Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices (40545 Views)

Benny Hinn:Am Guilty Of preaching Prosperity Outside what the Bible teaches / What The Holy Bible Teaches About "Dating And Sex" / Bible Teaches Gender Equality, Why Has Gender Inequality Always Been The Norm? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by Sanchez01: 11:10am On Mar 13, 2016
phanshark:
so,jacob Senior abraham! Lol....
No one said so. What Abraham paid wasn't tithe in the real sense of it. It was tribute to Melchizedek who was not only a priest but also a king. In the New Testament, tribute paying became tax, which Jesus similarly demonstrated. Abraham never negotiated with God concerning tithing and the Bible was clear on Abraham's because it says "and Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek".
Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by Sanchez01: 11:15am On Mar 13, 2016
stasius:
Liar from the pit of hell. Who told you that the mother of God is just a fortunate vessel? God has predestined her from the beginning to be the mother of the incarnate word.
Ave maria!.!.
She was just a fortunate vessel and she is not the mother of God. She birthed a being called Jesus but never the Spirit called Christ. I don't want to go deep but it may sound confusing.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by bnovative(m): 11:18am On Mar 13, 2016
Kenistry:

the New is clear on tithing. It has bn abolished due to the change in the order of priesthood. Read Hebrews 7

Luke 11:42 (TLB)
“But woe to you Pharisees! For though
you are careful to tithe even the smallest
part of your income, you completely
forget about justice and the love of God.
You should tithe, yes, but you should not
leave these other things undone.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by rhektor(m): 11:18am On Mar 13, 2016
Sanchez01:

The same passages you gave as references to tithe is the same someone gave me just almost two weeks ago. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought you to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Was Christ teaching about tithe? No, He was highlighting the hypocritical nature of the Pharisees and Scribes who carry out the Mosaic Law thinking they are better than others when in reality they are not. Please re-read the passage to understand what Christ meant.

Yes Jesus was actually teaching about tithe but lay emphasis on judgement, mercy and faith by calling them weightier matter of the law. He said this you ought to do without leaving the other undone. By this statement he was not condemning tithe but was saying there are other things that are more important than tithing
Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by linusbnn(m): 11:19am On Mar 13, 2016
Sanchez01:

True, and that is because a lot of people will not just change their minds on what they have been taught from childhood till date. Again to hammer on it, why didn't Christ demonstrate it when He was able to pay tax to Caesar's government? He taught us to pray, to forgive, to give, to intercede for others and even to give towards the work of God, but never made a single teaching on tithing? As big as the New Testament is, there is not a single teaching on tithing. What does this tell us? Unfortunately, some pastors realize this but they will never preach it because it;s like preaching their very own death.

Even the concept of paying tithe in the Old Testament made it known that the Levites, the tribe from Levi are to eat and feast from the people's tithes because God commanded them not to have a land like in the inheritance of Israel every other tribe had. They had no lands, they did not farm and they did not rear cattles. So if the Levites had access to the tithes based on God's instruction, why then did Christ not preach about it in the new phase? Simple, because there are no Levites in our midst again. The Pastor who has a full time job has turned himself to a Levite despite his many landed properties and cars. He cannot preach the truth in this regard because that is his primary source of income.

If we can intercede for one another,why can't we beg for the intercession of Mother of Jesus (MARY)who showed her love for mankind at the wedding feast at CANA? Try and read John 2:1-5.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by redcap: 11:20am On Mar 13, 2016
winner01:
If another date was chosen. Skeptics will still find a god to attribute it to. We have 365 days and there about 5000+ gods.
Personally, i see nothing wrong in celebrating Jesus anyday. He owns all days.

