Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

MEND Attacks Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Attacks Lagos (24172 Views)

Poll: If true, this attack is:

horrible: 67% (116 votes)
wonderful: 32% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. / Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by NegroNtns(m): 11:41am On Jul 13, 2009
Yep, true talk Beaf!

That brings this discussion around. . .MEND has taken exactly that step to be the voice and shield of defense for the rights of its indigenes.  I support them wholeheartedly.  They are fighting a justified grievance, so far that their goal and target does not shift.  

If they keep doing what they do eventually they will overcome the government stall.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Jayholiday(m): 11:45am On Jul 13, 2009
No knowledgeable person thinks that Mend is a terrorist group. It is clear that their interests go beyond petty terrorizing and is an actual struggle to achieve a very simple objective. If the Nigerian state even had an iota of intelligence they could have negotiated their way out of this by making certain concessions. The 3 billion dollars that went to strengthen security in the Niger Delta two years ago could have been used for development. Instead of being embezzled, and they wonder why Mend grows stronger. If you were captured by Mend you will most likely get out alive, unless the JTF tries to mount a rescue operation in which case you are certainly dead. This is men against boys. This situation could have been contained two years ago but the shear incompetence of Nigeria fanned the flames. The Nigerian Security Apparatus has no idea on how to deal with this problem, and unless they want to bring in more Israelis, Americans, Brits, and Dutch they will not defeat Mend militarily, All these idiots know is ethnic cleansing. And with Oil discovered off of Ghana and a relatively stable Angola no one wants to stick their head out for this boondoggle. Again anyone who thinks that Mend is a terrorist group is seriously misinformed or are part and parcel invested in the Nigerian Kleptocrazy(sic)  

We Nigerians better be careful about what happens next, Now that attacks have begun in the city of Lagos (even if its a claim). There is no knowing where this is going to go. Oil companies that believed Lagos to be a safe haven for their expatriates are in for a big surprise and the country itself in for a bigger one. These guys are not going to stop for anything, they are determined to live out their cause and anyone who knows the state of our country will understand what they are fighting for.

Our government really needs to step up and address this issue fast because in no short time it is going to turn into WAR!! (God forbid!!!)
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ow11(m): 11:49am On Jul 13, 2009
Jayholiday:

We Nigerians better be careful about what happens next, Now that attacks have begun in the city of Lagos (even if its a claim). There is no knowing where this is going to go. Oil companies that believed Lagos to be a safe haven for their expatriates are in for a big surprise and the country itself in for a bigger one. These guys are not going to stop for anything, they are determined to live out their cause and anyone who knows the state of our country will understand what they are fighting for.

Our government really needs to step up and address this issue fast because in no short time it is going to turn into WAR!! (God forbid!!!)

So how do you think the status quo will change? By prayers?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by diehard1: 11:51am On Jul 13, 2009
Beaf,
am not saying that mend is interested in this or that, what am saying is dat government should find a LASTING AND REALISTIC solution since they cannot contain what is happening. i neither support the government or any group in NIGERIA. I am only interested in justice no matter how bitter.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by tkb417(m): 11:52am On Jul 13, 2009
hmmm
He who have ears, let them hear

Lagos is not a place to toy with o. If they are still appealing to the sympathy of other Nigerians, they should be careful
If it turns to a tribal thing, hmm i fear for all the Niger Deltans living in Lagos

Can you people remember when Ajegunle residents were using charcoal to write their tribe on thier walls?
Ijaw declaring himself to be Urhobo shocked shocked

They shld just be careful cos "lagosians" can be nasty atimes
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Ibime(m): 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2009
tkb417:

hmmm
He who have ears, let them hear

or you would do what?. . . . abegi go siddon jor! . . . . if kwatar start, itk419 would be the first to run! grin
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Jakumo(m): 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2009
President Yar Agoduam,   please wake up and remove that oxygen mask long enough to LAMENT this attack on the Lagos waterfront.   Your LAMENTATION will continue to solve all Nigeria's problems, just as it has done in the past.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by tkb417(m): 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2009
or you would do what?. . . . abegi go siddon jor! . . . . if kwatar start, itk419 would be the first to run!

