Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,731 members, 7,831,331 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

MEND Attacks Lagos - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Attacks Lagos (24282 Views)

Poll: If true, this attack is:

horrible: 67% (116 votes)
wonderful: 32% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. / Expect More Bombing, Mend Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha3: 8:26pm On Jul 15, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Osisi you are going too far. 90% of the mini buses used in local transport in onitsha and awka are owned by Yorubas. Same in kano, kaduna, Enugu etc. T[b]he also control tailoring business in the east[/b]. Igbos own the luxurious buses that travel interstate but for some reason, they are not that good in local transportation. I am sure that if Nigeria develops to the point of having subways, Yorubas should be contracted to manage it.

I have often wondered why the case is in transport

are you sure tailoring biz?what about those tailors in aba?are they yorubas that speak igbo?

Ibime:

Anyone claiming this to be a tribal attack needs to get a life. . . . and if they insist on seeing it that way, then they should consider it a retaliation for the Otta-directed attack on Odi. . . . infact, the land of Odi is calling for the blood of 277 more people just to even the score on both sides. . . . so that the 300 deaths in Odi are accounted for. . . . I can carry on making these stupid deductions. . . . lets see how stupid we can get in the name of tribalism. . . .

Hundreds of Niger-Deltans have been killed by FG forces with the connivance of power-brokers from every tribe of Nigeria. . . . every Federal Government property is a legitimate target whether it is situated in your fathers backyard or on Niger-Deltan land. . . if you dont like it, go and pick up arms if you get liver. . .

grin
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sley4life(m): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2009
MILITANCY wont end until the right people are put to govern the country. More than 60% of senators are billionaires,99% of our governors are billionaires how did they attain such financial status. I can mention names of close people i know that couldnt bost of 1m in their acc yet withing a space of 2yrs. MEND havent finished their attack and it wont end until we flush the corrupt leaders out of office
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ow11(m): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2009
@ocelot2006

You seem to be mistaking Ateke and Soboma fight for Town supremacy as activities of MEND.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2009
sley4life:

MEND havent finished their attack

ok!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sosisi(f): 8:28pm On Jul 15, 2009
Ibime:

Anyone claiming this to be a tribal attack needs to get a life. . . . and if they insist on seeing it that way, then they should consider it a retaliation for the Otta-directed attack on Odi. . . . infact, the land of Odi is calling for the blood of 277 more people just to even the score on both sides. . . . so that the 300 deaths in Odi are accounted for. . . . I can carry on making these stupid deductions. . . . lets see how stupid we can get in the name of tribalism. . . .

Hundreds of Niger-Deltans have been killed by FG forces with the connivance of power-brokers from every tribe of Nigeria. . . . every Federal Government property is a legitimate target whether it is situated in your fathers backyard or on Niger-Deltan land. . . if you dont like it, go and pick up arms if you get liver. . .

Ibime stop supporting evil
MEND is a criminal organization and should not be tolerated anywhere.
I'm sure they've caused more havoc and mayhem to their own people than the FG will ever cause
If they bombed the oil facilities in abia and Imo states,I'm sure my people will be infuriated too.
They should move towards Sokoto, Kaduna and Katsina
That is where our common "enemies" are
I won't take them seriously until they go to the core north and bomb them grin
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ocelot2006(m): 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2009
We are supposed to be more enlightened yet we make the very same mistakes our fathers made and drum our phantom superiority online as if it will solve any problem.

MEND have bombed and have sent shivers down Yar'adua's spine and some people are spilling bile and drumming their support for their beloved tribe meanwhile the poverty ravaging our entire country is not sympathetic to members of any tribe. The dead have be confirmed to be soldiers who died in the line of duty and should be mourned by all and their deaths should be used to hold Yar'adua accountable for failing to take care of us.

He is the CSO of this nation and has shown that our country is unsafe and can be invaded by a small army at any time. Instead of demanding answers from Yar'adua, the 'I am better than you' proponents are seeking that their fellow Nigerians from another tribe should be murdered to atone for the attack at Atlas Cove. Shame!

This is by far the very best post I've come across on this thread.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by AloyEmeka9: 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2009
asha 3:

I have often wondered why the case is in transport

are you sure tailoring biz?what about those tailors in aba?are they yorubas that speak igbo?