OMG,you just made my day with this valid point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by rev2214(m): 11:20am On Mar 13, 2016
malvisguy212:
@. I agree with everything you said except christmas, the day of christ birth may be unknown, but First, a person who was born on February 29 (leap year) only celebrate his birthday after 4 years, is it sinful to chose another day to celebrate it ? Or if your birthday fall on saturday (saturn) will you celebrate it ? In 1 corinthians 8 paul is saying we should not in anyway aknowlegde this pagan gods exist.
I believe everyday is for the Lord. You can celebrate your birthday any day. And you can serve the Lord everyday. In fact Saturday is the 7th day of the week, while Sunday is the 1st day.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by bnovative(m): 11:24am On Mar 13, 2016
onyekaegbo:

Could you please show us? It would be nice if the truth on where the Bible stand concerning tithing is clarified.

Luke 11:42 TLB
“But woe to you Pharisees! For though
you are careful to tithe even the smallest
part of your income, you completely
forget about justice and the love of God.
You should tithe, yes, but you should not
leave these other things undone.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by ninodaniel(m): 11:24am On Mar 13, 2016
I have nothing to prove to u because I knw I can never convince most of u.we dont worship blessed Virgin Mary rather we honour her. my dear u r entitled to ur own thoughts. I hv bin praying to God tru all those Jesus and Mary statues and even d saints and it has bin working for me all tru my life. virgin Mary is d mediatrix of all graces for those dt believe. #i will remain a roman catholic till death#

3 Likes

Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by Udodasco1(m): 11:24am On Mar 13, 2016
Sanchez01:
She was just a fortunate vessel and she is not the mother of God. She birthed a being called Jesus but never the Spirit called Christ. I don't want to go deep but it may sound confusing.
my brother lemme point out few things here. Well going deep will rather lead us away far from God than drag us closer. Motherboard Mary was predestined and she gave birth to JESUS CHRIST. He came as a man and a devine being. Lemme stop here. God gcan not come into the world throughh a furtunate vessel. My God is too big to come unprepared. God bless you

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by Raymee(m): 11:25am On Mar 13, 2016
Advans:

there is nothing bad in choosing a date to celebrate birth but if u go down history lane, u will realize dt Dec 25 is a special day in Rome for celebrating an idol called MARS. D early Christians joined dem in d celebration and associate it wt d birth of Christ. Hence they formed CHRISTMAS frm christ-mars. Jst as d current Christians try to lured ppl into Christianity by advertising solution to hunger, poverty, barrenness e.t.c

U will realize dt Dec 25 is a special day in Rome for celebrating an idol called MARS

This is quite interesting & a fact to review on...

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by sinistermind(m): 11:28am On Mar 13, 2016
unto:
All these religious fanatics should shut up we don't know anything about God. What he will judge nobody knows live according to what you believe in. The mind of God is far far from the mind of Man stop condemning other churches. Bro what is sin? Let me tell you sin remain a mystery.

My Brother, I wonder o. All we know about God is written in the Bible. No one can say he or she knows the mind of God. Most people condemn according to their understanding of what they read from the Bible. I have long ago refrained from condemning others beliefs. These things are being seen as sinful and wrong are the same thing most people testify to have received miracles through.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by Sanchez01: 11:28am On Mar 13, 2016
rhektor:

Yes Jesus was actually teaching about tithe but lay emphasis on judgement, mercy and faith by calling them weightier matter of the law. He said this you ought to do without leaving the other undone. By this statement he was not condemning tithe but was saying there are other things that are more important than tithing
Yes, and do you know why He said that? It was because the persons in question were Pharisees and Sadducees. They carried out the Mosaic Law to the letter and it was because of them Christ said He had not come to abolish their long practices but to fulfil it. In the real sense of it, their Law was abolished. The significance of this popped at the mount of transfiguration when Moses (Law) and Elijah (Prophet) spoke with Christ before His crucifixion. Theologians believe there was a transfer from both the Law and Prophets to Grace, which Christ represented.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by donj84: 11:30am On Mar 13, 2016
Sanchez01:
This piece may be hard for dogmatic Christians to digest, largely because they, as dogmatic as they are, have never been encouraged to think on their own and in turn, find out the truth concerning some of the practices I'm about to mention. Therefore, I apologize to anyone who feels slighted or angry at any/every part of my write up which I consider a "hardball". Please be open minded as you take your time to read through this piece.

