Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison (39808 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Vs Wale Edun / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Pictured With Chidiogo Akunyili, Daughter Of Late Dora / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
I speak freely because I owe allegiance to no politician or party. GEJ was a huge disaster; PMB hasn't proved to be much better. God help us.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Sanchez01: 6:20pm On Feb 21, 2016
stuff46:

That is why you still live in poverty.
NOI was once the Finance Minister of this country. How much millions were you able to make while she held the office

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by ahmadmuazu5(m): 6:21pm On Feb 21, 2016
stuff46:

No problem Bill Gate

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by simplycarro: 6:21pm On Feb 21, 2016
God punish anyone supporting that complete misfit buffoon call Okonjo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by sukkot: 6:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:

Obasanjo recently said he wanted NOI to be Buhari's deputy. If you Ieave tribe outta it, you'd realise Kemi is poor man's Iweala.
obasanjo also thought putting up jonathan as president was a good idea. point being anything obasanjo says is dead on arrival

10 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
Haha!!! Nice response! The guy na yeye boi. They think everybody's on their pedestal. I once helped one nairalander for some stuffs off here. When the guy met me (real life), and later knew my abode, the guy actually said "wow, I used to think no well-to-do person like yours is on Nairaland. Thank God I haven't abused you on a thread before". Looool! And what did the guy see? Just some couple cars in the compound and maybe my living room that he entered sha. So, pay this one no mind...

PassingShot:

If my living standard qualifies as "living in poverty" I'll pray and hope "the poverty" continues and even progress.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by oluwafreshkid(m): 6:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
stuff46:

And during NOI's time, you were living in riches?

Via a BB10 Device.

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by mark3009(m): 6:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:

And Kemi has done wonders since assuming office abi?
I know which finance minister I prefer at this time of oil glut.
Are u seriously Comparing a finance minister who has barely spent a few months during a period of slump in oil prices to a finance minister who spent about five year during a period of oil boom? Your level of reasoning is indeed very low.

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by grandstar(m): 6:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
PassingShot:
Even without watching the video, I will take Kemi or any other person in preference for the overhyped NOI.

Where was NOI who was the coordinating minister for the economy when Dasuki, CBN, Diezanni and those thieves masquerading as Service Chiefs were busy swallowing our common wealth?

Where was the paper heavy weight finance expert when tax relief and waivers were granted on luxury goods imported into the country?

Where was she when our SWF and ECA were being depleted?

If she had any honor while she held sway, she would have resigned honorably than watch on helplessly.

Ngizi was a scam!

What would Adeosun have done if she was serving under GEJ? That's the question you should ask? Her history in Ogun State is said to have some klegs

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by emzila(m): 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2016
NOI is just a certificate woman.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by mark3009(m): 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:
LRNZH

It's too early to judge her performance yet you guys are comparing her with someone with pedigree and international standing.
What did she achieve as state commissioner for finance?
What did ngozi achieve as finance minister?

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by ifeomaekol(f): 6:27pm On Feb 21, 2016
Comparing them both is it what we need nw as nigerians?? Both women r grt leaders in dia own capacity, NOI, wrked n kemi is working, let's jux appreciate them n move on. Most of u condeming NOI won't n cnt do half of wat she did while in d office-------leadership isn't an easy task, evn if u r gifted to be a leader u ll still meet oppostions. Making nigeria beta isn't jux d task of d govt alone bt for everybody, let's stp all these, cos it wnt take us to our promised land. Both woman don't need comparison, they r wonderful in dia own gifted way n I appreciate them.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by grandstar(m): 6:27pm On Feb 21, 2016
PassingShot:

If my living standard qualifies as "living in poverty" I'll pray and hope "the poverty" continues and even progress.
Until the naira hits 5,000 to one!

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by rozayx5(m): 6:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:
[s][/s]

Where were you when governors demanded the money the prudent NOI saved be shared?

the question that lrnzh and passingshot always run from

at the head of those who demanded that money is the current transport minister cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by chumaster(m): 6:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
PassingShot:
Even without watching the video, I will take Kemi or any other person in preference for the overhyped NOI.

Where was NOI who was the coordinating minister for the economy when Dasuki, CBN, Diezanni and those thieves masquerading as Service Chiefs were busy swallowing our common wealth?

Where was the paper heavy weight finance expert when tax relief and waivers were granted on luxury goods imported into the country?

Where was she when our SWF and ECA were being depleted?

If she had any honor while she held sway, she would have resigned honorably than watch on helplessly.

