Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,619 members, 7,827,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike (25896 Views)

NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU / Federal Health Workers Under The Umbrella Of JOHESU Embark On Indefinite Trike / Resident Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike On June 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by dokiOloye(m): 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
GOODNESS2020:

And you visit idiots for your treatment? The idiots may one day kill you for your idiocy.
ppl go to d hospital to see a doctor,not d nurse nor pharmacist or d lab scientist.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2016
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Fearcom(m): 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2016
lolaed:
For those who may not Understand, let me explain what JOHESU means to you.

The nurses(who spent three years in Nursing school. A few of them got part-time Bsc. )
The ward orderlies(in other words, messangers, secondary school leaving certificate holders)
Admin staff(who literally spend half of the day gossiping at their desks)
Technicians(who fix the bulbs and other hospital property)

but also,
the microbiologists, lab scientists, and the most pathetic of all, pharmacists.

Their agitation is that the Doctors get better paid than them. But, listen again, and think about it. Can all the afore mentioned people be paid the same amount of money?

Interestingly, pharmacists get paid almost as much as the Doctors. But the truth is that Doctors work all day long and as well do calls. whereas they shift their own services and what do Pharmacists do in hospitals? They DISPENSE drugs. Their mates in other countries manufacture drugs for the populace..but they ONLY dispense the drugs a Doctor must have prescribed for a patient. Most of these microbiologists and pharmacists chose medicine as their first choice courses but were given these courses of study. of course, logically there is a difference.

the level of expertise, the amount of mental input and the amount of workload have great effects. How can any of these, educated people not understand and think every managerial problem they have has to be against the Doctors.

Pharmacists forming a union with these other people irks me. they have thrown their profession to the dogs. and no, it is completely absurd for a ward orderly to want the same salary level as a Doctor and for pharmacists and lab workers to join in such ridiculous agitations.

These people are only trying to sabotage tthe Federal Government and should be dealt with accordingly.

Don't say what you don't know. This is the same form of lazy thinking that a lot of people, particularly the average doctor has.
Mind you most of the orderlies and cleaners you made mention of are graduates, some even with maasters degree. If not the economic situation in the country, a doctor cannot open his mouth outside the hospital because what other professionals are paid in their field outside is jaw dropping.
A full director on CONHESS 15 collects 413,000 before tax , meaning he doesn't get up to 400,000 gross while a CONSULTANT CONMESS 7 collects 1,136,000.
But all this isn't even the issue. JOHESU members have approached the Federal government through negotiations for better working conditions and better pay. Nothing wrong about that. What's wrong is that the Federal government agreed on these negotiations but did not implement them. And the only language Nigeria's government understands is industrial action...look at Jonathan's time some years back when lecturers went on strike. what's worse is that this same government quickly responds to the doctors demands for the same demands..and that's not surprising, considering that the minister for health as well as the minister of state are doctors...so are all the chief executives of all government hospitals. How won't there be favoritism and bias? The issue from my understanding is that government has failed to fulfill all negotiations with these set of professionals and they have the backing of their union, after giving the government due ultimatums, to embark on an industrial action to press home their demands
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by dokiOloye(m): 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
lolaed:

whereas the nurses you are talking about use staff privilege to seek for our help within and outside the hospitals.

Just make sure every member of your family seeks consult from a Nurse henceforth.
Nurses like to use ppl like him to shine and form doctor,but when they or their children get sick, they make sure they see a doctor,even if it's a house officer.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by joyandfaith: 12:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
Fearcom:

