Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,911 members, 7,810,507 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering (50347 Views)

How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. / Bad Rendering Or Plastering Of Your Walls: Here Is What To Do - Engr. Osaz' / From Foundation To Completion, Pictures Of What We Built For A UK Based Client (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Lstar4real(m): 5:02pm On Feb 25, 2016
Beautiful House but No dinning in your house .... I will like to know the reason why u used 3step of block after linted

Thanks
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by bolt000(m): 5:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:

If you hav an initial plan to drill please go ahead, but if not then you can buy, it largely depends on availability of water in such area

I wanted to drill as well but later the cost of doing so would have affected the completion the building so I jettisoned and decided to buy instead
thanks cool
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by shine96: 5:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:
let me start by appreciating those Nlanders who have taking this part before now and did not hesitate to share their experiences, I must say that those were a great deal of encouragement to Us in general and Mua in particular

I remember someone asking in a particular thread "which was more preferable between buying and building a house?" of which I posited that building gives alot of challenges and stories to tell but at the end, life itself is all about you telling your own stories (like building a house) as against buying story books (more like buying a house)

lastly, I thought of building in Lagos but then I remembered "aku ruo ulo" and decided to build in my villa.

Happy view!

welldone Bro. Kudos. Building is not easy o. I started and stopped at roofing level. Make i gather money go back to work.May God strengthen you. You will finish well by God's grace

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2016
agarawu23:
okay sir

How many blocks per bag?

I think is about 35 pieces, can't be certain now, e don tay small, my brain dey reboot
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:
at the timber market to buy wood and roofing material

Why use zinc?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
shine96:
welldone Bro. Kudos. Building is not easy o. I started and stopped at roofing level. Make i gather money go back to work.May God strengthen you. You will finish well by God's grace

Yea..God will surely provide

Once you get to roofing level, you can just take your time

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2016
emekamigo:

Why use zinc?

It not zinc, its a form of aluminum..it looks like zinc though

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
Kizyte:
Nice thread, Nwanne, I'll appreciate if you state the cost of materials and labour at various stages

Will try.. Not really easy
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by UnimkeAk(m): 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:
Original plan
bros no kitchen---

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by erico2k2(m): 5:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:
Fully plastered

"Now exhausted but still in pursuit"... Judges 8:4
Weldone. Looks nice an neat. Take your time to do the external plastering so that you can add more value to the house
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 5:21pm On Feb 25, 2016
Lstar4real:
Beautiful House but No dinning in your house .... I will like to know the reason why u used 3step of block after linted

Thanks

Best question so far. cool

I hate seeing houses that look like huts..or what we cal in igbo "nkpuke okuko".... That is were fowl stays Men it's irritating.

I like "a house on the rock" cool kind of setting, gives room for ventilation, though it cost more,but am really satisfied. infact I wanted the floor level higher but the builder had his way.. Good you noticed such minor details, really love it

As for dining, I have already converted the bathroom to dinning, I mean there is already two toilets, so I decided to link them to the four rooms and make them serve as both toilet and bathroom cool

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 5:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
ChiSun27:
We r coming.....

Aku ga eru ulo ofu ubochi.....Chineke yere nwa ya aka oooooo!!!!!

I say a big AMEN!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
UnimkeAk:

bros no kitchen---

Kitchen dey beside the bathroom
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by OTUNBAPASSA1(m): 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2016
congrats....................... may God continue to bless u so as to complete it soon....
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by chiibekee(f): 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2016
God bless ur handwork brother.
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by nenergy(m): 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2016
Which state? If Lagos, Omonile wahala dey?
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 5:30pm On Feb 25, 2016
nenergy:
Which state? If Lagos, Omonile wahala dey?

Is God's own state. No time for Lago wahala.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
chiibekee:
God bless ur handwork brother.

Thank you my dear
Bless you as well
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
Sunofgod:
Building control seemed to have said stop work - but you are continuing.

Seems to be an illegal structure being built - I pity the tenants that rent the place!
Are you angry that he did not build it in lagos or osun state?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:

It not zinc, its a form of aluminum..it looks like zinc though

God will be your strength ,Bro.Its not easy.
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:

I hate seeing housing that look like huts..or what we cal in igbo "nkpuke okuko".... That is were fowl stays Men it's irritating.

