Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison (39807 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Vs Wale Edun / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Pictured With Chidiogo Akunyili, Daughter Of Late Dora / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by omonnakoda: 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:
[s][/s]

Where were you when governors demanded the money the prudent NOI saved be shared?
I already addressed that they demanded their share which was less than 30% The FG gets 52% Why did she not save the FG share.

Te governors demand was nothing strange they were demanding that she OBEY the constitution simple. The FG gets 52% of the federation account monies. If there was a surplus in the budget then why did the FG spend that surplus. The State governors can ONLY demand to receive their Lawful share they are not babies.They can save by themselves.

But you see it did not end there she spent it all and even BORROWED MORE TO SPEND was that the state governors' doing.?

That she has borrowed more than any Finance Minister in our history?

We all remember additional borrowing for arms which we now know what happened to

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by eyeview: 4:03pm On Feb 21, 2016
Without trying to be tribalistic,but its aalmost impossible for a yoruba person to support another person against their sister,even when the facts are glaring.
How can anyone compare NOI with the minor? Even Kemi herself will vote for NOI.
Anyway,we wish the economy well under this APC govt. They should stop pointing to the past and for the first time try pointing at the present and the future

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 4:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:
[s][/s]

Where were you when governors demanded the money the prudent NOI saved be shared?

How did Ngozi manage FG's 52%? Abi governors stole that one too?

Lalasticlala food dey burn o..

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by oduastates: 4:08pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:

Obasanjo recently said he wanted NOI to be Buhari's deputy. If you Ieave tribe outta it, you'd realise Kemi is poor man's Iweala.

Obasanjo is a Neo liberal capitalist . Proper proper far right in term of economics . Iweala is the same
His entire existence is based on keeping Nigeria one and the structure of the country the same by playing silly silly selection games to assuage tribal feelings .
His economics is top-down with him and his friends at the top of the pyramid .
After Shagari , Yar Adua and Jonathan , take obasanjo's judgement seriously , at your own risk.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by baby124: 4:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
It looks like NOI is not happy going back to being a regular employee. After all the paparazzi. The desperation from her goons is hilarious. Is minister of finance NOI's father's throne? Kemi is there now, move on. When we had a windfall what did NOI do? How did she invest the FX we had? How did she do due diligence to make sure budgets were being implemented and making the necessary impact on the economy. Where are the indicators of plans she made as minister. If she did any planning, we will not be where we are now. So let her enjoy her new job as a regular employee, instead of a power hungry troglodyte

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by oduastates: 4:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
baby124:
It looks like NOI is not happy going back to being a regular employee. After all the paparazzi. The desperation from her goons is hilarious. Is minister of finance NOI's father's throne? Kemi is there now, move on. When we had a windfall what did NOI do? How did she invest the FX we had? How did she do due diligence to make sure budgets were being implemented and making the necessary impact on the economy. Where are the indicators of plans she made as minister. If she did any planning, we will not be where we are now. So let her enjoy her new job as a regular employee, instead of a power hungry troglodyte

whose idea was it to hand dollar debit card to Nigerians?
The country does not want to learn how to crawl at all

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by jamesibor: 4:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
Passingshot, Obiagelli and LRNZH,

Is it the same Kemi Adeosun who administered the finances of a state that had to ask for and receive bailout from the Federal Govt.?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by oduastates: 4:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:

And Kemi has done wonders since assuming office abi?
I know which finance minister I prefer at this time of oil glut.

Well oil is down and Nigeria is still ticking along just fine
States are getting their money even if it is not up to boom era money .
MInd you, by the time oil was selling at $80 a barrel , madam Ngozi had already completely lost control of the economy .
The government was bleeding and dying of a thousand cut.

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by PassingShot(m): 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
jamesibor:

Is it the same Kemi Adeosun who administered the finances of a state that had to ask for and receive bailout from the Federal Govt.?
Are we talking of the same Iweala who couldn't mange surplus earnings such that the FG had to borrow to pay salaries of her workers in March and April of 2015?

