Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally (43834 Views)

How Do We Stop The Spread Of "Davido Syndrome" Among Our Ladies? / Share That Songs That Makes You Go Emotionally / Just Look At What Selfie Has Reduced Our Ladies Into. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by raayah(f): 6:30pm On Feb 24, 2016
Tallesty1:
There she goes again.

Have you seen a Nigerian man that expects his woman to dribble like Messi on bed and run to him like Ronaldo whenever he calls her because he likes football? The anti-men spirit in you hardly let you see sense in a whatever a guy posts, especially if it concerns ladies.

The OP is talking about getting emotional involved with these movies/actors. Someone women automatically forget whatever they're doing once it is time to watch them.

Who likes movie addiction?

Read the OP well biko, he isn't condemn watching it, he said watch but don't expect your man to treat you that way.

Baseless assumptions.

You said women forget themselves when watching movies while men are alert while watching football.

I don't agree. Where are you getting this information from?

Like I said, this issue is a sign of internalized misogyny, not wanting women to be happy.

If you cannot do without the attention of your wife for one hour, maybe it's you that has the problem, not her.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Chukazu: 6:33pm On Feb 24, 2016
raayah:

All these spinning and spinning will not hide the truth, men are violent and our society is being destroyed by men.

If you can spin it and say that women are affected by telemundo, why can't I say men are affected by violent games ( we even have proof for this)?

You can't have it both ways, its either movies influence people or not.

Now tell me, violence is ruining our society and making men murderers.

I think we should be more worried about violent movies than romance movies.

am sure your dad is also a man, so how violent is he?
Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by raayah(f): 6:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
Chukazu:

am sure your dad is also a man, so how violent is he?

I am sure your mum is a woman, is she alsp emotionally damaged because she watches tv?

1 Like

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:40pm On Feb 24, 2016
daveP:
jeffreyjamez, you're sighted!!

I still recall your stance on these "boys over flowers" crew. it inducing tears you'l never see from a lady when at a burial ground and you wonder what is happening.

even Salvador el cuerpo sef..... to some reality is dimmer than the light from a lampwick

Your siggy tho!.... 100% on point grin

1 Like

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Tallesty1(m): 6:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
raayah:

Baseless assumptions.
Read 1/2 of the comments to see if what I said are facts or assumptions.

raayah:
You said women forget themselves when watching movies while men are alert while watching football.
I didn't say that.

Read me again "we don't expect women to become Ronaldo and Messi after watching football unlike women that expect such unrealistic love and romance from their partners after watching Tele

raayah:
I don't agree. Where are you getting this information from?
Read the comments again, especially the one from ladies.

The answer to your question is on this thread. Check it

raayah:
Like I said, this issue is a sign of internalized misogyny, not wanting women to be happy.
For a feminist, especially the men hater type, even the early morning attention we get is a sign of internalized misogyny not wanting women to happy.

raayah:
If you cannot do without the attention of your wife for one hour, maybe it's you that has the problem, not her.

Is the op and other commentors on this thread complaining about lack of attention or unrealistic expectations that comes from these movies.

Finally Raayah, what makes you think that men do not want women to be happy? Be reasonable here pls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Sanchez01: 6:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
ghostwritter:

abeg relax jaré, don't inflict ur anger on d guys....It's obviouse u've got a relationship problem and u ar lashing out.
Get d message: Telemundo is good but d obsession is bad.
I thought I was the only one who noticed it. She had probably dated some wicked Nairaland guys or perhaps found herself in a relationship wherein she had been abused. I read through her words and could see the outburst of anger there.

1 Like

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Sanchez01: 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
raayah:

All these spinning and spinning will not hide the truth, men are violent and our society is being destroyed by men.

If you can spin it and say that women are affected by telemundo, why can't I say men are affected by violent games ( we even have proof for this)?

You can't have it both ways, its either movies influence people or not.

Now tell me, violence is ruining our society and making men murderers.

I think we should be more worried about violent movies than romance movies.
The bolded tells a lot about what you perhaps have (been) passing through.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by joseph1832(m): 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
raayah:

If you think that murder, rape, armed robbery are a lesser issue than a woman falling in love, then we cannot simply continue this conversation.

Have a great day!
LOL. Take a chill pill. Not everybody is a pacifist. See the reality that is the world today.

All I've been trying to tell you is that one stand to gain a lot from watching football, playing video games than watching telemundo.

Its all about knowledge.
Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by joseph1832(m): 6:52pm On Feb 24, 2016
Sanchez01:

The bolded tells a lot about what you perhaps have (been) passing through.
I've been trying to tell her that anyone who watches football and play video games gain knowledge from it, but all what she saw was violence, and more violence.

I wonder what one stand to gain from watching Telemundo series
Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by raayah(f): 6:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
Tallesty1:
Read 1/2 of the comments to see if what I said are facts or assumptions.

I didn't say that.

Read me again "we don't expect women to become Ronaldo and Messi after watching football unlike women that expect such unrealistic love and romance from their partners after watching Tele

Read the comments again, especially the one from ladies.

