Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison (39806 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Vs Wale Edun / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Pictured With Chidiogo Akunyili, Daughter Of Late Dora / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Eromsboy: 6:42pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:

Obasanjo recently said he wanted NOI to be Buhari's deputy. If you Ieave tribe outta it, you'd realise Kemi is poor man's Iweala.

Were you at the meeting or event where Obasanjo said is?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Ugosample(m): 6:42pm On Feb 21, 2016
madridsta007:

I think your comment is quite inaccurate and hence unfair.

*NOI advised the government that some money should be kept aside as the oil prices may come down in the future. That is being proactive.
*NOI actually kept money aside following GEJ's approval. That is taking action.
*NOI was attacked by the governors-led by the APC governors and present APC chieftains who took her and the FG to court for withholding their money despite the warnings from the World Bank, IMF, CBN, NBS and NOI about impending oil prices doom.
*The Governors won the case in court and squandered what was released to them.
*NOI still kept the money accrued from then FG in the ECA.
*Buhari came and these same largely APC governors came and wailed that they did not have money to pay staff salaries.
*Buhari, who had claimed had met nothing on ground, did not probe these governors on their squandering habits and shared the money that NOI stored in the ECA.

Now Nigerians want to blame NOI. You see how silly many Nigerians are? Unless we leave out sentiments from national issues, we would be going around the same vicious circle, every time.

Thank you!!!!!
I have captured these points in my own post a little earlier.

Now I believe more than ever that people get the leaders they deserve.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Boyooosa(m): 6:42pm On Feb 21, 2016
You cant compare somebody that has taken Gin to the one that took just Bottled water na.... cant you see their tables?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by banmee(m): 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
Obiagelli:

Some people think Ogun just became a hub overnight, someone did the hardwork silently.

Ogun state's proximity to Lagos is what you should thank. Plus, the fact that Ogun is in the west, which means it benefited from Awolowo's push for free education.

P.S I have not heard that name in decades. "Obiagelli". I just had nolstagic memories of our head girl when i was in high school. Incredibly brilliant. Lol. . .

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by kumakunta: 6:44pm On Feb 21, 2016
grandstar:

And during the 8years, the economy grew by 7% yearly and no one was talking about dollar shortages the way the British talk about their weather.

Her primary sin was that she did not cry out over the unprecedented corruption happening under her nose probably because she felt it would be counterproductive. What happened to Sanusi when he blew the whistle? Simply replaced with a more compliant person!

Why won't economy grow when she sold oil above 100dollar? Infact it shoudl have witnessed better growth. Even the 7percent growth we doubt,coz the common man didn't feel it. We still had to borrow to pay salaries in 2015.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Ugosample(m): 6:44pm On Feb 21, 2016
rozayx5:

the question that lrnzh and passingshot always run from

at the head of those who demanded that money is the current transport minister cheesy

They should answer this question.

Those guys are just jokers.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
Without basing my opinion on the video, I'd say that Kemi is building a career with her present appointment while Ngozi is already established and had nothing to prove in her Nigeria assignment.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by ogunsbanjul(m): 6:46pm On Feb 21, 2016
Without be partisan or tribalistic Kemi is far better than Ngozi. Ngozi should have been useful as a trade minister than finance minister. A sick person during a sensitive discussion(tension) what a shame. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by eLcastro(m): 6:49pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

[b]It depends on what you mean with that question.
Read my earlier posts carefully. I will repeat myself one more time.

On the economy, Ngozi is far from a success for me. In times of plenty she did not do the needful in diversifying the economy, saving enough or fighting corruption. Kemi I cannot judge yet because her tenure is in its infancy. But I know for sure that Kemi has a more difficult job with the current state of the economy.
If Ngozi could not handle good times satisfactorily how can she handle worse times? Ngozi is a failure. Kemi I do not know yet.

State government finances are hardly a good judge of how a finance minister will perform at the national level because states in Nigeria are mostly reliant on monthly allocations. It is more of book keeping.
But let's wait for someone that knows better on her state stewardship to enlighten us.

This thread is about how they performed facing NASS committees. Kemi wins this one. It was not a press briefing as you stated.
[/b]
lol...u cannot judge yet den y put out diz...pipo b sayin oil boom era.,do a simple market analysis...btwn d 2 era's...wen oil boomed nd nw oil has fallen...u wil knw which minister is wrkin....btw pms is supposed 2 b at most #37 nw..so wia r d xcess goin.? try 2 think.,else u wil b in scammin process nd stl claimin wise man
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by modath(f): 6:49pm On Feb 21, 2016
anonimi:

Have you asked the 36 governors who insisted on sharing the JOINT Federation Account and the ECA

Let's agree the 36 govs forced hero's hands & they took out the state's share from the ECA, what happened to the FG's share nah? Did it Evaporate? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by manakocha(m): 6:51pm On Feb 21, 2016
coordinating + supervising no be small tin nahh. Thank God for given us PMB. If not we wouldn't have had this eloquent, zealous & intelligent Kemi. pls send Iweala a clip.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by madridsta007(m): 6:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
Comparing Harvard and University of East London together?

