Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,346 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You (95745 Views)

Black People Have Super Powers #UNDERGROUNDRISEUP / Ooni Cannot Marry The Single Mother, Emmanuella, It’s A Taboo – Palace Source / Inheritance In Ishan Land First Son Takes All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by GamaG(m): 11:42pm On Feb 24, 2016
introvertious:
The issue of purnishment wen a married woman commits adultery takes effect only if the ritual of dat purnishment was carried out on d woman after their marriage I.e There r things they do to married women after marriage(if ur husband accepts) b4 dat curse can come upon u.

....The husband of a woman who just gave birth must stay away from her sexually for three months as she’s considered unclean because of the after delivery blood she discharges...
Dis is so not true as a colleague of mine who is igbo but married to an esan man went on maternity leave(3mths) and resumed wit 1mth pregnancy though it was only her friends dat knew till d stomach bcame obvious.

Lastly, d 2nd highest number of womanizers in Nigeria are d Esan men..
who are the first in Nigeria?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by summerflame(m): 12:19am On Feb 25, 2016
When were you discharged from yaba left?

Omo ale randan randan
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by JACKSNOW(m): 1:17am On Feb 25, 2016
Wuna for just gada dem jewish laws na ....Wunnana wan kill person ..y focus mainly on women what happen to de men den .
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by emi14: 5:35am On Feb 25, 2016
introvertious:
The issue of purnishment wen a married woman commits adultery takes effect only if the ritual of dat purnishment was carried out on d woman after their marriage I.e There r things they do to married women after marriage(if ur husband accepts) b4 dat curse can come upon u.

....The husband of a woman who just gave birth must stay away from her sexually for three months as she’s considered unclean because of the after delivery blood she discharges...
Dis is so not true as a colleague of mine who is igbo but married to an esan man went on maternity leave(3mths) and resumed wit 1mth pregnancy though it was only her friends dat knew till d stomach bcame obvious.

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by emi14: 5:36am On Feb 25, 2016
Which tribe is no:1
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 5:41am On Feb 25, 2016
And it will reduce the price of garri in the market..... undecided
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 25, 2016
martha89:
And it will reduce the price of garri in the market..... undecided
Goan sleep. tongue
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 5:52am On Feb 25, 2016
introvertious:

if according to your statistic they are number two then the men from your tribe are the number one womanizers in Nigeria. Well the good thing they dont get call demon on social media.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by martha89: 5:54am On Feb 25, 2016
iAmCharis:
Goan sleep. tongue
lol no .
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by eromspete(m): 6:19am On Feb 25, 2016
This man spoke the truth right here (bold) cool

KINGinVAHALA:

Hahahahaha. I always tel my mum. its either an esan woman or i wont get married. they re just d best to hv for a wife. They hustle with their life, they dnt look upto a man for their upkeep, even if no money in a home they wil bear and stay bcus of children. and also, u cant oppress them.

But the bad thing here is that coincidentally, i hv neva for once dated an esan girl. And i feel hurt abt it everyday.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Tkini(f): 6:27am On Feb 25, 2016
headTO:

Exactly. Proudly Uromi
na ur local government I dey serve
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Nobody: 6:31am On Feb 25, 2016
martha89:
lol no .
You did. cheesy
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 7:03am On Feb 25, 2016
eromspete:
This man spoke the truth right here (bold) cool

We were told only the truth shall set us free. hehehehehe. You hv a pretty sister for me? if you have, tell her the dude is a fine boy. *wink*
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 7:08am On Feb 25, 2016
Tkini:

na ur local government I dey serve
Serving in my local govt and you havent come to pay me ur dues? your own don finish. hehehehe

You better bode the next car coming to benin and come pay me your dues before i get angry.[/b]
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Tkini(f): 7:42am On Feb 25, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Serving in my local govt and you havent come to pay me ur dues? your own don finish. hehehehe

You better bode the next car coming to benin and come pay me your dues before i get angry.[/b]
lolz...............na Uromi I dey o,not Benin
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 8:11am On Feb 25, 2016
Tkini:

lolz...............na Uromi I dey o,not Benin
Lol. we re saying same thing babe. am frm uromi bt stay in benin. so u hv to bring ur dues to my abodd in benin for serving in my village, uromi.

where in uromi re u serving?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by 1miccza: 8:13am On Feb 25, 2016
Come I get Esan neighbours wey no obey even one and nothing don do them o
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Harrieto: 8:31am On Feb 25, 2016
Well, this is absolutely true. to those who think it's mere superstitions. It still happens to a cheating wife. I am an Ishan lady
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Tkini(f): 9:09am On Feb 25, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Lol. we re saying same thing babe. am frm uromi bt stay in benin. so u hv to bring ur dues to my abodd in benin for serving in my village, uromi.

where in uromi re u serving?
oooooookay.............lolz. ur local govt DT is not nice at all.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by H2Ossss(m): 9:10am On Feb 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Shey she kill person ni? What happens when a married Isan man cheats?

Anyway, na superstition sha... Make una kontinue...

God Bless Isans and Entire Edo People Forever

no be superstition ohh... e dey happen... there is a ritual done during trad marriage, if its done then it happens... but due to christianity most of these rituals are no longer practiced... #stillthatedoboy
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by H2Ossss(m): 9:12am On Feb 25, 2016
1miccza:
Come I get Esan neighbours wey no obey even one and nothing don do them o

they dont obey even 1? hw u knw say d woman dey cheat? lol...as I said earlier... the rituals that prompts all these happenings are no longer carried out esp due to education nd christianity.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 9:25am On Feb 25, 2016
Tkini:
oooooookay.............lolz. ur local govt DT is not nice at all.
Whats nt nice with my local govt.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by nefertitiram: 9:34am On Feb 25, 2016
pet4ril:
did you really grow up in ishan?
If yes, what part of ishan?
Because, the last time I checked, most of the the ishan men i know takes good care ttheir wives and never believed the women are created to serve them but instead they see themselves as the head and takes care of their homes like the head

Irrua
Ahhh... you must really be lucky. Lol!
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by nefertitiram: 9:36am On Feb 25, 2016
aim5:

You'd think a woman would want a strong alpha male, but apparently things are changing nowadays.