Don't say what you don't know. This is the same form of lazy thinking that a lot of people, particularly the average doctor has.
Mind you most of the orderlies and cleaners you made mention of are graduates, some even with maasters degree. If not the economic situation in the country, a doctor cannot open his mouth outside the hospital because what other professionals are paid in their field outside is jaw dropping.
A full director on CONHESS 15 collects 413,000 before tax , meaning he doesn't get up to 400,000 gross while a CONSULTANT CONMESS 7 collects 1,136,000.
But all this isn't even the issue. JOHESU members have approached the Federal government through negotiations for better working conditions and better pay. Nothing wrong about that. What's wrong is that the Federal government agreed on these negotiations but did not implement them. And the only language Nigeria's government understands is industrial action...look at Jonathan's time some years back when lecturers went on strike. what's worse is that this same government quickly responds to the doctors demands for the same demands..and that's not surprising, considering that the minister for health as well as the minister of state are doctors...so are all the chief executives of all government hospitals. How won't there be favoritism and bias? The issue from my understanding is that government has failed to fulfill all negotiations with these set of professionals and they have the backing of their union, after giving the government due ultimatums, to embark on an industrial action to press home their demands

liar. post the pay slip so we can believe you.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by dokiOloye(m): 12:28pm On Feb 18, 2016
gearcoin:

Oga stop misleading people. You are a liar. No body is complaining about basic salary.those medical doctors cheated other paramedic in allowances. Imaging giviñg paramedic 20 to 23k as call allowance compare to 60 to 65 k for doctors call allowance. That is a great injustice.
The major problem of you people is that you always look down on paramedics.
Remember am talking with experience. I see it by myself.
Imaging hearing doctors telling radiographer that what they know is to snap picture, pharmacy as drug counter.
do these paramedics U talked about do calls?
Is it not shift duty they do and often get one week off every month while d doctor on call works 24hrs and is expected to immediately join his unit for work d following day by 8am wtout having had a bath and sometimes not even having d chance to brush his mouth.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by otswag(m): 12:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
razortruth:
I am not a doctor nor a nurse but i know by experience that a patient's life is safer in the hands and care of nurses than all those lazy and quack doctors in all the teaching hospitals in nigeria. A lot of people have died and still dying because of carelessness of these doctors who cant even practice abroad because their licences will be seized and litigation by patients will send them to jail. Local champions
u have spoken well. I salute you. I hope and pray u never need medical/surgical intervention in future, but if for any reason u need or a close associate does for a perforated typhoid ileitis,sub-dural hemorrhage secondary to head injury or anything else, make sure u go to that your well trained nurse for treatment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by drered(m): 12:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
KingTom:
They have a point though I mean most of them went to school for four years just like other civil servants while we did 6 years (some 8 sef EY things) so why shouldn't they skip grade 10 i mean they are more important than other civil servants na, imagine a whole Biochemist after Four long years of school being compared to an ordinary Mass communication graduate, why should they be on the same level why should they when they both did 4 years in Uni who are these ones to compare themselves with the almighty JOHESU abeg make Una increase their money jare and even those my strong nurses who insult me every time I tell them to attend to a patient please increase theirs too what rubbish! How dare you people allow them to be in level 10 if possible skip to level 13 sef can you imagine nonsense. After 4 years

Sarcasm undecided
* 5 years
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
Fearcom:

When Doctors agitate for their rights, do they mention it in relation with what happens to JOHESU members?

Have Doctors not had reasons to seek redress on issues with hospital management on occasions?

Well I can't blame that u all feel like your relevance is attachhed to Doctors.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by KingTom(m): 12:30pm On Feb 18, 2016
drered:
* 5 years
Nurses
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by KingTom(m): 12:31pm On Feb 18, 2016
razortruth:
I am not a doctor nor a nurse but i know by experience that a patient's life is safer in the hands and care of nurses than all those lazy and quack doctors in all the teaching hospitals in nigeria. A lot of people have died and still dying because of carelessness of these doctors who cant even practice abroad because their licences will be seized and litigation by patients will send them to jail. Local champions
this is funny grin grin
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 18, 2016
AreaFada2:

True that any incessant disagreement is bad for heath care delivery. Doctors are also not paid that well compared to many countries.

But see it this way too. It is also in doctors' interest that everyone gets a fair pay, including JOHESU. But naturally, human wants are insatiable.

