Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,919 members, 7,828,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? (13748 Views)

Genesis 11 : 4 To 7: How Realistic Is This Part Of The Bible? / If Jehovah Is Omnipresent, Where Was It When Eve Was Talking To The Snake? / Genesis 1:26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by dolphinheart(m): 11:13am On Apr 28, 2016
tunnypop:

In God I believe. Check john 1;1, 10
1. In the beginning was the word and the. word was with God, and the word was God.

10. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Just like you can not separate the words coming out of you from you. Jesus is the word of God that was spoken and referred to. If you understand the trinity, then my point should be clear here.

John 10:30 says
"I and my father are one"

Lets assume that I cannot seperate the words coming out from me from me, can I control my words? yes, can my words control me?no.
The bible is called the word of God, is the bible God?

"I and the father are one", whose wOrd was heard there?, the words word or gods word?

in essence you are claiming that "the word" has no personality of his own, just like the fact that I can determine my words.

" the father is greater than I am" said the word, pls explain this in line with trinity.

1 Like

Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by goodnews201668: 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2016
Wait, are you trying to say Jesus is God's spoken word or a personality that was with God? Which one?

tunnypop:

In God I believe. Check john 1;1, 10
1. In the beginning was the word and the. word was with God, and the word was God.

10. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Just like you can not separate the words coming out of you from you. Jesus is the word of God that was spoken and referred to. If you understand the trinity, then my point should be clear here.

John 10:30 says
"I and my father are one"
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
donnie:

The literal Word of God became flesh (Jesus ). That's why it is perfecrtly in order to call Him the Word of God.

We are saying the same thing in different ways. You say that Jesus is the LITERAL word of God that became flesh. And that he, Jesus, never existed until the first century AD. Which means, the word of God spoken of in the bible, even in the one you try to prove was a person in Gen 3:8 is not Jesus since he had not been born by Mary.

As such, Jesus came from the word that had been existing prior to him. Do you get the point now?

Jesus is thus not the word because the word of God pre-existed him. Dont you see your contradiction?

You'd wish it did talk about Jesus but it didn't. However, those scriptures reveal His personality because Jesus is the Word of God- The wisdom of God. That's why it is perfectly in order to say Jesus created the world, but you must understand in what context.

Of course not! God was not created. He is eternal- Therefore His wisdom is eternal.

Well, I dont see how it did not speak about Jesus allegorically. The whole evidence points to him.

I quite appreciate how you answered the question about God's wisdom being uncreated. That is a direct answer I expect.

Now, let me get your direct opinion on this question: Whose wisdom is being spoken of in that verse?

2. Your statement that it reveals Jesus personality would present us with another problem, dont you think: Did Jesus exist without being wise? And remember this wisdom was said to exhibit an action - "I was the one he was especially fond of day by day" prov 8:30
I'm aware of that fact.

ok.

Yea, they're of your school of thought.
I agree and am convinced that Jesus is the eternal creator of heaven and earth and that is because He is the Word of God.

But that tale of Jesus walking around in heaven and transforming into a little thing and injected into Mary.... Then pretends to be a baby (even though he knew all of them) is a joke. It's not in the Bible.

Well, those were the words of John Owen. Could he be adopting my school of thought? He is older than I am, as well as those in the "ancient church".

And so what? John Owen is not God.

I never said he was, neither is any of us. But that he believed it and including those in the ancient church is revealing, would your second consideration of that chapter not be in other. After all, you strongly believe that it didnt talk about Jesus while others strongly believe that it did. You are not God, just like they are not. It all comes down to, why do you believe what you believe, proof should be the factor here. Do you not agree?

With open mind, we both can see what the scripture really says. Would you accept my invitation to sincerely investigate this matter?

Have you ever fellowshiped with wisdom(the Word) before? If you haven't, I have. It is a beautiful fellowship. And by the way, Jesus didn't appear physically in my room. This is one of the benefits of having the Holy Spirit in your life. He makes fellowship with the father and the Son possible.

