Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison (39809 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Vs Wale Edun / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Pictured With Chidiogo Akunyili, Daughter Of Late Dora / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Ahmedhussain3463: 10:15pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:

Obasanjo recently said he wanted NOI to be Buhari's deputy. If you Ieave tribe outta it, you'd realise Kemi is poor man's Iweala.
it means ngozi will b more productive as politician as against technocrat,i go for kemi

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:18pm On Feb 21, 2016
According to kemi , 16+6= 24.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Teddeebear: 10:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
PassingShot:
Even without watching the video, I will take Kemi or any other person in preference for the overhyped NOI.

Where was NOI who was the coordinating minister for the economy when Dasuki, CBN, Diezanni and those thieves masquerading as Service Chiefs were busy swallowing our common wealth?

Where was the paper heavy weight finance expert when tax relief and waivers were granted on luxury goods imported into the country?

Where was she when our SWF and ECA were being depleted?

If she had any honor while she held sway, she would have resigned honorably than watch on helplessly.

Ngizi was a scam!
seems liar Mohammed has promised to pay up your outstanding salaries, aresa cum arresa said so

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Ahmedhussain3463: 10:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
If am to make any comment devoid of any form of sentiment,i tink i will go for kemi|ngozi is only good at maken economy roburst on paper y kemi is a playmaker and a realist|i believe in her|
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by oduastates: 10:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
excel101:
. How does a mere video interview got to do with comparison. We're tired of this rubbish, how does it correlates to performance? What about if their laudable economical blueprints doesnt affects the economy positively. These are all trash, we need results not grammar.

Because Kemi indicted iweala right there .
How can you be a finance minister and not care about revenue being looted in government agencies.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by scachy(m): 10:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
PassingShot:
Even without watching the video, I will take Kemi or any other person in preference for the overhyped NOI.

Where was NOI who was the coordinating minister for the economy when Dasuki, CBN, Diezanni and those thieves masquerading as Service Chiefs were busy swallowing our common wealth?

Where was the paper heavy weight finance expert when tax relief and waivers were granted on luxury goods imported into the country?

If she had any honor while she held sway, she would have resigned honorably than watch on helplessly.

Ngizi was a scam!

It's obvious you've not been familiar with what happened in d previous administration n how state governors insisted on sharing our common wealth against NOI strong advice.

Blame state governors like loud month Oshomothief n his likes.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by agabaI23(m): 10:44pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

Again my Braille question stands.

The video is a simple comparison on how they performed while facing NASS finance committees. It was meant to be a relaxing and comedic post.

It had nothing to do with the economy until one NOI supporter brought up the economy in her support.

The rest, they say, is history
Unfortunately you cannot compare two videos that were made under different conditions.
There is room for comprison whether for relaxation or not.

If you were interested in comedy, the issue performance wont be there.

You should have stated the performance indicators you are comparing....

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by omonnakoda: 10:47pm On Feb 21, 2016
scachy:

It's obvious you've not been familiar with what happened in d previous administration n how state governors insisted on sharing our common wealth against NOI strong advice.

This is the LIE and self deception we must refute always .The FG Share was 52% why did she spend THAT and even BORROW more to spend.Was that Oshiomole's doing?
Anywhere we find that LIE we shoot it down.

THE FG SHARE WAS 52%

why did she spend it
And even Borrow more

A man dies leaving 100 plots to his 10 kids and HALF of it goes to the eldest 50 plots

The eldest says let us keep it and the youngest says share .They share and everybody sells theirs for 1 million a plot. The new buyers discovers gold and the Oldest blames the Young ones for his current poverty

WHY DID HE SELL HIS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 10:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
agabaI23:

Unfortunately you cannot compare two videos that were made under different conditions.
There is room for comprison whether for relaxation or not.

If you were interested in comedy, the issue performance wont be there.

You should have stated the performance indicators you are comparing....

Loooool. So you want to tutor me on how to crack jokes? Please I do not know of any school for comedians.

But hey congratulations! You just cracked a good joke right there with your comment.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by olakan22: 10:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
PassingShot:

And what did Ngozi achieve for our economy despite unprecedented earnings during her time apart from "rebasing" that resulted in us becoming largest African economy ON PAPER?