I guess the bad blood stems from the perception that doctor influence healthcare pay to their own advantage.

Here in UK, junior doctors do most of the work. Consultants are very few around during odd hours & weekend. Yet junior docs payment is fairly low.

Still, a house officer gets £30k just starting off and a nurse gets about £23/25k starting off.

Some so called junior doctors (with up to 15 years postgrad experience & registrar level) get up to 45/50k or more per year.

But striking now sometimes for more pay.

Hey, are the £30K and £25/23K monthly salaries?
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by samdes02(m): 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2016
razortruth:
It's ok when the chips are down please be sure to take your loved ones or even yourself to those "nurses" whom you are apparently safe with and leave the "lazy and quack doctors" alone for patients that actually value their services. Wish you wellness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by HaneefahRN(f): 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2016
[quote author=lolaed post=43030558]
No. They can't do it. And I am saying this from experience . I remember the case of a Matron who was asking a HO to administer an antihypertensive to a stroke patient with high BP. Of course to her, the BP had to come down. But,a medical Dr knows that the high BP was important in keeping that particular pt alive.
This I-also-know syndrome in Nurses in needs to be curbed. Everyone should understand their boundaries and stay at their own lane.

I work well with respectable nurses but I ensure boundaries when their attitude start to affect my job.I don't hate nurses. Maybe some like you have a good self esteem but some others would rather be called Doctors.

Of course, boundaries exist in the world for a purpose. But nobody should go about acting like we are the reason for their problems. Accept what your profession or level offers and have contentment or go get higher degrees. It is the simple truth.

The solution would be for the government to outsource the other Johesu members apart from the Nurses.[/quote

And I talked from experience too. And u think all MDs knw their onions? Think again. U're just talking. Know ur boundaries and responsibilities and stay off others lane, tht extends to u too. What attitudes? U av ur own attitudes too, we are all managing and tolerating ourselves so as to ensure gud outcomes.

Who are d policy makers? They are mostly Drs. About nurses issues, most of the problems come from the leaders or as I call them ' ceremonial heads'. Nurses are highly marginalized bt no, they shldn't just stay quiet and be contented. U ain't there u can't understand. Av a nice day.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Fearcom(m): 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2016
joyandfaith:

liar. post the pay slip so we can believe you.

Who is the liar, me or you? Either you're deceived, ignorant or You have come here to deceive people who don't know what is REALLY GOING ON in the health sector THE TRUTH will soon be exposed. When people like me who "know too much"(the truth) speak, other feel threatened. Why's that? Anyway that's normal.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by drered(m): 12:34pm On Feb 18, 2016
KingTom:
Nurses
Yep. Nd pharmacist and MLS. But you too blinded to see that ain't you..
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by HaneefahRN(f): 12:35pm On Feb 18, 2016
sarzy:

Hey, are the £30K and £25/23K monthly salaries?
yearly
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by francizy(m): 12:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
KingTom:
They have a point though I mean most of them went to school for four years just like other civil servants while we did 6 years (some 8 sef EY things) so why shouldn't they skip grade 10 i mean they are more important than other civil servants na, imagine a whole Biochemist after Four long years of school being compared to an ordinary Mass communication graduate, why should they be on the same level why should they when they both did 4 years in Uni who are these ones to compare themselves with the almighty JOHESU abeg make Una increase their money jare and even those my strong nurses who insult me every time I tell them to attend to a patient please increase theirs too what rubbish! How dare you people allow them to be in level 10 if possible skip to level 13 sef can you imagine nonsense. After 4 years

Sarcasm undecided

This is understandable if coming from Ophthalmologists, Pharmacists, Dentists, degree nurses with good experience, not them 4 years course guys.. grin cheesy

On a very good day, Engineers are supposed to earn more than them lab scientists, biochemists, microbiologists, etc, but since we only have bodies out there to take dues, then we gotta bear it..