The first in the world and the second to the last in the UK?

You people are funny. Stop making life more difficult for Kemi than it already is. Did you see her in a video, adding N6bn and N16bn and saying it is N24bn?

I thought finance ministers are always, highly numerate?

6 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by papparatzzi2013: 6:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
Have we all forgotten that Madam Ngozi was the Prime Minister under GEJ, as the Co-ordinating Minister. She practically had all powers a much as the President by overseeing all ministries.

That woman failed woeful. She is either an agent of the neo-colonialist that were hell bent in seeing the demise of the blossoming emerging economies of the BRICS or she was simply a paper economist.

Her first tenure achievements has elucidated by Soludo, was the work of a team of Muktar, Soludo, El Rufai, Moghalu and NOI. With the team not in place in her 2nd sojourn as the Min of Finance an dCo-oridnating Minister, she was totally clueless.

Kemi, inconjunction with FIRS, will increase the revenue of the country. We can see it and feel it already. She might not increase our capacity to earn FX, but definitely Nigeria will not be broke and we shall be better off than the mess NOI left behind.

Kemi, with the anti-corruption war of Mr President, will definitely bring sanity into civil service and procurement process.

NOI came with a name and left behind an econom in ruins. kemi definitely do not have the pedigree but she will deliver. I careless abot pedigree once she delivers.]

]I will judge by the end of 2016. We are watching.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by madridsta007(m): 6:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

Let's agree the 36 govs forced hero's hands & they took out the state's share from the ECA, what happened to the FG's share nah? Did it Evaporate? cheesy

Ask Buhari which funds did he share out to the governors as 'bail out' and from what funds was he using to junket around the world. And meanwhile, the money that Buhari shared was in dollars.

The money NOI saved.

Is our partisanship in Nigeria this full of hate that we find it hard to be objective? Serious?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by anonimi: 6:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

Be informed.
Redeem yourself.
Below is a thread with just a sample of what Jonathan achieved in five years.

https://www.nairaland.com/2117791/achievements-jonathan-sambo-administration-pictures

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by wowo2: 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2016
One does not have much experience....and the other does not have much experience.

The former deceives everyone with a larger then life personality. The fact that i work as chief IT engineer or chief admin officer in a bank should not necessarily imply I will be a good chief financial officer...
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by francizy(m): 6:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

Just get ready for anonimi's forro assault for this ya kweshion.... cheesy cheesy

According to his pictoral ads, Amaechi (+ other govs help) after getting the states share of the ECA, bewitched the IB (federal share) & ensured that all the years of plenty didn't translate into better living for Nigerians...

He gives you facts and figures, so do good to disprove them... cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by papparatzzi2013: 7:00pm On Feb 21, 2016
anonimi:

Have you asked the 36 governors who insisted on sharing the JOINT Federation Account and the ECA

The Governors simply asked for their right. They were like the prodigal son that asked for his RIGHT and squandered it.

What happened to the share of the FG? Will the state share have not been looted the same way the FG's own too was looted, if they have not collected it?

NOI was a failure. She was more interested in her dollar denominated salary than the economy of the nation.

She met a vibrant economy and left our economy in ruins and tatters.

If she is a worthy example of World Bank product, then it explains why virtually World Bank's policies have failed in developing countries.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by SirShymexx: 7:00pm On Feb 21, 2016
Why would anyone want to compare the two?

Kemi is a shinning star - while Iweala is utter failure personified and a disgrace to all her certificates.

The only two things comparable to Iweala are failure and pig: 1) Cos she failed woefully and 2). Cos she looks like a pig.

Let Kemi do her job - she's too articulate, intelligent, and eloquent to be compared with a certificate junkie.

Joe the Plumber would have performed better than Iweala as the finance minister of naij, during the period when oil prices were at an all time high. No one can be worse than Iweala.

6 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by SirShymexx: 7:03pm On Feb 21, 2016
sukkot:
obasanjo also thought putting up jonathan as president was a good idea. point being anything obasanjo says is dead on arrival

Lmao.

Now you think OBJ is useless. grin

That guy is one of the primary reasons why naij is messed up and in such a terrible state.