[/b]
grin
All of them speak igbo but the real Yoruba ones concentrate in Anambra. They know how to sew clothes especially female clothes. There prices may be a little bit higher, but it's worth it.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by asha3: 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2009
$osisi:

I'm sure they've caused more havoc and mayhem to their own people than the FG will ever cause
If the came and bombed the oil facility in abia and Imo states,I'm sure my people will be infuriated too.

Osisi i disagree with you here.First and foremost that atlas cove been blown up belongs to 'patriotic' nigerians that use that place as an anchor point for distribution of their imported fuel meanwhile the refineries are not working.what othey way to bring FG to its knees than to cripple the avenue for making bulk illega money.

Their nothing to bomb in imo and abia as the pipes that carry fuel to aba,enugu depot or oil passing in the east are almost if not in a state of disrepair as expected.

I agree on heading to abuja or kano though.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by AloyEmeka9: 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2009
tpia.:

abeg osisi and co back to topic.

Stop being so blatantly cowardly just because you're afraid of No2atheism.
I am more scared of you than your twin brother. He disapperaed and you don't like it because no more igbo bashing updates. BecomeRich will soon arrive to help No2atheism.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sosisi(f): 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2009
Osisi you are going too far. 90% of the mini buses used in local transport in onitsha and awka are owned by Yorubas. Same in kano, kaduna, Enugu etc. The also control tailoring business in the east. Igbos own the luxurious buses that travel interstate but for some reason, they are not that good in local transportation. I am sure that if Nigeria develops to the point of having subways, Yorubas should be contracted to manage it

Even here in the USA
the number of Yoruba taxi drivers here is appalling
If it's a black man,it's most likely a Yoruba man
Middle easterners and Yorubas are the taxi drivers here.
That is their niche

as for the tailoring.
The best tailors in Igboland are Yoruba men,I know that for a fact at Aba and Owerri
People will wait months for them to sew their outfits because they are good and they will charge you triple what the Igbo ones will charge.
So these people talking nonsense are just ignorant beings who have never ventured beyond the redeemed camp ground
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by MandingoII(m): 8:37pm On Jul 15, 2009
I have to say that I'm definitely dissapointed and filled with disgust for the Nigerians here on this forum that support the nefarious activities of MEND AND crippling of the state's economy, l

MEND needs to BURN Nigeria to the Ground!!!!!

Then and only then will your government take a look at itself.

Actually, they need to go to the NORTH and take out the new sh!t.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sosisi(f): 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2009
MandingoII:

MEND needs to BURN Nigeria to the Ground!!!!!

Then and only then will your government take a look at itself.

Actually, they need to go to the NORTH and take out the new sh!t.

see how MEND caused this illegimitate child to get mouth
chai
osisi
see your life
now akata sef don begin talk where Nigerians dey talk
akata kwa
a man of no descent? shocked shocked shocked
We don suffer
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Ibime(m): 8:43pm On Jul 15, 2009
$osisi:

If they bombed the oil facilities in abia and Imo states,I'm sure my people will be infuriated too.
I won't take them seriously until they go to the core north and bomb them grin

Madam, abeg face front!  cool
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by GeorgeD1(m): 8:45pm On Jul 15, 2009
mend's strike is no longer news. what i want to hear next is when the minister of defence
is going to resign for failing to protect the lives and property of this country. or am i
living in dreamland?  grin
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by presido1: 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2009
George_D:

mend's strike is no longer news. what i want to hear next is when the minister of defence
is going to resign for failing to protect the lives and property of this country. or am i
living in dreamland? grin
I over heard of partial carbinet reshuffle today that removed the Minister of defence.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by akigbemaru: 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2009
@OW11
____________________________________________________________________________________________
We are supposed to be more enlightened yet we make the very same mistakes our fathers made and drum our phantom superiority online as if it will solve any problem.

MEND have bombed and have sent shivers down Yar'adua's spine and some people are spilling bile and drumming their support for their beloved tribe meanwhile the poverty ravaging our entire country is not sympathetic to members of any tribe. The dead have be confirmed to be soldiers who died in the line of duty and should be mourned by all and their deaths should be used to hold Yar'adua accountable for failing to take care of us.