i don run go Accra by road fast!!! grin grin grin make MEND no come blow the aeroplane grin grin

na 80 i go die, no be under 30!!
Na my Papa be Nigeria?
i have my life to live o and if 9ja say im wahala too much, i don go obodo oyinbo quick
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by snowdrops(m): 12:10pm On Jul 13, 2009
Instead of bombing lagos, abuja etc. Charity begins at home. Why not attack the iboris, odilis, uduaghans and all the corrupt politicians in the NDDC and their stolen loot. Afterall the monies they stole and still stealing are those directly budgeted for the ND. Unless they are they faceless sponsors of the so called MEND.
This is a lesson for all those clamouring for MEND; cos they will be in for a big surprise to know that the real leaders and drivers for the criminal organisation are far from being saints; but as corrupt as the ones in lagos and abuja they are currently fighting.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Tonynwosa: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

If I were at all involved in the mediation of this problem I would encourage both sides to first of all form regional think tanks led by professionals and academics.  I will keep politicians out of the mediation meetings and only meet with the egg heads.  The politicians channell their voice and opinion through the think tanks.    

my brother both ur president and vice where lecturers in our universities so they are academics. your INEC chairman is a prof. the list goes on and on, so what are you talking about?it's abt who you are not what you are, after the kind of elections we had the house of representatives as voted that Iwu should continue cos that's their ticket to return to office who is deceiving who?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by wills(m): 12:12pm On Jul 13, 2009
Sent: 13 July 2009 00:54
Subject: Atlas Cove Lagos Attacked!

"No country is going to create wealth if its leaders exploit the economy to enrich themselves, No business wants to invest in a place where the government skims 20 percent off the top, No person wants to live in a society where the rule of law gives way to the rule of brutality and bribery, That is not democracy, that is tyranny, even if occasionally you sprinkle an election in there, and now is the time for that style of governance to end."
    - Barack H. Obama, President of the United States of America  (July 11, 2009)

The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) salutes our brother, Barack Obama for choosing Ghana over failed states such as Nigeria, Angola or Equatorial Guinea for his maiden official visit to sub-Saharan Africa.

This is a cheering message for ordinary Africans who will no longer have to tolerate watching the painful images on television of their corrupt leaders being warmly embraced by US Presidents.

If it were possible to delete images from our memory, many people will not hesitate to do away with the mismatched images of Reagan/Mobutu or Clinton/Obasanjo.

President Obama's candor has energized our movement and renewed our conviction in the ultimate triumph of justice. Because our fight for justice is happening in the type of country with a fraudulent electoral process, corrupt leadership and brutal military he described to parliament in Accra, we feel vindicated.

The problems facing our dear country Nigeria has nothing to do with militant freedom fighters but with the corrupt political leadership and certain arrogant tribes still living on past glory.

A boardroom or creek battle of epic proportion which will either emancipate the Niger Delta from over 50 years of tyranny or subject her to perpetual slavery was flagged off tonight by Hurricane Moses with a plague of warning attacks.

Led by a pillar of fire, heavily armed MEND fighters today, Sunday, July 12, 2009 at about 2230 Hrs carried out an unprecedented attack on the Atlas Cove Jetty in Lagos state. The depot and loading tankers moored at the facility are currently on fire.

The two-pronged approach of combining dialogue and intensifying attacks throughout the course of negotiations, will be the unique characteristics of Moses.

The Aaron team that will be put together after due consultations with stake holders from around the globe, militant commanders and Henry Okah, will present the time framed demands of the Niger Delta region to the President through the Timi Alaibe led Federal Government of Nigeria delegation.

MEND will as usual update the public on the progress being made as well as plagues being delivered.  

We want to assure our people and well wishers that we will not sell our birthright for a bowl of porridge because we are not committed to anyone but the people of the Niger Delta.

The mother of all plagues will be used as a last resort if the Nigerian Pharaohs show stubbornness over reasoning just as Moses did with the plague on the firstborn in ancient Egypt and the Americans with the plague of the atomic bomb in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  

We sincerely hope for the sake of avoiding a total calamity that Egypt will not harden its heart and the exodus of our people to the promised land can commence as soon as possible.

God save Nigeria. God bless the Niger Delta. God bless our Freedom Fighters.

Jomo Gbomo

These boys are serious, and showing the power of having strategy, as against  the  Nigerian Federal government / Leadership being so clueless.
My personal stand though is this, MEND should refrain form further violence and loss of life’s in this struggle, but yes this struggle for good governance, and ousting of the ruling thieving cabal PDP is not just for the Niger delta alone, but for all of Nigeria must continues.  
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Mowire: 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2009
I think this claim is FALSE and a cheap propaganda.

If it were true the news will by now be everywhere on the streets of Lagos. There is no such news on the street; no sound of sirens (as of fire engines) and no unusual movements (helicopters) in the air! There is no huge smoke that will be indicative of fire of the magnitude that would result from this claim!