1. Statues, Symbol of Christ/Mary in Churches is a sin:
God, through Exo 20:3-6 makes His intention known. If you attend a church where symbols, statues of Christ, Mary or Angels are mounted within its premises or you have one at home, then know you're on your own. Christ never commanded this and every action put up in the Old Testament concerning this was purely condemned. You have no business with that statue! (Also read: 1 John 5:21; 1 Cor 10:14). If you have a cross, statue, rosary or image depicting Christ in your home or church, then you are in the congregation of the dead.

2. The Worship of Mary:
The worship or "honour" accorded to Mary by some within the Christian fold is nothing but a misleading. Mary WAS a fortunate vessel used by God to birth Christ. She was a virgin at the time, just like most ladies of then. God could have used anyone. In short, God used anyone and that person was Mary. The Worship of Mary or mentioning her during prayer is a sin. Why? Christ gave a template fro prayer through the Lord's prayer. Mary went on to birth several other children through sexual form with Joseph.

[/color]
Notice the Halo around Mary (especially her head). That is an idolatrous practice of Christians which symbolizes deity (that she is equal with God). The Babylonians practiced the same idolatrous worship to the Queen of Heaven. Mary is NOT deity, she was a normal every-day woman. God makes CLEAR in His Word that He will NOT share His glory with another (that includes Mary).
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/bowing_to_mary_is_a_sin.htm

3. Church Marriage:
This is perhaps a practice Christ would never be happy with. Why? The church from the onset has no right joining a couple together. Never! [color=#990000]
When a man and a woman agrees to marry, as far as they have sought both parents' consent, then they have God's favour and not the church's. Unfortunately, most churches prioritize this practice even more than the traditional wedding which started with Abraham's family in the Old Testament [/color]. Most ladies even live for the moment of church wedding without realizing the practice is wrong. Does it not baffle us as Christians that the wedding at Cana Christ attended was neither conducted in a temple or on a religious ground? Does it not speak volume, that despite being Christ, He did not lay any example as to how weddings should be conducted in the Scripture? Western wedding tradition has crept into the Nigerian church and our pastors are even outdoing those who started it. Amazing!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_wedding

4. Christmas:
Ah... Everyone loves this season. Who doesn't? Everyone feels it and breathes it when it is near. Unfortunately, the origin of December 25 is idolatry. Christ was never born on the 25th of December. Christ said, [color=#990000]
. Christmas is not a command of God—it is a tradition of men. Christ continued, . Every year, throughout the world, on December 25th, hundreds of millions do just that! Read more on the origin of Christmas here: http://www.hope-of-israel.org/cmas1.htm

5. Tithe:
At this point, I know many will come for me. Therefore, this may be longer to drive my point home. Tithing started with Jacob and not on God's instruction, contrary to the belief of many people. [/color]Voila! And it started. But what was the original tithing system before the popular Malachi 3:10 method.

[color=#990000]

The passage above was the proper way of tithing; use your money to buy what your soul lust after and eat before God. Why pastors don't preach this, I don't know. Greed, perhaps. Christ while on earth in human form taught man all he needed to know about God's worship and living with fellow men. From prayer, to fasting, to offering, to giving, to sacrificing, etc. What did He say about tithing? Nothing! What did the Apostles teach about tithing? Nothing! As a matter of fact, Christ paid tax to an earthly government, prayed, fasted, gave, sacrificed and so on, but did He pay tithe at all? No! [color=#990000][/color]

I know many will claim "we operate both the Old and the New Testament". If this is true, how come we don't practice some of the commandments in in Leviticus 15

1. As the Old Testament practice, a woman with her monthly flow MUST not come near the Temple because she's unclean. Do churches examine this? NO! Save a few (white garments).
2. When a woman is caught in the act of adultery, the Old Testament practice was instant killing by stoning her to death. Does it happen in Christianity today? No! If we operate both Testaments, how come we cannot carry out this act? Simple! Because Christ demonstrated the perfect example - forgiveness. Under Christ, some Old practices were abolished, including tithing which is an Old Testament practice to the then Israel. It is hypocrisy to pick some parts of the Scripture that suits you and dump the rest.

