Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike (25899 Views)

NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU / Federal Health Workers Under The Umbrella Of JOHESU Embark On Indefinite Trike / Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by MsGlobalwonder(f): 10:25am On Feb 18, 2016
oliviatwist:

Did you border to read the article and see the part about a court ruling or to is it just a witch hunt to you since you aren't affected?
it is "bother". You are welcome.

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 18, 2016
DrAdonis:

Lol. Do your research well. Obama said if Nigerian doctors leave the US, it'll affect their health sector significantly. Nigerian doctors are known for their good works worldwide, even though there will be a bad few as it is worldwide. Most of them left this country because of bad working conditions and hate speech like yours. Please, change and urge the government to change too. Thanks.

Bros, here's the thing. Nigerian doctors are good, no doubt. They are well trained. But they are very negligent in practice here in Nigeria. When they get abroad, they dare not try the nonsense they try here. They know it!

BTW, don't believe what Obama said o. You know why? America has doctors from all over the world. Do you now the number of physicians who sit for USMLE annually and get rejected? So many Nigerian doctors still apply year and get turned down. Same with other countries. The country that pays doctors the highest salary is Australia. So if Naija doctors leave America, new ones go fill the space sharp sharp. Many doctors are scrambling for spaces there o.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Ebimablog: 10:30am On Feb 18, 2016
That did not in any way address the issue raised
MsGlobalwonder:
it is "bother". You are welcome.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by orelove4liff: 10:31am On Feb 18, 2016
otswag:
Here we go again. Another "JOHESU vs Medical Doctors" series of threads brewing. If its your right, use the law to defend your argument. Don't bring a lame excuse that because drs are paid this, u must be paid that. Plus, learn to stop painting drs in a bad image and misleading the public just to gain public sympathy for your cause.
so u are too blind to see d part dat says government disobeyed court order dat they should be paid?

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 18, 2016
razortruth:
I am not a doctor nor a nurse but i know by experience that a patient's life is safer in the hands and care of nurses than all those lazy and quack doctors in all the teaching hospitals in nigeria. A lot of people have died and still dying because of carelessness of these doctors who cant even practice abroad because their licences will be seized and litigation by patients will send them to jail. Local champions

whereas the nurses you are talking about use staff privilege to seek for our help within and outside the hospitals.

Just make sure every member of your family seeks consult from a Nurse henceforth.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by otswag(m): 10:33am On Feb 18, 2016
drered:

What lame excuse? There has always been a ratio/relativity between the pay of MD'S and other members of the healthcare team. When there's an increase in one isn't it only logical that the relativity be maintained? Or the other members should just sit and watch the margin grow wider?
this your point is the main reason drs protested for relativity and skipping and got their entitlement. If johesu feels there's still an imbalance with relativity, state your grievances and don't start tainting d image of drs in the process by professing lies that we don't deserve what we got.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 18, 2016
DrAdonis:

Lolaed visit qualified doctors for his treatment not pharmacists, lab people or hospital cleaners. Just on a light note oo. Lol.

You are right jare smiley wink

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Gamesmart: 10:34am On Feb 18, 2016
drered:
These 'people' going on strike include registered nurses. It's OK to not be clear on certain issues but what is not OK is bringing it out here trying to misinform the public.. There is no time JOHESU has ever asked for equal salary with MD'S. Kindly furnish me with links if u insist otherwise..

So what do they want then?
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 18, 2016
DrAdonis:

These people going on strike are not medical doctors. Nurses who went to the university too are not part of them.

No sir, you are misinformed. A house officer (doctor) is on an equivalent of CONHESS 9 while med lab scientists and pharmacy interns are on CONHESS 8 Salary scale. And that is very fair if you ask me..

It's really funny that other health workers like lab scientists, pharmacists, porters, hospital cleaners, security etc come together and decide to go on strike because they are not receiving the same salaries and allowances as doctors.
Nigerians need to start behaving civil and Noble really. We can't be misbehaving in the name of unionism asking for equal salary with people who we had completely different training with...Even Albert Einstein said the worst form of inequality is trying to make unequal things equal.

