Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,895 members, 7,810,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering (50346 Views)

How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. / Bad Rendering Or Plastering Of Your Walls: Here Is What To Do - Engr. Osaz' / From Foundation To Completion, Pictures Of What We Built For A UK Based Client (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Smooyis(m): 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
Congratulations. May God continue to strengthen you and give you good health.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Mrjo(m): 8:07pm On Feb 25, 2016
Where roof?
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by yemmy009(f): 8:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
grin grin grin no mind am jare. person we never chop na so dem go come Nairaland they brag. The Lord dt make u start dis n finish it will forever be with u. Na u go live inside am no be ur dead body (Amen) Leave haters I pray they change for good.
agarawu23:
oga mufu should ban this ediot.....

Ppl like you live In a room with wife and 5kids without thinking of buying half plot. (Where u wan see the money buy land self when u are a broke a$$ b!tch) angry

[size=17pt]enemy of progress[/size] undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by princejones(m): 8:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
My God bless you hussle,welldone brother
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by agarawu23(m): 8:13pm On Feb 25, 2016
yemmy009:
grin grin grin no mind am jare. person we never chop na so dem go come Nairaland they brag. The Lord dt make u start dis n finish it will forever be with u. Na u go live inside am no be ur dead body (Amen) Leave haters I pray they change for good.
lol
I tire
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Leke001: 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
congratulations my brother
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:

No vex
Nwa Aba, abeg no mind that monkey 419er, de fire de go jare. Glad u built in ur place first.
One advice, after this one, start another... and you'll thank me later.

Congrats Bro and God bless
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
Smooyis:
Congratulations. May God continue to strengthen you and give you good health.

And you more

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 8:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
Gabbysky:

Nwa Aba, abeg no mind that monkey 419er, de fire de go jare. Glad u built in ur place first.
One advice, after this one, start another... and you'll thank me later.

Congrats Bro and God bless

Ok. Am nwa Bende cool thank God for Aba , na we we

Thanks for the encouragement

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 8:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
Leke001:

Thanks man
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Oghumu1(m): 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:
Original plan
No dining?? U made a right choice because building in lag is very expensive. I can't count the number of times we paid the so called Omonile here in ikorodu, yet they still disturb us after payment
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 8:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chazzyboy:
the zinc is good hw much is a bundle

Not zinc though, is aluminum base.
It cost 50k per bundle
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2016
Oghumu1:

No dining?? U made a right choice because building in lag is very expensive. I can't count the number of times we paid the so called Omonile here in ikorodu, yet they still disturb us after payment

I converted the bathroom to dinning, since it faces the sitting room
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Oghumu1(m): 8:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
hotobo:
I thought you start from plastering to Foundation What's new in building a house. Must you announce it. Maybe you're the first to build a house in your entire family.

If you most no i built my first house when was 25 years old with forex trading money.

Aranu Abacha
I smell envy.... At least celebrate with him. I know of people below that 25yrs they spend nothing less than 2m weekly. Say that one no reach them build house??
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Oghumu1(m): 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:

I converted the bathroom to dinning, since it faces the sitting room
Better!! When u dy open the house, send our pack to us o!
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 8:52pm On Feb 25, 2016
Jethrolite:
Congratulations sir, do not forget us when you are about painting. We will produce high quality Jethrolite paint for you at affordable rates.

Thank you.

What is "jethrolite" though.. Is it type of paint or quality of,? first time am hearing of it. I plan to use "satin" for the interior
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 8:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
Oghumu1:

Better!! When u dy open the house, send our pack to us o!

No dulling my bros

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by mufutau55(m): 8:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
agarawu23:
oga mufu should ban this Idiot.....
Ppl like you live In a room with wife and 5kids without thinking of buying half plot. (Where u wan see the money buy land self when u are a broke a$$ b!tch) angry
[size=17pt]enemy of progress[/size] undecided

We just have to ignore the HATERS! They will die on their own accord.