Under her and GEJ, Nigeria had to borrow to pay salaries in March and April of 2015.
Nigeria or your state governor? Who actually borrowed? Drop the link.....okay? wink
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by omonnakoda: 10:57pm On Feb 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by madridsta007(m): 11:03pm On Feb 21, 2016
omonnakoda:
So we agree I too find the comparisons inane and unnecessary and am not in support of them

There are many problems at the state government level and we can discuss them on a case by case basis
Where we disagree is the issue of state governors shoul NOT be conflated with the FG finances. Discussion about the FG finances is a TOTALLY separate and distinct matter

Every tier of government is entitled to run its own ECA . Trying to force and consolidate everyone to do so is unconstitutional. The case was in court and that was why,partly, GEJ tried to intimidate Amaechi

So let us discuss FG finances here and leave state government issues as a separate matter.

The FG share of ECA is 52% by definition it was not appropriated or captured in the Budget. Every time the States agitated for their share and received it it was actually unlawful for the FG to receive a share WITHOUT recourse to the National Assembly for a supplementary budget. Instead what we had were these meetings with state governments where money was shared to all tiers . It was lawful for the state to receive theirs and indeed unlawful that they were ever delayed or with held. Not so for the FG . THAT IS THE MAIN point so let us not juxtapose sentiment or morality for law in the name of common sense. A federal government that is corrupt cannot claim to be operating commonsense.

Anyway where is the FG's 52% share why did that common sense not start with the FG. How come the FG was borrowing $1 Billion in late 2014 to fight Boko Haram?
NO I am not a Christian and I do not believe that is relevant to national finances ,China and Japan not Christian. By the way Joseph was not a Christian either and so I do see how you can covet the Joseph story as a Christian one

LOL. The Christian comment was, of course, referring to a story in the Bible- a book used by Christians. Ensuring you are on the same page of reasoning with me.

Got it? You do not need to get all emotional, my dear friend.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 11:05pm On Feb 21, 2016
madridsta007:

LOL. The Christian comment was, of course, referring to a story in the Bible- a book used by Christians.

Got it?

See? this is how political arguments start. Biblical Joseph is not a Christian o.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by omonnakoda: 11:06pm On Feb 21, 2016
madridsta007:

LOL. The Christian comment was, of course, referring to a story in the Bible- a book used by Christians.

Got it?
The story appears in the Koran a book used by Muslims It also appears in the Torah a book used by Jews also all these books are used by many of no faith. JOSEPH WAS NOT CHRISTIAN
So...........
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by olakan22: 11:06pm On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Wyttcat: 11:07pm On Feb 21, 2016
No comparison!

Kemi is smart, intelligent and on the top of her game!

Ngozi looks like a programmed cow custom-built by Lagarde just to ruin Nigerian economy!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by madridsta007(m): 11:08pm On Feb 21, 2016
omonnakoda:
The story appears in the Koran a book used by Muslims It also appears in the Torah a book used by Jews also all these books are used by many of no faith. So...........

LOL. No need to get all emotional. Not worth it. Seriously.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by omonnakoda: 11:11pm On Feb 21, 2016
madridsta007:

LOL. No need to get all emotional. Not worth it. Seriously.
What shade of emotion are we talking about? The only one I am feeling is pity
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Nobody: 12:03am On Feb 22, 2016
Yoruba and tribalism is like bread and butter,even if 1$ equals to N1000,Kemi is better for Yorubas,is it not highest point of foolishness to compare a master degree holder with 20 years experience with O level holder with 2years experience, only in Naija for Yorubas
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Godsonkemz(m): 12:26am On Feb 22, 2016
Ngozi Okonjo is a world class financial expert qualified for her task while Adesun is a local champion favoured because of party affiliation.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by omonnakoda: 12:35am On Feb 22, 2016
Godsonkemz:
Ngozi Okonjo is a world class financial expert qualified for her task while Adesun is a local champion favoured because of party affiliation.
"Financial expert" ? really what is her particular area or expertise?

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by totorimi: 1:00am On Feb 22, 2016
What an insult by the OP. What is the basis of comparisons, is it on the basis if qualifications, experience, referrals, or skills.

Common budget preparations is what we are seeing all manner of shenanigans and someone is talking of comparisons. Pls madam NOI is not in the sender class with her. The can compare madam Kemi with let's same the erstwhile minister of science maybe they might find some similarity even at that the former minister was not talking anyhow she was quiet. This one now the other day was just blabbing how BVN helped her to uncover ghost workers without publishing their names. if you haven't concluded investigation why pronounce the victims guilty before conviction.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by papparatzzi2013: 1:02am On Feb 22, 2016
Godsonkemz:

Even Soludo described Ngozi as a mere Secretary at World Bank.