There, you know which is which. Which should be abolished and which should be done away with. Happy Sunday wink
On tithe, deu 12: 5-6
But you shall seek the place that the Lord your God will
choose out of all your tribes to put his name and make
his habitation there. There you shall go, and there you
shall bring your burnt offerings and your sacrifices, your
tithes and the contribution that you present, your vow
offerings, your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your
herd and of your flock.
On church wedding, if you say abraham started it, did the bible say d man should take things to the female family..if Abraham practised it, then we can pay tithe too
If you talking always about what the bible say and not, you should be preaching the word of God, go to a seminary or even go to areas were the word of God as not gotten to because we are on dis earth for a purpose, so no need to spend hours in school, dat money should be used for expansion of the gospel..oga der are what we call norms in a society which dosnt make you sin before God...paying ur tithe is not an idol worship or church marriage..

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by sunshine1974(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2016
geraldhumphrey:
this op must be. a Jehovah's witness candidate . . . . .anyways let me sound dis note of warnings to u,no cum ma house cum tell me dis trash odawise u will not live to tell d tale to u fellow (devil's witnessers)
even if he's a jw, does dat warrant the threat u are issuing? As a matter of fact jw are better Christians from my own point of view......i attend redeem but I kinda like Dem.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by rhektor(m): 11:35am On Mar 13, 2016
Sanchez01:

The same passages you gave as references to tithe is the same someone gave me just almost two weeks ago. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought you to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Was Christ teaching about tithe? No, He was highlighting the hypocritical nature of the Pharisees and Scribes who carry out the Mosaic Law thinking they are better than others when in reality they are not. Please re-read the passage to understand what Christ meant.

Yes Jesus was actually teaching about tithe but lay emphasis on judgement, mercy and faith by calling them weightier matter of the law. He said this you ought to do without leaving the other undone. By this statement he was not condemning tithe but was saying there are other things that are more important than tithing.
There is no need
for one set of duties to jostle out another;
but it is to be carefully noted that of the
greater duties our Lord says, "Ye ought to
have done" them, while of the lesser He
merely says, "Ye ought to leave them
undone." - Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible
Commentary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by dnameisOla1: 11:36am On Mar 13, 2016
Sanchez01:
This piece may be hard for dogmatic Christians to digest, largely because they, as dogmatic as they are, have never been encouraged to think on their own and in turn, find out the truth concerning some of the practices I'm about to mention. Therefore, I apologize to anyone who feels slighted or angry at any/every part of my write up which I consider a "hardball". Please be open minded as you take your time to read through this piece.

1. Statues, Symbol of Christ/Mary in Churches is a sin:
God, through Exo 20:3-6 makes His intention known. If you attend a church where symbols, statues of Christ, Mary or Angels are mounted within its premises or you have one at home, then know you're on your own. Christ never commanded this and every action put up in the Old Testament concerning this was purely condemned. You have no business with that statue! (Also read: 1 John 5:21; 1 Cor 10:14). If you have a cross, statue, rosary or image depicting Christ in your home or church, then you are in the congregation of the dead.

2. The Worship of Mary:
The worship or "honour" accorded to Mary by some within the Christian fold is nothing but a misleading. Mary WAS a fortunate vessel used by God to birth Christ. She was a virgin at the time, just like most ladies of then. God could have used anyone. In short, God used anyone and that person was Mary. The Worship of Mary or mentioning her during prayer is a sin. Why? Christ gave a template fro prayer through the Lord's prayer. Mary went on to birth several other children through sexual form with Joseph.