He is the CSO of this nation and has shown that our country is unsafe and can be invaded by a small army at any time. Instead of demanding answers from Yar'adua, the 'I am better than you' proponents are seeking that their fellow Nigerians from another tribe should be murdered to atone for the attack at Atlas Cove. Shame!
________________________________________________________________________________________________

You can say this because it didn't happen in your background, I wish you destruction just as little as this in your backyard just to see how you will hold it! Anyway, we appreciate what you and MEND has done. I think it's a big slap on the face of peaceful Yoruba people who championed the course of democracy for the past millennium. If this could have happened in the north, where their ideology is based on theocracy, many of you would have smelt death right now. It doesn't take a split second for their clerics to put fatah on evil doers like you. This is an opportunity for us to make security as our bedrock and also to warn MEND to back off, if it's happened next time, you shall not only enjoy the reprisal by yourselves, the goat, chicken other NFA among you.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sosisi(f): 8:55pm On Jul 15, 2009
Ibime:

Madam, abeg face front! cool

You should be manning one of those machine guns
what are you doing here when all the circumcised men are at war?
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by No2Atheism(m): 8:56pm On Jul 15, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Nobody is playing any victim card my friend. It's your inscurity that is disturbing you immensely. Igbos have suffered in the hands of tribal haters like you in the north and complaining about it is not playing the victim card,  History has shown that in igbo and ijawland, there have never been a social unrest fueled by tribal hatred except reprisals attacks because of what is happening in the north. Igbos have been attacked by Yorubas of your like in lagos and ibadan but have you heard the same about Yorubas in the east?.

It's Yorubas that complain about tribalsim is nollywood, tribalsm in this and that yet 60% of tribal comments here come from them. Don't relax in your little world and wait for another man's sweat to come to you because you feel marginalized.  The emergence of almajiris in todays yorba nation is as a result of people like you that frowns at hard work and demand affirmative action. We have people like that in igboland and we call them ndi iberibe.

we already know that. Just like in the north, south east and south south. You are not the only Yoruba in this world, others think outside the box.Have you been to London before? Yorubas have the highest investment in london and last time i checked, ibadan is not even close to a ghetto in london. Your senese is warped because that comment above means that Yorubas are ethnocentric and will never invest in another persons land.

@aloyemeka abeg ask from @Osisi she would inform you that i am not one to trade insults even if it is being peddled by the other party.

- i never said Yorubas never invest outside their domain, all i said is that yoruba investments within their domain tend to take precedence over that outside.

- yorubas that invest in london do not play the victim card in london, instead they already understand that they are not in their home land hence its not their place to complain about the host and at the same time seek to enjoy more benefits from the host.

- off course i can't understand the Biafra mentality, that is quite true same way that you cannot understand the concept of being fair with ur comments.

Yorubas do not dwell on protesting about tribalism  from the igbos towards them, instead they sit up and do something about it and find a way round the tribalism. Instead all i have been seeing on most of this politics thread is that the Igbos keep claiming and blaiming the yorubas for everything wrong with them. Why don't u look inwards for a change or is it easier to blame someone else for your problems.

@osisi apart from your typical taxi man business can u please name me one yoruba investment in igbo-land. Considering that owning a taxi business in Abia state is not really a big deal considering that Okadas are more or less the nominal mode of[b] local[/b] transportation in areas of the East that i have been to etc.

The issue here is that yorubas live in the east, but u hardly see them complain as much as some igbos on this nairaland, despite that it is an open secret that the tribalistic nature of the Igbos make is next to impossible for even a yoruba man to even have a foot-hold in markets dominated by igbos even on yoruba lands e.g. Alaba Market international.

Yorubas that live out of their homeland already understand that the host takes precedence and that the visitor does not try to usurp the host, however the same cannot be said of igbos in other lands. Yes i know that Igbos go back home to the village to celebrate or build houses, hence the reason for places like Abiriba (small london).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, Yorubas are not against Biafra, yorubas would careless if Biafra exists or does not. The northerners are ur enemies not yorubas yet for some reason, u seem to blame ur own historical/military failures on the yorubas.

Before there was oil was there already public developments in the South West, hence its mere cheap political scores to try to link failure to actualise Biafra to what Yorubas might have or might not have done.

Threat of Militant attack affects foreign investment in Lagos state, hence it is not just the issue of crude oil that we are dealing with here.
Threat of militant attack affects sense of safety of most westerners in lagos, hence MEND indirectly is affecting Yoruba economy as a people considering that Lagos is more or less the nerve center of Yoruba economic activities.
Why not destroy federal government properties in Niger Delta if it was merely a public property that was being destroyed.
Why not destroy federal government properties in the East if it was merely a public property that was being destroyed.

