Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison (39802 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Vs Wale Edun / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Pictured With Chidiogo Akunyili, Daughter Of Late Dora / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by 2mNaira: 7:56pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

Lol. Oga mi. Thanks for the compliments. Abeg leave tribalism out. Thanks one again.

Sorry.Just wanted to capture ur monica.

BTW
That was insightful analysis.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by eLcastro(m): 7:58pm On Feb 21, 2016
[quote author=PassingShot post=43123151]Even without watching the video, I will take Kemi or any other person in preference for the overhyped NOI.
The problem with kids of dis dayz..alwayz tryna rub everything with politics..D same u sayin trash wud'v hav said NOI was actin 2 big to shw up b4 d committee.,if she hadn't com nd juz send a msg dat she was sick..2ndly NOI wrked wit a team so she told d committee dat she had plan on startin up den let her team members carry on which isn't wrong...she got a lil frustrated i will agree..due to reason i feel she wanted 2 end dat matter dat day as opposed buy d committee chairman dat she shud go dey return later...juz cuz one is a minister don't think dey don't do oda family tidying xpecially wen one is a mom nd wife...on Kemi part.,she jus started wit d oil price low nd economy down..she must b doin her best i must say...buh dis govt dat dey kip sayin dey don't knw issues wen asked bodaz mi...hw can a member of d committee b telin a honourable minister check itz in d document..nw she must'nt knw everythin..buh d vitals r important...hw can u xplain Kemi sayin she hasn't seen dat document b4..nd wen we talk dey wil say ministry of fiance is diff 4rm ministry of budgetin...kidz won't agree dat evn doe dia r ministries evrywhr d ministry of fiance is stl supoz 2 b fully involved in budget plannin
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by gbengadada2004(m): 8:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:
No real comparison, Kemi is a poor man's okonjo Iweala.
If I had billions to invest, I know which one I'd visit for advice, it won't be kemi.

I am very sure that you didn't watch the two video. Please watch and stop basing your views on tribalism or what people said about Kemi in the past. How could you prefer NOI that was full of excuses in the video on why she cannot defend the budget before the committee? She was even parrying her responsibility to the other two colleagues that came with her. With what I saw here, Kemi will block the leakages that NOI have neglected during her reign as minister of finance.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by maxzzo1(m): 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
Compare d economy na....there is difference Kemi is still kindergarten....
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by omonnakoda: 8:05pm On Feb 21, 2016
madridsta007:

I am not partisan, my friend. I find these comparisons quite inane and unnecessary. The ECA was funds put aside for 'rainy days'. You see it is all about wisdom. Are you a Christian? Do you know that putting away excess savings for later days, was the concept Joseph used in saving Egypt from famine? Norway has about $700bn in a sovereign fund. They had started saving decades ago, hence theirs is that much. Most oil producing countries have such funds; hence, out of 40 oil producing countries or so, you find Nigeria only wailing about the drop in oil prices. The ECA might have been unconstitutional, but it was common-sense. Your governors messed that common sense reasoning up, and to hang their mess on NOI is simply ridiculous.
So we agree I too find the comparisons inane and unnecessary and am not in support of them

There are many problems at the state government level and we can discuss them on a case by case basis
Where we disagree is the issue of state governors shoul NOT be conflated with the FG finances. Discussion about the FG finances is a TOTALLY separate and distinct matter

Every tier of government is entitled to run its own ECA . Trying to force and consolidate everyone to do so is unconstitutional. The case was in court and that was why,partly, GEJ tried to intimidate Amaechi

So let us discuss FG finances here and leave state government issues as a separate matter.

The FG share of ECA is 52% by definition it was not appropriated or captured in the Budget. Every time the States agitated for their share and received it it was actually unlawful for the FG to receive a share WITHOUT recourse to the National Assembly for a supplementary budget. Instead what we had were these meetings with state governments where money was shared to all tiers . It was lawful for the state to receive theirs and indeed unlawful that they were ever delayed or with held. Not so for the FG . THAT IS THE MAIN point so let us not juxtapose sentiment or morality for law in the name of common sense. A federal government that is corrupt cannot claim to be operating commonsense.

Anyway where is the FG's 52% share why did that common sense not start with the FG. How come the FG was borrowing $1 Billion in late 2014 to fight Boko Haram?
NO I am not a Christian and I do not believe that is relevant to national finances ,China and Japan not Christian. By the way Joseph was not a Christian either and so I do see how you can covet the Joseph story as a Christian one
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 8:10pm On Feb 21, 2016
madridsta007:

I am not partisan, my friend. I find these comparisons quite inane and unnecessary. The ECA was funds put aside for 'rainy days'. You see it is all about wisdom. Are you a Christian? Do you know that putting away excess savings for later days, was the concept Joseph used in saving Egypt from famine? Norway has about $700bn in a sovereign fund. They had started saving decades ago, hence theirs is that much. Most oil producing countries have such funds; hence, out of 40 oil producing countries or so, you find Nigeria only wailing about the drop in oil prices. The ECA might have been unconstitutional, but it was common-sense. Your governors messed that common sense reasoning up, and to hang their mess on NOI is simply ridiculous.

