Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

MEND Attacks Lagos - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Attacks Lagos (24173 Views)

Poll: If true, this attack is:

horrible: 67% (116 votes)
wonderful: 32% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. / Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 6:30pm On Jul 24, 2009
babapupa:

I don't think people label their posts with tribal Identifications, that's why we go by our utterances.

You will be suprised to find out that he may be niger deltan and not igbo.Be sure before you post.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by babapupa: 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2009
Don't you think he's free to clarify that?,
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha80(m): 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2009
babapupa:

Don't you think he's free to clarify that?,

You should have waited for him to make more comments to be sure where he is from instead of jumping into conclusion that he is igbo and posted that article while he maybe from somewhere else.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2009
i think its funni when oduduwa talked about igboland the way the do!

with all the drama inekiti,osun etc u wonder if oduduwa aint in the same nigeria

yall just need to let off that trait!!

it right there in your post

but emmm Soyinka cannot overstate those things any better lipsrsealed
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by babapupa: 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2009
@ asha,

Like I said, don't you think he's free to clarify that? I really don't get this panadol taking for other people's headache deal.

And what difference does it make anyways? My response was justified based on what he posted so what's your point really?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by fayahsoul: 9:15pm On Jul 24, 2009
A nation can rise no higher than it's women.

The igbo woman is the bane of igbo society. Same for other groups of people of black afurakan descent.

Our women are out of control, materialistic, self-hating and lost so what do u expect? what man does he does for woman.

You weak ass brothas need to step up and bring your women up in the ways of the most high
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Onlytruth(m): 10:01pm On Jul 24, 2009
@asha 80.
I read where someone said that the Yoruba sees anyone from after Ore as Igbo and I'm inclined to believe it. Even in the North, anyone from the South without tribal marks are simply classified as Igbo. Wrong or right, that's just Naija for you. In one of the Kano riots, some Edo people where going about their normal businesses claiming not to be Igbo (when the Almajiri was busy seeking out Igbos to kill as usual). What happened was interesting. The first group of casualties were Edo folks who were going about simply saying "I no be Ibo". The Hausa mob was also simply plucking their heads off with sharp swords and butcher knives. Meanwhile the real Igbo were carefully observing these from safe groupings around Sabon Geri. When the Hausa had done killing the Edo people, the Igbo had organised; armed with guns, they started killing Hausas and chased them into the Old Kano (walled city).
That was the first time the Igbo fought back decisively in Kano. That was in 1992.
So back to the "Are MEND Igbos or are Igbos MEND?" The lines are quickly blurring these days. I won't be surprised if we wake up tomorrow to discover that Igbos have become MEND!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Jul 24, 2009
roflmao!!! Look at the reasoning of human beings who are supposed to be crying out for things to get better in one way or another. Kai!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

talk about an infinite loop of loopy-ness!!! Ignorance begetting more of the same!!! roflmao!!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sley4life(m): 10:56pm On Jul 24, 2009
MEND means business
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by GeorgeD1(m): 1:55pm On Jul 26, 2009
it's a pity our 'leaders' still don't see that as a fact. i guess they will have a rude awakening
when they suddenly realize there is no more loot (oil) money to share grin
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by dayokanu(m): 7:07am On Apr 22, 2011
Now who is to blame for the lives lost in this?

The bloodthirsty MEND or their spokesman/sponsor
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Kilode1: 6:01pm On Apr 22, 2011
^ The cyclical nature of Life and History is something to behold.

I was not an active poster on NL when this thread came up in 2009, just a ghost reader then.

It's amazing to read all the usual politics posters on this thread and compare their rhetoric during this election period to their sentiments on here. I must say a lot of folks have been pretty consistent with their sentiments.

What a thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal / Governor Umar Ganduje Spotted Watching The Match Between Rangers Vs Kano Pillars / Prominent Lagosians Seek Dissolution Of Lekki Tollgate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.