Hence either way u look at it, MEND attack in lagos is an affront to the Yorubas, hence the truth is that one cable on the bridge between Yorubas and Ijaws has already been burnt via this MEND attack.

------------------------------------------------

I have notice with sadness how some Igbo people on nairaland where more or less rejoicing that MEND attacked a public property on Yorubaland, it is an open secret that their basis for rejoicing was not an issue of whether or not an FG property was destroyed but rather more related to the fact that they are happy that something was done that would affect the Yorubas one way or another.
It is distasteful, tribalistic and downright unbiblical for an Igbo person living in lagos to be happy that Ijaw men (hiding under the name or group) choose do do what they did in Lagos, considering that there are most evidences show that MEND is more criminal than militant, goodluck jonathan, ibori, etiebet, odili, etc pose better .

It does not take a rocket scientist to note that Yorubas have mostly been the neutral party in the mess known as Nigeria, hence for some Igbos to rejoice cause of what MEND in Lagos (where lives where lost) is just an evidence to show the state of mind of certain people on this forumn,

----------------------------------------------

Yes Niger Delta needs autonomy, however attacking Yorubas or alienating yorubas is not the solution,

----------------------------------------------

sley4life:

No2Atheism, ive been reading ur comments & its like that of an immature adolescent. About saying Igbos are tribalistic, i disagree with u. They are among the friendliest and i can prove that to u. But i wont waste time doing that now. I guess u should take a trip to the eastern state & see for urself.

- I do not need to take a trip i have experienced more than a trip,

- immature u say, don't make me laugh, by the way i do not do personal insults (osisi would at least support me on that), hence your statement would go un responded to, infact u do not need to go far, (consider Alaba market as a typical example of how tribalist igbos can get even outside of their own land).

- I already have first hand experience of living amongst them in the east, hence i already have first hand experience of what the mindset of a typical Igbo is (unless of course u want to claim that Igbos in certain areas of Abia are no longer mainstream).

By the way, please do not misunderstand the point i am trying to make, my points are these:

- Compared to Hausas and Yorubas, Igbos are fiercely tribalistic, that does not mean yorubas are not also tribalistic, it is just a comparison showing the extent of tribalism.

- Does that mean all igbos are tribalistic, off course not cus a significant number of them are not (as i can remember one very nice, very educated and intelligent old man in Amaekpu Ohafia from my experiences).

- Does that mean i did not enjoy my experience with them, off course not, i did and i would gladly marry an Igbo woman (infact) even despite all baggages that they come with.

- However my positive observation of Igbos still does not hide the fact that its inappropriate for Igbos to blame Yorubas for everything under the sun and even go as far as rejoice cus MEND caused destruction on Yorubaland. Hence because i have good experiences of Igbos does not mean i should refraing from speak out about the bad traits when it comes to tribalism.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by MrCrackles(m): 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2009
Wahala dey oooo. . . . grin
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ikeyman00(m): 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2009
no time for oduduwa trait

seriously speakin

the more the write, the better chance to see it
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sley4life(m): 9:09pm On Jul 15, 2009
MEND ar makin progress. They are studying map where pipe lines are located to blow them up.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by ow11(m): 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2009
@Akigbemaru

You are the one seeing it as a slap on Yoruba people rather than a failure of your commander-in-chief to protect a bloody fuel import depot that shouldn't even be there if our damn refineries were working. If the Hausa soldiers in 1966 decided to kill off the remaining corrupt politicians maybe we wouldn't be in this mess.

We have been witnessing destruction in our backyard since 1956. Another one would be nothing new. When Yoruba and Hausa soldiers ran amock in Tombia and killed my cousins, raped women and teenage girls. Nobody complained of tribalism, rather we saw it as a failure of the system and decided to fight the system.

Tell me, if Nigeria was run properly would there be a MEND? MEND is just a fruit of the chaos and the more we decide to ignore the main problem and clutch at tribal slurs because it makes us more comfortable the more we will get to see more and more uprising and unnecessary loss of lives.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sosisi(f): 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2009
no2 atheism read from debosky.
He is a Yoruba man
please read his comments on this thread
I for one does not support  MEND and never have
I call them criminals because that's what they are
You say Igbos are tribalists because you've lived in Igboland
Igbos say Yorubas are tribalists
I haven't lived in Yoruba land but the comments about Igbos from Yorubas here on this forum and anyother tells you the mindset of the average Yorubaman where Igbos are mentioned.
I've heard words like drop outs,419ers,rogue spare parts dealers etc.
Forgetting that the Nigerian statistics tell us Igbos are the most educated Nigerians by JAMB statistics and have the lowest poverty rate followed by SS before SW.