I'm in Anthony village, right along Ikorodu road, if any such explosion and fire outbreak exists I should at least be able to behold the smoke even if I don't hear the explosions, and the traffic ought to have come to a stand still by now.

THIS CLAIM IS
(MOST LIKELY) A LIE!!!

NLders should try to verify some of this guys' claims before posting.

I will still watchout anyway
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2009
Tonynwosa:

my brother both ur president and vice where lecturers in our universities so they are academics. your INEC chairman is a prof. the list goes on and on, so what are you talking about?it's abt who you are not what you are, after the kind of elections we had the house of representatives as voted that Iwu should continue cos that's their ticket to return to office who is deceiving who?

The whole talk about Yar'adua being a lecturer is a Myth.

He lectured for two years, one of them being his service year. Ran a business that failed for between 10 - 15years before he joined politics

So the choice to characterise him as a lecturer which accounts for less than 3years of his 55 years on earth is a political propaganda that is only saleable in country like Nigeria where folks don't ask questions.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2009
Mowire:

If it were true the news will by now be everywhere on the streets of Lagos. There is no such news on the street; no sound of sirens (as of fire engines) and no unusual movements (helicopters) in the air! There is no huge smoke that will be indicative of fire of the magnitude that would result from this claim!

I'm in Anthony village, right along Ikorodu road, if any such explosion and fire outbreak exists I should at least be able to behold the smoke even if I don't hear the explosions, and the traffic ought to have come to a stand still by now.

THIS CLAIM IS
(MOST LIKELY) A LIE!!!

The last time I checked an oil pipeline does not run through your backyard

the news is on bbc
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by lee007(m): 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2009
If this is true then it is commendable.how could fg be shifting oil economy to lagos from niger delta?this is the 1st real hit.i never supported mend becos they were killing and destroying their own area.at least they've struck one of the enemy targets.remaining otta,abuja,kaduna and kano.

The above is the most ridiculous comment i have read so far, if i had any sympathy for the struggle in the Niger-Delta it disspered this morning. Why will these gang of robbers throw the whole nation into anachy, they are not the only deprived people on the face of the earth we are all affected someway by governments insensitivity to the plight of the people.

Attacking lagos is setting the goverment back greatly, especially with the drive of the present administration in attracting investors to the state. For the records lagos stste is the most deprived by the federal government and the developent withnesses soo far, has been throw internlly generated funds, this factn is soo evident, and the excuse that the Federal government is using miney from the Niger-Delta to develop lagos is hillarious

Those calling for full scale war should go to Youtube and watch clips on war in Angola, liberia, congo, and so on, i know they will have a chnge of mind.

We all know that there are issues, but MEND should give the government the benefit of the doubt this time around, heard Henry Okah will be released soon.

Please lets preach peace not war!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by shigidi(m): 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2009
the fact that it is on BBC doesnt mean its confirmed. Even on BBC website, they are asking for confirmations from people WHO ACTUALLY SAW IT. they cant confirm it either. I am not saying it is a lie, but its not cinfirmed either. undecided undecided
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by diehard1: 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2009
Mowire
the fact that it was not reported on Naija news etc does not mean it did not happen, after all do you want to start panic in the system. Our press normally edits or writes on what de government wants and am sure this is not one of those topics. E fit cause closure of an organization if not handled properly grin grin grin grin
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by nuesaweso(f): 12:30pm On Jul 13, 2009
MEND, now move to MMA International and blow it up. but dont kill people o. . . At least we wey be illegals for yankee no go face deportation and we go fit apply for assylum hehehe grin
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by freezy(m): 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2009
Bitter as this might sound, two wrongs WILL NEVER make a right

This, I insist is the most cowardly act I have seen in years. Destroy to correct? Duh. . .
The V.P. is a Niger deltan. Men who have been accused of dressing up as women in order to escape arrests are Niger Deltans
And some people feel the next thing to do is to blow up stuff? Blowing up stuff can be done by any fool (remember tv show Brainiac?)
Intellects dont repair destructively.
Funny thing is, people who dont even know what the revenue from the  Niger Delta is being done with by those in charge will now suffer because of some over zealous misfits militants' actions
I still cannot fathom how we can think this way in in the year 2009. . . Christ!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Jakumo(m): 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2009
nues aweso:

MEND, now move to MMA International and blow it up. but dont kill people o. . . At least we wey be illegals for yankee no go face deportation and we go fit apply for assylum hehehe grin

Don't worry about your deportation logistics, Nues Aweso, because Uncle Sam will issue you all with paraschutes if all Nigerian airports have been destroyed, so that you can be air-dropped directly into your village.  Just remember to wear your Obama-mania T-shirt, so that folks will know for sure where you have arrived from.