Ngizi was a scam!
As if she was the president,cbn gov,icpc & efcc chairman together with finance minister then; smh for your reasoning abi hate. Even Baba Obj respects the woman cos he knew what she did during obj tenure

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 21, 2016
I would take senator Murray Bruce AS MINISTER OF finance OVER THESE TWO undecided
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by mark3009(m): 6:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
eyeview:
Without trying to be tribalistic,but its aalmost impossible for a yoruba person to support another person against their sister,even when the facts are glaring.
How can anyone compare NOI with the minor? Even Kemi herself will vote for NOI.
Anyway,we wish the economy well under this APC govt. They should stop pointing to the past and for the first time try pointing at the present and the future
What facts? You people should stop worshipping certificates and degrees if it does not translate to practical knowledge in tackling societal problems.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by AmeboOnidodo: 6:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
We have a long way to go if the youths of Nigeria can't go beyond the surface into the substance
www.amebo.org
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Ikology(m): 6:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
Who started the publication of monthly revenue sharing between FG and States on the national dailies? Who introduced IPPS? who introduced TSA? There is no room for comparism at all?

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by pulsa(m): 6:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
jamesibor:

Yea, Nigeria is ticking along fine......
how is this her fault?.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by hucienda: 6:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
Usual d*** measuring contest among the big two down south common here.

smh... undecided
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by grandstar(m): 6:34pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

If you understand the scientific method, you won't be stating this.

We have about 8 years track record of Ngozi as finance minister all under high to very high oil prices. Nigeria failed to diversify it's oil dependent, import based economy under her. That is enough to draw a conclusion that Ngozi cannot manage a economy in surplus times.

Kemi inherited one of the worst economies in recent times with tanked oil price and forex drain from fighting insurgency in the North-East. She is yet to even spend 1 year on the job. It is too early to judge her performance especially since her situation is more challenging than Ngozi's.

But from the videos above, it is clear that Ngozi's temperament is not fit for a finance minister in difficult times.

My two kobo there.

And during the 8years, the economy grew by 7% yearly and no one was talking about dollar shortages the way the British talk about their weather.

Her primary sin was that she did not cry out over the unprecedented corruption happening under her nose probably because she felt it would be counterproductive. What happened to Sanusi when he blew the whistle? Simply replaced with a more compliant person!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by kumakunta: 6:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:

And Kemi has done wonders since assuming office abi?
I know which finance minister I prefer at this time of oil glut.
What did NOI do when the oil glut started? Remember oil price started falling far before Buhari came into power,just under 6month of oil price meltdown naira to dollar raised from 140 to 225 under your mighty NOI even when oil price was still 60dollarsa. and you want Kemi to perform wonders with oil at 36dollars.

NB: to all ipob wailers trying to discredit Buhari and Kemi over increase in dollar price,you think we have all forgotten your hero sold oil for 130per barrel,met the reserve a little above 60billion dollars. But what did your brilliant NOI and Gej do,instead of increasing the reserve amidst increase in oil price they got it milked to half empty.

May God make all supporters of corruption suffer amidst their season of plenty. AMEN.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by banmee(m): 6:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

This your statement is a problem for me on many levels.

Look at the history of people OBJ has imposed on Nigerians when he is not in power.

Shagari, Yar'adua, GEJ.... And you want to bring up Ngozi.

They usually have one K-leg or the other from incompetence, illness or lack of integrity. OBJ looks for those he feels he can control because he identifies their weaknesses.

If you read OBJ's statement in his book where he brought up Ngozi as VP, he made a comment about her weaknesses that needed a firm leader to manage.

[b]VPs are supposed to be leaders that can lead on their own without any management from a firm leader if the need arises. OBJ disqualified Ngozi with that statement

Finally, the same OBJ sacked her as his Finance Minister.[/b]

Lol....The vice president does not have any kind of responsibility. He is just there as a back up in case some shiit goes down which is how GEJ became president.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by francizy(m): 6:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
Obiagelli:

Some people think Ogun just became a hub overnight, someone did the hardwork silently.

And what about the Nigeria that became the economic hub of Africa, the number one investor choice, the best economy in Africa, all under the watch of a woman you love to hate? Then under your god, it has become a financial warzone as investors are pulling out faster than a man practicing withdrawal method...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Ugosample(m): 6:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
All of you saying trash about Ngozi must be foolish!!!!!

Ngozi's calibre is miles ahead of Kemis own.

My only pain is that she should NOT have accepted the job because I have come to the conclusion that Nigeria does not deserve good things.
If not, how would you blame her for the depletion of the reserves when she advocated for saving funds in a SWF but bastard govs like Amaechi and Oshiomole (frog eye) championed sharing the money and even took the FG to court for it.
How would you blame her for the high expenses when the minimum wage was increased across board and NYSC also increased?

Was she minister of power? or works? Can only her do everything?

What of how she made it mandatory that all States and LG allowances be published so that the residents of the States see how much each state was getting?
What of the removal of ghost workers?
Debt forgiveness?

And idiots here are comparing her with an apprentice.?

