Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You (95790 Views)

Black People Have Super Powers #UNDERGROUNDRISEUP / Ooni Cannot Marry The Single Mother, Emmanuella, It’s A Taboo – Palace Source / Inheritance In Ishan Land First Son Takes All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by raayah(f): 6:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
litetias:

Feminism is rubbish.
You want same standards and equal treatment but still want men to open doors for you and to do all the hard work.
Thats called double standards

In a civilized society, you hold the door if someone is coming behind you irregardless of thir gender. If you personally decide to hold the door for women, that's your problem, it's not a law.

Men do most of the hard work that involve strength because they are physically stronger than women. The same for jobs like nursing which are female dominated because women are more compassionate and caring than men..

It says a lot if you cannot even understand the basic biological differences between men and women.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
nefertitiram:

At all!

They are actually proud and overbearing, and the last thing they will do is let a woman run over them. They want to lord over you and be worshipped! Arrrgh!

You'd think a woman would want a strong alpha male, but apparently things are changing nowadays.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by pet4ril(f): 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
nefertitiram:
These taboos only relate to you when you marry an Ishan man!

As an Ishan woman when you marry another tribe, you are free from this bondage! angry angry angry angry

Yes, the taboos are real. I heard em all from my Ishan parents when growing up, and as a matter of fact, my cousins died one after the other because their mum committed adultery. My uncle is still alive because he chased her away, but the children continued visiting their mother and died strange deaths.

I knew I was never gonna marry ishan man sha! Their wahala sef too plenty. Arrogant bunch! They believe that a woman was created to serve them. angry
did you really grow up in ishan?
If yes, what part of ishan?
Because, the last time I checked, most of the the ishan men i know takes good care ttheir wives and never believed the women are created to serve them but instead they see themselves as the head and takes care of their homes like the head

3 Likes

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by pet4ril(f): 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2016
whytfaz:
Lol just finished having sex between and I am Esan
that part of not having sex in the afternoon applied to some special people. Not that there is really something bad that will happen, it will only give them ailment for sometimes before they will get relief
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by ehiage27(m): 7:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
All of this are lies and fetish act of those that don't believe in God Jesus Christ.... u wen post dis self better repent cos if u no believe u no go post am. I be typical esan man and all dis na thrash for Lawma....
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by pet4ril(f): 7:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
Omon605:
1. Is a pure lie because i stays in abuja and my friends do come to visit most times and stay with us for few days. They used my wife wrapper to cover at night. Is fully accepted unless you have and interior motive. Is not forbidden in Ishian culture as you portrait

2. In Ishian once you are married nobody cares when you sleep with your wife. Anytime is allowed. No time is restricted and you are even encourage by both families to do it quick so that you can start having children, because that's the only problem I can't find in Ishian marriage. It is expected once you are married children should follow

3. Here to a large extent you are correct but no barbing of any hair and if the woman didn't confess on time she might loose her own life but for that of the children that had been revised and if the man or his suspecting the woman at all without telling his elders the man may also loose his own life. But if the man didn't know or suspect the wife in anyway he had know problem

4. If the woman confess to the husband alone without the husband family, the husband may loose his life. Once the woman confess to the husband or the husband suspected the woman at all he had to quickly alert his people and explain to them. If the woman didn't really do anything contrary she will be set free instantly and given some advice not to indulge herself in such unholy behaviour and sometimes the man will be punish for suspecting the wife. But once a woman indulge in the act and she confess and the husband still agreed to take her as his wife that's why they performed that ritual, naked the woman and takes her round the village by the women. Note : this is not a must but depending on the circumstances

5. Hmmmmmm, I understand why you missed this. Once the word cross a woman is mentioned in Ishian what everybody believe is you have slept with the woman. That's doesn't mean mere walking across a woman's legs is a taboo. You can walked across a woman's legs but you can't cross a woman (sleep)

6. That's is arm robber lie. This is just lie, if you steals your husband's money is between you and your God. Nobody cares, is not a taboo

7. Not truth at all. Anybody can sleep on your bed. Is not forbidden at all. Sometimes if the heat is too much I bring my foam outside and share with my friends. Is not forbidden if you wish to share with anybody. Fully accepted

8. Yes is forbidden if only you say it out. Is not a taboo, is just that some men used it as a means to punish their wives. No sting attached so long the man didn't announce the woman