The answer to your question is on this thread. Check it

For a feminist, especially the men hater type, even the early morning attention we get is a sign of internalized misogyny not wanting women to happy.

Is the op and other commentors on this thread complaining about lack of attention or unrealistic expectations that comes from these movies.

Finally Raayah, what makes you think that men do not want women to be happy? Be reasonable here pls

Another Baseless assumption, how many women have demanded that their husband change due to watching telemundo.?
Why do we assume the worse for women while assuming the best for men?

It's an ego thing! Read up on the male ego and toxic masculinity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by newpisces: 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2016
naughtynaughty:
I loooove telemundo!
I mean who dosnt want sincere love, attention nd care? Is dt too much 2ask for?

Y'all Naija guys need 2upgrade ur stale a.ss abt how to treat a lady! *straightface*

My fav is Queen of hearts! Its ova tho

Looooooooooool. This is a typical example of the problem grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Tallesty1(m): 6:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
raayah:
Another Baseless assumption, how many women have demanded that their husband change due to watching telemundo.?
Why do we assume the worse for women while assuming the best for men?

It's an ego thing! Read up on the male ego and toxic masculinity.
How many men have time for telerubish?

Your arguments are completely off point, the problem isn't in watching those movies but the unrealistic love and romance that women expect from their men after watching them.

Even after begging you to be reasonable, you still disappointed me. G Night.

1 Like

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Chukazu: 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2016
raayah:

I am sure your mum is a woman, is she alsp emotionally damaged because she watches tv?

I never made the assumption.

you keep equating men and violent tendencies all through your write up.

you don't make such sweeping remarks because indirectly you include your very own blood.
Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by raayah(f): 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
Chukazu:

I never made the assumption.

you keep equating men and violent tendencies all through your write up.

you don't make such sweeping remarks because indirectly you include your very own blood.

Just like how op equated watching emotional tv drama with women's emotional health, I am merely equating violent movies and games watched and played by men to violence in men.

If he can't make such bold statements without facts, why can't I?

If he can reduce women to children who cannot differentiate between movies and real life, why can't I do the same for men?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by skywalker240(m): 7:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
sexymoma:
I don't like this telemudo of a thing ooo even the name sounds mumuish
how reletionship go dey sweet from beginning to the end.. even if dem wan get grudges, na romantic grudges dem go get angry
na yeye

What about korea?
Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by raayah(f): 7:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
joseph1832:
I've been trying to tell her that anyone who watches football and play video games gain knowledge from it, but all what she saw was violence, and more violence.

I wonder what one stand to gain from watching Telemundo series

What knowledge do you gain from watching violent movies and playing violent games
Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by ClintonDal(m): 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
I'd rather subject myself to watching Spongebob and The Simpson than watching Telemundo.

2 Likes

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by raayah(f): 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
Sanchez01:

I thought I was the only one who noticed it. She had probably dated some wicked Nairaland guys or perhaps found herself in a relationship wherein she had been abused. I read through her words and could see the outburst of anger there.

Sigh, did you read my profile?

I just hate nairaland men, really!

I like to call out their misogyny whenever I'm free!

It makes me happy seeing men online squirm and write frantic posts when I call them out online and show them how sexist they are.

My persona on nairaland is crafted for this purpose.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by NaWetinDey(m): 7:24pm On Feb 24, 2016
Laughable...
philippinos make the most numbers of women seeking for different kinds of relationships in all social sites. They are vague and irredeemably unrealistic with what they ecpect to get frin love without counting what they give. It's all about then neetung that very rich guy who will transform their supposedly wretched lives. It's just like Indian movies - filled with tantalizing but fake expectatiobs. Go to India and live there a while; you will stop your worthless crush on them. We are better in every way, I tell you. All we need is #BuyNaijatoGrowNaira

1 Like

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Legitbaba(m): 7:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
joseph1832:
Mr Valia, Mr Valia, Bani, Bani, etc. Good lord most of our ladies don't know there's a difference betwEen fiction and reality.

In fiction, good always conquer evil. In reality, sometimes, or even most times evil always conquer good.

Its not a wonder most of our ladies end up being emotional wrecks due to high expectations on their relationship which they base on this Telemundo series.

Its also like a woman always reading Mills and Boon.
... Abeg na which drink u dey drink... make i drop 3 bottles for ur table. ..
Hve always said it... Movies jst makes everything seem like justice is always served at d end... Whic is d opposite in real life... Dats why i dnt even believe in dis karma shit... Karma na wayo itsef

1 Like

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by raayah(f): 7:40pm On Feb 24, 2016
joseph1832:
Mr Valia, Mr Valia, Bani, Bani, etc. Good lord most of our ladies don't know there's a difference betwEen fiction and reality.

In fiction, good always conquer evil. In reality, sometimes, or even most times evil always conquer good.

Its not a wonder most of our ladies end up being emotional wrecks due to high expectations on their relationship which they base on this Telemundo series.