We want a friend, a brother, a companion. Not a lord and master.

You must pound yam, soup must be fresh, you must set table. Men cannot enter kitchen. Women cannot do this or that. This one taboo, dat one taboo!!! Haba!
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Tkini(f): 9:53am On Feb 25, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Whats nt nice with my local govt.
everything........... they are not accommodating to Corpers and things are verrrrrrrrry expensive here
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 10:54am On Feb 25, 2016
Tkini:

everything........... they are not accommodating to Corpers and things are verrrrrrrrry expensive here
Everything? you mean ntin good abt my people? If i slap u ehn, che u nor get respect? lol

They arent accommodating to corpers? well, corpers re humans nd i feel u shudnt mk others treatments inferior to that of corpers. if i where u sweetheart, i would try mind my business bcus men for dat area nor get joy o. lol

Things re expensive? things like what? dnt 4get cost of items has skyrocketed all over the country for abt 3 or more months bcus of this dollars stuff, so i see no reason why uromi shud be exempted. and compare to benin nd some other part of Nigeria, i still feel uromi is way cheaper. and dnt 4get uromi nt a village as some ignorant people would think but a bumming city only below benin in edo state.

Anyway, i wish u goodluck nd success. u can cal me to send u helping hands in uromi if some persons wanna take advantage of u been a stranger there. lol
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 11:05am On Feb 25, 2016
nefertitiram:

You must pound yam, soup must be fresh, you must set table. Men cannot enter kitchen. Women cannot do this or that. This one taboo, dat one taboo!!! Haba!
I wudnt agree wit u less on this, bt u would also agree wit me dt wat u stated was mostly practised by our forefathers, present dads nd mums and nt really wit we their children. and u wud also agree that u hardly seen an esan guy in dis present day dt doesnt knw hw to cook. So why wud helping my good wife in the kitchen when i knw hw to cook and also hv the chance? Me self they cook for my gfs whenever they were coming and they even prefered it to fastfood stuff. I hv an immediate elder bro dt til dis moment i stil havent seen even a woman dt can cook beta dan him? We re 5 guys in my family nd we all knw hw to cook. so why wont we help nd support our wives in the kitchen?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 11:09am On Feb 25, 2016
Harrieto:
Well, this is absolutely true. to those who think it's mere superstitions. It still happens to a cheating wife. I am an Ishan lady
ESAN nd nt ISHAN. its ignorant outsiders that pronounced it ishan and shudnt be an insider like u dat is supposed to knw.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Tkini(f): 11:29am On Feb 25, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Everything? you mean ntin good abt my people? If i slap u ehn, che u nor get respect? lol

They arent accommodating to corpers? well, corpers re humans nd i feel u shudnt mk others treatments inferior to that of corpers. if i where u sweetheart, i would try mind my business bcus men for dat area nor get joy o. lol

Things re expensive? things like what? dnt 4get cost of items has skyrocketed all over the country for abt 3 or more months bcus of this dollars stuff, so i see no reason why uromi shud be exempted. and compare to benin nd some other part of Nigeria, i still feel uromi is way cheaper. and dnt 4get uromi nt a village as some ignorant people would think but a bumming city only below benin in edo state.

Anyway, i wish u goodluck nd success. u can cal me to send u helping hands in uromi if some persons wanna take advantage of u been a stranger there. lol
I didn't say nothing good abt Uromi I only said everything is experience and this was before d dollar hype............to d extent DT if mistakenly put on ur khaki to d market tons DT are sold for #500 u go buy am #1200.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 11:40am On Feb 25, 2016
Tkini:

I didn't say nothing good abt Uromi I only said everything is experience and this was before d dollar hype............to d extent DT if mistakenly put on ur khaki to d market tons DT are sold for #500 u go buy am #1200.
Hehehehe. sorry for that. which state re u frm?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by nefertitiram: 1:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

I wudnt agree wit u less on this, bt u would also agree wit me dt wat u stated was mostly practised by our forefathers, present dads nd mums and nt really wit we their children. and u wud also agree that u hardly seen an esan guy in dis present day dt doesnt knw hw to cook. So why wud helping my good wife in the kitchen when i knw hw to cook and also hv the chance? Me self they cook for my gfs whenever they were coming and they even prefered it to fastfood stuff. I hv an immediate elder bro dt til dis moment i stil havent seen even a woman dt can cook beta dan him? We re 5 guys in my family nd we all knw hw to cook. so why wont we help nd support our wives in the kitchen?

Na my popsie and uncles give me this bad impression. I have 11 uncles from my dad's side, 5 brothers and they were all angry

I worked taya when growing up cos I was the only girl. I told myself, me? marry ishan? Neverrrrr!!!! grin
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by nefertitiram: 1:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
To marry Ishan girl? Very easy!

When hubby saw my bride price list he was like is this all? I would have married you long ago na! Till today he still yabs me cos the list was full of ogogoro and 33 abi trophy beer and palm wine.

Marrying Ishan girl is the way forward. No stress at all

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Yoruba Incantations. . . . . / Ikwerre Names & Their Meanings / 4 Nigerian Slangs Currently Making The Rounds On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.