Oga stop misleading people. You are a liar. No body is complaining about basic salary.those medical doctors cheated other paramedic in allowances. Imarging giviñg paramedic 20 to 23k as call allowance compare to 60 to 65 k for doctors call allowance. That is a great injustice.
The major problem of you people is that you always look down on paramedics.
Remember am talking with experience. I see it by myself.
Imaging hearing doctors telling radiographer that what they know is to snap picture, pharmacy as drug counter.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 18, 2016
AreaFada2:
The matter is very simple.

It's like in slum areas, poor people kill fellow poor people. Whereas in rich areas, rich people patronise each other's business, get connections from each other and all get richer in the process.

Even medical salaries are not really that big in the beginning. Big bucks come with seniority and when running own private clinics alongside.

If health care got paid generally well, what seems like envy towards doctors won't be there.

The other matter is doctors are more involved in setting the pay agenda generally, whether it's Minister of health or other senior health officials who are often doctors. Hence the perception that all is tilted in doctors' favour.

Last time I argued on NL that allied healthcare people should get more recognition, someone accused me of being JOHESU. I didn't even know what it meant then. grin cheesy

so how did you know the other things you posted? Are they facts or what you think?
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by otswag(m): 10:39am On Feb 18, 2016
orelove4liff:
so u are too blind to see d part dat says government disobeyed court order dat they should be paid?
fight your battle by stating the facts without tainting d image of drs in d process. Is that too difficult to do? Or am I writing in hieroglyphics?
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by drered(m): 10:41am On Feb 18, 2016
DrAdonis:

Lol. Do your research well. Obama said if Nigerian doctors leave the US, it'll affect their health sector significantly. Nigerian doctors are known for their good works worldwide, even though there will be a bad few as it is worldwide. Most of them left this country because of bad working conditions and hate speech like yours. Please, change and urge the government to change too. Thanks.
Kindly provide a link to Obama's speech.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by drered(m): 10:42am On Feb 18, 2016
otswag:
this your point is the main reason drs protested for relativity and skipping and got their entitlement. If johesu feels there's still an imbalance with relativity, state your grievances and don't start tainting d image of drs in the process by professing lies that we don't deserve what we got.
What points? What lies? Where and Whem did JOHESU state MD'S don't deserve what they got..?
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by AreaFada2: 10:44am On Feb 18, 2016
lolaed:

so how did you know the other things you posted? Are they facts or what you think?

I'm not a jambite. grin cheesy

I have people in 9ja healthcare system. Since over 50 years!

I'm in the system too, albeit in a different country.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by SenorMcSlyl(m): 10:45am On Feb 18, 2016
...and a group of people unrelated by job description can aggregate & hold a country to ransom in the western world? Why not say it as it is. Just imagine privatisation of the health sector, i wonder what will become of JOHESU. And for your information, the health sector is pretty messed up hence priority isn't placed where it shoul be.
sarzy:

No, they can practise abroad but they dare not try the nonsense they try here.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by otswag(m): 10:46am On Feb 18, 2016
drered:
What points? What lies? Where and Whem did JOHESU state MD'S don't deserve what they got..?
From d op's post and I quote "On the issue of skipping of Grade level 10, he noted that rather than paying them the money government went ahead to pay medical doctors which he claimed were not entitle to such allowance by law" . Im sure u can read so Read d post well b4 u decide to respond next time

