about patients, strike isn't the answer bla bla bla.

5 Likes

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 18, 2016
Which strike. I de office oh. No strike here.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Harwehroh1(f): 9:51am On Feb 18, 2016
Space booked
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by drered(m): 9:52am On Feb 18, 2016
otswag:
Here we go again. Another "JOHESU vs Medical Doctors" series of threads brewing. If its your right, use the law to defend your argument. Don't bring a lame excuse that because drs are paid this, u must be paid that. Plus, learn to stop painting drs in a bad image and misleading the public just to gain public sympathy for your cause.

What lame excuse? There has always been a ratio/relativity between the pay of MD'S and other members of the healthcare team. When there's an increase in one isn't it only logical that the relativity be maintained? Or the other members should just sit and watch the margin grow wider?

4 Likes

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 18, 2016
I am not a doctor nor a nurse but i know by experience that a patient's life is safer in the hands and care of nurses than all those lazy and quack doctors in all the teaching hospitals in nigeria. A lot of people have died and still dying because of carelessness of these doctors who cant even practice abroad because their licences will be seized and litigation by patients will send them to jail. Local champions

3 Likes

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 18, 2016
BREAKING NEWS
JOHESU STRIKE UPDATE
The meeting between FG representatives and JOHESU leaders which lasted several hours ended with FG requesting for 21days to sort out all the noted grievances.

The leaders who are yet to make any official commitment to Government whether to call off the impending strike or not will be meeting tomorrow morning to further reappraise the situation and take a position based on the prevailing circumstance.

Members across the federation are hereby requested to remain calm and stand-by for further directive on the way forward.

Thanks.
Adeyeye Adetunji Tam,
NPRO, AMLSN
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by drered(m): 9:57am On Feb 18, 2016
DrPlato:
The day JOHESU realise they cant compete with doctors, then i will start taking them serious. Imagine going on strike because doctors were paid and you were not paid.
No wonder most of their strikes were not yielding good fruits.
You better wake up and realise that you cant compete with doctors no matter how much u try.
Everybody's in competition with MD'S since yall are the next best thing after sliced bread.. If you don't get the reason for the agitation when it's so glaring then you'll never get it. Switch the situation and tell me MD'S won't go on strike..
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by AreaFada2: 9:57am On Feb 18, 2016
The matter is very simple.

It's like in slum areas, poor people kill fellow poor people. Whereas in rich areas, rich people patronise each other's business, get connections from each other and all get richer in the process.

Even medical salaries are not really that big in the beginning. Big bucks come with seniority and when running own private clinics alongside.

If health care got paid generally well, what seems like envy towards doctors won't be there.

The other matter is doctors are more involved in setting the pay agenda generally, whether it's Minister of health or other senior health officials who are often doctors. Hence the perception that all is tilted in doctors' favour.

Last time I argued on NL that allied healthcare people should get more recognition, someone accused me of being JOHESU. I didn't even know what it meant then. grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by GOODNESS2020: 9:59am On Feb 18, 2016
lolaed:
Idiots at it again

And you visit idiots for your treatment? The idiots may one day kill you for your idiocy.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by drered(m): 10:02am On Feb 18, 2016
DrAdonis:

These people going on strike are not medical doctors. Nurses who went to the university too are not part of them.

No sir, you are misinformed. A house officer (doctor) is on an equivalent of CONHESS 9 while med lab scientists and pharmacy interns are on CONHESS 8 Salary scale. And that is very fair if you ask me..

It's really funny that other health workers like lab scientists, pharmacists, porters, hospital cleaners, security etc come together and decide to go on strike because they are not receiving the same salaries and allowances as doctors.
Nigerians need to start behaving civil and Noble really. We can't be misbehaving in the name of unionism asking for equal salary with people who we had completely different training with...Even Albert Einstein said the worst form of inequality is trying to make unequal things equal.

These 'people' going on strike include registered nurses. It's OK to not be clear on certain issues but what is not OK is bringing it out here trying to misinform the public.. There is no time JOHESU has ever asked for equal salary with MD'S. Kindly furnish me with links if u insist otherwise..