There is no victim mentality
It is not hidden fact that that the Yorubas and Hausas have always worked together to opress the Igbo man politically
Is that not a fact?
remember the 20 pounds Awo scheme?
yet when Igbos do what they know best i.e business,the same Yorubas and Hausas try to frustrate them.

Now do you know the heavy tariffs placed on importation especially Okirika ,electronics,textile and spare parts
I know because my family does business
The only reason Obasanjo did so was to frustrate Igbos and he makes no light of his hatred for our guts
but guess what
The cost is passed unto you and me so who suffers?

when you and your fathers and mothers refer to a set of people as those who eat stone without drinking water and other choice names,are those terms of endearment?
That is pure hatred borne out of jealousy and you know exactly what I'm talking about.

My husband schooled in Westrn Nigeria and he can write a book on the treatment they got from Yoruba professors calling them Okoro in their faces.
That is the average Yoruba man for you.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by MandingoII(m): 9:26pm On Jul 15, 2009
I'm glad they cover their ugly faces lipsrsealed
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by No2Atheism(m): 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2009
$osisi:

no2 atheism read from debosky.
He is a Yoruba man
please read his comments on this thread
I for one does not support  MEND and never have
I call them criminals because that's what they are
You say Igbos are tribalists because you've lived in Igboland
Igbos say Yorubas are tribalists
I haven't lived in Yoruba land but the comments about Igbos from Yorubas here on this forum and anyother tells you the mindset of the average Yorubaman where Igbos are mentioned.
I've heard words like drop outs,419ers,rogue spare parts dealers etc.
Forgetting that the Nigerian statistics tell us Igbos are the most educated Nigerians by JAMB statistics and have the lowest poverty rate.

There is no victim mentality
It is not hidden fact that that the Yorubas and Hausas have always worked together to opress the Igbo man politically
Is that not a fact?
remeber the 20 pounds Awo scheme?
yet when Igbos do what they know best i.e business,the same Yorubas and Hausas try to frustrate them.

Now do you know the heavy tariffs placed on importation especially Okirika ,electronics,textile and spare parts
I know because my family does business
The only reason Obasanjo did so was to frustrate Igbos and he makes no light of his hatred for our guts
but guess what
The cost is passed unto you and me so who suffers?

@osisi , yes u are married and i apologise to ur husband in advance , oya lets kiss and make up, considering that i no wan fight u as u fit be my future in-law  grin since i no mind marrying an igbo woman.

@osisi please answer me, did i ever mention that u support MEND.

Go through my posts one by one, line by line. My comments are based on the observation of what certain igbo men on this forumn are saying and also based on my own real life experiences and interaction with Igbo people are as a yoruba man myself.

I do not support obasanjo, i never did, infact most yorubas would tell you that he did little or nothing for yorubas (another evidence against tribalistic individuals on this forums who think Obasanjo is out to get the igbos).

Osisi trust me Yorubas and Hausas have not been working together to suppress the Igbos (that kind of statement from u is exactly the kind of thing that i am trying to counter), its just your political leaders brainwashing you into believing falsehoods. Okay what if i told you that Igbos have connived alongside Hausa-fulanis to actually oppose most Yoruba Presidential ambitions (Twice against Awo and Once against Abiola), does that now mean i should generalise about Igbos having a conspiracy theory against Yorubas.

--------------------------------

I have checked the Jamb statistics myself and there is something fishy but since i do not have the time to do the analysis i would rather let it rest.

The Jamb statistics is not undisputable for two reasons.

1. Yorubas students sometimes specifically look for schools in places like the north, middle belt and south south where it tends to be easier to get admission, hence the question becomes whether or not those yorubas are countered for the East or West or the North under the Jamb statistics that you are quoting or not.

