Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) (45524 Views)

“Nigeria Will Continue To Borrow,” Adeosun Says, Days After Warning Against Debt / Waivers Induce Corruption, Adeosun Says / Video Finance Minister Says 16+6 =24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Igbospower(m): 9:00am On Feb 22, 2016
oyinkinola:
[s][/s]

[b]1. ....there are very many commentary on depreciation of ₦ nowadays expecially in parallel market, although parallel or black market can be manipulated by the traders, they either do it on their self interest, so those who doesn't beleive in the prosperity of nigeria can harbour $ as they can on imported goods hereby cause hike!
But in my own point of view the depreciation of ₦ is a great success to this nation if well manage to nigeria situation today. the looted fund is in $ and it must be refunded back in $, so if $1 is ₦198 when the money is looted, then if the money is refund today at $1 to ₦350 the nation has gained ₦152!
imagine if $1=₦1000, the gain is ₦902!
So in conclusion if the government managed to refund the $trillion looted and the refunded money, change it in parallel market, this will reduce the pressure on ₦ and the scarcity of $ in parallel market so the ₦=$.

(take note all the money took out of CBN during jonathan regime were changed in parallel market before ditributed)

you have other opinion?

2. ...2017 budget will beat record... ₦1 quadrillion!, all the social sectors will be substantially finance to trillions ₦, poverty will be completely eradicated and by the end of year 2018 Nigeria will be declared a developed state and classify one of the first three country in the index of human .
I know you will argue on how this can happen with the economics situation of today, low foreign reserve, low oil price, with depreciation of ₦.
yes oil price is down, foreign reserve is dry but we still have foreign looted fund reserve at hand! when recovered and well managed, it won't be problem to have money for this budget!
we can only pray that a $ hit ₦1000 and all $1 trillion looted recovered!
I know for sure that with the determination of this government and the support of foreign nation to help recovered all $ trillion looted it will happen.....$1 trillion recovered and change to ₦ will give us ₦1 quadrillion needed to financ that budget!
year 2017 bye bye to poverty!

3. ....OIL AND LFR
THE TWO MAIN MEANS OF INCOME FOR NIGERIA ECONOMY
.....with the determination of Nigeria president Buhari and the trust of of world leaders toward nigeria, from America, Eroupe, Asia and gulf nation the down price of oil and the rise in $ is not a corse to nigeria but a blessing.
Among the oil producing countries, and OPEC only nigeria have what other didn't, we have oil in common but nigeria have the looters as well, this opportunity raise nigeria above other oil nation and when all this country are frustrated with oil down price, nigeria have turn to her looted fund reserved to keep her economy running.
Nigeria is bless with oil and (LFR) looted fund reserve, when the oil price is down, the rise-up of dollar $ hike the value of our LFR, if government inject the LFR recovered on the economy, it will boot our economy!
at rate of $ to ₦ today if government managed to recovered $1 trillion LFR it will give us:

$1=₦400, $1trillion=₦400trillion!
I hereby challenge the Nigeria economists who insist that rising $ and downwards of oil price is a broke to nigeria economy to come-up for debate!
Note (LFR is looted fund reserve)[/b]
huh? wat is this... weed don dey try oo

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by unitysheart(m): 9:01am On Feb 22, 2016
Tpave:
It's a mistake and nobody is above it

Don't mind the stupid mistakes zoomer. Common sense never told him it was a mistake.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 22, 2016
Fizzbizzie:

And was a major player in badluck Johnathans wrecking of Nigeria's wealth

Bad luck indeed. So Your stupíd Buhari is good luck abi?

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Nicepoker(m): 9:02am On Feb 22, 2016
Expensive error. Thread for east and west. Let we watch as event unfolds.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by able20(m): 9:02am On Feb 22, 2016
Na this olodo girl want to help Buhari Nigeria is back to 1980

6 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by BlackPencil: 9:05am On Feb 22, 2016
This Tinubu olodo mistress got nothing to offer. .

The only thing I see when she's on TV (she's even hardly saying anything )is her opolo eyes and accent wey she dey use deceive zombies .