3 Likes

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by omojeesu(m): 10:02am On Feb 18, 2016
Solution: Privatise their services!
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by omojeesu(m): 10:06am On Feb 18, 2016
When a patient comes to the hospital, he comes to see the doctor. The good example is as it operates in private hospitals. Let non doctors there say they want parity with doctors.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 18, 2016
drered:

What lame excuse? There has always been a ratio/relativity between the pay of MD'S and other members of the healthcare team. When there's an increase in one isn't it only logical that the relativity be maintained? Or the other members should just sit and watch the margin grow wider?

What is the justification for the relativity?
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 18, 2016
razortruth:
I am not a doctor nor a nurse but i know by experience that a patient's life is safer in the hands and care of nurses than all those lazy and quack doctors in all the teaching hospitals in nigeria. A lot of people have died and still dying because of carelessness of these doctors who cant even practice abroad because their licences will be seized and litigation by patients will send them to jail. Local champions

No, they can practise abroad but they dare not try the nonsense they try here.

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Ebimablog: 10:09am On Feb 18, 2016
No ,privatise the Hospital,that will be a better option
omojeesu:
Solution: Privatise their services!

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by DrAdonis: 10:09am On Feb 18, 2016
GOODNESS2020:

And you visit idiots for your treatment? The idiots may one day kill you for your idiocy.

Lolaed visit qualified doctors for his treatment not pharmacists, lab people or hospital cleaners. Just on a light note oo. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 18, 2016
GOODNESS2020:

And who told you he visits the idiots; what if he travels abroad to visit the sensible ones?
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Ebimablog: 10:11am On Feb 18, 2016
What a stupid analogy ,you dont own the Hospitals ,so u cant run it like a private Man will do
omojeesu:
When a patient comes to the hospital, he comes to see the doctor. The good example is as it operates in private hospitals. Let non doctors there say they want parity with doctors.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by drered(m): 10:12am On Feb 18, 2016
dicefrost:

What is the justification for the relativity?
According to what I read a while ago. The ratio is 10/8.7 and is based on the extra year MD'S spend in school. 6 +x Years as against 5 +x years..
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by francizy(m): 10:12am On Feb 18, 2016
Omo on only one thread, see bottles, axes and bullets flying here and there...

***Helps to hide kingtom in my toilet so stray bullet no go shatter him teeth***... shocked shocked shocked
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by DrAdonis: 10:15am On Feb 18, 2016
razortruth:

Lol. Do your research well. Obama said if Nigerian doctors leave the US, it'll affect their health sector significantly. Nigerian doctors are known for their good works worldwide, even though there will be a bad few as it is worldwide. Most of them left this country because of bad working conditions and hate speech like yours. Please, change and urge the government to change too. Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by GOODNESS2020: 10:17am On Feb 18, 2016
sarzy:

And who told you he visits the idiots; what if he travels abroad to visit the sensible ones?

With the current economic situation in the country here? I doubt it except he involved in Dasukigate
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by SenorMcSlyl(m): 10:18am On Feb 18, 2016
God bless you sir, that came from a sane mind.
DrAdonis:

No sir, you are misinformed. A house officer (doctor) is on an equivalent of CONHESS 9 while med lab scientists and pharmacy interns are on CONHESS 8 Salary scale. And that is very fair if you ask me..

It's really funny that other health workers like lab scientists, pharmacists, porters, hospital cleaners, security etc come together and decide to go on strike because they are not receiving the same salaries and allowances as doctors.
Nigerians need to start behaving civil and Noble really. We can't be misbehaving in the name of unionism asking for equal salary with people who we had completely different training with...Even Albert Einstein said the worst form of inequality is trying to make unequal things equal.

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by SenorMcSlyl(m): 10:23am On Feb 18, 2016
Those who never knew the details of the preposterous strike are apt to jump into conclusion.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 18, 2016
GOODNESS2020:

No I dont visit idiots for my treatment. I know more than any one in JoHESU about my healthcare needs.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 18, 2016
GOODNESS2020:

With the current economic situation in the country here? I doubt it except he involved in Dasukigate

No, I still know some people who sent to India last year and didn't spend more than 2 million naira. Not all conditions gulp million. People still travel everywhere today even with the economical crises, without being involved in Dasukigate. By the way, I have a question for you. If a patient is sick and needs to travel abroad for treatment; will he use the parallel market exchange rate or the interbank? Don't forget that the parallel market is N197 to a dollar.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

River Mysteriously Turns To Blood In Ghana. / World AIDS Day: HIV And AIDS Facts, Key Points & Statistics In Nigeria / Difficulty In Getting Placements for Internship In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.