Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering (50386 Views)

How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. / Bad Rendering Or Plastering Of Your Walls: Here Is What To Do - Engr. Osaz' / From Foundation To Completion, Pictures Of What We Built For A UK Based Client (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 7:39am On Feb 26, 2016
CravingChic:
God bless your hustle Nwanne! You shall lıve to reap the fruıts of your labour, amen! I need to know, ıs the cost of the Land ınclusıve ın the 2.5m you stated.

Not. Not inclusive... I mean its villa, and we from the East somehow own ancestral land. Though mine is my personal land that has been fallow for long
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 7:44am On Feb 26, 2016
abouzaid:
nwanna, ekenedilichukwu na isi gi,please can you remember how many layers of blocks you made in the foundation before German floor, i think that's part of what saved you so much money.

The wiring quotation is about 200k
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by emmythecleric: 7:49am On Feb 26, 2016
I receive it IJN. Amen! Fire!
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 7:52am On Feb 26, 2016
abouzaid:
nwanna, ekenedilichukwu na isi gi,please can you remember how many layers of blocks you made in the foundation before German floor, i think that's part of what saved you so much money.

Don't think it was less than it be..i couldn't supervise alot due to my engagement, infact I would have saved more money if I did more supervision. Will find out from the builder but as I said.. If you want to save cost, do more of "direct labour"
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 7:57am On Feb 26, 2016
ibkgab001:
oh no i`m a food engineer but i have an idea of building plan since the day of technical drawing in my secondary school days

Each room has two windows that is normal vent, plus the three course block that makes for more vent.
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Comrade381(m): 8:02am On Feb 26, 2016
pls can you tell me the name of your roofing sheet and how to identify it
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 8:34am On Feb 26, 2016
LKO:

I ve seen d break down. And I was planning to use d cameroon zinc to roof my self contained because I believe it would cost less. Please what are the reasons giving to dissuade u from using d cameroun type? Thanks.

Ok. Just confirmed. It is also "cameroon" but more quality than the painted one.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by xbee20(m): 8:51am On Feb 26, 2016
Chukazu:
Original plan
May God continue t bless you..... buh ur plan is smhw.. 4bedroom flat without dinnning andd not evn a kitchen... u shd hav consult a building proffesional.. Godbless u
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 9:17am On Feb 26, 2016
xbee20:
May God continue t bless you..... buh ur plan is smhw.. 4bedroom flat without dinnning andd not evn a kitchen... u shd hav consult a building proffesional.. Godbless u

There's kitchen initially no dinning but the bathroom has been converted to dinning because there two extra toilets that can serve as both bathroom and toilet
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Goodnuel: 9:24am On Feb 26, 2016
Chukazu:

No.from sitting room or backyard
Ohk.. nice.

Weldon
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by abouzaid: 9:25am On Feb 26, 2016
Chukazu:

Don't think it was less than it be..i couldn't supervise alot due to my engagement, infact I would have saved more money if I did more supervision. Will find out from the builder but as I said.. If you want to save cost, do more of "direct labour"
offcourse, it's not less than necessary, it's appropriate, I'm trying to say that many builders build very high foundation walls which results in high amount of laterite sands been needed for filling, you also cut cost by going for a reasonable roofing height which enables you to cut down on quantity of wood. the size of the house is also very reasonable with reasonably sized rooms. i hope you can finish this house with 3m or less. you can cut cost further more by using PVC (plastic) ceiling in the living and dining rooms while fibre cement (previously called asbestos) can be used for the other rooms. tiles only in the living and dining rooms etc. what's the size of your soakaway pit?
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by thugusher: 9:30am On Feb 26, 2016
Chukazu:

Ok. Just confirmed. It is also "cameroon" but more quality than the painted one.
hi Chukazu.. well done as it takes wisdom to build a house. please how much have you spent so far from foundation to plastering
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by experience16: 9:38am On Feb 26, 2016
Chukazu:

The wiring quotation is about 200k
You can get it done with N180k or less , but you need to supervise . Is it surface wiring or conduit wiring?. I will advise you to go for conduit wiring,this has aesthetic appeal. The electricians give you quotations in excess of materials that you need and later return the excess materials in exchange for cash if they are not well monitored.
God bless you and give you the financial ability to complete it. cheers!!!!
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 10:24am On Feb 26, 2016
experience16:

You can get it done with N180k or less , but you need to supervise . Is it surface wiring or conduit wiring?. I will advise you to go for conduit wiring,this has aesthetic appeal. The electricians give you quotations in excess of materials that you need and later return the excess materials in exchange for cash if they are not well monitored.