On a related note, your use of Oga Seun's name spelled backwards is a blatant example of copyright infringement, and you will answer to those charges even before you can gather your deflated paraschute and dust yourself off.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ow11(m): 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2009
freezy:

Bitter as this might sound, two wrongs WILL NEVER make a right

This, I insist is the most cowardly act I have seen in years. Destroy to correct? Duh. . .
The V.P. is a Niger deltan. Men who have been accused of dressing up as women in order to escape arrests are Niger Deltans
And some people feel the next thing to do is to blow up stuff? Blowing up stuff can be done by any fool (remember tv show Brainiac?)
Intellects dont repair destructively.
Funny thing is, people who dont even know what the revenue from the  Niger Delta is being done with by those in charge will now suffer because of some over zealous misfits militants' actions
I still cannot fathom how we can think this way in in the year 2009. . . Christ!

Two wrongs don't make a right but only those that fight get and appreciate freedom/democracy. Except you believe the general Nigerian populace is free.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by No2Atheism(m): 12:40pm On Jul 13, 2009
It does not take a rocket scientist that attacking Lagos is a recipe for disaster on the part of MEND and the ethnic groups they claim to represent (of which Yorubas in Ondos ought to be amongst if truth be told), however it is obvious that MEND is not really out to protect Niger Delta interest, but really out to protect the interest of a few ethnic groups in the Niger Delta, considering that i have had reasons to understand that some Regions of Abia, Calabar, Port-Harcourt might not mono-ethnic hence the question, who is MEND actually representing (themselves or others)

- Yorubas had developed the west before the discovery of oil and still continued to do so since independence (hence it does not take a rocket scientist to see why the west still thrives even though the north has basically being dominating the affairs of nigeria)
- Yoruba have sustained, redeveloped and are still redeveloping lagos even after it was abandoned for abuja years ago.
- Yorubas do not lift guns and destroying other ethnic groups properties because the Taxes generated in lagos state are being taken out of lagos state to fund other regions, including naija delta.
- Ondo is part of Naija delta, yet you do not see them bombing anybody, hence does it mean MEND is only represent the interest of a few groups in ND or how come Yorubas are also being targetted.
- JTF is populated by northerners according to reports, hence its stupid for MEND to seek to destroy infrastructures in Lagos.
- Lagos has made itself a free city for all to live in and make money off, hence MEND is asking for trouble from the Yorubas once they start considering Lagos as a target.
- I have been in ND and i know that Yorubas do not have as much freedom in other people's lands as they have give other people in their own lands, hence it is crassly stupid to turn Yorubas into an enemy of MEND.
- Despite more than a few years of 13% derivation little or nothing is being shown for it Niger Delta, yet Lagos as a Yoruba state is constantly seeking to develop despite all the overpopulation and lack of financial support from the federal government, even when a yoruba man was president.

It is sad that some people on this forumn are using this opportunity to do a little Yoruba bashing despite that the big picture actually calls or the opposite. Considering that Yorubas have always supported and fought for Complete Regional Autonomy. Attacking Lagos is a stupid idea, considering that MEND needs the support of Yorubas in actualising their 100% derivation dream (which Yorubas do not mind supporting cus we have oil, natural minerals and manpower also in commercial quatities).

Why has MEND refused to attack and prosecute its own people like Odilis, Iboris, Uduaghan, Etiebet, Goodluck Jonathan and co considering those people have made money and still continue to make money from the deprivation of Niger Delta. It is one thing to fight and destroy your own property and land, it is another thing to destroy property located in another man's land and still expect them to keep quiet and continue to watch you to do so.

Logic and Common sense shows that Infrastructures in the North are supposed to be the target not infrastructures in the south-west or south-south, considering that people of the south-west have endeavoured to be fair to all and sundry irrespective of ethnic group. Hence why you find it such that Yorubas tend to fare less in other regions than in their own homeland even though other tend to fare more in yoruba lands.

A word is enough for the wise, MEND is looking for trouble and they would find it if they proceed to destroy western structures, YORUBA are not their enemies, it would be wise not to make them one.