2. Easterners where hardly going to school compared to Westerners in the places i have been in the East, e.g. NABTEB exams  grin

-----------------------------

My opposition against MEND in this issue arises from the fact that some Igbo people on this forum actually are supporting MEND and happy that such a destruction occured in Yorubaland, hence why i asked t question whether or not they would still feel the same about MEND if that same thing happened in the East.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by No2Atheism(m): 9:39pm On Jul 15, 2009
$osisi:

when you and your fathers and mothers refer to a set of people as those who eat stone without drinking water and other choice names,are those terms of endearment?
That is pure hatred borne out of jealousy and you know exactly what I'm talking about.

My husband schooled in Westrn Nigeria and he can write a book on the treatment they got from Yoruba professors calling them Okoro in their faces.
That is the average Yoruba man for you.

that i call u Okoro does not mean i hate you, calling people by nicknames is sometimes a show of affection. Igbos also call Yorubas Yoruba but as far as i am concerned that does nothing to me as a person simply because it is trivial.

What i just find unsuuall is when most igbos on this forum tend to bring up Biafra at every slight opportunity, for goodness sake Yorubas could careless about Biafra, Yorubas like and enjoy autonomy and have been doing so even before the British came hence why it weird when some igbos start claiming without evidence that Yorubas are the ones stopping Biafra.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by AloyEmeka9: 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2009
No2Atheism:

@aloyemeka abeg ask from @Osisi she would inform you that i am not one to trade insults even if it is being peddled by the other party.

- i never said Yorubas never invest outside their domain, all i said is that yoruba investments within their domain tend to take precedence over that outside.

Says who?. People invest where their investment will be viable economically. An Ago Iwoye industrialist will first of all invest in lagos before Ago Iwoye because it will yield him more money. Forget that precedence bullshit. Did all the Yorubas that invest in London keep reasonable amount at home besides their london investment?

- yorubas that invest in london do not play the victim card in london, instead they already understand that they are not in their home land hence its not their place to complain about the host and at the same time seek to enjoy more benefits from the host.

- off course i can't understand the Biafra mentality, that is quite true same way that you cannot understand the concept of being fair with ur comments.
Were you fair with your own comments. I voted and condemned the attacks many pages behind and same goes to osisi so what the hell are you talking about?. How did you conclude that it's only igbos that supported the attacks? Why not Niger Deltans, and northerners?. Shouldn't that tell me to be skeptical about you?

Yorubas do not dwell on protesting about tribalism  from the igbos towards them, instead they sit up and do something about it and find a way round the tribalism. Instead all i have been seeing on most of this politics thread is that the Igbos keep claiming and blaiming the yorubas for everything wrong with them. Why don't u look inwards for a change or is it easier to blame someone else for your problems.
Becomerich, Akingbesomething,tpiah, Arnold will be my witnesses here. You are likely new on this forum etc

@osisi apart from your typical taxi man business can u please name me one yoruba investment in igbo-land. Considering that owning a taxi business in Abia state is not really a big deal considering that Okadas are more or less the nominal mode of[b] local[/b] transportation in areas of the East that i have been to etc.
What investments do you want, you want Yorubas to own a petrochemical plant or Nuclear substation in igboland before it will be noteworthy?. Get it into your filthy brain, investments does not necessarily mean acceptance and vice versa. It's a business venture and people are bound to invest whereever they want. Like I said before, it's interest that determines that. Igbos also have large investments in takoradi and Accra but Yorubas rarely have one, does that mean Ghananians hate Yorubas?

T[b]he issue here is that yorubas live in the east, but u hardly see them complain as much as some igbos on this nairaland, despite that it is an open secret that the tribalistic nature of the Igbos make is next to impossible for even a yoruba man to even have a foot-hold in markets dominated by igbos[/b] even on yoruba lands e.g. Alaba Market international.
Why should they complain if they are not being harassed daily?. last time I checked, they can rent, trade or buy anywhere but many Yoruba landlords that reason like you will rather die than rent to an igboman yet that favour is not reciprocated in the east. Hausas rent freely to igbos in their land but some Yorubas discriminate when it comes to renting. How about that?. Is it not Yorubas in most cases that own the shops, so what stops your kinsmen from renting a shop there[of which some have in Balogun and ebutte ero]?. Why is it an igbo man's issue?. Should igbos buy shops for you too and should we compalin that Hausas don't let us to trade in bureau de change or cattle market?

