Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying (69434 Views)

Groom Crying On His Wedding, What May Be Wrong? / My 1st Daughter Saw Her 1st Period Today & She’s Been Crying All Day - Doctor / It's Our Wedding Anniversary! Help Us Thank Jehovah. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by ireneidiva(f): 4:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
yommys01:
me no sex? For where? She is pregnant sef.
Lol. Smh

1 Like

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by iceberylin(m): 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
lonngmann:
erm..did you pratice no sex before marriage?

It might be because of what she saw on her wedding night that is making her cry

Especially the fact that she has to live with it like that for the rest of her life grin
Dies grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by francistolorun(m): 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
Give her time, she will cope
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Tpave(m): 5:02pm On Feb 23, 2016
yommys01:
No time bros
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by delors(m): 5:02pm On Feb 23, 2016
yommys01:
I got married on Saturday 20th of February 2016. We were in an hotel till Monday, wanted us to stay longer but she refused saying she wants to go home ( that used to be my house).

Ever since we got home yesterday ( Monday), she has been crying. Called her mom, she prayed for her, my mom called her too and prayed for her.

She stopped crying for a while, we woke up with another round of crying this morning.

This is breaking my heart. I hate to cry as it often leads me to depression now I am close to tears myself.

I don't know if I have done something wrong or what to do. It is hurting as she cries.

When we were dating, she finds it difficult without her family for long " oh, I am already missing my dad, I am already missing my siblings" could this be the reason?

One day she came to mine from home as we have Dr appointment early and she lives in another state, she got to mine and 1 hour later she wanted to go home. "I am missing my dad sha" which got me annoyed then.

Could it be that the crying now is linked? She is 25 and I am 30 and we spent quite some time together before marriage. The fact we used to be together for so long makes it more confusing. This is a house she has always been in why the crying now?

It is hurting me. Badly and I am confused.

What do I do?
Lol. You ignored something important while dating her. You married a baby. Lol
Had a gf a while back. Lovely in her mid 20s. She n her mom talked a lot on phone (parents are in naija) mentions her dad's name every time but I thought that was fine. Then, one December, she couldn't travel home. Then the world collapsed. She kept crying. Saying I miss my family (family who were in d country to see her in like October if d same year o), I miss my lil sis, etc etc. I thought this was a joke until I couldn't sleep all through December period. Wanted me to take her to Las Vegas just for d weekend...too sudden...too unreasonable...too selfish. I suggested a closer place...more cries...and cries...and cries...and cries...my dad would v done this my dad would have done that. Worst Christmas of my life!
Bottom line, she's attached to her parents - kinda spoilt, babyish.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by dutchie101: 5:11pm On Feb 23, 2016
I laughed hard at your comment, it was the reason i finally decided after years of just reading to join Nairaland today just to reply your comment. Nice one

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by hadexdemo: 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
Bro u marry egbere
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by ourchoice(m): 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2016
Na wa o....can't stop laughing....women really don't know what they want o...give them A,they want B, give them B back, they start clamoring to have A again....if you wake her up one morning and tell her that you are done now and that she should go back to her father's house to enjoy her home....believe me, her eyes go clear cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Semper247(m): 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
MizMyColi:
I think it's pretty normal for someone who has forged very strong familial bonds with their relation.

This might sound harshsmiley
But you need to go tough in love.

While scolding her might sound like an option, it might turn out to be counter productive.

First, stop indulging and petting her.
I'm sure you've told her by now that she is now married to you, and that both of you need to be strong both mentally and emotionally for each other to build your lives.

If you have had this pep talk with her, and she is still tearing up.
Permit her to go to her house.
Tell her to stay as long as she likes and she shouldn't return until you come for her.

This sounds brutal, but it seems an efficient way to cure that unwanted spirit in her.

Miss, u will make a good marriage counselor and minister of marriage affairs by extension. Good one gal.... Wish I could give u a hug for this.

1 Like

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by chaberry(m): 5:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
Octobertwentysix:
Give her time it also happened to me weeks to my wedding I was so excited about leaving my home and state for a new adventure in another state but on the day of the wedding immediately the reception came to an end I started crying that people wondered if I was forced to marry my husband, a deacon in my Church had to take me aside to talk to me but to no avail. More than five people talked to me but I was inconsolable many people were irritated. I cried all the way from PH to Warri
and cried all through the night. I kept calling home so much so that my husband allowed. me to go back home to PH the next week after I gave birth to our first child at my request my hubby allowed me to go to PH for the omugwo for a month. On my way to PH I started crying again and my mum just laughed cos few months back I cried while leaving them now its the other way round. Its been five years now just had my second child but this time I refused to go with my mum so she had to stay. You know what she said? You have grown up. so don't worry your wife will grow up. Give her time. All the best

Lolcheesycheesycheesy

Your moniker thou(Oct 26), My birthdate and month
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by habsydiamond(m): 5:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
She may be 25 outside but 5 inside. She needs fasting and prayers oooo. Crying is not always good. majority of it comes with sorrow. Its better you talk her to ur pastor.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by egeoffery: 5:57pm On Feb 23, 2016
When girls are fasting and praying to get married so that they would live their family houses, some are crying to go back... Funny life.

1 Like

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by mortee: 6:03pm On Feb 23, 2016
yommys01:
Her mom will come over for a 2-3 days. She is not the gift type. What makes her happy is family and family. Her father operates almost a compound family.

