Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,328 members, 7,954,326 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:44 PM

Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage? (3846 Views)

Individuals From Broken Homes End Up With Broken Marriage? How True? / Long Courtship Is Bad Business By Funke Egbemode / Pregnancy And Broken Marriage Plans - Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage? by aboveonly(m): 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2009
Every partner who senses that a relationship is taking a serious and committed path should learn to say some truths about the past.Though it could hurt or could cause atemporary friction,TRUTH IS WORTH TELLING ALWAYS.
The price to pay for lies is more expensive than truth.On the other hand,there are some truths which some partners could find very disturbing and even know that it could lead to headaches and heartaches in the future.
Often,some live with it and go ahead with wedding plans,but if you cant swallor the bitter pill,dont you think a broken courtship is better than a broken marriage?
What's your opinion, ?
Re: Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage? by rhufffryda(m): 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2009
"Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage?"

I agree with you on that one. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage? by olanajim(m): 8:34am On Jul 16, 2009
Definitely!
Re: Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage? by biola44: 8:47am On Jul 16, 2009
wink
Re: Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 16, 2009
looking at the phrase" broken courtship is better than broken marriage" then i would have to disagree completely.
first let me say that what you dont know cannot hurt you so in my book, if a person has lived +10yrs of marital bliss had children and then found something that make them broke up then this person has had +10yrs of happiness and that cannot be taken lightly therefore, although the marriage is no more, this person has had a wonderful time of happiness. just the experiences of going through marriage, finding that special someone, waking up next to that person, being with a person you love and want to share the rest of your life, that alone should be worth whatever headache you will get at the end of the union.
better have happiness in small packages than no happiness at all.
like i said earlier thats my views because i believe that the day i found someone to "MARRY" then that person will be so special that even if i only spend 10yrs with her, it would be 10yrs of walking on heaven.
Re: Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage? by biola44: 9:44am On Jul 16, 2009
sure, cos 10yrs is a long time cheesy
Re: Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 16, 2009
biola44:

sure, cos 10yrs is a long time cheesy

of course because on top of the marriage bliss, you would have the courtship bliss. unless people out here expect to marry people they just met?!
to marry someone it takes at least 3good yrs of courtship until the "i do" day (and i am being generous), then marriage bliss until that fateful break up day.
thats a hell of a long time!
Re: Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage? by agathamari(f): 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2009
knowing the truth hurts less then not knowing. if you see your gf walk out of a hotel which hurts worse the ideas racing through your head of all the things that may have happend or knowing exactly what happend? the truth is never as bad as what your mind can think of
Re: Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2009
agathamari:

knowing the truth hurts less then not knowing.  if you see your gf walk out of a hotel which hurts worse the ideas racing through your head of all the things that may have happend or knowing exactly what happend?  the truth is never as bad as what your mind can think of

i am pretty sure that NOT seeing her leaving that hotel wouldnt hurt one bit. (even if she was slutting herself around).
the wording is: what you dont know cant hurt you, not what you know but dont understand.
only a damn fool will see his girlfriend walking out of a hotel and stand by and think of what may or not have happened there.
if i see my girlfriend walking out of a hotel then i will stop the car, walk up to her and ask her: "whats up, what you doing here?". her answer to that question will make me act accordingly. i would never stress myself for BS like that and blame her without any proof.
so far as i know, going to an hotel is not a crime. i have been many times to hotels for reasons other than sexual or to cheat.
Re: Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage? by TheSeeker(m): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2009
Depends on the kind of courtship. First of all, during courtship you have limitations as to what you can do and share together while it's exactly the opposite when it comes to marriage. May I also reiterate that all of us do have some incidents in the past we want to keep to ourselves unless we want to open a can of worms; all of us do. There are secrets I might not want to talk about, and there may be some about you that I'd find disturbing. However, they are all in the past, so why don't we just bury them where they belong -- the past? Why looking for unnecessary "past" incidents that will only jeopardize what good could have happened to your courtship? I'm only concerned about what I know that may lead you to tell me about your past. Succinctly put, why ask a woman how many men she's slept with? Some guys do that and I find it really absurd. However, if I do get married, it'll be the greatest accomplishment in my life -- finding someone with whom I feel comfortable enough to trust with certain issues; that is a blessing and the highest rated favor.