Dullards and witches at the helm of affairs.
Fvck ' em all

7 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by tatucci: 9:06am On Feb 22, 2016
if it were only me i would just see the comic side to this and laugh it off. nobody gets to where she is today by not knowing how to do a simple maths so it clearly was a mistake. And it cud also be as a result of pressure of some sort. i remember once i was asked to spell "ate" and i could not at the moment. common A-T-E, i cud not.. my mind was jst blank at the spot but after that moment everything came back into my head... so lets just see this for wat it is,a mistake, and move on.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by softvio(m): 9:07am On Feb 22, 2016
GenBuhari:
She is saying the agency claims to have generated N16Bn but she is also said that she does not believe the figure may the slip of the tongue was reflecting what she truly thinks was what they generated i.e N24Bn tongue grin

She is one of my favourite ministers still. She is a rising star.

lol, you mean, she was having an occam razor?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by OutOnBail(m): 9:08am On Feb 22, 2016
Even Microsoft and Google programmers make mistakes in coding leading to bugs that affects millions so what's the fuss.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by colli247(m): 9:09am On Feb 22, 2016
Igbos are the only people that can repair what yorubas and hausa have damaged in Nigeria God bless Nigeria.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by blazetitov: 9:10am On Feb 22, 2016
Knowledge9000:

Yoruba...can't see beyond tribalism.

Don't be silly. Chukuma Soludu is Igbo from Anambra. Stop trying to derail the topic.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Tpave(m): 9:10am On Feb 22, 2016
Knowledge9000:

Typical yoruba excuse. Assuming this mistake was made by Okonjo Iweala, I swear...yorubas will be calling for her resignation. Pathological hypocrites!
For your information, I am not a youruba man but Ibo. This a national issue and I don't have to be tribalistic about it.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by chigoizie7(m): 9:10am On Feb 22, 2016
It is certainly a mistake, but an avoidable one.

If she had prepared well for that speech, she shouldn't have made such mistake.

Apparently, she was trying to explain certain things to people, she must have gone through what she was explaining, @least to know if her explanations will hold any water.

If I want to prove to u that if u have N24/month and den u spent N16 on your needs and den saved the N8 for a period of 12months so that u can buy a car worth N96.
But ended up telling you that u saved N6 which will give u N72/annum for the car as against the normal N96.

Please did I do my job correctly by explaining anything meaningful to u?

In exam questions, u will see option a) 8, b) 6, c) 9, d) 4. If after all the solving, u had in mind to say 8 is d correct ans and den ticked on option B(6). Please will the lecturer mark u correctly?

Public figure should live above silly mistakes, it is misleading the entire populace. But our problem as Nigerians is that we are always open to accept and give excuses. And it is killing us.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 22, 2016
lordoseji:
i hear but do you know that Ms Kemi Adeosun is a chartered accountant
who has served as commissioner of Finance
in Ogun State.?
do you also know that she is chartered first in UK and and later Nigeria.she has worked as an accountant in blue chips companies including prime auditing firms in the UK before coming to Nigeria which implies;

that her credential is unquestionable
that this is only a simple human error
that even the professor of mathematics who teaches the same subject every day makes this kinds of mistakes

lets try and always be realistic and stop calumnious criticism
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by lailo: 9:11am On Feb 22, 2016
Ur blackmail even make me like d woman more.She is more sound than ur almighty okonjo iweala wu supervised an economy with oil sold 120 dollars per barrel but ended up leaving nigeria in unprecedented colossal debt,borrowed money to pay the last two months in office salary to workers,supervised d greatest yam eating tenure of our common wealth AND u expect dis woman to perform magic when d price went down to $50 per barrel.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Maximus85(m): 9:13am On Feb 22, 2016
lordoseji:
Nigeria’s minister of finance, Kemi Adeosun, has failed a simple arithmetic after saying that 16 + 6 = 24. While addressing a press briefing recently, the
finance minister goofed while doing simple arithmetic and said that the addition of 16 billion and 6 billion would amount to N24billion. Her speech was made during an address as she exposed some anomalies in the examination body where a declaration of N3
million is being made out of N 16 billion generated.
watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTttgPoRulg

Source https://www.naij.com/738389-unbelievable-nigerias-finance-minister-says-166-24-watch-video.html

It is a simple mistake. No one is perfect.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by sam90s(m): 9:16am On Feb 22, 2016
Too many people get hard-on for this lady sha, I no blame them grin
Guys just give up, cos she's already married to one of you.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by frisky2good(m): 9:21am On Feb 22, 2016
It was APC that brought this kind of bitterness into Nigerian politics. Imagine a minister under GEJ making this kind of error, twitter for don full.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Bimpe29: 9:21am On Feb 22, 2016
Why do we always quick to celebrate other's mistake? We attach seriousness to trivial issue. Mistake is not a respecter of anybody. Slip of tongue it was on Minister's part. Then how does that affect her competence?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by ElFenomeno1: 9:21am On Feb 22, 2016
lordoseji:
in Ogun State.?