You see when I say your post is rooted in sexism, you guys just jump up and say no. Meanwhile you just boldly proclaimed that women cannot differentiate fiction and reality. You need help! You really do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by petkoffDrake(m): 7:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
mynd1:
Reading.
Beta read well oooo.... Cos u gurls wants us to always act like any of d hansom Guy's character in any telemundo afta seeing it...even ur reply to us will change..... As if we are acting ours

It pisses me off! angry

1 Like

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by pulsa(m): 7:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
raayah:

You see when I say your post is rooted in sexism, you guys just jump up and say no. Meanwhile you just boldly proclaimed that women cannot differentiate fiction and reality. You need help! You really do.
which dude fuccked you up to this extent
damn I see a sad manless lonely future for ......

1 Like

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by petkoffDrake(m): 8:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
naughtynaughty:
I loooove telemundo!
I mean who dosnt want sincere love, attention nd care? Is dt too much 2ask for?

Y'all Naija guys need 2upgrade ur stale a.ss abt how to treat a lady! *straightface*

My fav is Queen of hearts! Its ova tho

Baby, U need Jeezes! angry
Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by cupidhero(m): 8:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
No offence to anyone, I feel it takes a special kinda idleness and low IQ to watch that shii and take it so serious.

I don't even know what I find more annoying, is it the way they cry, their useless voice that sounds auto-tuned or the fact that one has to wait for the damn programme at a particular time everyday?_ when no be say na the Second Coming...
The only thing Telemundo and most regular nollywood movies actually do is to dumb down Nigerians especially our girls. They are the reason why patriarchy will continue to thrive. E no go better for owners of telemugu and co,dem finish work for Nigerian girls brain.

1 Like

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by petkoffDrake(m): 8:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
No offence to anyone, I feel it takes a special kinda idleness and low IQ to watch that shii and take it so serious.

I don't even know what I find more annoying, is it the way they cry, their useless voice that sounds auto-tuned or the fact that one has to wait for the damn programme at a particular time everyday?_ when no be say na the Second Coming...
No offense! But I feel like kissing u for this lovely comment smiley
Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Sanchez01: 8:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
raayah:

It makes me happy seeing men online squirm and write frantic posts when I call them out online and show them how sexist they are.

My dear, no one sets out for no just cause. That you hate Nairaland men is not natural. It must have been as a result of the fact that you were hurt by one or many. It best explains why you are irked by them. I may be wrong though but one thing stands, you have been wronged by whoever and your being out to slay is not just solely for the fun of it but a vendetta. Finally, you have been running riot over this topic for a while. I strongly believe you are missing my point and don't seem to get my message. Tallesty1 has tried to make you see it through his eyes but it seems you're not in the same realm with him. Albeit, Misogyny and Feminism struggles are not for me. I take no pride in them in any way.

1 Like

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Mayorjr(m): 8:39pm On Feb 24, 2016
Telemundo cost me my relationship!!!!!
Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by DuchessLily(f): 8:40pm On Feb 24, 2016
raayah:

Just like how op equated watching emotional tv drama with women's emotional health, I am merely equating violent movies and games watched and played by men to violence in men.

If he can't make such bold statements without facts, why can't I?

If he can reduce women to children who cannot differentiate between movies and real life, why can't I do the same for men?

Abi oo... Well said sis
Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by Tallesty1(m): 8:41pm On Feb 24, 2016
raayah:

Lmao. The little boys here hate you too, what the adults have for you is pity, pity because most of the people that have your time on here are boys that are just sampling free 10MB+5MB from MTN on their java phones.

raayah:

You like to tell them that people around you are filled with hatred.

The fact that you chose Nland where women and men enjoy equal rights to spread your feminism is prove that you're just wasting your time.

We attack ladies here, they attack us and we all laugh and laugh and laugh and fall in love and start dating while you're busy chasing after wind. The attack here is mutual, nobody takes it serious.

Go to Muslim countries, that's where your service is needed

raayah:
Only young boys between the age 10 - 16 will squirm to reply you because all you do is lash out without making sense. Cococandy is the first feminist I encountered here and she makes sense most times, unlike you.

She knows that all men are not the same, unlike you.

She knows that many Nigeria men work for their marriage to succeed, unlike you. TBH, I gave up on you the very day you said that "No Nigeria man is working for his marriage to work". It is so dumb that other dumb comments got angry when I called it dumb.

raayah:
Enjoy your time then, one day you will insult the hell outta your offline friend without knowing it.

2 Likes

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by joseph1832(m): 8:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
raayah:

Hey lady I'm sure you can read? Please note the 'most' in my post and stop generalizing.... Please see what is and stop seeing what you want to see.

joseph1832:

Re: How Telemundo Destroy Our Ladies Emotionally by bawz012(m): 8:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
Tallesty1:
How many men have time for telerubish?

Your arguments are completely off point, the problem isn't in watching those movies but the unrealistic love and romance that women expect from their men after watching them.

Even after begging you to be reasonable, you still disappointed me. G Night.

boss, pls stray from arguing with that girl.

i v taken my time to observe ur comment both.

she is arguing blindly.

albeit, she won't give up.

She knows not and she knows that...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Am I Unknowingly Dating A Prostitute ? / Why Girls Don't Reply Your Messg(facebook) / Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.