[/color]
Notice the Halo around Mary (especially her head). That is an idolatrous practice of Christians which symbolizes deity (that she is equal with God). The Babylonians practiced the same idolatrous worship to the Queen of Heaven. Mary is NOT deity, she was a normal every-day woman. God makes CLEAR in His Word that He will NOT share His glory with another (that includes Mary).
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/bowing_to_mary_is_a_sin.htm

3. Church Marriage:
This is perhaps a practice Christ would never be happy with. Why? The church from the onset has no right joining a couple together. Never! [color=#990000]
When a man and a woman agrees to marry, as far as they have sought both parents' consent, then they have God's favour and not the church's. Unfortunately, most churches prioritize this practice even more than the traditional wedding which started with Abraham's family in the Old Testament [/color]. Most ladies even live for the moment of church wedding without realizing the practice is wrong. Does it not baffle us as Christians that the wedding at Cana Christ attended was neither conducted in a temple or on a religious ground? Does it not speak volume, that despite being Christ, He did not lay any example as to how weddings should be conducted in the Scripture? Western wedding tradition has crept into the Nigerian church and our pastors are even outdoing those who started it. Amazing!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_wedding

4. Christmas:
Ah... Everyone loves this season. Who doesn't? Everyone feels it and breathes it when it is near. Unfortunately, the origin of December 25 is idolatry. Christ was never born on the 25th of December. Christ said, [color=#990000]
. Christmas is not a command of God—it is a tradition of men. Christ continued, . Every year, throughout the world, on December 25th, hundreds of millions do just that! Read more on the origin of Christmas here: http://www.hope-of-israel.org/cmas1.htm

5. Tithe:
At this point, I know many will come for me. Therefore, this may be longer to drive my point home. Tithing started with Jacob and not on God's instruction, contrary to the belief of many people. [/color]Voila! And it started. But what was the original tithing system before the popular Malachi 3:10 method.

[color=#990000]

The passage above was the proper way of tithing; use your money to buy what your soul lust after and eat before God. Why pastors don't preach this, I don't know. Greed, perhaps. Christ while on earth in human form taught man all he needed to know about God's worship and living with fellow men. From prayer, to fasting, to offering, to giving, to sacrificing, etc. What did He say about tithing? Nothing! What did the Apostles teach about tithing? Nothing! As a matter of fact, Christ paid tax to an earthly government, prayed, fasted, gave, sacrificed and so on, but did He pay tithe at all? No! [color=#990000][/color]

I know many will claim "we operate both the Old and the New Testament". If this is true, how come we don't practice some of the commandments in in Leviticus 15

1. As the Old Testament practice, a woman with her monthly flow MUST not come near the Temple because she's unclean. Do churches examine this? NO! Save a few (white garments).
2. When a woman is caught in the act of adultery, the Old Testament practice was instant killing by stoning her to death. Does it happen in Christianity today? No! If we operate both Testaments, how come we cannot carry out this act? Simple! Because Christ demonstrated the perfect example - forgiveness. Under Christ, some Old practices were abolished, including tithing which is an Old Testament practice to the then Israel. It is hypocrisy to pick some parts of the Scripture that suits you and dump the rest.

There, you know which is which. Which should be abolished and which should be done away with. Happy Sunday wink

Op, I will like to ask u this simple question since its obvious u are God's P.A, dt knows d criteria He will use to allow all the human beings into Heaven, forgetting dt the Bible was written by human beings like u and I whom the Holy spirit gave d inspirations.