9. I only had of this but never witness it. Even strangers bath with the same buckets th couples bath with

10. Sorry I just help you to number this. Is a lie my friend. Nobody tells you when to sleep with your during and after birth. I had a cousin whom first child is barely 11 months old and the have given birth to another baby. Am seeing some Ishian marriage attires on this your post and I believe if really you knew that couple very well it will help to provide an answer to this
though the op doesn't understand very well what he pasted about the bathing bucket, even as Christianity and civilization is dominating these traditions, some men still hold it like kilodo.
The bucket thing i know of only appled to first sons that has done 2nd burial for their father because they now believe they are always in line with the fathers spirits. Like I said its still happening to those that have refused to embrace christianity wholeheartedly, not church goers
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Young03(m): 7:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
pet4ril:
because if you do any how, you see anyhow.
Ishan girl no dey take last, and benins are afraid of ishans as a whole especially the uromians

u sound like an ishan bt anyways dats none of my biz

here in benin we run 4rm them
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by pet4ril(f): 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
nefertitiram:

At all!

They are actually proud and overbearing, and the last thing they will do is let a woman run over them. They want to lord over you and be worshipped! Arrrgh!
huhhhhh? Where did you get this one from?

1 Like

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by pet4ril(f): 7:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
Young03:

better ooooo no try cross their path abeg
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Young03(m): 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2016
pet4ril:
better ooooo no try cross their path abeg

the truth z dt i love fine girls and their girls dey fine

i will taste one sha to know the outcome
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by olayinkaj2(m): 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2016
Thank God i am not from that side. Which kind thing be this? What if una dey house for afternoon and play play started and something lead to something and the two of you are in it nko, you should not do it because of one local law? Abeg they should take back their local laws jor.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by sweetgala(m): 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
introvertious:
The issue of purnishment wen a married woman commits adultery takes effect only if the ritual of dat purnishment was carried out on d woman after their marriage I.e There r things they do to married women after marriage(if ur husband accepts) b4 dat curse can come upon u.

....The husband of a woman who just gave birth must stay away from her sexually for three months as she’s considered unclean because of the after delivery blood she discharges...
Dis is so not true as a colleague of mine who is igbo but married to an esan man went on maternity leave(3mths) and resumed wit 1mth pregnancy though it was only her friends dat knew till d stomach bcame obvious.

Lastly, d 2nd highest number of womanizers in Nigeria are d Esan men..

I was wondering same about the last one cause that Esan husband of Mercy Johnson would not stop scoring like a Hot rooster
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by jeff1607(m): 7:24pm On Feb 24, 2016
Esan ladies are just too pretty too (but I fear the ladies,dare not cheat on them or face their wrath) proudly ewohimi #purebred

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by inaiduna(m): 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2016
Lol @ Arrogant bunch... it is not our fault ooo grin grin , I think I will like to know you smiley

nefertitiram:
These taboos only relate to you when you marry an Ishan man!

As an Ishan woman when you marry another tribe, you are free from this bondage! angry angry angry angry

Yes, the taboos are real. I heard em all from my Ishan parents when growing up, and as a matter of fact, my cousins died one after the other because their mum committed adultery. My uncle is still alive because he chased her away, but the children continued visiting their mother and died strange deaths.

I knew I was never gonna marry ishan man sha! Their wahala sef too plenty. Arrogant bunch! They believe that a woman was created to serve them. angry
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by khattab02: 7:32pm On Feb 24, 2016
lol......... I can categorically tell you that most of their younger generations now (especially those that have gone to Uni and abroad) no longer apply these tabooos.. grin

that number 3 is utterly harsh especially when she will still be returned to her husband if that is the case. grin
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by imoni1010: 7:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
Am proudly an esan boy dat sexin d afternoon Is false
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
pet4ril:
did you really grow up in ishan?
If yes, what part of ishan?
Because, the last time I checked, most of the the ishan men i know takes good care ttheir wives and never believed the women are created to serve them but instead they see themselves as the head and takes care of their homes like the head
The emboldened is totally false. Its we the children that re trying to change it for the better.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by pet4ril(f): 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
Young03:

the truth z dt i love fine girls and their girls dey fine

i will taste one sha to know the outcome
chaiii .please remove eye because if you enter, you may disobey your parents because to let go will be a problem if you meet the one wey know wux up.
Omen, you go enter one chance be dat ooo
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by bilulu(m): 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
gaddafe:

The OP is right, what you just stated is the belief of the Benin and not Esan.
dis is how u people argue blindly..... are u ishan? am jux telling u wat is obtainable u re saying a diff tin.....
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 24, 2016
PresVA:
My dear, wish you can tell same to the men... why are all the rules about women? They're just giving liberty to the men to cheat while having a lot of evil lined up for woman who a man touches as small as her wrapper. ..