If you ask me, I'd say it's kind of early to have her mom come stay for 2-3 days just because your wife misses home. If you start this way, she'll never break loose from what you want her to stop doing, and challenges between you may be difficult to resolve because she knows she will always be accepted back home, even if temporarily. What happens if after her mum comes and goes, she keeps crying? Will you ask her mum to move in permanently? A better alternative would have been to ask her to go back home for some days till she stops missing her family.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by amtaken(f): 6:07pm On Feb 23, 2016
Like a very long D?

lonngmann:

Especially the fact that she has to live with it like that for the rest of her life grin
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by MizMyColi(f): 6:08pm On Feb 23, 2016
Semper247:

Miss, u will make a good marriage counselor and minister of marriage affairs by extension. Good one gal.... Wish I could give u a hug for this.

Thanks Brosmileysmiley
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Faith111: 6:14pm On Feb 23, 2016
Kingsasian:
Give her some time. She will get use to living with you soon. Its normal for ladies to act that way. Three years ago when my younger sister got married she was always running back to our family home almost on a daily basis until my parents talked to her. Just exercise patience and she will be alright.

When I got married it was a real battle between my hubby nd my daddy...My dad called everyday, sometimes more than once a day.
My hubby was uncomfortable with it and i felt like crying sometimes even though we had dated for years and he was very caring. He started picking up my dad's call to tell him I'm fine..After some time, my dad felt I was happy and has limited his calls to weekends...
Imagine my Hubby asked me lots of times who I loved more between Him and my Dad.
I kept on reasurring him that I love my Dad but love him more. My hubby so relates with my Dad that my Dad has forgotten about me and I've forgotten about him.
You have to use all your love skills this time around and make her dad know Shes comfortable so He can calm down and She will adjust after some time.

1 Like

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by mzEhmmy(f): 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
yommys01:
Yh,this cud be a reason due to hormones rise and fall. Pls take it easy on her.

1 Like

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by esan1(m): 6:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
My own was even about to stop me from work with her funny behaviour, just let her know marriage is not for baby and stop peting her.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Faith111: 6:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
Kingsasian:
Give her some time. She will get use to living with you soon. Its normal for ladies to act that way. Three years ago when my younger sister got married she was always running back to our family home almost on a daily basis until my parents talked to her. Just exercise patience and she will be alright.

When I got married it was a real battle between my hubby nd my daddy...My dad called everyday, sometimes more than once a day.
My hubby was uncomfortable with it and i sometimes felt like crying after my dad called despite the fact that we courted for years before marriage and he was very caring. He started picking up my dad's call to tell him I'm fine..After some time, my dad felt I was happy and has limited his calls to weekends...
Imagine my Hubby asked me lots of times who I loved more between Him and my Dad.
I kept on reasurring him that I love my Dad but love him more. My hubby so relates with my Dad that my Dad has forgotten about me and I've forgotten about him.
You have to use all your love skills this time around and make her dad know Shes comfortable so He can calm down and She will adjust after some time.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Kingsasian(m): 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
Faith111:

My hubby was uncomfortable with it and i felt like crying sometimes even though we had dated for years and he was very caring. He started picking up my dad's call to tell him I'm fine..After some time, my dad felt I was happy and has limited his calls to weekends...
nice one. I do feel for newly married ladies because despite the fact that I am a guy I can't imagine myself as a lady leaving the family I have grown to know to start a new life with someone else bearing in mind that I will only be allowed or opportune to see them occasionally. I felt for my younger sister. Its not easy o.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
Don't worry OP.....in like 3 years time, you may be the one to start crying.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Henovy: 7:15pm On Feb 23, 2016
lonngmann:

See wetin you dey think. Far fetched menn!
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by YelloweWest: 7:15pm On Feb 23, 2016
lonngmann:

Choi u bad I hear grin
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by athorello(m): 7:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
I just remembered how my cousin cried so profiously on her wedding day back in 2013 that even her mum and siblings started crying. That was when she's to be taken to the church. And I was like... Ehn, so even after TM? Does this still happen in this era? Bottom line, she's a rare gem and a glue in the family. Even the church service was extraordinary as she's a chorister and loved by all. Me self wey no dey get patience for church wedding ceremony.
Hope your new wifey accept her current status in time... Lol!
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by cirmuell(m): 7:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
lonngmann:

cheesygrin madman
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2016
Still imagining how my wedding go be.....Will I cry sha??
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by calcal: 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2016
she is member of obanje and had a commitment so she need spiritual healing.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by cheriey(f): 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
Well, iv never seen ds kain bond before, its gud sha ooo.let's hope its jus bond.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by AirmirthDY(f): 10:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
airmirthd1:
Still imagining how my wedding go be.....Will I cry sha??
You won't have a cause to EVER cry...

1 Like

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by SolexxBarry(m): 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2016
lonngmann:

This really cracked me up grin grin
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
AirmirthDY:
You won't have a cause to EVER cry...
AMEN
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Saraben(f): 10:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
viceldo:
Bro Give Her Time She Would Get Over It....Same Goes To My Elder Sis Before She Get Marrige She No Let Us Hear Word....The She Got Marrige... They Were About To Go When Star Crying Na So She No Grre Go Her Husband House Because Say Nah She Be The Only Girl...My Mom Have To Relase One Of My Younger Bro To Go With Her And Stayed For Like Two Month Before She Agree To Stay
you murdered English . kaiii

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

22-Year-Old Lady Finally Finds Her Dad Who Impregnated Her Mum And Ran Away.PICS / Bride Stunned After Clergyman Asked Her To Pledge Her Breasts During Wedding Vow / "I Am Too Beautiful To Do House Chores" - Nigerian Woman. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.