At the end of the day i am still convinced that: Some Western powers and secret security agencies are behind the armed militants in the Niger Delta for the following reasons:
1. Their weapons are quite sophisticated to say the least.
2. It costs a lot of money and a lot of military connections to continuously supply and re-supply military weapons of such high qualities.
3. Their attacks are getting more and more coordinated.
4. MEND members still have access to the West despite that they are openly showing to be militants, hence meaning that the West openly allows them in their own countries despite that the west knows of their activities.
5. Militancy in the Niger Delta ultimately contributes to the increasing the global price of oil even if it causes reduction in the local supply of oil, hence when considered from the perspective of a big picture, more money is made through oil and gas globally, if their continues to trouble in the Niger Delta.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2009
Mowire:

THIS CLAIM IS
(MOST LIKELY) A LIE!!!

Dude, the this is real. It is on vanguard breaking news

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/13/militants-storm-lagos-set-ablaze-atlas-cove-jetty/
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by nuesaweso(f): 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2009
Jakumo:

Don't worry about your deportation logistics, Nues Aweso, because Uncle Sam will issue you all with paraschutes if all Nigerian airports have been destroyed, so that you can be air-dropped directly into your village. Just remember to wear your Obama-mania T-shirt, so that folks will know for sure where you have arrived from.

No thats against the international law on migration, movement of labour and assylum act. Dude, I read this thing everyday o and i know my rights. . .I just dey wait for the right time and I think MEND can help achieve it faster  wink
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by shigidi(m): 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2009
lee007:

If this is true then it is commendable.how could fg be shifting oil economy to lagos from niger delta?this is the 1st real hit.i never supported mend becos they were killing and destroying their own area.at least they've struck one of the enemy targets.remaining otta,abuja,kaduna and kano.

The above is the most ridiculous comment i have read so far, if i had any sympathy for the struggle in the Niger-Delta it disspered this morning. Why will these gang of robbers throw the whole nation into anachy, they are not the only deprived people on the face of the earth we are all affected someway by governments insensitivity to the plight of the people.

Attacking lagos is setting the goverment back greatly, especially with the drive of the present administration in attracting investors to the state. For the records lagos stste is the most deprived by the federal government and the developent withnesses soo far, has been throw internlly generated funds, this factn is soo evident, and the excuse that the Federal government is using miney from the Niger-Delta to develop lagos is hillarious

Those calling for full scale war should go to Youtube and watch clips on war in Angola, liberia, congo, and so on, i know they will have a chnge of mind.

We all know that there are issues, but MEND should give the government the benefit of the doubt this time around, heard Henry Okah will be released soon.

Please lets preach peace not war!

preach it my man.
MEND are aggreived but this is not the right way to go. Nothing concerns Lagos.
and by the way, what about all the money gotten from Kidnapping the OYIBOS over the years. what have they been using that for. their leaders are also a major part of the problem. They get the higest FG allocation , yet  the most underdeveloped. Charity begins at home. This has to Stop. Let MEND tackle their leaders first.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by lee007(m): 12:44pm On Jul 13, 2009
Nues aweso (m), I think you nedd mental check up, what of if your family members are at the Airport! Jesus i cant believe you are Human! undecided
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Emperoh(m): 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2009
Pls people lets verify before expressing emotions and ideas
Anything happening at Atlas Cove for those that know Lagos well will be VISIBLY SEEN from the Bonny Camp Bridge coming into V/I from Onikan
I have just come in from that area and nothing seems to be happening. No govt official has even come out to deny or even affirm this claim. Not as if they will tell us the truth if its true. I think this is just a false alarm putting it mildly. . . . .  . .Attacking Lagos will be the height of it and i tell you, the Nigerian Govt will not take it mildly if truely this happened. FYI, Atlas Cove is on your way to Takwa bay for those who go to that Beach.
Much as i support their fight, MEND can't stand the Military might in Lagos or even outside the Niger Delta.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Ibime(m): 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2009
No2Atheism:

It does not take a rocket scientist that attacking Lagos is a recipe for disaster on the part of MEND and the ethnic groups they claim to represent (of which Yorubas in Ondos ought to be amongst if truth be told), however it is obvious that MEND is not really out to protect Niger Delta interest, but really out to protect the interest of a few ethnic groups in the Niger Delta, considering that i have had reasons to understand that some Regions of Abia, Calabar, Port-Harcourt might not mono-ethnic hence the question, who is MEND actually representing (themselves or others)