Yorubas that live out of their homeland already understand that the host takes precedence and that the visitor does not try to usurp the host, however the same cannot be said of igbos in other lands. Yes i know that Igbos go back home to the village to celebrate or build houses, hence the reason for places like Abiriba (small london).
What is the meaning of host takes precedence?. We igbos believe in free and fair society and not a socially controlled society. You can build your nuclear plant in abiriba(small london) and we don't give a shit as long as you don't block our roads during your weekend parties. One thing you fail to realize is that investing in your land is more beneficial to the host community and if igbos return this attitude of yours towards yorubaland, be rest assured that Lagos alone will for sure lose over 30% of it's jobs.  Is it not the igbos that transcend between these tribes?. How many hausas invest permanently in yorubaland?. they don't because they operate in that same frame of mind that pull Nigeria behind.

Once again, Yorubas are not against Biafra, yorubas would careless if Biafra exists or does not. The northerners are ur enemies not yorubas yet for some reason, u seem to blame ur own historical/military failures on the yorubas.
Same for igbos that cares less whether Yorubas like them or not. Nobody is my enemy, some northerners are my enemies like some of your kinsmen and vice versa. No difference.

I have notice with sadness how some Igbo people on nairaland where more or less rejoicing that MEND attacked a public property on Yorubaland
, it is an open secret that their basis for rejoicing was not an issue of whether or not an FG property was destroyed but rather more related to the fact that they are happy that something was done that would affect the Yorubas one way or another.
You should notice your disfigured mind with more sadness and sorrow. Read this thread from page one and tell me how igbos support this issue and whether those that support it did so out of tribal hatred.

It is distasteful, tribalistic and downright unbiblical for an Igbo person living in lagos to be happy that Ijaw men
(hiding under the name or group) choose do do what they did in Lagos, considering that there are most evidences show that MEND is more criminal than militant, goodluck jonathan, ibori, etiebet, odili, etc pose better .
From my opinion, an igboman living in Sokoto should not be happy about it. Either way, the MEND issue affects every Nigerian irrespective of your tribe.

It does not take a rocket scientist to note that Yorubas have mostly been the neutral party in the mess known as Nigeria, hence for some Igbos to rejoice cause of what MEND in Lagos (where lives where lost) is just an evidence to show the state of mind of certain people on this forumn,
Awolowo was not neutral when he usurped the wealth of the igbos and bought himself almost half of the shares in Coca Cola and John Holt Nigeria.

Yes Niger Delta needs autonomy, however attacking Yorubas or alienating yorubas is not the solution,
True, especially when a Yoruba land is part of the Niger Delta.
-

- immature u say, don't make me laugh, by the way i do not do personal insults (osisi would at least support me on that), hence your statement would go un responded to, infact u do not need to go far, (consider Alaba market as a typical example of how tribalist igbos can get even outside of their own land).
Did anybody stop you from building your own market?. Most indpt markets in lagos came up because some Yoruba landlords increase their rents every 2 months as long as the tenant is igbo. What will you when a landlord is ripping you off because you rented his property?

- I already have first hand experience of living amongst them in the east, hence i already have first hand experience of what the mindset of a typical Igbo is (unless of course u want to claim that Igbos in certain areas of Abia are no longer mainstream).

By the way, please do not misunderstand the point i am trying to make, my points are these:

- Compared to Hausas and Yorubas, Igbos are fiercely tribalistic, that does not mean yorubas are not also tribalistic, it is just a comparison showing the extent of tribalism.
Same thing an igbo person thinks about Yorubas. Didn't some Yoruba guy here last week say his people in his village all hate igbos and they are taught to hate them even though he doesn't know why?. Remember?. Is that the friendliness we are talking about?. how do you rate who is more racist between black people and white people in America or UK?. Don't blacks love to call whites racists when they themselves say racist things about white people?

[quote][/quote]
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by Beaf: 9:46pm On Jul 15, 2009
No2Atheism:

@osisi , yes u are married and i apologise to ur husband in advance , oya lets kiss and make up, considering that i no wan fight u as u fit be my future in-law grin since i no mind marrying an igbo woman.

@osisi please answer me, did i ever mention that u support MEND.

Go through my posts one by one, line by line. My comments are based on the observation of what certain igbo men on this forumn are saying and also based on my own real life experiences and interaction with Igbo people are as a yoruba man myself.

I do not support obasanjo, i never did, infact most yorubas would tell you that he did little or nothing for yorubas (another evidence against tribalistic individuals on this forums who think Obasanjo is out to get the igbos).

