Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,840 members, 7,828,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike (25898 Views)

NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU / Federal Health Workers Under The Umbrella Of JOHESU Embark On Indefinite Trike / Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by otswag(m): 12:53pm On Feb 18, 2016
samdes02:

You just confirmed it dude you're indeed a slow one
lol. Wrong! You just confirmed you are either too dull to think or too prejudiced to accept reason. If you think I'd be exchanging words with u here, u really are d slow one. Lol. Continue!
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 18, 2016
lolaed:

When Doctors agitate for their rights, do they mention it in relation with what happens to JOHESU members?

Have Doctors not had reasons to seek redress on issues with hospital management on occasions?

Well I can't blame that u all feel like your relevance is attachhed to Doctors.

When it comes to poke nosing, doctors hold the ace.

1.) Other health workers having been skipping gl 10,suddenly doctors began to complain bitterly. They wanted it 2 even if it wasn't in their scheme of service.
2)Mls wanted to establish a post graduate national college, but nma mobilised to the National Assembly to combat it.
3)pharmacist wanted to run a doctotate degree system, but nma vehemently opposed it and fought them, even dragging them to court. You complain that they are only dispensing drugs, but now they want to expand their scope of practice, u r against it. What exactly do you want?
4)JOHESU members wanted to get to the apex of their careers by being directors, as established in their scheme of service. Nma went on strike because of it.
Bottom line is you can take whatever you want, but you have no right to decide what others can or cannot get

5 Likes

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by HaneefahRN(f): 12:55pm On Feb 18, 2016
lolaed:

When Doctors agitate for their rights, do they mention it in relation with what happens to JOHESU members?

Have Doctors not had reasons to seek redress on issues with hospital management on occasions?

Well I can't blame that u all feel like your relevance is attachhed to Doctors.

They did actually. They threatened to strike if the govt ans the Johesu on skipping the lvl. They felt it will affect relativity, unless Govt must increase their own pay too. And they also asked for reshulfling of all board members of every tertiary institution so they occupy at least 8 of the posts. Wc d govt has been obliging them.They spent 6yrs plus in sch afterall. But Johesu has no right to speak lest they are called jealous, petty and asked if pts come to visit them or Drs

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
dicefrost:

Lol granted the legal backing, Nurses can do what doctors do too. I know nurses who run hospitals. My uncle for instance, he does c.s in his hospital illegally, and treats better than any doctor i know. So my dear, granted the legal backing, No one is irreplaceable

You an your Uncle should be arrested immediately
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Fearcom(m): 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
dicefrost:

When it comes to poke nosing, doctors hold the ace.

1.) Other health workers having been skipping gl 10,suddenly doctors began to complain bitterly. They wanted it 2 even if it wasn't in their scheme of service.
2)Mls wanted to establish a post graduate national college, but nma mobilised to the National Assembly to combat it.
3)pharmacist wanted to run a doctotate degree system, but nma vehemently opposed it and fought them, even dragging them to court. You complain that they are only dispensing drugs, but now they want to expand their scope of practice, u r against it. What exactly do you want?
4)JOHESU members wanted to get to the apex of their careers by being directors, as established in their scheme of service. Nma went on strike because of it.
Bottom line is you can take whatever you want, but you have no right to decide what others can or cannot get

Spot on. The last paragraph is EXACTLY why there is disharmony in that sector. STOP DECIDING WHAT OTHERS CAN OR CANNOT GET

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 18, 2016
KingTom:
They have a point though I mean most of them went to school for four years just like other civil servants while we did 6 years (some 8 sef EY things) so why shouldn't they skip grade 10 i mean they are more important than other civil servants na, imagine a whole Biochemist after Four long years of school being compared to an ordinary Mass communication graduate, why should they be on the same level why should they when they both did 4 years in Uni who are these ones to compare themselves with the almighty JOHESU abeg make Una increase their money jare and even those my strong nurses who insult me every time I tell them to attend to a patient please increase theirs too what rubbish! How dare you people allow them to be in level 10 if possible skip to level 13 sef can you imagine nonsense. After 4 years

Sarcasm undecided

You should not lie to make a point please. No pharmacist or lab scientist spent 4yrs in the university. Even graduate nurses spend 5yrs+

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by HaneefahRN(f): 1:08pm On Feb 18, 2016
Fearcom:

Spot on. The last paragraph is EXACTLY why there is disharmony in that sector. STOP DECIDING WHAT OTHERS CAN OR CANNOT GET

Why shldn't they? They spent six yrs plus in sch and can do all the Johesu's work combined. Johesu shld just shut up and be enduring all the BS so pple wnt say they are competing wt Drs.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Fearcom(m): 1:14pm On Feb 18, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Why shldn't they? They spent six yrs plus in sch and can do all the Johesu's work combined. Johesu shld just shut up and be enduring all the BS so pple wnt say they are competing wt Drs.