A woman can't spit on her husband but her husband can bath her with spit...wetin person no go hear grin grin

You educated Esan women should stand up against those barbaric cultures. You ain't anybody's doormat. ..

If they can't get rid of the rules, then it should be adjusted to suit both men and women. . Faithfulness in marriage is for both genders!

People just don't become cheats overnight. They must have at some point during courtship exhibited their propensity to cheat. A woman that can put up with a cheating boyfriend shouldn't fuss about a cheating husband. Besides, whether we choose to accept it or nor, It is a man's world, sexuallly and in most circumstances.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 7:40pm On Feb 24, 2016
Young03:

And one of Oba's daughter got married to an esan man? Bro abeg dey try lie small small. i'm esan and i also reside in benin.
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by pet4ril(f): 7:41pm On Feb 24, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

The emboldened is totally false. Its we the children that re trying to change it for the better.
anyways, i don't know where you gtow up or the set of people you grow with, but saying their men are feeling like God, its thesame in every tribe because men naturally are full of themselves, but for the saying that they believe women to be worshipping them, that i query
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by EROMS38(m): 7:42pm On Feb 24, 2016
Proudly Uromi..
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Young03(m): 7:42pm On Feb 24, 2016
pet4ril:
chaiii .please remove eye because if you enter, you may disobey your parents because to let go will be a problem if you meet the one wey know wux up.
Omen, you go enter one chance be dat ooo

i swear its irrestible , na to lash and klean mouth

bt ar u in edo
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by pet4ril(f): 7:43pm On Feb 24, 2016
olayinkaj2:
Thank God i am not from that side. Which kind thing be this? What if una dey house for afternoon and play play started and something lead to something and the two of you are in it nko, you should not do it because of one local law? Abeg they should take back their local laws jor.
this one is not so true, i may take it as a superstitious believe not taboo
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Young03(m): 7:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

And one of Oba's daughter got married to an esan man? Bro abeg dey try lie small small. i'm esan and i also reside in benin.

guy no be say benin pple no de marry them o bt there is a way benin pple regard them

bt wetin b ur problm self
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by pet4ril(f): 7:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

that Oba is a brave man not like this op, it only takes a brave man to woo and marry ishan lady tongue so free this op
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by pet4ril(f): 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
Young03:

i swear its irrestible , na to lash and klean mouth

bt ar u in edo
no reason am, better concentrate on your benin chicks, but almost all the ladies i have come in contact with are nothing to write home about angry angry there are times I even wish I never came in contact with them because i can't even reason anything good about them angry
May God forgive me sha..... I'm trying my best to accept that I have met them though they were very annoying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by Young03(m): 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
pet4ril:
no reason am, better concentrate on your benin chicks, but almost all the ladies i have come in contact with are nothing to write home about angry angry there are times I even wish I never came in contact with them because i can't even reason anything good about them angry
May God forgive me sha..... I'm trying my best to accept that I have met them though they were very annoying

now i c, na so one girl pass our street, my roomate cum go chick am she fall bt pple wey know d girl cum de warn him make him run say na ishan girl...na so d guy run oo bt me they tell am say if na me get d babe, i go lash am

i love benin girls bt them they get too much waist
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
pet4ril:
that Oba is a brave man not like this op, it only takes a brave man to woo and marry ishan lady tongue so free this op
Hahahahaha. I always tel my mum. its either an esan woman or i wont get married. they re just d best to hv for a wife. They hustle with their life, they dnt look upto a man for their upkeep, even if no money in a home they wil bear and stay bcus of children. and also, u cant oppress them.

But the bad thing here is that coincidentally, i hv neva for once dated an esan girl. And i feel hurt abt it everyday.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by KINGinVAHALA: 7:58pm On Feb 24, 2016
pet4ril:
anyways, i don't know where you gtow up or the set of people you grow with, but saying their men are feeling like God, its thesame in every tribe because men naturally are full of themselves, but for the saying that they believe women to be worshipping them, that i query
Which part of esan re u frm?
Re: 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You by pet4ril(f): 7:58pm On Feb 24, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Hahahahaha. I always tel my mum. its either an esan woman or i wont get married. they re just d best to hv for a wife. They hustle with their life, they dnt look upto a man for their upkeep, even if no money in a home they wil bear and stay bcus of children. and also, u cant oppress them.

But the bad thing here is that coincidentally, i hv neva for once dated an esan girl. And i feel hurt abt it everyday.
eyaa, if it's your destiny to be with any, it must surely come to pass.
For what you said about them, you are very correct.
Thumb up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Yoruba Incantations. . . . . / Ikwerre Names & Their Meanings / 4 Nigerian Slangs Currently Making The Rounds On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.