Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,687 members, 7,823,938 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? (15926 Views)

Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality / Why Do Atheists Hate God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Ghost01(m): 9:36am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

Haaan, it is our belief it our lives, your belief your life, after all said and done, energy expended, time taken, nobody shifts a notch, nobody learns, nobody get entertained, then why the stress?
Your "belief" proselytizes, agressively. Saying it's "your belief your life" is like saying it's "Boko Haram's belief and it's members' lives". It affects all of us, directly!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 9:40am On Feb 23, 2016
Ghost01:
Your "belief" proselytizes, agressively. Saying it's "your belief your life" is like saying it's "Boko Haram's belief and it's members' lives". It affects all of us, directly!

Does it in anyway threaten you? The peace of the country?? Your pocket

I believe it is wrong to eat groundnut on Fridays, does that add a link to your bank account?? Does it cure you're sickness?? Does it make the country a better place??

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 9:48am On Feb 23, 2016
Ghost01:
There's zika virus out there with its devastating effect on foetuses and new-borns. Your church is preaching against using contraceptives and abortion to tackle the disaster and you are still wondering why we keep talking about your religion?

You religion does not tolerate LGBT people and you still wonder why we won't keep mute?

Your religion taxes people, reducing their purchasing power with its attendant effect on the economy and you are still wondering?

Your religion fuels wars and genocides and you are still asking why we keep discussing your god?

We'll stop when people see your religion for what it is.

When did the "church" say no to contraceptives?? A link would suffice.

So it is only our religion that doesn't tolerate LGBT peeps, do I need to remind you that some LGBT practice Christianity??

The tithes they collect, was it collected at gun point??

How does our religion fuel war and genocides??

Discussing our "God" won't take us anywhere, as I said earlier, we do this all the time, come online, say A, B, C and D, in the end, look back at the post, you gain nothing, you loose nothing, time and energy becomes wasted and we do that all year round.

When did the "church" say no to contraceptives??
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Ghost01(m): 9:56am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

Does it in anyway threaten you? The peace of the country?? Your pocket

I believe it is wrong to eat groundnut on Fridays, does that add a link to your bank account?? Does it cure you're sickness?? Does it make the country a better place??
An abused wife decides to stick to her marriage because her pastor says it's for better for worse and ultimately has her life taken away from her by the abusive husband and you think that doesn't affect me?

Couples refuse to use contraceptives or engage in abortion because their religion says not to and as a result they flood the society with kids beyond their capacity and you think that doesn't affect me?

Your religion preaches hate against unbelievers and you think that doesn't threaten me?

Your pastor was in church celebrating a rigged election and you think I shouldn't react to that?

C'mon!
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 10:03am On Feb 23, 2016
Ghost01:
An abused wife decides to stick to her marriage because her pastor says it's for better for worse and ultimately has her life taken away from her by the abusive husband and you think that doesn't affect me?

Couples refuse to use contraceptives or engage in abortion because their religion says not to and as a result they flood the society with kids beyond their capacity and you think that doesn't affect me?

Your religion preaches hate against unbelievers and you think that doesn't threaten me?

Your pastor was in church celebrating a rigged election and you think I shouldn't react to that?

C'mon!

Lol, please cite examples ooo, Christians don't divorce/ separate on DV issues anymore??

Ok, what you're saying is Christians don't use contraceptives?? Ok, all Christian homes you've seen have at least 6 kids or they just avoid Sex completely till they are ready for conception? Reason am well na...

How do we preach hate against the unbelievers??

I'm still waiting for the link where the church preached against use of contraceptives ooo.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Ghost01(m): 10:05am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

When did the "church" say no to contraceptives?? A link would suffice.

So it is only our religion that doesn't tolerate LGBT peeps, do I need to remind you that some LGBT practice Christianity??

The tithes they collect, was it collected at gun point??

How does our religion fuel war and genocides??

Discussing our "God" won't take us anywhere, as I said earlier, we do this all the time, come online, say A, B, C and D, in the end, look back at the post, you gain nothing, you loose nothing, time and energy becomes wasted and we do that all year round.

When did the "church" say no to contraceptives??

" The Catholic Church believes that artificial
contraception is sinful and immoral and may
frustrate a divine plan to bring a new life into
the world. Instead of using birth control
methods such as the pill, IUDs, diaphragms,
and condoms, Catholics can use Natural Family
Planning (NFP) techniques."

www.dummies.com/how-to/content/the-catholic-church-and-contraception.html
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 10:23am On Feb 23, 2016
Ghost01:

We are speaking in light of the Zika issue??