I don't know why folks give him air time.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Remii(m): 7:03pm On Feb 21, 2016
FYI, OP, Kemi is not competing with NOI, she is doing her job, and will be judged after her tenure. She will succeed.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LouisVanGaal(m): 7:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:
[s][/s]

Where were you when governors demanded the money the prudent NOI saved be shared?
do you save ur money with a thief?? If the GEJ govt were accountable do u think the govs would be justified taking their money back
Did u not see how the $2.1b was diverted? What makes u think the money in the ECA wouldn't be touched
Blame GEJ and his cronnies for the lack of trust they created and not the govs...or if u are saving ur money in a bank and u hav first class that it wud be tampered with; what would u do??

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by eLcastro(m): 7:05pm On Feb 21, 2016
manakocha:
coordinating + supervising no be small tin nahh. Thank God for given us PMB. If not we wouldn't have had this eloquent, zealous & intelligent Kemi. pls send Iweala a clip.
...dunno wah u rantin 4 sef..a minister dat constantly replied she didn't/haven't seen dat document b4 hand...I started wonderin was she's paid 2 do.msane thin d dullard kept doin at dat media chat..u askd a question abuh a situation in ur domain nd u replyin u don't know..u don't evn hav an idea...also a point i observed one reply showed she was on ground wen d budget was designed..d oda lyk diz zombies we gat here tried stayin away 4rm d budget plannin...ask d budget plannin committe wtF.? a fiance minister already is a failure wen stay away 4rm d designin of d budget..pipo stl won't get...is lyk runin away.,so u hav an excuse..m nt part of it o..

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by francizy(m): 7:05pm On Feb 21, 2016
madridsta007:

I think your comment is quite inaccurate and hence unfair.

*NOI advised the government that some money should be kept aside as the oil prices may come down in the future. That is being proactive.
*NOI actually kept money aside following GEJ's approval. That is taking action.
*NOI was attacked by the governors-led by the APC governors and present APC chieftains who took her and the FG to court for withholding their money despite the warnings from the World Bank, IMF, CBN, NBS and NOI about impending oil prices doom.
*The Governors won the case in court and squandered what was released to them.
*NOI still kept the money accrued from then FG in the ECA.
*Buhari came and these same largely APC governors came and wailed that they did not have money to pay staff salaries.
*Buhari, who had claimed had met nothing on ground, did not probe these governors on their squandering habits and shared the money that NOI stored in the ECA.

Now Nigerians want to blame NOI. You see how silly many Nigerians are? Unless we leave out sentiments from national issues, we would be going around the same vicious circle, every time.

I have a feeling that the Government would soon reach out to her for advice in some capacity. When that happens, I would write a strong letter to her not to help. Nigerians are one of the most ungrateful people around and certainly do not deserve her support or influence.

As for comparing Kemi to NOI, please do not start up some humour on what is a serious matter. How can one in his right mind, compare Harvard to the University of East London- the worst university in the UK?

Kingtom, Modath, Obiagelli, Beremx, passingshot, lrnzh, etc..

Firefire, Anonimi, Kaboninc, Ecoterrorism, rozayx5, severussnape, etc..

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by nigerianvenom(m): 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2016
A finance minister whose addition of 16+6=24 is just a mere comedian
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by modath(f): 7:10pm On Feb 21, 2016
anonimi:

Be informed.
Redeem yourself.
Below is a thread with just a sample of what Jonathan achieved in five years.

Ano, not foto & links, how did Ojo, Chinedu & Danladi 's wellbeing improve?

The govs asked for their statutory rights I hope you know &as is constitutional, FG kept the Lion's share..

This is not about being partisan... how did the lives of folks on minimum wage with kids in UBEB schools, etc fare... dazall.

francizy:

He gives you facts and figures, so do good to disprove them... cheesy

Facts & figures that only tell half & his side of bias stories! Issokay!!

@ sirshymexx

Shy, howdy? Take care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by eLcastro(m): 7:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
LouisVanGaal:
do you save ur money with a thief?? If the GEJ govt were accountable do u think the govs would be justified taking their money back
Did u not see how the $2.1b was diverted? What makes u think the money in the ECA wouldn't be touched
Blame GEJ and his cronnies for the lack of trust they created and not the govs...or if u are saving ur money in a bank and u hav first class that it wud be tampered with; what would u do??
pipo won't learn.,beat bliv dat $2.1b is a scam..mnw m nt sayin dia wasn't lootin durin d arm deal biz...buh if indeed $2.1b was stolen..sumone wud hav bin givin jail term by now..or lemme rephrase dis govt can't juz recover our stolen moni..personally i don't think dey can evn kip d lil we gat nw...if FG had a go case bouh dat $2.1b scam dey blahin of dasuki wud hav bin in hard labour nw...y u think dey stl cukin up case files..oops.,it evn made FP 2 "we can't recover loots"
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by papparatzzi2013: 7:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
SirShymexx:
Why would anyone want to compare the two?