- Yorubas had developed the west before the discovery of oil and still continued to do so since independence (hence it does not take a rocket scientist to see why the west still thrives even though the north has basically being dominating the affairs of nigeria)
- Yoruba have sustained, redeveloped and are still redeveloping lagos even after it was abandoned for abuja years ago.
- Yorubas do not lift guns and destroying other ethnic groups properties because the Taxes generated in lagos state are being taken out of lagos state to fund other regions, including naija delta.
- Ondo is part of Naija delta, yet you do not see them bombing anybody, hence does it mean MEND is only represent the interest of a few groups in ND or how come Yorubas are also being targetted.
- JTF is populated by northerners according to reports, hence its stupid for MEND to seek to destroy infrastructures in Lagos.
- Lagos has made itself a free city for all to live in and make money off, hence MEND is asking for trouble from the Yorubas once they start considering Lagos as a target.
- I have been in ND and i know that Yorubas do not have as much freedom in other people's lands as they have give other people in their own lands, hence it is crassly stupid to turn Yorubas into an enemy of MEND.
- Despite more than a few years of 13% derivation little or nothing is being shown for it Niger Delta, yet Lagos as a Yoruba state is constantly seeking to develop despite all the overpopulation and lack of financial support from the federal government, even when a yoruba man was president.

It is sad that some people on this forumn are using this opportunity to do a little Yoruba bashing despite that the big picture actually calls or the opposite. Considering that Yorubas have always supported and fought for Complete Regional Autonomy. Attacking Lagos is a stupid idea, considering that MEND needs the support of Yorubas in actualising their 100% derivation dream (which Yorubas do not mind supporting cus we have oil, natural minerals and manpower also in commercial quatities).

Why has MEND refused to attack and prosecute its own people like Odilis, Iboris, Uduaghan, Etiebet, Goodluck Jonathan and co considering those people have made money and still continue to make money from the deprivation of Niger Delta. It is one thing to fight and destroy your own property and land, it is another thing to destroy property located in another man's land and still expect them to keep quiet and continue to watch you to do so.

Logic and Common sense shows that Infrastructures in the North are supposed to be the target not infrastructures in the south-west or south-south, considering that people of the south-west have endeavoured to be fair to all and sundry irrespective of ethnic group. Hence why you find it such that Yorubas tend to fare less in other regions than in their own homeland even though other tend to fare more in yoruba lands.

A word is enough for the wise, MEND is looking for trouble and they would find it if they proceed to destroy western structures, YORUBA are not their enemies, it would be wise not to make them one.

At the end of the day i am still convinced that: Some Western powers and secret security agencies are behind the armed militants in the Niger Delta for the following reasons:
2. It costs a lot of money and a lot of military connections to continuously supply and re-supply military weapons of such high qualities.
4. MEND members still have access to the West despite that they are openly showing to be militants, hence meaning that the West openly allows them in their own countries despite that the west knows of their activities.
5. Militancy in the Niger Delta ultimately contributes to the increasing the global price of oil even if it causes reduction in the local supply of oil, hence when considered from the perspective of a big picture, more money is made through oil and gas globally, if their continues to trouble in the Niger Delta.

stop blathering babble with your tribalistic mindset. . . . how do you know it wasnt Ondo wing of MEND who carried out the attack?. . . . by your logic, MEND has also declared war on the Niger Delta since most of their bombings have been in the Niger Delta?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ow11(m): 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2009
No2Atheism:

The Nigerian government is raping its citizens daily and all you think about is the fabled development in a section of this giant ghetto called NIGERIA.

No where in Nigeria is developed. It is this false sense of superiority that is keeping the Nigerian populace in check while the Egwus, Akunyilis and Yar'adua party away our future!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by freezy(m): 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2009
ow11:

Two wrongs don't make a right but only those that fight get and appreciate freedom/democracy. Except you believe the general Nigerian populace is free.

Glad you agree with that.

If then there is the descision to fight, why not do sumn that will affect directly those that are affected?
Seriously, the people who should do the fighting are lounging about. If i recall, were there any superimposed Governors in the Niger Delta?
oh, you think the Niger Delta is the only area being deprived? You'd be shocked at what the FG is doin to Lagos state. . . only difference is the leaders. Suppose MEND sorts itself in house first? Blow up the Governors, Senators, Local Govt Chairmans House of Reps etc Houses.
But come all the way to lagos to blow uo Mosimi? Naah. That, simply put is vandalism at its peak.

Ps: You mite just wanna check up the meaning of the word Vandal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Reuben Abati's New Year Message Is One In A Million / My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal / Governor Umar Ganduje Spotted Watching The Match Between Rangers Vs Kano Pillars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.