Hajji M.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Lstar4real(m): 8:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:

Not zinc though, is aluminum base.
It cost 50k per bundle
how many is it in a bundle and how many bundle do you used with cost? I will like to know Thanks
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Marlvin(m): 9:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
Congratulations broh, Really Am happy for you, can't wait to build Mine. To OLUWA we pray.
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by 4nobody4every1: 9:10pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:

....... You said you spent 2.5 million Naira up till roofing level, how much was the cost of the land?........besides, Congrats to you & family, you will live peacefully in your new house. cool
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 9:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
Kizyte:
Alright, expecting your update on that

Ok let me start with this

1.Cement so far about... 340 bags, at the rate of between 1500 to 1800,the kept fluctuating.
I sincerely believe that with cement price around a thousand naira, real Estate will experience an astronomical growth.

2.Roofing sheet... 125K

3.Ceiling tiles.... 73k

4.Wood.....140k

5.Door frame... 8k per one

Labour for roofing and ceiling.... 50k

Labour for plastering.... 45k,
initially I said don't give contract but go for direct labour.. This thought me a lesson ; I got a quotation of 150k for plastering, I felt I was too much, got another one for 120k,still didnt like, then my brother suggested we go for "direct" labour which I did,at the end I spent less than 50k.

6.Sand is 8k per tipper.. But can't get number we used so far.

7.Moulding of block is about 1500 of labour for one bag

@agarawu23,hope it answers your question as well..the cost of labour in my villa is 2500 for the bricklayers

The rest are miscellaneous can't really collate now.
Hope it helps.. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 9:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
4nobody4every1:
....... You said you spent 2.5 million Naira up till roofing level, how much was the cost of the land?........besides, Congrats to you & family, you will live peacefully in your new house. cool

Na my personal land oo
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 9:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
Marlvin:
Congratulations broh, Really Am happy for you, can't wait to build Mine. To OLUWA we pray.

Yea. Yours is loading....
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Marlvin(m): 9:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:

Yea. Yours is loading....

AMEN !
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by 4nobody4every1: 9:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:

Na my personal land oo
,,,,,,Ok..... cool
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 9:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
Lstar4real:
how many is it in a bundle and how many bundle do you used with cost? I will like to know Thanks

I think it is 50pics in a bundle

Used almost 3bundle
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 9:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
Leke001:

Thank you,.. "lakeside" of life cool
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by LKO(m): 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:

It not zinc, its a form of aluminum..it looks like zinc though

Kindly give a break down of the cost of ur roofing sheet? What's the name of that roofing sheet? Also the amount paid for workmanship and the cost of the wood work. Many thanks.
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by donem: 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:
Fully plastered

"Now exhausted but still in pursuit"... Judges 8:4
Congrats sire, may u never run out of fund for completion. Besides u don cover that stop work marking. grin
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Kizyte(m): 10:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chukazu:

Ok let me start with this

1.Cement so far about... 340 bags, at the rate of between 1500 to 1800,the kept fluctuating.
I sincerely believe that with cement price around a thousand naira, real Estate will experience an astronomical growth.

2.Roofing sheet... 125K

3.Ceiling tiles.... 73k

4.Wood.....140k

5.Door frame... 8k per one

Labour for roofing and ceiling.... 50k

Labour for plastering.... 45k,
initially I said don't give contract but go for direct labour.. This thought me a lesson ; I got a quotation of 150k for plastering, I felt I was too much, got another one for 120k,still didnt like, then my brother suggested we go for "direct" labour which I did,at the end I spent less than 50k.

6.Sand is 8k per tipper.. But can't get number we used so far.

7.Moulding of block is about 1500 of labour for one bag

@agarawu23,hope it answers your question as well..the cost of labour in my villa is 2500 for the bricklayers

The rest are miscellaneous can't really collate now.
Hope it helps.. Thanks
Very useful information! Keep it up bro!
Re: A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering by Chukazu: 10:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
donem:

Congrats sire, may u never run out of fund for completion. Besides u don cover that stop work marking. grin

cool of course.. Marking or marking, work has to continue

Nothing can stop our progress!
When I was a kid,if see the" stop work" mark on a building na so fear go catch me,now I know those are bumps on our way to success that you just ignore

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See Photos From My House Warming Ceremony (Photos) / Meet Musa Usman, The Gateman Who Rejected House Offer For Borehole In Jigawa / Pictures You Can Relate To If You Live In A Public Yard Aka Face Me, I Face You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.