grin

Aluta Continua; Victoria Acerta
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by doveda: 1:16pm On Feb 18, 2016
HaneefahRN:

They did actually. They threatened to strike if the govt ans the Johesu on skipping the lvl. They felt it will affect relativity, unless Govt must increase their own pay too. And they also asked for reshulfling of all board members of every tertiary institution so they occupy at least 8 of the posts. Wc d govt has been obliging them.They spent 6yrs plus in sch afterall. But Johesu has no right to speak lest they are called jealous, petty and asked if pts come to visit them or Drs

I think both docotrs and nurses have issues.

Some nurses do act like they know it all especially the older ones, like prescribing drugs to the patients behind the doctor's back or increasing dosage etc

Some doctors are so bad that if I had a chance to kill one of the bad ones. I mightbjsut go ahead with it.

My brother almost became one-eyed because of two Nigerian hospitals (not two doctors). One prescribed adult dosage for a boy of 10 who had already been treated for malaria. It was at the pharmacy (the hospital's pharmacy), the pharmacist refused to sell the prescribed drugs. She told my parents are hat he had meningitis not malaria!. They left for another hospital(not a private one). Rather than carry out a test to determine the type of meningitis he has, they wanted to treat him straightway. It was a miracle my uncle, a doctor called before they killed my brother. Also I have an aunt that limps today because of a Nigerian doctor.

Clearly, the health sector and professionals in Nigeria needs a total reform. You can stop blaming yourselves bikosmiley.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by AreaFada2: 1:19pm On Feb 18, 2016
sarzy:

Hey, are the £30K and £25/23K monthly salaries?

Yearly basic o.

Of courses overtime and some others may come on top.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by otswag(m): 1:22pm On Feb 18, 2016
gearcoin:

Oga stop misleading people. You are a liar. No body is complaining about basic salary.those medical doctors cheated other paramedic in allowances. Imaging giviñg paramedic 20 to 23k as call allowance compare to 60 to 65 k for doctors call allowance. That is a great injustice.
The major problem of you people is that you always look down on paramedics.
Remember am talking with experience. I see it by myself.
Imaging hearing doctors telling radiographer that what they know is to snap picture, pharmacy as drug counter.
oga! Ur d one misleading people. Most paramedics don't do calls. They do shifts. There's a difference so don't expect equal pay. Paramedics work 8hr shifts a day. Drs work 8am till 4pm the next day on call days. Abeg calculate that. Yet u still want to be paid thesame? Na wah o.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by AreaFada2: 1:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
dicefrost:

Lol granted the legal backing, Nurses can do what doctors do too. I know nurses who run hospitals. My uncle for instance, he does c.s in his hospital illegally, and treats better than any doctor i know. So my dear, granted the legal backing, No one is irreplaceable

And you think that's a good thing? shocked shocked
You can know stuff from watching but not trained or licenced to do it.

To begin with, he doesn't have the in-depth pharmacological & physiological knowledge to administer anaesthesia. Or the things NOT to do in complication.
The list of things that can go wrong in c.s is endless. Would he have a vascular surgeon at hand in case he accidently punctures a great vessel?

He should be struck off and sent to jail for endangering lives, or possibly killing some already. grin cheesy
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by HaneefahRN(f): 1:32pm On Feb 18, 2016
doveda:

I think both docotrs and nurses have issues.

Some nurses do act like they know it all especially the older ones, like prescribing drugs to the patients behind the doctor's back or increasing dosage etc

Some doctors are so bad that if I had a chance to kill one of the bad ones. I mightbjsut go ahead with it.

My brother almost became one-eyed because of two Nigerian hospitals (not two doctors). One prescribed adult dosage for a boy of 10 who had already been treated for malaria. It was at the pharmacy (the hospital's pharmacy), the pharmacist refused to sell the prescribed drugs. She told my parents are hat he had meningitis not malaria!. They left for another hospital(not a private one). Rather than carry out a test to determine the type of meningitis he has, they wanted to treat him straightway. It was a miracle my uncle, a doctor called before they killed my brother. Also I have an aunt that limps today because of a Nigerian doctor.

Clearly, the health sector and professionals in Nigeria needs a total reform.