Kemi is a shinning star - while Iweala is utter failure personified and a disgrace to all her certificates.

The only two things comparable to Iweala are failure and pig: 1) Cos she failed woefully and 2). Cos she looks like a pig.

Let Kemi do her job - she's too articulate, intelligent, and eloquent to be compared with a certificate junkie.

Joe the Plumber would have performed better than Iweala as the finance minister of naij, during the period when oil prices were at an all time high. No one can be worse than Iweala.

Hey Shymexx you have been scarce a little? Howdy?

#Superstar1
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by excel101(m): 7:13pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

[b]It depends on what you mean with that question.
Read my earlier posts carefully. I will repeat myself one more time.

On the economy, Ngozi is far from a success for me. In times of plenty she did not do the needful in diversifying the economy, saving enough or fighting corruption. Kemi I cannot judge yet because her tenure is in its infancy. But I know for sure that Kemi has a more difficult job with the current state of the economy.
If Ngozi could not handle good times satisfactorily how can she handle worse times? Ngozi is a failure. Kemi I do not know yet.

State government finances are hardly a good judge of how a finance minister will perform at the national level because states in Nigeria are mostly reliant on monthly allocations. It is more of book keeping.
But let's wait for someone that knows better on her state stewardship to enlighten us.

This thread is about how they performed facing NASS committees. Kemi wins this one. It was not a press briefing as you stated.
[/b]
. What then can be worst than what u've said? You just concluded that Iweala is a failure, but we need time for us to be able to assess Kemi. My question now is why not wait till the end of Kemi's tenure b4 the comparison. because aside from this there's no basis for their comparison, now u've succeeded in setting the cat b4 the horse.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by francizy(m): 7:13pm On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

Ano, not foto & links, how did Ojo, Chinedu & Danladi 's wellbeing improve?

The govs asked for their statutory rights I hope you know &as is constitutional, FG kept the Lion's share..

This is not about being partisan... how did the lives of folks on minimum wage with kids in UBEB schools, etc fare... dazall.

Facts & figures that only tell half & his side of bias stories! Issokay!!

@ sirshymexx

Shy, howdy? Take care.

Your amiable president without working, will soon jet off to Mecca to go pray Nigeria out of trouble... SmH...

On topic, go check that comment I mentioned you first...

By the way, you talked about anonimi being biased, never seen you being objective either...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Marcelini(m): 7:14pm On Feb 21, 2016
papparatzzi2013:
Have we all forgotten that Madam Ngozi was the Prime Minister under GEJ, as the Co-ordinating Minister. She practically had all powers a much as the President by overseeing all ministries.

That woman failed woeful. She is either an agent of the neo-colonialist that were hell bent in seeing the demise of the blossoming emerging economies of the BRICS or she was simply a paper economist.

Her first tenure achievements has elucidated by Soludo, was the work of a team of Muktar, Soludo, El Rufai, Moghalu and NOI. With the team not in place in her 2nd sojourn as the Min of Finance an dCo-oridnating Minister, she was totally clueless.

Kemi, inconjunction with FIRS, will increase the revenue of the country. We can see it and feel it already. She might not increase our capacity to earn FX, but definitely Nigeria will not be broke and we shall be better off than the mess NOI left behind.

Kemi, with the anti-corruption war of Mr President, will definitely bring sanity into civil service and procurement process.

NOI came with a name and left behind an econom in ruins. kemi definitely do not have the pedigree but she will deliver. I careless abot pedigree once she delivers.]

]I will judge by the end of 2016. We are watching.

Adeosun was the commissioner for finance in Ogun when the state allocation from the FG was at all time high, but left the state at great debt and economically less viable than states that earned less from the FG like Enugu state. Throw in Ogun's proximity to Lagos, and Adeosun's failure becomes even more glaring.

It's only in Nigeria tribally charged political arena that failures like Adeosun who couldn't fix small ogun, is given a bigger job of fixing Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Bizibi(m): 7:15pm On Feb 21, 2016
People are so funny......abeg make I wait till 2019,I don't have time to complain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why We Re-opened Silverbird, Rhythm FM - AMCON / Peter Obi Carries His Own Bag As He Lands In Akwa Ibom (Pictures) / Photos From The Launch Of Bayo Omoboriowo's Book "Buhari, A New Beginning"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.