Osisi trust me Yorubas and Hausas have not been working together to suppress the Igbos (that kind of statement from u is exactly the kind of thing that i am trying to counter), its just your political leaders brainwashing you into believing falsehoods. Okay what if i told you that Igbos have connived alongside Hausa-fulanis to actually oppose most Yoruba Presidential ambitions (Twice against Awo and Once against Abiola), does that now mean i should generalise about Igbos having a conspiracy theory against Yorubas.

--------------------------------

I have checked the Jamb statistics myself and there is something fishy but since i do not have the time to do the analysis i would rather let it rest.

The Jamb statistics is not undisputable for two reasons.

1. Yorubas students sometimes specifically look for schools in places like the north, middle belt and south south where it tends to be easier to get admission, hence the question becomes whether or not those yorubas are countered for the East or West or the North under the Jamb statistics that you are quoting or not.

2. Easterners where hardly going to school compared to Westerners in the places i have been in the East, e.g. NABTEB exams grin

-----------------------------

My opposition against MEND in this issue arises from the fact that some Igbo people on this forum actually are supporting MEND and happy that such a destruction occured in Yorubaland, hence why i asked t question whether or not they would still feel the same about MEND if that same thing happened in the East.

shocked shocked
Sharap!!!
Secondary school students call this "op".
Does JTF get its fuel from the East? Or na from depots supplied by Atlas Cove? Dummy!

Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by sley4life(m): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2009
I hope our kids will witness a good country when they grow up. If not its like i will get them a new home elsewhere. I wish we can turn the clock backwards. The military killed this nation and the civilians are doing worse than the military.
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by akigbemaru: 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2009
@No2atheism
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
i never said Yorubas never invest outside their domain, all i said is that yoruba investments within their domain tend to take precedence over that outside.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I support your mild approach to various responses, I understand you, maybe because of religion you might not want to go super-strong. I tell you what, I have graduated from religious ideologies since I was 18yrs, all I seek now is truth. I just want them to know that we read their comments whenever they draw their criticism for no reason. I have been reading so many comments on this forum and if I don't have to reply I won't. But these Igbo guys who I categorically mentioned their names earlier are so biased against Yorubas. If you find out about these people, they are out from the village. The Igbos born or raised in the cities tend to be milder when it comes to controversial criticism. Majority of these fools were not supposed to pass the QC (quality control) of urbane compliance.
Therefore, I believe in God but have no religion!
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by waffigbo(m): 10:30pm On Jul 15, 2009
akigbemaru:

@No2atheism
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
i never said Yorubas never invest outside their domain, all i said is that yoruba investments within their domain tend to take precedence over that outside.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

guy talk well. people like you might not be ethnically biased but you dont make guarded statements.
Why is it in Nigeria we talk as if youruba, igbo, and other ethnicities are countries of their own, An igbo man investing in lagos is different from a yoruba man investing in london,
Re: MEND Attacks Lagos by akigbemaru: 10:34pm On Jul 15, 2009
@Ikeyman00

You don’t have iota of common sense, if you think of war you better think of the future consequences, if not on your children but the coming generations. How would you think straight, when you eat too much “Stodgy Palm Oil Garri” mixed with bland okra stew, the result would give you Hydrocephalus—too much fiber and water in the brain. Haba, you don’t feel shy, if the midgets among you are suffering from amnesia won’t the taller ones think straight?. Ikeyman00, if the head is rotten the whole body is waste. You are the oldest and still devoid of common sense, pushing your younger ones to abysmal of peril. You are a disgrace to your generation, a super-fool if I found the right oxymoron for your jerk-ass.

Good news, the whole Biafran communities popped “Ogogoro gin” with Pa. Ikeyman00, they felt the destruction of oil facility in Lagos will let Yorubas retaliate and thus roll into civil war; there would pave way for their separatist ambition. I would advise you to stop chasing your shadow.

Bad news, I just caught this armed robber in our compound. He was caught for burglary breaking. I found him with three illegal weapons; bia-fry passport, biaf- rat currency and biaf-rogue flag. You know I did? I told him to eat the flag in my present, then I blew my nose on the currency and had bigger-ass defecates on the flag. What that tells you? Biafra is doomed!

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

President Bola Tinubu Signs Executive Orders To Ease Tax Burden On Businesses / Fayemi: Ekiti Workers’ Salary Arrears Will Be Paid In Six Months / Osun Election: Governor Oyetola, Wife Vote In Iragbiji (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.