Thanks sis. For ur observation, tht's what I keep saying the system needs a total overhaul, what of quackery too? Then coming down to d bad blood in d health institution. They shld all know their boundaries and respect each other. Some nurses can prescribe tho, d midwifes, public health nurses and A and E, I think bt av limits. Everyone shld knw their duties and do it, we are all there to work together and catch each others mistakes, I'av seen many situations where nurses catch d prescribing Dr's mistakes likewise pharmacists, no one is above mistakes or an Island of knowledge. The education system is in shambles and is reflected on d products except those tht work on themselves.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by HaneefahRN(f): 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2016
otswag:
oga! Ur d one misleading people. Most paramedics don't do calls. They do shifts. There's a difference so don't expect equal pay. Paramedics work 8hr shifts a day. Drs work 8am till 4pm the next day on call days. Abeg calculate that. Yet u still want to be paid thesame? Na wah o.
Read b4 commenting
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 18, 2016
AreaFada2:

To begin with, he doesn't have the in-depth pharmacological & physiological knowledge to administer anaesthesia. Or the things NOT to do in complication.
The list of things that can go wrong in c.s is endless. Would he have a vascular surgeon at hand in case he accidently punctures a great vessel?

He should be struck off and sent to jail for endangering lives, or possibly killing some already. grin cheesy

I'm not saying it is legal, i have condemned him several times and even refused to work for him. But the point i was trying to make is that nobody is indispensable. As for the pharmacological and physiological knowledge, an average nurse is well trained. Although there are lots of dull ones.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by TheArchangel(f): 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2016
AreaFada2:

Doing the surgery is wrong but referring to anesthesia.....there are trained physician and nurse anesthetists that are often called in for such cases.

The jack of all trades and master of none health system we operate here ends up doing more harm than good.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by HaneefahRN(f): 1:48pm On Feb 18, 2016
Chartey:

You're intelligent so don't do this.
The problem graduate nurses have in Nigeria is mainly from the leaders of your professional body who started their careers without degrees. They're the ones in antagonism of service improvement for graduate nurses because they feel "these small children will start earning close to our salary now and start doing shakara".

Yh, I get ur point. I never ruled them out, I call them ceremonial heads, tht doesn't strike out my other points.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Baboo13(m): 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2016
My own is that the next DG of NAFDAC should be a Pharmacist

This is like the only Federal agency that is rightfully theirs to head.

Drs have the Ministry of Health and enough other health parastatals/agencies they are in charge of
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by AreaFada2: 1:50pm On Feb 18, 2016
TheArchangel:
Doing the surgery is wrong but referring to anesthesia.....there are trained physician and nurse anesthetists that are often called in for such cases.

The jack of all trades and master of none health system we operate here ends up doing more harm than good.

So actually trained anaesthetists will agree to work for a person they know is not qualified to do surgery? cheesy grin
Then things are worse in 9ja than I thought?

Do you know that a high number of complications from surgery are airway/anaesthia-related?

At least that's the case here in Europe where we have ultra-modern equipment including robotics to work with.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by TheArchangel(f): 1:50pm On Feb 18, 2016
otswag:
How can people argue so blindly like this? Do you know the categories of health workers that do calls? No. BUT you have to come to an open forum to spew and expose your ignorance. The perioperative nurses and the nurse anesthetist receives call duty allowances cos they do calls.
As if there is a superiority contest between call and shift.

Doctor this and that. Be truthful for one, how many doctors be it HO,MO,Reg,Senior Reg, consultants have you ever met in either the consulting rooms or wards by eight and has the human mind to stay behind till four. Story trying to whip out emotions and sentiments from the public. We knows what goes around and things are done in our hospitals.

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by doveda: 1:50pm On Feb 18, 2016
gearcoin:

Oga stop misleading people. You are a liar. No body is complaining about basic salary.those medical doctors cheated other paramedic in allowances. Imaging giviñg paramedic 20 to 23k as call allowance compare to 60 to 65 k for doctors call allowance. That is a great injustice.
The major problem of you people is that you always look down on paramedics.
Remember am talking with experience. I see it by myself.
Imaging hearing doctors telling radiographer that what they know is to snap picture, pharmacy as drug counter.

Paramedics and doctors are not equal. There is nowhere in the world that are paid equal whether they work for the same hours or notundecided

The same thing applies to a nurse's salary. It is the way it is
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by otswag(m): 1:51pm On Feb 18, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Read b4 commenting
yes I read it and yes i stand my already made statement.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by TheArchangel(f): 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
AreaFada2:

So actually trained anaesthetists will agree to work for a person they know is not qualified to do surgery? cheesy grin

Do you know that a high number of complications from surgery are airway/anaesthia-related?

