Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,939 members, 7,810,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering (50349 Views)

How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. / Bad Rendering Or Plastering Of Your Walls: Here Is What To Do - Engr. Osaz' / From Foundation To Completion, Pictures Of What We Built For A UK Based Client (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by DEXTROVERT: 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
what are you building...3 bedrooms flat or face me I face u, how many loads of sand and how many blocks have u used so far

Chukazu:
let me start by appreciating those Nlanders who have taking this part before now and did not hesitate to share their experiences, I must say that those were a great deal of encouragement to Us in general and Mua in particular
I remember someone asking in a particular thread "which was more preferable between buying and building a house?" of which I posited that building gives alot of challenges and stories to tell but at the end, life itself is all about you telling your own stories (like building a house) as against buying story books (more like buying a house)
lastly, I thought of building in Lagos but then I remembered "aku ruo ulo" and decided to build in my villa.
Happy view!
what are you building...3 bedrooms flat or face me I face u, how many loads of sand and how many blocks have u used so far

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by ChiSun27(m): 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
We r coming.....

Aku ga eru ulo ofu ubochi.....Chineke yere nwa ya aka oooooo!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by pet4ril(f): 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
Mine is on the way by the special grace of God
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by hemucology(m): 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
Need a latest P.O.P design

See my signature for more info

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 25, 2016
Sunofgod:
Building control seemed to have said stop work - but you are continuing.

Seems to be an illegal structure being built - I pity the tenants that rent the place!

Building what? you mean town planning people that come to look for egunje??

11 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 4:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
princeFAD:
why were you asked to stop work as per the marking on the building?

Local government usually come to know about the building plan.

Normally if you go before starting your building, they would end up delaying you and ripping you off, so the best is to start and settle them afterwards.. Which we did

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 4:36pm On Feb 25, 2016
Room stage

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
Roofing stage

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by delishpot: 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:

Local government usually come to know about the building plan.

Normally if you go before starting your building, they would end up delaying you and ripping you off, so the best is to start and settle them afterwards.. Which we did

Guy fall better guyman whack am

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Kizyte(m): 4:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:
let me start by appreciating those Nlanders who have taking this part before now and did not hesitate to share their experiences, I must say that those were a great deal of encouragement to Us in general and Mua in particular

I remember someone asking in a particular thread "which was more preferable between buying and building a house?" of which I posited that building gives alot of challenges and stories to tell but at the end, life itself is all about you telling your own stories (like building a house) as against buying story books (more like buying a house)

lastly, I thought of building in Lagos but then I remembered "aku ruo ulo" and decided to build in my villa.

Happy view!

Nice thread, Nwanne, I'll appreciate if you state the cost of materials and labour at various stages

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 4:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
engrkenny:

Building what? you mean town planning people that come to look for egunje??

Yea..you know them well sir.
At the end they demanded 50k but we settled with 20k

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by bolt000(m): 4:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
Thumbs up bro u made the right decision by building and not buying. I just have one question tho, its abt the water ish. Which is better in intially drilling a borehole and buying a gen to pump water or buying water from those people that come and supply to ur site, having in mind that the borehole u have it for life(tho it costs about 300k or so) which did or are u using? Fyi Dont mind my english costruction
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 4:42pm On Feb 25, 2016
Roofing done

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by 100Cents: 4:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
Your camera sharp die..

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by nepapole(m): 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
I wish u all d best sir...may u continue to grow in wealth nd health..

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
bolt000:
Thumbs up bro u made the right decision by building and not buying. I just have one question tho, its abt the water ish. Which is better in intially drilling a borehole and buying a gen to pump water or buying water from those people that come and supply to ur site, having in mind that the borehole u have it for life(tho it costs about 300k or so) which did or are u using? Fyi Dont mind my english costruction

If you hav an initial plan to drill please go ahead, but if not then you can buy, it largely depends on availability of water in such area

I wanted to drill as well but later the cost of doing so would have affected the completion of the building so I jettisoned and decided to buy instead

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by lurlah2014(f): 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
GOD BLESSING WILL NEVER SEIZE IN OUR LIFE

YOU DON COMOT FROM LEVEL I PASS MY NEIGBOUR TO LEVEL LANDLORD BE THAT

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by semitunde: 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
Cool
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by 100Cents: 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:
this is a four bedroom bungalow

They asked you to stop work ?

Dont listen to them haters.. grin

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
100Cents:
Your camera sharp die..

Na my SONY XPERIA O O. It really cool
Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by semitunde: 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
I can't find the kitchen or is it just my eyes?

Also one of the rooms there could have had its walls to an adjoining space collapsed for a walk in closet and master bedroom; or make it an ensuite master bedroom toilet/bathroom.

The land seems OK and I'm hoping you won't go beyond the bungalow by later adding more floors so you're fine.

Thumbs up!

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 4:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
Fully plastered

"Now exhausted but still in pursuit"... Judges 8:4

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
semitunde:
I can't find the kitchen or is it just my eyes?

Also one of the rooms there could have had its walls to an adjoining space collapsed for a walk in closet and master bedroom; or make it an ensuite master bedroom toilet/bathroom.

The land seems OK and I'm hoping you won't go beyond the bungalow by later adding more floors so you're fine.

Thumbs up!

The kitchen is left beside the birthroom

Thanks for the observation
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by diegwu01: 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
Very Biutifful house!!
God Bless your Hustle

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 4:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
lurlah2014:
GOD BLESSING WILL NEVER SEIZE IN OUR LIFE

YOU DON COMOT FROM LEVEL I PASS MY NEIGBOUR TO LEVEL LANDLORD BE THAT

Thank you my dear

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 4:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
nepapole:
I wish u all d best sir...may u continue to grow in wealth nd health..

Thank you sir
You are next in line

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by diegwu01: 4:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
hemucology:
Need a latest P.O.P design

See my signature for more info
the interior of the house looks very lovely
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 4:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
diegwu01:
Very Biutifful house!!
God Bless your Hustle

God bless you nwa nne nmadu
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by shine96: 4:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:

Happy view!

welldone Bro. Kudos. Building is not easy o. May God strengthen you. You will finish well by God's grace
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by mufutau55(m): 4:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:
Fully plastered
"Now exhausted but still in pursuit"... Judges 8:4

Very good... How much is those big round pillar decorations cost you? Thanks.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 5:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
agarawu23:
OK sir!

I am only interested in the type of house you are building,
Cost to roofing level (let us know how many blocks, cement, sand, iron, gravel and how much you paid your workers )
Cost of roofing

You will finish and live there soon by the grace of God smiley

About the cost to roofing level.. So far is about 2.5million

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by semitunde: 5:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:

The kitchen is left beside the birthroom

Thanks for the observation

Oh! That must be the space I was referring to when I said the room beside it could have been made the master bedroom with ensuite bathroom.

Well I guess that's the way you wanted it, and the building is practically finished; else I'd have advised you relocate the kitchen and repartition the rooms.

It doesn't diminish the fact that you have yourself your very own building and home though. Nice

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See Photos From My House Warming Ceremony (Photos) / Meet Musa Usman, The Gateman Who Rejected House Offer For Borehole In Jigawa / Pictures You Can Relate To If You Live In A Public Yard Aka Face Me, I Face You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.