It is so easy for you to throw up the "rules" of Catholicism at our faces (my sincere apologies to any Catholic reading this), how about the stance of the Orthodox churches?
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by HardMirror(m): 10:45am On Feb 23, 2016
Ghost01:

I hope from your conversation with opeaceo, you can see why the only thing I derive from christian arguments is amusement. They are so clueless and ready to defend their stance even if they sound silly. Religion has nothing to do with rationality. Most of them don't know anything outside what they get from their pastors. Imagine not knowing the catholic church is against contraceptives and abortion. Imagine not knowing many endure abusive marriages all because of the church's stance.
Well I have said it before, just mess around with them intellectually and enjoy the daft response they give, while smiling to yourself. That is what I do

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 10:46am On Feb 23, 2016
HardMirror:

I hope from your conversation with opeaceo, you can see why the only thing I derive from christian arguments is amusement. They are so clueless and ready to defend their stance even if they sound silly. Religion has nothing to do with rationality. Most of them don't know anything outside what they get from their pastors. Imagine not knowing the catholic church is against contraceptives and abortion. Imagine not knowing many endure abusive marriages all because of the church's stance.
Well I have said it before, just mess around with them intellectually and enjoy the daft response they give, while smiling to yourself. That is what I do

Would you please stop mentioning me, do I owe you or something??
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Ghost01(m): 11:03am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

We are speaking in light of the Zika issue??

It is so easy for you to throw up the "rules" of Catholicism at our faces (my sincere apologies to any Catholic reading this), how about the stance of the Orthodox churches?
"As the Zika virus spreads in Latin America, Catholic leaders are warning women against using contraceptives or having abortions, even as health officials in some countries are advising women not to get pregnant because of the risk of birth defects.

'Contraceptives are not a solution,'
said Bishop Leonardo Ulrich Steiner ,
the secretary general of the National
Council of Bishops of Brazil, and an
auxiliary bishop of Brasília, in an
interview. 'There is not a single
change in the church’s position.' "

www.nytimes.com/2016/02/14/world/americas/catholic-leaders-say-zika-doesnt-change-ban-on-contraception.html
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 11:09am On Feb 23, 2016
Ghost01:
"As the Zika virus spreads in Latin America, Catholic leaders are warning women against using contraceptives or having abortions, even as health officials in some countries are advising women not to get pregnant because of the risk of birth defects.

'Contraceptives are not a solution,'
said Bishop Leonardo Ulrich Steiner ,
the secretary general of the National
Council of Bishops of Brazil, and an
auxiliary bishop of Brasília, in an
interview. 'There is not a single
change in the church’s position.' "

www.nytimes.com/2016/02/14/world/americas/catholic-leaders-say-zika-doesnt-change-ban-on-contraception.html

Here we go again, the "Catholicism", it seems you're indebted to them or vice versa??

S, you should know better.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by HardMirror(m): 11:23am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

Would you please stop mentioning me, do I owe you or something??
I am jobless just like you. Have you forgotten? And I really like you. Don't you like the attention?
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by HardMirror(m): 11:30am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

Here we go again, the "Catholicism", it seems you're indebted to them or vice versa??

Ghost01 we need an answer to this. Does the catholic church owe you, or you are indebted to them, as this my little girl claims?
Just look at this response, so lacking of intellectual credit
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 11:38am On Feb 23, 2016
HardMirror:

Ghost01 we need an answer to this. Does the catholic church owe you, or you are indebted to them, as this my little girl claims?
Just look at this response, so lacking of intellectual credit

Christ!! and if he chooses not to answer?? Would you beat him up since you're a senior??
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 11:40am On Feb 23, 2016
HardMirror:

I am jobless just like you. Have you forgotten?
And I really like you.
Don't you like the attention?

I am far from being jobless, I don't like the attention whatsoever, PLEASE, act as if I don't exist, it would do us good.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by HardMirror(m): 11:52am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

I am far from being jobless, I don't like the attention whatsoever, PLEASE, act as if I don't exist, it would do us good.
Where do you work? wink
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by HardMirror(m): 11:54am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

Christ!! and if he chooses not to answer?? Would you beat him up since you're a senior??
He has the right not to answer, you are the one that accuse him of owing the church or the church owing him instead of addressing the points he raised.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by orisa37: 12:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
Christ is The Faith that Atheist wish to forget. Christ is The Issue that Atheist wish to make a non issue.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Ghost01(m): 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

50% of Christians in the world are Catholics. So while a backyard denomination in an African corner is just as "deadly" - if not more so, the Catholic Church has the broader reach. Shay you now grab?

BTW, I hope you saw the thread on the frontpage about the pastor who is now asking his church members to sow seeds in dollars. Religion is one huge comic show! grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Weah96: 12:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
orisa37:
Christ is The Faith that Atheist wish to forget. Christ is The Issue that Atheist wish to make a non issue.