8 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by jamesibor: 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
oduastates:

Well oil is down and Nigeria is still ticking along just fine
States are getting their money even if it is not up to boom era money .
MInd you, by the time oil was selling at $80 a barrel , madam Ngozi had already completely lost control of the economy .
The government was bleeding and dying of a thousand cut.

Yea, Nigeria is ticking along fine......

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
jamesibor:

See what Bismark Rewane had to say about Kemi as finance commissioner

Bismarck Rewane, head of Financial Derivatives Co., a consultancy in Lagos, described Adeosun’s appointment as an “excellent choice,” saying she had turned around the financial position of Ogun state when she served as finance commissioner.
“Ogun state was in shambles, she put the state finances in strong position,” he said by phone. “She did a remarkable thing taking the state revenue from a negative position to a positive level.”
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-11/nigeria-s-buhari-appoints-kemi-adeosun-as-finance-minister

I am sure more facts of her stewardship in Ogun State will emerge as we discuss.

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by jamesibor: 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

See what Bismark Rewane had to say about Kemi

Bismarck Rewane, head of Financial Derivatives Co., a consultancy in Lagos, described Adeosun’s appointment as an “excellent choice,” saying she had turned around the financial position of Ogun state when she served as finance commissioner.
“Ogun state was in shambles, she put the state finances in strong position,” he said by phone. “She did a remarkable thing taking the state revenue from a negative position to a positive level.”
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-11/nigeria-s-buhari-appoints-kemi-adeosun-as-finance-minister

I am sure more facts of her stewardship in Ogun State will emerge as we discuss.

If putting a state in the state of having to ask for and actually receiving bail out is a turnaround, I give up.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by DeadWrong: 4:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
able20:
Only a fool will compare dat little girl kemi to Madam Okonjo .it's like cat. Vs. Lion
I think you're the fool here! Pray tell how ngozshi turned the fortunes of Nigerians around even at a time when oil sold at the highest price in history - $110/bbl. Your ngoshi couldn't turn the fortune of Nigeria around in a period of oil boom, and all bigots could think of is to bring her again to come finish what she started I.e. destroy the economy.
I challenge you to list significant achievements of Ngoshi in the last regime. Joke is you!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by jamesibor: 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

This is what the Economist had to say about Kemi;

“However, the new finance minister, an accountant who cleaned up the books of one of Nigeria’s smaller states, is poorly qualified for the job."

http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21678776-after-six-months-nigerias-president-no-longer-leads-alone-work-last

9 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by OfoIgbo: 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
Kemi, otherwise known as the Iweala wannabe, who was a part of the most fraudulent budget, ever conceived in Nigeria. It will also seem she is Maths challenged

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

Some people think Ogun just became a hub overnight, someone did the hardwork silently.

8 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by oduastates: 4:49pm On Feb 21, 2016
jamesibor:

Yea, Nigeria is ticking along fine......

Yes you can blame Obama for bush's mess .
We lost close 200000 construction jobs in 2014 ,
Over 150,000 banking jobs in 2011 at the height of a boom .
I repeat , we are ticking along just fine . The country is caught up in the tail-wind of Jonathan/ Iweala mismanagement and corruption .
Once we exit the tail wind, you will see what real growth means

8 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
jamesibor:

This is what the Economist had to say about Kemi;

“However, the new finance minister, an accountant who cleaned up the books of one of Nigeria’s smaller states, is poorly qualified for the job."

http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21678776-after-six-months-nigerias-president-no-longer-leads-alone-work-last

In fact, this is the link I was looking for. Thanks for making my point.

Look at the bolded. She "cleaned up Ogun State's books". Even The Economist (TE) admitted that.

Now ask yourself why TE thinks she's poorly qualified as finance minister? We are guessing it's because she has not worked in a Bretton-Woods institution like the World Bank of IMF. Meanwhile we can see how Ngozi who is one of their own failed at the same job.