My question is, in d New Testament, Jesus summarised d commandment into ' love your God with all your might and love your neighbour as well' so tell me and do a cross examination before u answer, can u tell me dt u are truly following wat Jesus said about the commandment?
Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by Sanchez01: 11:37am On Mar 13, 2016
donj84:

On tithe, deu 12: 5-6
But you shall seek the place that the Lord your God will
choose out of all your tribes to put his name and make
his habitation there. There you shall go, and there you
shall bring your burnt offerings and your sacrifices, your
tithes and the contribution that you present, your vow
offerings, your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your
herd and of your flock.
On church wedding, if you say abraham started it, did the bible say d man should take things to the female family..if Abraham practised it, then we can pay tithe too
If you talking always about what the bible say and not, you should be preaching the word of God, go to a seminary or even go to areas were the word of God as not gotten to because we are on dis earth for a purpose, so no need to spend hours in school, dat money should be used for expansion of the gospel..oga der are what we call norms in a society which dosnt make you sin before God...paying ur tithe is not an idol worship or church marriage..
We have a normal as African men. We either marry more than one wife or we have a concubine somewhere. This is an African norm and our tradition permits it. I hope you have more than one wife or you intend to? I hope your pastor, with all due respect has more than one wife?

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by meche4vr(m): 11:41am On Mar 13, 2016
I can see that some people has been philosophically philosophized to the highest other confuusu ga duma. But I refused to be Intimidated and biased.
Only weak links will be moved by these write up.

I be back were ya otua
Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by jayceekaJ(f): 11:42am On Mar 13, 2016
Blah blah blah
Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by rev2214(m): 11:45am On Mar 13, 2016
Kenistry:

Jesus was also talking abt the pharisees keeping some of d mosaic laws and omitting some. You must keep all d laws to be righteous before God. U cant select some and leave some jst as the tithe preachers do
Keeping the law uhmmmm
Nobody can keep all the law.
That is why JESUS came to settle it on the cross

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by Sanchez01: 11:45am On Mar 13, 2016
linusbnn:

If we can intercede for one another,why can't we beg for the intercession of Mother of Jesus (MARY)who showed her love for mankind at the wedding feast at CANA? Try and read John 2:1-5.
I'm very conversant with the passage and I've had a lot of persons who tend to justify the "honour" of Mary by referring me to that passage. In verse 4 or so, Jesus referred to the "Holy Mother" as WOMAN, DIRECTLY. There's a template in getting to God and it's through Jesus. There's a template in getting to Jesus Christ and it's through the Holy Spirit. Mary has no business interceding because she is not a deity. She was a human who had long gone. You don't honour the dead. The mother of Jesus Christ you mentioned gave birth to other children. Sorry, she had a man who slept with her and she conceived her other children through sexual means. That is no mark of a deity.

4 Likes

Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by Pepunis(f): 11:49am On Mar 13, 2016
GrammarNazi:

It gladdens my heart whenever I come across posts like this; it shows we still have youths that think for themselves rather swallow religious doctrines "hook, line & sinker".

Every point you have raised is true, but I've got one more to add (actually, I've got more than one, but I'd only give one for now and save the others for later).

In Matthew 23:9, Jesus said “And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and He is in heaven". Obviously, we know he wasn't referring to our biological fathers here.

But what do we have today? Starting with Roman Catholics calling their priests 'Rev Fathers', we move on to pentecostals with titles like 'Daddy G.O.' 'Papa this' and 'Papa that'. When you ask why, they say these guys are their "spiritual fathers" angry
If your pastor is your spiritual father, then God is what? Your biological father? undecided
very right let me add another one that has is very critical here, THE DAY OF WORSHIP OF GOD ALMIGHTY, which is the SEVENTH DAY, which has been renamed saturday, quotations: gen 2;2, 1cor 16;2, Ex 20; 8, lev 16: 31, mrk 2:27 etc the divine day of worship ordianed by GOD has beed abandone to please the sun god of roman empire

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 13, 2016
linusbnn:

Mary, like other dead prophets, because I sincerely believe she was a prophet, is dead. We do have an intercessor. His name is Christ. So when you pray through Mary, should she also relay the prayer through Christ in whose name we are instructed to pray?

John 14:13 |
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

This applies to all prayers made through beatified catholic "saints."