Atheists rescued from Islam don't give a FUK about Jesus, only the ones who were rescued from Christianity do. Go through Ayaan Hirsi Ali's book and see how many times she mentioned Jesus or Christians.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 12:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ghost01:
50% of Christians in the world are Catholics. So while a backyard denomination in an African corner is just as "deadly" - if not more so, the Catholic Church has the broader reach. Shay you now grab?

BTW, I hope you saw the thread on the frontpage about the pastor who is now asking his church members to sow seeds in dollars. Religion is one huge comic show! grin

Suddenly, the Catholic body has become a mouth piece for all other Christians?? You never talk true.

For that thread, because someone from a tribe rapes a minor, it doesn't necessarily mean all others from the tribes are rapist and paedophiles.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by orisa37: 2:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
She was a drop out student of Mary Magdalene.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 23, 2016
ronald4lif:
Perhaps Christians are the most loquacious and silly sets of believers who argues sheepishly without any facts but scriptural passages? undecided
Well said smiley .. but the insults tho embarassed
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Ghost01(m): 2:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

Suddenly, the Catholic body has become a mouth piece for all other Christians?? You never talk true.

For that thread, because someone from a tribe rapes a minor, it doesn't necessarily mean all others from the tribes are rapist and paedophiles.
What are you saying? Are you saying not all churches ask for tithes and offerings?

Your god is against LGBT and if what in your bible is to be believed, he committed genocide against a people just to prove that point. There are numerous examples like that. So what are you saying?
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 3:07pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ghost01:
What are you saying? Are you saying not all churches ask for tithes and offerings?

Your god is against LGBT and if what in your bible is to be believed, he committed genocide against a people just to prove that point. There are numerous examples like that. So what are you saying?

Holly Molly, So you think all churches believe in the tithes thingy?? Oga, expand your knowledge.

This thread is 6 pages gone, nothing learnt, I wasn't entertained, what else....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
Amberon:
Did Christ criticize people's beliefs? No! Christianity is the religion with the highest level of tolerance. USA, Canada and UK are the most welcoming and liberal Nations in the world and theyre all christian Nations. The South of Nigeria is another example.

You mentioned that the UK is a Christian country, can you show this forum how UK is a Christian country?

By what metrics did you reach your conclusion?
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
Amberon:
Lmao... Atheists tho. How exactly is it criticism to Tell the Truth the away it is Sir? is there a NEW meaning for that word?

The problem is that we atheists are actually telling you Christians the truth that religion is an illusion

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Tellemall: 3:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
onetrack:

Plenty of us atheists attack other religions, particularly Islam. You just have to look a bit harder.

By the way, we don't attack Christians, we attack Christianity. There is a difference.

Atheists problem is Christians and Christianity.

You always have a grouse with the Christian creation theory and that's why you all subscribe to the big bang theory. That's a belief, though.

You always have a problem when religious people attack gays. The only religious people who are constantly criticized for doing so, with bible quotes are Christians. It seems no other religion is against it. It seems only Christians are against gays. It seems atheists are biased.

Whenever there is a call to fight religion by atheists, you all pick up your paddles and go whacking away at Christians. Are Christians the only religious people on the earth? Do other theists not disagree with atheists? Why always pick on Christianity?

Whenever there is a Christian thread proclaiming a miracle of sorts, atheists must be present. They can't even dare comment rabidly in the Mohammedan section the way they disrespectfully and daftly come after Christians. Why? Are Christians the only religious people?

Anytime there is something to condemn, even if Buddhists are airing their views, the atheist will come in so pained, so wounded, so incensed, so miserable and begin the attack on the Christians. Why?

Speechless3 has a very good point.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Ghost01(m): 8:07pm On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

Holly Molly, So you think all churches believe in the tithes thingy?? Oga, expand your knowledge.

This thread is 6 pages gone, nothing learnt, I wasn't entertained, what else....

Mention a church that doesn't squeeze its members for money and I promise I'll take a one-week break from NL.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
Ghost01:
Mention a church that doesn't squeeze its members for money and I promise I'll take a one-week break from NL.

1. Stewardship Ministries

2. Healing Wings Christian Fellowship

3. Latter rain Assembly ( I'm not too sure of this).

4. The Church of Christ
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Amberon: 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
I suppose mars and Pluto are optical illusions. By the way you're the chief illusion since I've never met you. Obviously you're just a figment of my imagination.
GeneralShepherd:

The problem is that we atheists are actually telling you Christians the truth that religion is an illusion

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Amberon: 8:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
Its like saying South Africa isn't a "black country". I ask, what is the population of Christians in the UK in relation to the Muslims or people of other religions?
GeneralShepherd:

You mentioned that the UK is a Christian country, can you show this forum how UK is a Christian country?

By what metrics did you reach your conclusion?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Touch Not My Anointed / As Christians, What Does It Truly Mean By No Sex Before Marriage? / Exposed; Jesus Christ, The Greatest Lie Ever Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.