You are correct but not quite.

The FG wanted to save the state govts' monies in ECA while they were squandering theirs.
The States fought for their 30 or so %. Why didn't the FG save it's 52% in the ECA if the states refused to cooperate?

That's the question that Ngozi has failed to answer till today.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by eLcastro(m): 8:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
LouisVanGaal:
smh4u once again...Nigerian youth and blind loyalty
juz tryin 2 skool u..i knw u won't openly accept dat u bin skooled sha...nd dis is not bouh bin loyal.,loyal 4 wah na...said it b4 kids of dis days itz eida u rubin politics or ethnic sentiment on everythin...simple put NOI had her part of d game nd she has played it...u think she didn't play well obviously..i won't debate with u on dat...nw Kemi is here.,she wil do herz..wen she is gone anoda wil com..itz lyk dat..ma point is don't discredit d lil NOI has done...becuz u disliked d past govt
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 8:14pm On Feb 21, 2016
mnairaland:

Sorry.Just wanted to capture ur monica.

BTW
That was insightful analysis.

Thank you sir/ma. Lack of knowledge kills, so we are trying to spread the little we have.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by platorepublic(m): 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2016
This is my personal opinion:
Although it is too early to compare there achievement in office. This is a response to a friend that challenge me.
Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
The current Minister of finance and Old finance Minister
Under Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as finance Minister with all her world bank resume we had Dansukigate, failed SUREP, Subsidy can not be accounted for, so many ghost workers on FG payroll etc.
Under Kemi
Through TSA that last administration introduced and afraid to implement. TSA is been implemented Million of Nigeria as been recovered so far, Nigeria customs, NNPC now remit into Federal government account, so many ghost workers under federal government payroll discovered despite the fact that Kemi inherited worst economy in Nigerian history.
This lady deserve commendation so far and not crucification.

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Nicur: 8:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
lol see Zombies berating Ngozi! no wahala Una get time grin

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by DaWaymaker(m): 8:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
And you believe OBJ?

LRNZH:

This your statement is a problem for me on many levels.

Look at the history of people OBJ has imposed on Nigerians when he is not in power.

Shagari, Yar'adua, GEJ.... And you want to bring up Ngozi.

They usually have one K-leg or the other from incompetence, illness or lack of integrity. OBJ looks for those he feels he can control because he identifies their weaknesses.

If you read OBJ's statement in his book where he brought up Ngozi as VP, he made a comment about her weaknesses that needed a firm leader to manage.

VPs are supposed to be leaders that can lead on their own without any management from a firm leader if the need arises. OBJ disqualified Ngozi with that statement.

Finally, the same OBJ sacked her as his Finance Minister.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by chigoizie7(m): 8:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
PassingShot:

And what did Ngozi achieve for our economy despite unprecedented earnings during her time apart from "rebasing" that resulted in us becoming largest African economy ON PAPER?

Under her and GEJ, Nigeria had to borrow to pay salaries in March and April of 2015.

Amaechi and co messed it all up
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by francizy(m): 8:34pm On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

I will never claim to be non partisan but i have the sense not to ever defend the indefensible..

I also gracefully keep mute when I know the discuss won't serve the country well but some of here have decided to toe a path that they won't even glance sideways from to check what else is out there!! undecided

Well am proud of myself because I stand for the truth and speak out when necessary. If asked, I can mention areas I think GEJ messed up but can I say the same about people in your camp? cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by kayfra: 8:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
Comparing someone defending the national budget for the first time versus someone that has done it several times since OBJ days is asinine.

The OP has some loose screws.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 8:46pm On Feb 21, 2016
kayfra:
Comparing someone defending the national budget for the first time versus someone that has done it several times since OBJ days is asinine.

The OP has some loose screws.

Those were the days of copy and paste budget. Kemi is working with zero based budgeting.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by eLcastro(m): 8:50pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

Those were the days of copy and paste budget. Kemi is working with zero based budgeting.
workin on a zero based budgeting..op u dey china.? Cuz here 4 9ja we neva evn get budget grin
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 8:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
eLcastro:
workin on a zero based budgeting..op u dey china.? Cuz here 4 9ja we neva evn get budget grin

But think about it. This is how we have been passing budget in previous years without scrutiny. What they do is submit copied, pasted and padded budget to NASS. Then bribe NASS members with either more padding or monetary payments to pass the budget as is.

What happened this time is good for Nigeria. The budget was padded by the Directors and Perm Secs of the various MDAs. So when NASS memebers did not get their own share, they started scrutinising the budget bit by bit. It is a wake up call for Buhari. Nobody in Nigeria's civil service can be trusted.

So it is good that we have no budget now. They're fixing it and that's what we need.

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by agabaI23(m): 8:56pm On Feb 21, 2016
What are we supposed to compare?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
agabaI23:
What are we supposed to compare?

Someone help me please. How can I post a thread in Braille on Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by tiger28: 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2016
People still don't realize that we were scammed by Ngozi's overhype. Just like CHUKWUMA SOLUDO said ,"She was a secretary for the world Bank and not an economist ". There is a clear difference. Just because you are the head of customer service of a bank doesn't make you a banker.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by eLcastro(m): 9:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

But think about it. This is how we have been passing budget in previous years without scrutiny. What they do is submit copied, pasted and padded budget to NASS. Then bribe NASS members with either more padding or payments tonpass the budget as is.