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Ochinex(m): 10:49am On Feb 18, 2016
dicefrost:
The Joint Health Sector Union (JOHESU) says it will commence an indefinite strike by 12 midnight today (Feb. 17) if the Federal Government failed to meet members’ demands. The National President of the Medical and Health Workers Union who also doubled as JOHESU National Chairman, Mr Biobebelemoye Josiah, disclosed this in an interview with newsmen on Wednesday in Abuja.
Josiah explained that members are demanding for improved working conditions, including the implementation of skipping of Grade Level 10. According to him, JOHESU is asking for adjustment of the 2009 CONHESS salary table and allowances as was done for the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) in January 2014. He described government insensitivity to the demands as ``provocative, insulting and unjust in the worst dimension in a democratic dispensation’’.
Josiah lamented that members of the union were being subjected to discrimination and industrial marginalisation in the health sector in favour of NMA members.
On the issue of skipping of Grade level 10, he noted that rather than paying them the money government went ahead to pay medical doctors which he claimed were not entitle to such allowance by law.
Josiah also explained that the court ruled in their favour that they should be paid, adding that government failed to respect the court injunction. However, Josiah called on the federal government to give priority attention and capture the financial implication of the demands in this year’s health sector budget. According to him, JOHESU comprised more than 99 per cent of service deliverance in the health system, noting that government failure to meet the demands would have negative impact on the country’s healthcare delivery.
``JOHESU members and doctors are treated differently, even when it is not the right of doctors to earn specific pay they accord them the pay which is part of the problems we are passing through. ``This now brings disharmony because there is no fair administration of the health system which is part of the things that is causing disharmony and turbulence in the system, to avoid that the President should change such act,’’ he said. JOHESU is an umbrella body of all professional and non-professional health workers, excluding medical doctors.

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/johesu-threatens-indefinite-strike-at-12-midnight/

blame buhari

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by drered(m): 10:50am On Feb 18, 2016
otswag:
From d op's post and I quote "On the issue of skipping of Grade level 10, he noted that rather than paying them the money government went ahead to pay medical doctors which he claimed were not entitle to such allowance by law" . Im sure u can read so Read d post well b4 u decide to respond next time
Great. Now did they make that assertion outta the blues or they have a law to back it up?
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 18, 2016
SenorMcSlyl:
...and a group of people unrelated by job description can aggregate & hold a country to ransom in the western world? Why not say it as it is. Just imagine privatisation of the health sector, i wonder what will become of JOHESU. And for your information, the health sector is pretty messed up hence priority isn't placed where it shoul be.

What is this one saying? I can't find the correlation between what you typed and what you quoted. Don't Nigerian doctors go on strike also? Do doctors go on strike abroad? You mentioned my quote, but what is it I'm not saying as it is? Have I justified JOHESU's strike? What I'm saying is that Nigerian doctors abroad dare not try all the nonsense they try in this country. And in fact, stop comparing yourselves with foreign medics; you are not worth it!

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by HaneefahRN(f): 10:58am On Feb 18, 2016
lolaed:

whereas the nurses you are talking about use staff privilege to seek for our help within and outside the hospitals.

Just make sure every member of your family seeks consult from a Nurse henceforth.

What's wt the seek help from a nurse henceforth? Every member of the health team has his duties and responsibilites wc is as important as d other. What the JOHESU is fighting against is marginalization of every other health worker. There has always been a relativity btw pay of Drs to other health workers due to more yrs spent in sch. A graduate nurse has to work for close to 10yrs b4 earning d salary of a HO, an intern Dr. The Drs are knwn to always fight ford their rights esp when it has to do wt salaries, then they start pokenosing into JOHESU's affairs, telling d govt what to give other prpfessionals and what nt to. They av easy ability to manipulate since they av succesfully manipulated all top positions for themselves, CMD, commisioner for health, minister for health and all. They are d policy makers and always seem to favor Drs forgetting other professionals in d health team. I watched a proceeding in d senate on hw to improve d health sector, all what they were raising was hw to make Drs more comfortable because Drs are many admist them.

Nursing studts av been crying and agitating for internship for yrs bt who cares? They ain't medical studts afterall. Nurses aren't allowed to perform their duties in hospitals, medical studts must learn afterall, nurses want a unified scheme, who business, let's be at par wt other professionals, are u Drs?

But when Johesu crys out, they are quick to shout they are feeling inferior, go back and write jamb, who do u go to see when u go to a hospital and other stupid points. The health system needs a total overhaul, these selfishness and pettiness av to stop!

3 Likes

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Tbamo(m): 10:59am On Feb 18, 2016
razortruth:
I am not a doctor nor a nurse but i know by experience that a patient's life is safer in the hands and care of nurses than all those lazy and quack doctors in all the teaching hospitals in nigeria. A lot of people have died and still dying because of carelessness of these doctors who cant even practice abroad because their licences will be seized and litigation by patients will send them to jail. Local champions

this is the kind of comment that makes one query nigerias educational system. from your claim, we can deduce a pts life is safer in the hands of someone who by law can at best provide only palliative care.we can also deduce that all doctors are quacks.Also no Nigerian trained doctor can practice outside the country
I have enough information to show you that nigeria has the third highest export of doctors to the west in the whole world but with someone that argues like a 1st year poly student it's gonna be a waste of time!