Even after I have married her, I'm more concerned about moving the marriage forward to work better rather than dig up dirt from the past but there's a little addition to that : If I find out she did something and that leads to her telling me about a similar situation in the past which I never knew about, I will retrieve caution from the air and watch with my eyes wide open. Marriage can not be in any way compared to Courtship. Even if you break up after marriage, there will have been some sort of success which includes but not limited to : Having lived a happy life, beautiful kids and the reminisce of the happiness we have shared as a family and that, you can never, find in any courtship. If I have to choose between the two break ups, I will go with marriage break up because I have something to show for it.
Re: Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 16, 2009
TheSeeker:

Depends on the kind of courtship. First of all, during courtship you have limitations as to what you can do and share together while it's exactly the opposite when it comes to marriage. May I also reiterate that all of us do have some incidents in the past we want to keep to ourselves unless we want to open a can of worms; all of us do. There are secrets I might not want to talk about, and there may be some about you that I'd find disturbing. However, they are all in the past, so why don't we just bury them where they belong -- the past? Why looking for unnecessary "past" incidents that will only jeopardize what good could have happened to your courtship? I'm only concerned about what I know that may lead you to tell me about your past. Succinctly put, why ask a woman how many men she's slept with? Some guys do that and I find it really absurd. However, if I do get married, it'll be the greatest accomplishment in my life -- finding someone with whom I feel comfortable enough to trust with certain issues; that is a blessing and the highest rated favor.

Even after I have married her, I'm more concerned about moving the marriage forward to work better rather than dig up dirt from the past but there's a little addition to that : If I find out she did something and that leads to her telling me about a similar situation in the past which I never knew about, I will retrieve caution from the air and watch with my eyes wide open. Marriage can not be in any way compared to Courtship. Even if you break up after marriage, there will have been some sort of success which includes but not limited to : Having lived a happy life, beautiful kids and the reminisce of the happiness we have shared as a family and that, you can never, find in any courtship. If I have to choose between the two break ups, I will go with marriage break up because I have something to show for it.

10 points sir!
Re: Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage? by Monicaa: 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

looking at the phrase" broken courtship is better than broken marriage" then i would have to disagree completely.
first let me say that what you dont know cannot hurt you so in my book, if a person has lived +10yrs of marital bliss had children and then found something that make them broke up then this person has had +10yrs of happiness and that cannot be taken lightly therefore, although the marriage is no more, this person has had a wonderful time of happiness. just the experiences of going through marriage, finding that special someone, waking up next to that person, being with a person you love and want to share the rest of your life, that alone should be worth whatever headache you will get at the end of the union.
better have happiness in small packages than no happiness at all.
like i said earlier thats my views because i believe that the day i found someone to "MARRY" then that person will be so special that even if i only spend 10yrs with her, it would be 10yrs of walking on heaven.

TheSeeker:

I agree.
Re: Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage? by TheSeeker(m): 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2009
agathamari:

knowing the truth hurts less then not knowing. if you see your gf walk out of a hotel which hurts worse the ideas racing through your head of all the things that may have happend or knowing exactly what happend? the truth is never as bad as what your mind can think of

I beg to disagree. There are some truths that should never be told -- some issues are better off left unsaid. If I see my wife, walking out of a hotel, why should I have the notion that she was there for sex with another man? Why shouldn't I just safely ask her why she was there? Sometimes, false thoughts go through your head and that's why most people break up relationships and marriages over trivial issues. Let me delve a little into why some secrets are better left in the dark. Your wife tells you she used to be a prostitute, you agree to put that behind and move on to a brighter life. One day, as you have stated, see her coming out of a hotel, what will be the first thing to come to your mind? The thought that will race through your mind is "She's still doing this prostitution behind me" and then you'll fuss over nothing and look stupid in her eyes and do you know what her response will be if you confront her with that lame accusation? "You are suffering from paranoia or you're going senile before your time" she'd say and you know why? Because you'll look stupid to her. She may have been there numerous reasons other than sex.
Re: Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage? by PERVERT9: 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2009
just like broken plate is beta dan broken heart grin
Re: Broken Courtship Is Better Than Broken Marriage? by sexylogan(m): 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2009
What u dont know cant hurt u, it'l just kill u. Better to have a broken
heart than a cardiac arrest. tongue Better a broken courtship than a
broken marriage. I agree completely.

(1) (Reply)

What Is It With Portharcourt Girls? / Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship / The Girl I Want To Marry Just Told Me She Had Been Married Before.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.