Nigerians sef.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by goshen26: 6:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
This thread is interesting
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by madridsta007(m): 6:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
omonnakoda:
I don't think anyone can be worse than Iweala. In our history she is the Finance Minister that has received the most revenue and strangely the one who borrowed the most so add her borrowing to oil revenue she has had the most money to spend .What do we have to show for it? Oil price dropped and everything collapsed.

She received 52% of total revenue from Federation account and spent it all and blamed the governors for that because they rightly insisted on their share which was less that 30%
Why did she not save the FG share?

I think your comment is quite inaccurate and hence unfair.

*NOI advised the government that some money should be kept aside as the oil prices may come down in the future. That is being proactive.
*NOI actually kept money aside following GEJ's approval. That is taking action.
*NOI was attacked by the governors-led by the APC governors and present APC chieftains who took her and the FG to court for withholding their money despite the warnings from the World Bank, IMF, CBN, NBS and NOI about impending oil prices doom.
*The Governors won the case in court and squandered what was released to them.
*NOI still kept the money accrued from then FG in the ECA.
*Buhari came and these same largely APC governors came and wailed that they did not have money to pay staff salaries.
*Buhari, who had claimed had met nothing on ground, did not probe these governors on their squandering habits and shared the money that NOI stored in the ECA.

Now Nigerians want to blame NOI. You see how silly many Nigerians are? Unless we leave out sentiments from national issues, we would be going around the same vicious circle, every time.

I have a feeling that the Government would soon reach out to her for advice in some capacity. She is afterall, a professional, a world class economist. And there are hardly any permanent enemies in politics these days. When that happens, I would write a strong letter to her not to help. Nigerians are one of the most ungrateful people around and certainly do not deserve her support or influence.

As for comparing Kemi to NOI, please do not start up some humour on what is a serious matter. How can one in his right mind, compare Harvard to the University of East London- the worst university in the UK?

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by anonimi: 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2016
PassingShot:
And what did Ngozi achieve for our economy despite unprecedented earnings during her time......

Have you asked the 36 governors who insisted on sharing the JOINT Federation Account and the ECA

FG, States, LGs Share N568.4 Billion for Oct

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/412x247xOkonjo-Iweala-e1442838220305.jpg.pagespeed.ic.nz-K0adxSv.webp[/img]

Also, $1billion was proposed for distribution to complement shortfall in expected revenue." The $1billion is a compromise by the FG over its words in September not to augment shortfalls anymore.

Responding to the presentation, the chairman of the States Commissioners of Finance and Ebonyi State Commissioner of Finance, Mr Timothy Odaah, lamented that the statutory allocation was getting smaller and smaller. "It appears this is the worst in terms of returns. This is the least in allocations as far as this year is concerned. We are mourning the dearth of funds and this is a wakeup call for states and local governments to buoy up their internally generated revenue."

While appreciating the "magnanimity" of President Goodluck Jonathan to approve the $1billion from the excess crude account and to be shared among the federal, state and local governments, Odaah expressed disappointment with the returns made by the NNPC.

He said that [size=14pt]the states had requested for $2bn[/size] to complement for the shortfall in revenue but got only $1billion. In September, Odaah and fellow commissioners had walked out of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) when the federal government said that the framework of the 2013 budget was no longer realistic and it won't augment shortfall in revenue. Odaah raised issues with the statutory allocations of previous months.

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/201311150323.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2578022_iweala_jpeg0858fd35c7757170d8155dae6623e1c2

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2016
francizy:

And the Nigeria that became the economic hub of Africa, the number one investor choice, the best economy in Africa, all under the watch of a woman you love to hate. Then under your god, it has become a financial warzone as investors are pulling out faster than a man practicing withdrawal method...

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Ugosample(m): 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2016
emzila:
NOI is just a certificate woman.
Someone who was VP at world bank is a certificate woman?
Wonders shall never end

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by modath(f): 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2016
omonnakoda:
I don't think anyone can be worse than Iweala. In our history she is the Finance Minister that has received the most revenue and strangely the one who borrowed the most so add her borrowing to oil revenue she has had the most money to spend .What do we have to show for it? Oil price dropped and everything collapsed.

She received 52% of total revenue from Federation account and spent it all and blamed the governors for that because they rightly insisted on their share which was less that 30%
Why did she not save the FG share?

Just get ready for anonimi's forro assault for this ya kweshion.... cheesy cheesy

According to his pictoral ads, Amaechi (+ other govs help) after getting the states share of the ECA, bewitched the IB (federal share) & ensured that all the years of plenty didn't translate into better living for Nigerians...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos From The Launch Of Bayo Omoboriowo's Book "Buhari, A New Beginning" / Hameed Ibrahim Ali Flies Jet To Lagos (Photos) / PDP Rally In Rogo and Ungogo LGAs Kano Yesterday- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.