3 Likes

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by drered(m): 11:02am On Feb 18, 2016
otswag:
How much do you know about the tension in the health sector between MD'S and other members of the healthcare team.? Why have pharmacist been unable to run their pharm. D programme? Cuz the MDCAN took them to court nd status quo has been maintained since. Now what's the reaction from MD'S? Pharmacists wants to be called doctors that's why they want to run a pharm. D programme. Yall clamor for global best practices when it suits you. Now how many countries still run the B. Pharm programme?. Yet you come here and say johesu says MD'S don't deserve what they got.. Take several sits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by otswag(m): 11:06am On Feb 18, 2016
drered:
Great. Now did they make that assertion outta the blues or they have a law to back it up?
oh interesting! Now u've changed your argument..lol. What bloody law? Is d law of johesu different from the law of drs? Drs protested and won because they had the backing of the law. Besides, is this protest about what we got or what you deserve? Get your priorities right.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Sohot1(m): 11:08am On Feb 18, 2016
Foolish Johesu! Useless bunch of non-considerate non-entities..... Your time is fast running out.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by drered(m): 11:10am On Feb 18, 2016
otswag:
oh interesting! Now u've changed your argument..lol. What bloody law? Is d law of johesu different from the law of drs? Drs protested and won because they had the backing of the law. Besides, is this protest about what we got or what you deserve? Get your priorities right.
I can see you're a slow one. My argument remains one and the same.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Sohot1(m): 11:11am On Feb 18, 2016
razortruth:

Foolish and ignorant comment!

Receive healing!

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 18, 2016
AreaFada2:

I'm not a jambite. grin cheesy

I have people in 9ja healthcare system. Since over 50 years!

I'm in the system too, albeit in a different country.

Are Nigerian Doctors well paid?

Can Johesu seek what they need without asking about how much DOctors earn?

Should admin staff in hospitals expect better pay than admin staff elsewhere just because they work within the same walls as Doctors? WHat is wrong is having these people compare themselves with Dr.s all the time. It doesn,t make sense. The jealousy is debilitating and affects how we do our job.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by orelove4liff: 11:13am On Feb 18, 2016
otswag:
fight your battle by stating the facts without tainting d image of drs in d process. Is that too difficult to do? Or am I writing in hieroglyphics?
i am nt supporting dem, infact they are very wrong but i don't like ppl commenting as if they didn't read d passage
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by KingTom(m): 11:15am On Feb 18, 2016
francizy:
Omo on only one thread, see bottles, axes and bullets flying here and there...

***Helps to hide kingtom in my toilet so stray bullet no go shatter him teeth***... shocked shocked shocked
abeg leave me I dey try settle Peter and Paul angry

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Eyona(m): 11:15am On Feb 18, 2016
AfroKnight:
Johesu again?

Honestly I'm tired of these people. Everywhere in the world, doctors get better pay than other health pros. Is there a worldwide strike to that effect? What is the essence of hierarchy if we level out the cadre?

These people are just too antagonistic. I just tire.
U have d right to be tired but u need to know d details of the margin u r talking about.
Graduate nurses still don't proceed on internship after backing their BNSc. Why? Instead of being employed at grade level 10 most of them struggle at 8. Why? Nurses are not allowed to skip level 11. Why?
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by otswag(m): 11:15am On Feb 18, 2016
drered:
I can see you're a slow one. My argument remains one and the same.
Typical. When you have no point, revert back to insults ...lol. I'm not surprised
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by drered(m): 11:15am On Feb 18, 2016
Sohot1:
Foolish Johesu! Useless bunch of non-considerate non-entities..... Your time is fast running out.
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

World AIDS Day: HIV And AIDS Facts, Key Points & Statistics In Nigeria / Difficulty In Getting Placements for Internship In Nigeria / Top 10 Fertility Myths Debunked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.