That is just westerners believing that only themselves understand Economics. Did the Chinese rely on any of these Western country to grow itself?

Let us not allow inferiority complex direct our thinking.

cc: Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, OAM4J, Mynd44, dukie25

10 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by oduastates: 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

In fact, this is the link I was looking for. Thanks for making my point.

Look at the bolded. She cleaned up Ogun State's books. Even The Economist (TE) admitted that.

Now ask yourself why TE thinks she's poorly qualified? We are guessing it's because she has not worked in a Bretton-Woods institution like the World Bank of IMF. That is just westerners believing that only themselves understand Economics. Did the Chinese rely in any of these Western country to grow itself?

Let us not allow inferiority complex direct our thinking.
In other words , they do not like the fact that Buhari is not allowing our money to fly out of our coffers
A hit job .
It might interest you that they said almost exactly the same thing in 1984.
However 1984 happened to be the only year in the 80s that Nigeria was able to pay for all her imports without borrowing from foreign banks

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by jamesibor: 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
oduastates:

Yes you can blame Obama for bush's mess .
We lost close 200000 construction jobs in 2014 ,
Over 150,000 banking jobs in 2011 at the height of a boom .
I repeat , we are ticking along just fine . The country is caught up in the tail-wind of Jonathan/ Iweala mismanagement and corruption .
Once we exit the tail wind, you will see what real growth means

Keep consoling yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by SonOfEl(m): 5:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
PassingShot:
Even without watching the video, I will take Kemi or any other person in preference for the overhyped NOI.

Where was NOI who was the coordinating minister for the economy when Dasuki, CBN, Diezanni and those thieves masquerading as Service Chiefs were busy swallowing our common wealth?

Where was the paper heavy weight finance expert when tax relief and waivers were granted on luxury goods imported into the country?

Where was she when our SWF and ECA were being depleted?

If she had any honor while she held sway, she would have resigned honorably than watch on helplessly.

Ngizi was a scam!

Look who's talking...its not your fault. Suddenly you want to compare kemi to Ngozi....your tenth generation before and after you cannot match up to her competence. That was what you lobsters said concerning oteh as well, but today, posterity has shamed you all.

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 5:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
oduastates:

In other words , they do not like the fact that Buhari is not allowing our money to fly out of our coffers
A hit job .
It might interest you that they said almost exactly the same thing in 1984.
However 1984 happened to be the only year in the 80s that Nigeria was able to pay for all her imports without borrowing from foreign banks

The painful thing about Buhari's austerity measures in 1984 is that it did not have enough time like SAP to either bear fruits or fail woefully. It was truncated in less than 2 years by IBB. We can never predict the outcome.

SAP, we can conclude that it failed because we had 8 full years of its implementation.

Look at countries that became self sufficient like Singapore and China. They took over 20 years to implement their home-grown economic policies.

So, when anyone points to 1984 as an example of a failed policy, I do not take them serious.

6 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by MayorofLagos(m): 5:14pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Performance is measured on scorecard metrics over a service term, not on 10mins presentation.

If you want true comparison on image, then go and bring NOI video on her first term under Obasanjo and at the end of her first two months in office. That will give us true and fair comparison of the two at the same spot in their service.

You agree?

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by MayorofLagos(m): 5:18pm On Feb 21, 2016
Only thing I will even criticize Adeosun for is she has a poor and unpolished cultural outlook of herself. Zero cultural self worth!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 5:20pm On Feb 21, 2016
MayorofLagos:

Performance is measured on scorecard metrics over a service term, not on 10mins presentation.

If you want true comparison on image, then go and bring NOI video on her first term under Obasanjo and at the end of her first two months in office. That will give use true and fair comparison of the two at the spot in their service.

You agree?

You are spot on with your first comment.