I like "a house on the rock" cool kind of setting, give room for ventilation, though it cost more,but am really satisfied. infact I wanted the floor level higher but the builder had his way.. Good you noticed such minor details, really love it

As for dining, I have already converted the bathroom to dinning, I mean there is already two toilets, so I decided to link them to the four rooms and make them serve as both toilet and bathroom cool

Nice one. But I observed the sitting room has no window that leads outside. How do you plan to get good ventilation?
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Lstar4real(m): 5:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:

I hate seeing housing that look like huts..or what we cal in igbo "nkpuke okuko".... That is were fowl stays Men it's irritating.

I like "a house on the rock" cool kind of setting, give room for ventilation, though it cost more,but am really satisfied. infact I wanted the floor level higher but the builder had his way.. Good you noticed such minor details, really love it

Beautiful sir...I really concurred with your reason...Na so I go do my own Too when its Time...when u finish this house No be your death body go live there (people we say na when he finish the house he come die) Such words will never be your portion in Jesus Name....Happiness will never seize in ur Face including your wife & children.. God bless u sir...You shall spend many many years in that house with your wife & children including your family in Good health and wealth.....Amen!!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 5:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
tumababa:

Nice one. But I observed the sitting room has no window that leads outside. How do you plan to get good ventilation?

It does, just beside the door... I don't joke with ventilation because me get "hot blood" so breeze must cool my temperature smiley
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Jethrolite(m): 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:
let me start by appreciating those Nlanders who have taking this part before now and did not hesitate to share their experiences, I must say that those were a great deal of encouragement to Us in general and Mua in particular

I remember someone asking in a particular thread "which was more preferable between buying and building a house?" of which I posited that building gives alot of challenges and stories to tell but at the end, life itself is all about you telling your own stories (like building a house) as against buying story books (more like buying a house)

lastly, I thought of building in Lagos but then I remembered "aku ruo ulo" and decided to build in my villa.

Happy view!

Congratulations sir, do not forget us when you are about painting. We will produce high quality Jethrolite paint for you at affordable rates.
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2016
Lstar4real:
Beautiful sir...I really concurred with your reason...Na so I go do my own Too when its Time...when u finish this house No be your death body go live there (people we say na when he finish the house he come die) Such words will never be your portion in Jesus Name....Happiness will never seize in Face including your wife & children.. God bless u sir...You shall spend many many years in that house with your wife & children including your family in Good health and wealth.....Amen!!!

Ahh that na correct prayer, you must be a prophet.. I had a lot battle before and during the building, enemies everywhere, but GOD PASS THEM!

God remember and settle you my brother!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Kizyte(m): 5:44pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:

Will try.. Not really easy
Alright, expecting your update on that
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by tuscani: 5:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
may God give you strength,wisdom,and finance to finish this magnificent project. you will learn a lot and gain a lot of experience
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 5:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
semitunde:
I can't find the kitchen or is it just my eyes?

Also one of the rooms there could have had its walls to an adjoining space collapsed for a walk in closet and master bedroom; or make it an ensuite master bedroom toilet/bathroom.

The land seems OK and I'm hoping you won't go beyond the bungalow by later adding more floors so you're fine.

Thumbs up!

thank you for your observation, we have done exactly what you recommended.. . guess we thinking alike.. great mind! cool

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 5:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
tuscani:
may God give you strength,wisdom,and finance to finish this magnificent project. you will learn a lot and gain a lot of experience

Thank you

God bless your Hustle

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by yahwehreigns: 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
The good Lord that started the project will surely finish it. Congratulations to you sir. God bless you.
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by faqir(m): 6:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
Pls hw much do u spend al-in-all. As in, from foundation to plastering, roofing included

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See Photos From My House Warming Ceremony (Photos) / Meet Musa Usman, The Gateman Who Rejected House Offer For Borehole In Jigawa / Pictures You Can Relate To If You Live In A Public Yard Aka Face Me, I Face You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.