Yes..definitely conduit, thanks for the advice
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 10:26am On Feb 26, 2016
thugusher:
hi Chukazu.. well done as it takes wisdom to build a house. please how much have you spent so far from foundation to plastering

Please check previous replies. Have said it in details
Thanks
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by thugusher: 11:21am On Feb 26, 2016
Sorry i meant how much in total to date, i know you said you've spent N2.5M to roofing level. What about other costs like fencing, plumbing, burglary proof, wiring, windows, doors, sanitary wares, kitchen furniture e.tc.

By Gods grace i will be commencing building my bungalow next month. So i want an honest opinion from someone who has built a home not some few haters/clowns on here that quote ridiculous amounts. By the way what left for you to do on the house. God bless
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
If you have nothing good to say, biko dont say anything... What do you have?
kingofchess:
is the nairalander a bricklayer?
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by abouzaid: 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
thugusher:
Sorry i meant how much in total to date, i know you said you've spent N2.5M to roofing level. What about other costs like fencing, plumbing, burglary proof, wiring, windows, doors, sanitary wares, kitchen furniture e.tc.

By Gods grace i will be commencing building my bungalow next month. So i want an honest opinion from someone who has built a home not some few haters/clowns on here that quote ridiculous amounts. By the way what left for you to do on the house. God bless
you would benefit a lot from pasting your floor plan online here and receive real advice from serious minded people. Godspeed in your project.
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by RADDY1(m): 12:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
congrat sir
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 1:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
abouzaid:
offcourse, it's not less than necessary, it's appropriate, I'm trying to say that many builders build very high foundation walls which results in high amount of laterite sands been needed for filling, you also cut cost by going for a reasonable roofing height which enables you to cut down on quantity of wood. the size of the house is also very reasonable with reasonably sized rooms. i hope you can finish this house with 3m or less. you can cut cost further more by using PVC (plastic) ceiling in the living and dining rooms while fibre cement (previously called asbestos) can be used for the other rooms. tiles only in the living and dining rooms etc. what's the size of your soakaway pit?

Good observation.
The plastic PVC-Is it different from the normal ones,because I was thinking of going for the fibre type?

Then this is the septic tank plan.
Thank you.

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 1:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
thugusher:

Most of those are fittings that come after
I mean I can do without fencing,burglary proof, sanitary and kitchen furniture for now cool Never marry now

Then wiring and Windows.. I have a quotation of about
180k...wiring
16k.....two in one aluminum door

So do the maths
Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 1:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
experience16:

Infact that of excess materials return for cash, the roofing guy did that to me.. Only God saved me, it could have been worse. If you don't supervise well enough, it's wasteful spending calling
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by nwodohlinda: 3:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
you do not have a kitchen in your design
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by mufutau55(m): 4:59pm On Feb 26, 2016
Chukazu:

The complete pillar between 10-12k
Check on the ground, you see were it just molded, those two black stuff on the ground make one pillar and that is the guy that did it.

Thank you very much.. the explanation is well understood.

Hajji M.
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by abouzaid: 5:14pm On Feb 26, 2016
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
please can you post the beautiful PVC ceiling you used in your men's quarters for the op to see
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 6:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Ok.can I see the PVC, sir
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by gbz123: 7:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
Welldone guy

if u need something good in Enugu clickwww.enugurealestatebiz..com
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by princejones(m): 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
Still following,well done
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by mufutau55(m): 7:26pm On Feb 26, 2016
Chukazu:

Ok.can I see the PVC, sir

Attach is the Ceiling PVCs used in the two flats BQ.
Notice that the PVC is not a colorful fancy kind but a sturdy one; although they have different colors.
Purchased from Amoula Ventures at Ikeja-Lagos, for more info see their website below.

http://www.amoulaventuresltd.com/

Hope this helps.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 7:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
mufutau55:

Attach is the Ceiling PVCs used in the two flats BQ.
Notice that the PVC is not a colorful fancy kind but a sturdy one; although they have different colors.
Purchased from Amoula Ventures at Ikeja-Lagos, for more info see their website below.

http://www.amoulaventuresltd.com/

Hope this helps.

Hajji M.

Thanks alot. Will follow up
What is the price range like?
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by mufutau55(m): 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
abouzaid:
please can you post the beautiful PVC ceiling you used in your men's quarters for the op to see

Done. See above and some details...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 12:34pm On Feb 27, 2016
mufutau55:

Done. See above and some details...

Hajji M.

Oga there's not price list on the link.

Please I need it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures You Can Relate To If You Live In A Public Yard Aka Face Me, I Face You / See Photos From My House Warming Ceremony (Photos) / Three-Storey Building Collapses In Port Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.