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by KingTom(m): 12:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
drered:
Yep. Nd pharmacist and MLS. But you too blinded to see that ain't you..
Thats nice so they can skip level 10 and everything will be alright with the world right
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by samdes02(m): 12:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
[quote author=drered post=43031813] * 5 years[/quote
True sarcasm
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by KingTom(m): 12:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
francizy:

This is understandable if coming from Ophthalmologists, Pharmacists, Dentists, not them 4 years course guys.. grin cheesy

On a very good day, Engineers are supposed to earn more than them but sine we only have bodies out there to take dues, then we gotta bear it..
Una mumu na grin to be honest that sector is not being taken care of and it pains me embarassed
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 18, 2016
lolaed:

You don't seem to have gotten the context I based my comment on. Try and read the post I quoted again and know why I made that comment.
But you are wrong dear. EVeryone in the health sector is important but not equally. Doctors can easily do what Nurses do but definitely not while on the ward working as a doctor and can very well dispense drugs like a pharmacist does. Most of the lab procedures are well taught in medical school. In fact, we have had to reject some result interpretations as brought from laboratories on many occasions.

JOHESU don't only cry when they want to go on strike. They also cry on the wards, in the form of Nurses just to show their deep seated hatred and jealousy

Lol granted the legal backing, Nurses can do what doctors do too. I know nurses who run hospitals. My uncle for instance, he does c.s in his hospital illegally, and treats better than any doctor i know. So my dear, granted the legal backing, No one is irreplaceable
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Kassidy90(m): 12:41pm On Feb 18, 2016
otswag:
Here we go again. Another "JOHESU vs Medical Doctors" series of threads brewing. If its your right, use the law to defend your argument. Don't bring a lame excuse that because drs are paid this, u must be paid that. Plus, learn to stop painting drs in a bad image and misleading the public just to gain public sympathy for your cause.
Easy bro

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2016
DrAdonis:

Lol. Do your research well. Obama said if Nigerian doctors leave the US, it'll affect their health sector significantly. Nigerian doctors are known for their good works worldwide, even though there will be a bad few as it is worldwide. Most of them left this country because of bad working conditions and hate speech like yours. Please, change and urge the government to change too. Thanks.
I chose to respond to your comment simply because yours and few others are a little civilized and less crude and acidic, unlike others who are apparently "doctors" or their sympatizers. Their choice of gutter words aptly depicted their unbecoming attitudes towards their clients. But albit, you nor those laptop warriors who spend their entire call hour typing shit instead of attending to hurting patients didnt care to ask me why i made that comment. You conveniently branded it "hate speech" because none of your relatives have been a victim of a house officer or a careless doctor who either gave overdose or left to his house while on night call or was glued to a porn site until the patient packed up. NB: I withdraw the ealier generalization i innocuosly made. Sorry for that but certainly, too many of them are bad eggs. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by samdes02(m): 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2016
otswag:
Typical. When you have no point, revert back to insults ...lol. I'm not surprised. All mighty intelligent one indeed...lmao! Joker
You just confirmed it dude you're indeed a slow one

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 18, 2016
drered:
You're a dolt and don't take it as an insult because it is what you really are. That being said I'll correct some few assertions in the interest of the public. B. SC nurses are part of JOHESU. Nd the fact that you don't get the reason for the agitation has nullified every other point you've tried to make. Johesu isn't agitating for the same pay as doctors. They want relativity to be mantained and the margin gap reduced to what it was. Now you call other professionals mediocre for joining forces with mere lab technicians and the rest.. There was once relative unity in the health sector until doctors decided to form the nma with dentist to push for better pay and welfare effectively ignoring other members of the healthcare team. Now they chose to join forces and ensure every other person is duly represented and that's an issue for you. You see your god complex reeks from the hight heavens thinking you're better than everyone else and anything but you is sub. Another point you raised is pharmacists just dispense drugs. Yes. PHARMACIST WORKING IN HOSPITALS DISPENSE medicines but when they decided to do something about it by running the pharm. D programme that makes their practise much more clinically oriented. Who kicked against it? DOCTORS. So shut your hypocritical mouth and take the clog off your eyes. See you vibrating and spitting venom like you're making sense. Smh

grin

I'm above all the nonsense u typed. I also won't call u the neantherdal that you are
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
dokiOloye:
Nurses like to use ppl like him to shine and form doctor,but when they or their children get sick, they make sure they see a doctor,even if it's a house officer.

na so o.

