Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You (95568 Views)

Black People Have Super Powers #UNDERGROUNDRISEUP / Ooni Cannot Marry The Single Mother, Emmanuella, It’s A Taboo – Palace Source / Inheritance In Ishan Land First Son Takes All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by mrlaw93(m): 1:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] Their cup of tea
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Ekehwinz: 1:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
Have heard and seen many things bout esan people. I fear who no fear them.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by suwalee(f): 1:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Shey she kill person ni? What happens when a married Isan man cheats?

Anyway, na superstition sha... Make una kontinue...

God Bless Isans and Entire Edo People Forever
dis tradition is paramount amongst all edo clan not just esan momcy also tells u d same too

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by suwalee(f): 1:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

dis tradition is paramount amongst all edo clan not just esan momcy also tells us d same too
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Uten9z(m): 1:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
How abt the Man
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by prettymina(f): 1:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
Proudly edo repping Auchi...I no be esan o grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by kuuljay(m): 1:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
I have an esan babe wey I dey call knack for hot afternoon if am bored in the office,am I in trouble
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by suwalee(f): 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
erunz:
BY BROTHER NO BE SUPERSTITION OOOO, IT STILL HAPPENS. JUST THAT I THINK THE PUNISHMENT HAS BEEN MODERNIZED. AND IF THE WOMAN DOES NOT CONFESS OR GOES FOR CLEANSING SHE STARTS LOSING HER CHILDREN AT THAT POINT THE HUSBAND IS NOT SAFE ANYMORE.

ESAN OYEEEE
it's not modernized o it's for real seen it happen to a woman tho she's dead now
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by sagieramos(m): 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
That is why some esan lady hate acepting bride price
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
Davide470.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by suwalee(f): 1:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
bilulu:
Reason y their women hardly go outside tho d d writeup is not tru...... No 3: wen a married woman commits adultery it affects d husband not d children. wen a woman commits adultery d husband should stop eating her food else he'll die except he agrees to still marry her den d normal ritual. mind u d ritual doesn't entails blood
apart from dat I don't no were d op got odas from
it's affects all of them especially the hussy n d kids might lose their life

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by XPEELA: 1:52pm On Feb 24, 2016
AFRICA WITH TABOO IS LIKE BREAD AND BUTTER
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Young03(m): 1:52pm On Feb 24, 2016
Op dos things no de work again
wetin der women de do dey fear mi

infact make i go ask mama kelvin

bt op, y e be say benin pple dey fear to marry ishan girls cus iam warned not to friend their girls oo
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Dcaliphate(m): 1:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
AFRICA IS TOO OBSESSES WITH SEX, FACE OTHER THINGS AND DEVELOP!!!!

4 Likes

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by apatuku: 1:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
....but it's not a taboo for an esan man to f.uck another babe outside marriage. grin
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by eminikansoso(m): 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
Na only no 6 i enjoyed
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by charlesucheh(m): 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
erunz:

http://www..com/talk/topic,283699.0.html
Then I'll be sorry if am ESAN....because that TABOO must kill me o!!! What an archaic mentality. We are in an enlightened era where christianity has taken the wheels, am very sure not all ESANS observe this...#thankGodamnotESAN.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Akkord4gov: 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
prettymina:

You must be esan oooo grin
What a culture,i think it favours a stable marriage
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by AreaFada2: 1:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
These taboos and more were pretty much common in most parts of Edo. Until modern Christianity came.
Certainly, a married Esan woman who has a son will mostly likely be VERY careful before engaging in illicit affair. Son and heir in particular danger.

I have come across a couple of ladies who weren't very particular about it until they had a son each. These are even city bred under 30s.

It seems to be mostly relevant if married to an Esan man, and living in rural areas now.
In Benin, if bride price has been paid, a woman ought to know that infidelity would have consequences: danger to hubby & her kids. And her in child labour.

Christianity seems to be obliterating all these in Edo.

Pastor says all have sinned. If you sin and pray to God, go on soun. grin cheesy
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 2:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
ChappyChase:
What a taboo!
This things are just to keep the people in check not that it has any effect!
For example why should a man be having sex in the afternoon when he supposed to be in his farm working!
*modified*
Am FTC again and still waiting for my alert!!!!
Felling really jobless today!
You think so? it works bro.