So?
The same Ogun State she almost bankrupted by overstating it's IGR based on flawed analysis and calculations!!!
The role is too big for Kemi Adeosun, I have nothing against her but Nigeria deserves better for such a sensitive and ginormous ministerial portfolio.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by luvmijeje(f): 9:22am On Feb 22, 2016
This is unbelievable! Nigerians are unbelievable!

I can't believe with all she raised ,all someone could pinpoint is 16+6 does not equate 24.

EFCC must beam their searchlight on all our examination agencies. They must account for the billions they have been generating since their inception.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by ElFenomeno1: 9:23am On Feb 22, 2016
makenzie:
do you also know that she is chartered first in UK and and later Nigeria.she has worked as an accountant in blue chips companies including prime auditing firms in the UK before coming to Nigeria which implies;

that her credential is unquestionable
that this is only a simple human error
that even the professor of mathematics who teaches the same subject every day makes this kinds of mistakes

lets try and always be realistic and stop calumnious criticism

Prime auditing firms like? Go on, list them!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by colli247(m): 9:24am On Feb 22, 2016
OutOnBail:
Even Microsoft and Google programmers make mistakes in coding leading to bugs that affects millions so what's the fuss.

u now collect mistake if na Igbo man u collect what stupid ppl
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Holmes07(m): 9:25am On Feb 22, 2016
[quote author=ifelovemi post=43136930][/quote] What a silly opinion..
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by IkpuMmadu: 9:25am On Feb 22, 2016
What do you expect from a woman that had qouta system education...we are in for a wrong and long thing...this is the mess these west guys has put us

6 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by lomprico(m): 9:26am On Feb 22, 2016
lordoseji:
in Ogun State.?
Wait! She never marry? Naim I dey here dey dull mysef. Omo see groove.
She is d only thing hot about apshit.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by IkpuMmadu: 9:28am On Feb 22, 2016
Tpave:

This is not a mistake...this is Arithmetics and Maths which a prinmary 3 can understand

16 and 6 is basically 22. how is that complex

#

She Is Just Daft

6 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by IkpuMmadu: 9:29am On Feb 22, 2016
lordoseji:
in Ogun State.?

na toto she take charter naaa...no wonder she never marry.

Miss can you imagine

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by IkpuMmadu: 9:31am On Feb 22, 2016
chigoizie7:
It is certainly a mistake, but an avoidable one.

If she had prepared well for that speech, she shouldn't have made such mistake.

Apparently, she was trying to explain certain things to people, she must have gone through what she was explaining, @least to know if her explanations will hold any water.

If I want to prove to u that if u have N24/month and den u spent N16 on your needs and den saved the N8 for a period of 12months so that u can buy a car worth N96.
But ended up telling you that u saved N6 which will give u N72/annum for the car as against the normal N96.

Please did I do my job correctly by explaining anything meaningful to u?

In exam questions, u will see option a) 8, b) 6, c) 9, d) 4. If after all the solving, u had in mind to say 8 is d correct ans and den ticked on option B(6). Please will the lecturer mark u correctly?

Public figure should live above silly mistakes, it is misleading the entire populace. But our problem as Nigerians is that we are always open to accept and give excuses. And it is killing us.

these are the kind of lectuers and educated professionals that South West Churn out,,,,it is those type of professionals that ruined NITEL,NIPOST, NEPA and NIGERIANAIRWAY

NO APOLOGY

7 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by heilige(m): 9:31am On Feb 22, 2016
That is magic. AKA corruption practice, where 1+1 = 11
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Holmes07(m): 9:32am On Feb 22, 2016
Tpave:
The fact that no one is above mistake should nt be used blindly in defense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by kenex4ever(m): 9:34am On Feb 22, 2016
because they are jealous of NOI they rushed to organise a half baked accountant from their region to occupy Dsame seat in their negative change admin.
To d extent dat one nittttwitttt was comparing this educational mistake to NOI in another thread. Shame!!!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dayyabu Lawan: Meet A Nigerian Politician Who Is A Tea Maker In Kano / Father Begs Ba-Ana, His Boko Haram Son To Do Surrender (Photos) / Okada Riders Form A Motorcade For Buhari In Bauchi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.