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by sunshine1974(m): 11:49am On Mar 13, 2016
Muafrika2:

Well, sacrifices do not have to be blood. Praise is a sacrifice. A spiritual sacrifice that is more important than animal sacrifice. Honour is a sacrifice. Incense, lighting candles, etc is a form of sacrifice. Words are used in worship. Bowing a and kneeling is like the previous, a form of sacrifice. It is for that reason that there is a spirit masquerading as mary (as in fatima, etc) and appearing to catholics everywhere calling on more oblation. That image, is an idol, a god that has grown very fat on people's oblation over the years.
all u mentioned has nothing to do with sacrifice......we just keep changing definitions to suit our beliefs.......smh
Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by Bonj(m): 11:55am On Mar 13, 2016
Sanchez01:

Lol. Most can't see it. The height of dogma is just too much. Most churches have done too much damages that only Christ can restore to factory setting.

The ace up their sleave is "Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm".
The congregation is led to believe their is propitiation of sorts in active church activities, better still, in paying obeisance to the so-called man of God.

Last i heard anybody preach the story of Ananias and Saphira - a classic example of what present day fellowship should be, was over 30 years ago.

I once stood up,dusted my bible and walked out of a popular church in the Oregun axis 'cos the crap from the pulpit stank on that day. Oh yeah, that was my last day.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by wellmax(m): 11:58am On Mar 13, 2016
The thing about the end time is that truth is mixed with a little error. OP you said some good things but mixed with errors. Have you ever come across Malachi 3:10 "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there
may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord."

As for marriages, yes 'church' wedding is not necessary, the real joining is the bride price paying and the to Legalize you go to the court. The church is just to bless. Like I can go to seek blessing for my business or any other thing. Yes its over blown, but it hasn't gone against any Word of God.

2 Likes

Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by bankybobo11: 11:58am On Mar 13, 2016
Sanchez01:

You simply took the word from me. Thanks!

Lalasticlala, let me call you again smiley

But whatever God did not change concerning the old testament, it is meant to stand. Eg men were allowed to marry many wives in the OT but Jesus came to modify to one man one wife. Jesus didn't say we should stop paying tithe.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by Yuzee: 12:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
It is possible to misunderstand the Bible.... Even the Bible itself says so "as also in all his(paul's) epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are certain things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable wrest(twist), as they do also the other scriptures, to their own destruction" (2 Peter 3:16)...."above all else no one can explain himself or herself a prophecy in the scriptures"(2peter 1:20)
Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by somegirl1: 12:07pm On Mar 13, 2016
Sanchez01:

Tithing to God in the Old Testament came in several forms. The most direct was taking your substance to the Temple (mostly meats) and burning it before the Ark. The Bible made it clear that God took delight in the aroma. The concept of money tithing was because the Levite were not working and they were seen as liabilities on the other tribe. Hence, to ease their burdens, monetary tithes became a means of their survival. God instructed this and it was this sole reason that made the Levite the only ones who serve and functioned as both priests and choristers in the Temple.

I actually wanted to know how one can pay tithe directly in modern times.
Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by effty(m): 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
"Whatever He tells you, do it." Did u read the passage u quoted up to that end?
linusbnn:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Bible Teaches About These Five Church Practices by rev2214(m): 12:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
wellmax:
The thing about the end time is that truth is mixed with a little error. OP you said some good things but mixed with errors. Have you ever come across Malachi 3:10 "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there
may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord."

As for marriages, yes 'church' wedding is not necessary, the real joining is the bride price paying and the to Legalize you go to the court. The church is just to bless. Like I can go to seek blessing for my business or any other thing. Yes its over blown, but it hasn't gone against any Word of God.
whatever we do let's do it to honour God. To have the mindset of honouring God. I'm not discouraging tithing. Simply saying give all to God.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Started Masturbating At 4 After Seeing My Mum Go Unclad - Man Tells Pastor / Ayo Oritsejafor's Private Jet Grounded At The Airport (Photo) / Apostle Lawrence Achudume Asks Members To Drop N5K In His Hand For Blessing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.