Most of them come to our clinics and give birth on our hands but forget all that when the Johesu bell rings
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by HaneefahRN(f): 12:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
Fearcom:

God bless u, bt when these pple cry out, these same hypocrites will come asking, stupid lame questions like who do pple go to hospital to visit? And they think tht makes sense. A graduate nurse has to work for close to 10yrs b4 earning what an HO earns, yet when these pple cry out, they start saying they are jealous of Drs. They win cases in court the health ministers who are Drs refuse to pull it thru, when Drs win a case even b4 it lands it's already put into practice, if nt all their wants are answered they go back for strike. Then they tell Johesu to just shut up and nt compare cos they ain't Drs. They spent 6yrs + afterall and they are all so gud and perfect at work while others are lazy
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Fearcom(m): 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2016
lolaed:

When Doctors agitate for their rights, do they mention it in relation with what happens to JOHESU members?

Have Doctors not had reasons to seek redress on issues with hospital management on occasions?

Well I can't blame that u all feel like your relevance is attachhed to Doctors.

What is this one saying?

Okay oh, when doctors went on strike during Jonathan's tenure, why did they include the opposition of having FULL DIRECTORS WHO WEREN'T DOCTORS as part of their agitation? Why did they remove skipping (GRADE 10)from other health workers grade? And after this issue was fought and won, have they refused to implement the court order? Why did they go on strike, saying that since other health workers enjoy skipping, they too should enjoy skipping? Why did they oppose other health workers to become consultants, when this issue of other health workers becoming consultants is the norm in several places in the world? Why are they opposed to the career progression of other health workers. WHY?
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2016
dokiOloye:
do these paramedics U talked about do calls?
Is it not shift duty they do and often get one week off every month while d doctor on call works 24hrs and is expected to immediately join his unit for work d following day by 8am wtout having had a bath and sometimes not even having d chance to brush his mouth.

They pretend not to see all of these.
Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by francizy(m): 12:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
KingTom:
Una mumu na grin to be honest that sector is not being taken care of and it pains me embarassed

Hehehehehe, on a very good day, if all powder metallurgy firms, polymer, ceramic, composite, biotechnology, nanotechnology, steel, aluminium, mining, mineral processing , etc industries, world over should fold up, you'll in the health sector are in deep shiiit.. That's just my field alone oh, I never even add electrical, electronics, computer, mechanical, engineers oh...

So better respect us before I tear you Okija slap! angry angry angry

On a very good day, me know say na Lab scientists them go dey ginger this whole thing pass, as in na them go carry the matter for head like agege bread. Cuz the kind importance way these people dey attach to themselves pass that of all professions for Nigeria as a whole... grin grin grin

Shebi new testing techniques such as Real-time PCR don comot, soon some of them go begin gnash teeth especially when them no go upgrade... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike by Ebimablog: 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2016
Chartey:

You're intelligent so don't do this.
The problem graduate nurses have in Nigeria is mainly from the leaders of your professional body who started their careers without degrees. They're the ones in antagonism of service improvement for graduate nurses because they feel "these small children will start earning close to our salary now and start doing shakara".

This is one reason i do not comment on issue like this.The problem i think other health professional have is the Proliferation of useless Certificates even in the 21st century.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Difficulty In Getting Placements for Internship In Nigeria / World AIDS Day: HIV And AIDS Facts, Key Points & Statistics In Nigeria / Top 10 Fertility Myths Debunked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.