That says it all and how our economy nose dived under her nose.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by shogz89: 1:03am On Feb 22, 2016
totorimi:
What an insult by the OP. What is the basis of comparisons, is it on the basis if qualifications, experience, referrals, or skills.

Common budget preparations is what we are seeing all manner of shenanigans and someone is talking of comparisons. Pls madam NOI is not in the sender class with her. The can compare madam Kemi with let's same the erstwhile minister of science maybe they might find some similarity even at that the former minister was not talking anyhow she was quiet. This one now the other day was just blabbing how BVN helped her to uncover ghost workers without publishing their names. if you haven't concluded investigation why pronounce the victims guilty before conviction.
Is it the ministry of finance that prepares budget
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 22, 2016
The person that dont know 16+6 and said that 16+6 is=24 is the person that Yorubas are busy comparing with Ngozi Okonjo Iweala that have successfully managed World Bank, kept Nigeria economy to be stable against forex exchange and got paris club to cancel Nigeria debt that worth Billions of dollars, tribalism is a major problem in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by SirShymexx: 1:37am On Feb 22, 2016
Rayhut:
The person that dont know 16+6 and said that 16+6 is=24 is the person that Yorubas are busy comparing with Ngozi Okonjo Iweala that have successfully managed World Bank, kept Nigeria economy to be stable against forex exchange and got paris club to cancel Nigeria debt that worth Billions of dollars, tribalism is a major problem in Nigeria.

Loool.

This isn't about Yoruba vs. Igbo. It's about Iweala, the utter failure personified, and the new kid on the block. I don't know where you live but I'm sure ya pops and mum are somewhere in a village in naij going through the hardship induced by how Iweala mismanaged the naij economy. And this is just the beginning -it's going to get worse.

Err, between Iweala who doesn't even know you exist and the survival of ya loved ones - which of the two is ya priority? grin Don't tell me you'll forsake the well-being and survival of ya parents and loved ones for Iweala cos she's Igbo. grin

Honestly, apart from the fact that Iweala attended and graduated with magna cum laude (obviously she's book smart) - her rise had more to do with affirmative action and quota system for Africa, in the bretton woods system - than anything. It's not like she achieved anything stellar in the financial world like an Adebayo Ogunlesi who rose through the ranks in both law and finance, despite graduating with first class honors from Oxford University and J.D. magna cum laude from Harvard. You don't see Yorubas throwing Adebayo Ogunlesi's stellar achievements all over ya faces, do you?

Right now, Kemi is better than Iweala - deal with it. You don't need all the big degrees in the world to manage finance. Awolowo studied law and he's the greatest economist naij has ever produced. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Nobody: 1:54am On Feb 22, 2016

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by birdman(m): 2:18am On Feb 22, 2016
Obviously most people did not watch the videos. I fully expected Iweala's performace to outshine Adeosun by far. VP at world bank is not yam.

I was impressed With Adeousn'd candor and savvy - she found the patience to answer technical questions for people looking for political answers. Even I understood what she was talking about. I started the next video expecting NOI to display another level of competence. Iweala, man, I know she cant pull this at a world bank meeting... that was hideous undecided

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Niceiroko: 5:31am On Feb 22, 2016
You are not mature and wise, you lack vision
PassingShot:

Ngizi was a scam!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by PassingShot(m): 5:36am On Feb 22, 2016
olakan22:
Nigeria or your state governor? Who actually borrowed? Drop the link.....okay? wink
Google is your friend.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by PassingShot(m): 5:38am On Feb 22, 2016
scachy:

All states combined got about 45% of the total while FG got 55%. What did FG do with her own share?

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by PassingShot(m): 5:39am On Feb 22, 2016
chigoizie7:

Amaechi and co messed it all up
The bulk stops at the boss table. What did FG do with her own share?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hameed Ibrahim Ali Flies Jet To Lagos (Photos) / PDP Rally In Rogo and Ungogo LGAs Kano Yesterday- Photos / Osinbajo Returns To Ekiti, Apologises To Monarchs For Not Paying Homage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.