At least that's the case here in Europe where we have ultra-modern equipment including robotics to work with.
How will you know if not by investigating your employer? Do you investigate your boss to find out his qualifications when you're being interviewed?
Anyway that's not the bone of contention here. You raised the issue of being pharmacologically and physiologically knowledgeable to administer anesthesia and I am pointing out that anesthetist can be employed for that. So the problems isn't the anesthesia but the skills of the surgeon whether quack or trained.
Nigerian health system is a fraud, barbaric, unregulated and a warzone. It's either you are swallowed whole or in parts, nobody wants the other to live and patients are not left out. Things are not getting better rather they are getting worse, nobody wants to step on toes and woe betide you if you steps on someone's toes. There is no comradeship here and I am sincerely waiting for someone to step on mine
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by otswag(m): 2:03pm On Feb 18, 2016
TheArchangel:
How can people argue so blindly like this? Do you know the categories of health workers that do calls? No. BUT you have to come to an open forum to spew and expose your ignorance. The perioperative nurses and the nurse anesthetist receives call duty allowances cos they do calls.
As if there is a superiority contest between call and shift.

Doctor this and that. Be truthful for one, how many doctors be it HO,MO,Reg,Senior Reg, consultants have you ever met in either the consulting rooms or wards by eight and has the human mind to stay behind till four. Story trying to whip out emotions and sentiments from the public. We knows what goes around and things are done in our hospitals.
my dear I'm sure u can read. I said "most" not all paramedics. So don't come here and start spewing rubbish like u know what's up. I work in a teaching hospital and I can tell u categorically that drs are always on ground either in their call rooms, wards or emergency units. There's a chain of command. Consultants are summoned when their presence is required but the major work is by the H.O.'s M.Os, Regs. Obviously, u are d ignorant one Implying that calls and shifts should be taking as one and thesame...lol
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by nelszx: 2:06pm On Feb 18, 2016
dokiOloye:
do these paramedics U talked about do calls?
Is it not shift duty they do and often get one week off every month while d doctor on call works 24hrs and is expected to immediately join his unit for work d following day by 8am wtout having had a bath and sometimes not even having d chance to brush his mouth.

Going to work till 2pm den resting till 4pm and from the 4pm till 8am the next morning den refresh and come back to work by 11am is what?
Don't spew trash on a platform like this pls. How can u call dat shift when nobody is covering for u? U have 2 hrs alone to urself that day isn't that call. We get paid call duty allowance not shift duty

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by TheArchangel(f): 2:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
doveda:

Paramedics and doctors are not equal. There is nowhere in the world that are paid equal whether they work for the same hours or notundecided

The same thing applies to a nurse's salary. It is the way it is
Who are the paramedics? Nurses are not paramedics.
Check the meaning of paramedics, please.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
otswag:
u have spoken well. I salute you. I hope and pray u never need medical/surgical intervention in future, but if for any reason u need or a close associate does for a perforated typhoid ileitis,sub-dural hemorrhage secondary to head injury or anything else, make sure u go to that your well trained nurse for treatment.

senseless
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by HaneefahRN(f): 2:19pm On Feb 18, 2016
otswag:
yes I read it and yes i stand my already made statement.

Even when it isn't related to the discourse?
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 18, 2016
dokiOloye:
do these paramedics U talked about do calls?
Is it not shift duty they do and often get one week off every month while d doctor on call works 24hrs and is expected to immediately join his unit for work d following day by 8am wtout having had a bath and sometimes not even having d chance to brush his mouth.

Chai! See bloody exaggeration
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by TheArchangel(f): 2:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
otswag:
my dear I'm sure u can read. I said "most" not all paramedics. So don't come here and start spewing rubbish like u know what's up. I work in a teaching hospital and I can tell u categorically that drs are always on ground either in their call rooms, wards or emergency units. There's a chain of command. Consultants are summoned when their presence is required but the major work is by the H.O.'s M.Os, Regs. Obviously, u are d ignorant one Implying that calls and shifts should be taking as one and thesame...lol
yea right. I've seen them....working....hahaha....working indeed...always.
Are you aware that your chain of commands differs from others and how they do things.? Do you go about monitoring others to check whether they are always on ground or not? You are observant of your own turf and have no right in telling me about mine.
You and I knows fully well that your consultants are barely around to do calls. Its rare to see a Nigerian consultant in the hospital at night, the bucks stop with the senior Reg.

Stop denying a common knowledge.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by HaneefahRN(f): 2:24pm On Feb 18, 2016
AreaFada2:

It seems u dnt knw how decayed d system is, even quacks wt O-lvls and no health related qualifications trained by some unscrupulous Drs nw av d audacity to open clinics and even perform surgeries, it is when thns go wrong pple will remember he or she isn't licensed.

Yh, I guess tht's why anaethetists earn well
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by dokiOloye(m): 2:24pm On Feb 18, 2016
sarzy:

Chai! See bloody exaggeration
Why not say what has been exaggerated?
Anyway,no time for JOHESU ppl now.
Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

World AIDS Day: HIV And AIDS Facts, Key Points & Statistics In Nigeria / Difficulty In Getting Placements for Internship In Nigeria / Top 10 Fertility Myths Debunked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.