What happened this time is good for Nigeria. The budget was padded by the Director and Perm Secs of the various MDAs. So when NASS dis not get their share, they started scrutinising the budget bit by bit. It is a wake up call for Buhari. Nobody in Nigeria's civil service can be trusted.

So it is good that we have no budget now. They're fixing it and that's what we need.
..d way u contradict ursef..so wah did NOI went 4 in d vid na...2 tel 9ja she'z nt wel or shw her lip stick....wel u weren't concerned abouh if NOI went 2 defend d budget u juz wanted 2 shw a frustrated NOI 2 d world...buh we've seen d vid b4..tot u had sumfin new dat was y i clicked...wah u 4got is no where did NOI said d budget wasn't gonna b defended..she juz stated she was ill.,she will kick start d process den her team members wil take it up 4rm there...nw tel mi is dia sumfin rung wif dat.? Or is it in d constitution daat d minister must defend dia budget 4rm start 2 finish themselves
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by agabaI23(m): 9:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

Someone help me please. How can I post a thread in Braille on Nairaland?
lol let me rephrase my question.

What indicators of performance do you want us to compare...
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by omonnakoda: 9:06pm On Feb 21, 2016
tiger28:
People still don't realize that we were scammed by Ngozi's overhype. Just like CHUKWUMA SOLUDO said ,"She was a secretary for the world Bank and not an economist ". There is a clear difference. Just because you are the head of customer service of a bank doesn't make you a banker.
lol at secretary.
She was an administrator. Yes She studied Economics but I would not call her an economist just as I would not call a person with a law degree who has never practised a lawyer but that is me. Having said that I do not believe that necessarily an Economist is the best person to be a Minister of Finance etc. The primary qualification is to know the people and their problems and on that count I am not sure of either women
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by akigbemaru: 9:08pm On Feb 21, 2016
Kemi and Ngozi
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 9:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 9:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
agabaI23:
lol let me rephrase my question.

What indicators of performance do you want us to compare...

Again my Braille question stands.

The video is a simple comparison on how they performed while facing NASS finance committees. It was meant to be a relaxing and comedic post.

It had nothing to do with the economy until one NOI supporter brought up the economy in her support.

The rest, they say, is history
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by eLcastro(m): 9:18pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

Again my Braille question stands.

The video is a simple comparison on how they performed while facing NASS finance committees. It was meant to be a relaxing and comedic post.

It had nothing to do with the economy until one NOI supporter brought up the economy in her support.

The rest, they say, is history
lol....badh guy.,juz so i displease u...we was a sick NOI doin wel dan a health Kemi...one start wonderin if she was well.,she 4 fyt dat committee chairman
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
eLcastro:
lol....badh guy.,juz so i displease u...we was a sick NOI doin wel dan a health Kemi...one start wonderin if she was well.,she 4 fyt dat committee chairman

I swear NOI started by looking weak and sick until the committee chairman who saw through it all, asked her to go home and come back later.
Immediately, the lion in her woke up. It is so funny.

But seriously, that is not how to comport ones self in especially when holding public office.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 21, 2016
While it ll b unfair to use this video to compare them...this video is a big disgrace for NOI while kemi kinda shine. For performance while she held sway for 8yrs or so NOI was an utter failure..i repeat utter failure. Its too early to judge kemi and we must not forget dt she z inheriting a terrible economy when we start analysing or juxtaposing her performance with NOI in few years.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by emmykk(m): 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
PassingShot:

And what did Ngozi achieve for our economy despite unprecedented earnings during her time apart from "rebasing" that resulted in us becoming largest African economy ON PAPER?

Under her and GEJ, Nigeria had to borrow to pay salaries in March and April of 2015.
ngozi helped payback nigeria debt in obj first tenure,she introduce TSA,sure-p,the first to publish states allocation,rebasing of the economy,100 wharf scanning

Bokoharm is the cause of nigeria current problem...2 presidents choosing her is enough to know she is worth her onion
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Sike(m): 9:34pm On Feb 21, 2016
Kemi anyday

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Marcelini(m): 9:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

How shallow can you be?

The president just commissioned 40 projects financed by that debt. Those projects will keep making Ogun State the number 1 investment destination and most industrialized state in Nigeria.

Having debt is not a sin. Show me any developed country without sovereign debt. Just 1.

Another propaganda with no substance.

All available indices and stats show that Ogun doesn't fare better than other southern states.

Ogun doesn't lead in education, she don't have better infrastructures, her IGR is not better than other southern states, her citizens doesn't have better life standard as shown by the MDGs.

Ogun has nothing to show for her high debt profile, a clear sign of mismanagement and embezzlement of public fund.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

‘Is Buhari Dead?’ Becomes Most Searched Phrase In Nigerian Internet Space / Anambra Government's Public Announcement On Sit At Home Order / Reno Omokri Disgraces Lola Shoneyin, Wole Soyinka’s Daughter-in-law’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.