Proudly Esan

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by jtjohn(m): 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
It does not work again.......that's why u see most Esan women flirting and very very troublesome..........

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Sanchez01: 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
3 When a woman commits adultery, she will loose her children and her life as repercussion for the abominable act unless she confesses and as restitution, she is stri*ped completely unclad, a part of her head is shaved, a part of her private part is shaved, one of her armpits is shaved and both of her hands are tied behind her, while a basket full of trash is placed on her head. She is then paraded around the community by other women.

4 If this is not done and the woman goes ahead to cook for her children, her children will die one after the other including her. If she also confesses to her husband and out of love or pity her husband conceals the confession, he will die within a week, if he eats a meal cooked by the woman.
These are also present in Urhoboland. Till tomorrow, Urhobo women married to Urhobo men don't toy with these two.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Omeny: 2:02pm On Feb 24, 2016
Am very proud to be an Esan Son to the blood!
I know our culture and language very well!
God almighty Bless you my Brother the poster!
I will like to be an Esan again after this life!
Ibhohen Esan edooooo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 2:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
prettymina:
Ohhh. we re even frm same state!

*singing in koredo bello voice* I DON SEE MY WIFE, GODWIN!

Proudly Esan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by porshuch: 2:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
I'm a man, but I see most of these African laws are made for women. Does it mean men are free to commit crime? Truly women have suffered in Africa, that's why most of them are fighting us men back. Eg is cutting off our joystick, stabbing we men on our sleep. Pls lets love our women.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by luvablesam(m): 2:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
raayah:
Looking at the laws, you would think it's only women who exist in the world.A lot of oppression and hatred towards women.

Thank God for feminism and education that has been teaching women that this treatment is wrong and should not be tolerated.

Everyone should be held to the same standards and should be treated equally regardless of their genders!

Not that my sister. It is believed that in most African cultures, Men can marry as many women as divinely possible.. (just as being Gay or Lesbian in Europe n America is ok).

Am not making a case for the men here, am just saying the laws of ancient cheating is when a married woman sleeps with another man that isn't her hubby. But a Man sleeps with another woman other than his wife, he marries her expressly. Catch my point?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by davide470(m): 2:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
naanxie:
Davide470.

All i see is hfdjofbdjobdovbdo..
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by benedictac(f): 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Bro it's not superstition oh. It's very true. That's why you hardly see an a woman married to an Ishan man or an ishan woman cheat.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by erunz(m): 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
Omeny:
Am very proud to be an Esan Son to the blood!

I know our culture and language very well!

God almighty Bless you my Brother the poster!

I will like to be an Esan again after this life!

Ibhohen Esan edooooo!

same bro

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
Trust patriarchy cheesy. If a woman [/b]this if a [b]woman that angry
Oh, a man can't sit on our bed even if hubby is there but a [b]woman [/b]can undecided
Ana'm anu ife cool
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Ekakamba: 2:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
Abeg who come be the 1st highest number of womanizers in Nigeria?
introvertious:
The issue of purnishment wen a married woman commits adultery takes effect only if the ritual of dat purnishment was carried out on d woman after their marriage I.e There r things they do to married women after marriage(if ur husband accepts) b4 dat curse can come upon u.

....The husband of a woman who just gave birth must stay away from her sexually for three months as she’s considered unclean because of the after delivery blood she discharges...
Dis is so not true as a colleague of mine who is igbo but married to an esan man went on maternity leave(3mths) and resumed wit 1mth pregnancy though it was only her friends dat knew till d stomach bcame obvious.

Lastly, d 2nd highest number of womanizers in Nigeria are d Esan men..
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by prettymina(f): 2:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
Go and look for esan to marry o,i can't guarantee u of stable marriage wit an esan woman forget d culture
Akkord4gov:

You must be esan oooo grin
What a culture,i think it favours a stable marriage

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ikwerre Names & Their Meanings / Yoruba Incantations. . . . . / 4 Nigerian Slangs Currently Making The Rounds On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.