The thread is a simple video comparison. If you have worked in a big firm before or managed a business, you should know that many times, a ten minutes presentation is all you have to sell your ideas.
Never undermine the power of that short time window. However, it was commenters that expanded the discussions to economic management.

That said, the metrics that we have looked at shows that Ngozi was finance minister under generous conditions of high oil price. Under OBJ she performed OK but was sacked in the end. Under GEJ, when oil prices were at their highest, she saved barely anything. She did not lead efforts to diversify the economy or fight corruption.

In the end, Kemi, I would rate higher than Ngozi. Kemi has held a smaller portfolio so far but performed in all. Ngozi with her larger experience failed Nigeria.

I hope we are clear now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by MayorofLagos(m): 5:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

The thread is a simple video comparison. If you have worked in a big firm before or managed a business, you should know that many times, a ten minutes presentation is all you have to sell your ideas.
Never undermine the power of that short window. However, it was commenters that expanded the discussions to economic management.

That said, the metrics that we have looked at shows that Ngozi was finance minister under generous conditions of high oil price. Under OBJ she performed OK but was sacked in the end. Under GEJ, when oilmprices were at their highest, she saved barely anything. She did not lead efforts diversify the economy or fight corruption.

In the end, Kemi, I would rate higher than Ngozi. Kemi has held a smaller portfolio so far but performed in all. Ngozi with her larger experience failed Nigeria.

I hope we are clear now.

Yes boss, we are clear, trust me!

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by MayorofLagos(m): 5:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:

Obasanjo recently said he wanted NOI to be Buhari's deputy. If you Ieave tribe outta it, you'd realise Kemi is poor man's Iweala.

Did you read how Soludo was appointed to CBN?

In fact, do you know why Obasanjo was generous to Ibos in his regime?

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by MayorofLagos(m): 5:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

This your statement is a problem for me on many levels.

Look at the history of people OBJ has imposed on Nigerians when he is not in power.

Shagari, Yar'adua, GEJ.... And you want to bring up Ngozi.

They usually have one K-leg or the other from incompetence, illness or lack of integrity. OBJ looks for those he feels he can control because he identifies their weaknesses.

If you read OBJ's statement in his book where he brought up Ngozi as VP, he made a comment about her weaknesses that needed a firm leader to manage.

VPs are supposed to be leaders that can lead on their own without any management from a firm leader if the need arises. OBJ disqualified Ngozi with that statement.

Finally, the same OBJ sacked her as his Finance Minister.

Who is this bad boy? 'm fallaw dis nyggah hian!
Boss, you killed it, YOU KILLED IT.MEHN!!

Dang! All yanmiris should.come and bow to this guy. This is the real gburugburu in case yall dont know! cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 5:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
MayorofLagos:

Who is this bad boy? 'm fallaw dis nyggah hian!
Boss, you killed it, YOU KILLED IT.MEHN!!

Dang! All yanmiris should.come and bow to this guy. This is the real gburugburu in case yall dont know! cheesy cheesy

Lol. Oga mi. Thanks for the compliments. Abeg leave tribalism out. Thanks one again.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by tomzman: 6:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

Never undermine the power of that short window. However, it was commenters that expanded the discussions to economic management.

That said, the metrics that we have looked at shows that Ngozi was finance minister under generous conditions of high oil price. Under OBJ she performed OK but was sacked in the end. Under GEJ, when oil prices were at their highest, she saved barely anything. She did not lead efforts diversify the economy or fight corruption.

I hope we are clear now.
Comments like this gives me the assurance that there are still some reasonable people on this forum. Respect!

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by wristbangle: 6:18pm On Feb 21, 2016
able20:
Only a fool will compare dat little girl kemi to Madam Okonjo .it's like cat. Vs. Lion

The frustrated lion could not even hold the economy during oil boom.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON / Peter Obi Carries His Own Bag As He Lands In Akwa Ibom (Pictures) / Photos From The Launch Of Bayo Omoboriowo's Book "Buhari, A New Beginning"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.