I see how you linked Wisdom with the Word. Of course, I have a good fellowship with him. Being in the preaching work is great way of walking with Jesus and the holy spirit. matt 28:20; acts 1:8. Personal bible study and meditation has been of tremendous help to me, I ve felt God's personal touch in my life.

However, the reference I gave shows that God and Jesus had intimate relationship together before his coming to earth. Do you see why I agree that God must be talking to this son in Gen 1:26?

So you read those references I gave about the Holy Spirit and were still able to write the above? I give up. You have won, because that is what it comes down to without the Holy Ghost -argument.

I ve never said that there is no holy spirit, but we disagree on the holy spirit having personality. I want us to investigate that on another thread, not here. It in fact the holy spirit that helps me to understand the bible to which am trying to help you see reasons. Its not by my power. The accomplishments I ve had in preaching to others in my area is by the help of the spirit.

So dont get it wrong.

Okay, but please I cannot prove Holy Ghost by argument. I will only write hoping that He will use my words to reveal Himself to as many as He Wills.

So, we should create a thread after this topic? Argument is not wrong. Job 23:4

The Person called Jesus did not exist until He was born of a virgin in Bethlehem. Is that clear enough?

john 6:38

"for I have come down from heaven to do, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me".

Who made that statement? And which heaven is he referring to?

I now see that the problem is your not viewing Jesus as a person who lived in heaven before coming to earth.

Jesus is the Word. The Bible calls Him the Word because the Word put on flesh and was called Jesus. Jn 1:14.

Now wasnt the Word that became Jesus a person in heaven? "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was With God". john 1:1. Does not that show that he was a person?

I am not into semantics. I am not out to prove how smartly I argue. I'm simply dishing out truth and children of truth will receive it.

JESUS IS THE LITERAL WORD OF GOD THAT BECAME FLESH and it is perfectly scriptural to call Him the Word.

But there is no room for that tale of His existence as Jesus in heaven before He was born on earth except of course through THE WORD.

Understand my position. I am not saying that Jesus is not the Word of God. He is, and it is not wrong to address him as such. Now I understand that statement, Word of God, to be a title giving to him as God's spokesperson. He cannot do anything aside from what God told him to do or say. john 12:49. You disagree with that cos you view Jesus as the LITERAL word that eventually took on flesh.

Haha, so I am now under obligation to reveal truth to you? Noo. Your attempt to rubbish this revelation failed. Accept the truth.

It is your obligation to prove your point and address it against contradictions. Those were your words: Jesus is God because he came from the word. Are those not your words?

Its like you like the Merry-go-round game? Well I've outgrown that. I'm taking back nothing. Truth is as revealed in the scriptures. All truth is parallel, no contradictions; so quit trying to be smart.

From what I've seen so far, you do not have strong spiritual convictions as everything is down to "reason". You try to make the scriptures say what they are not saying and then even where truth is so clearly seen, you do your best to water it down to the senses. Please read my previous posts meditatively.

I also believe that you are the one making the scripture say what it didnt say. after all, the scripture never said that Jesus is the literal word of God. Nor did it say that God was speaking with the holy spirit in Gen 1:26. What we are doing though is to see how we can decode scriptural words by comparing scripture with scripture. Any stand that contradicts another part of the scripture is wrong. Is that not a better approach?

Of course, what we believe should be reasonable when compared with what other bible portion says. read Matt 22:41-44. Jesus was being logical.

There he goes again...Abeg you don win. I no do again. Truth is already out there for all to see and believe.

Do not view this as a contest for a winner. See it as a joint effort between me and you to search out the stand that is consistent with all the scriptures. We keep learning and I enjoy digging to know.

Any of your statement that seem not to present what you mean, you quietly remove it or rephrase it. thats no problem.

I didnt get your point.

The point is that 1john 5:7, the phrase that says 'the Father, the son and the holy ghost. this are one', is not found in the original bible manuscripts.

No because there is only one Jesus who is the Christ. But God's Word is not less efficacious than Jesus. Because they are one.

Thank you. from your "no", it clearly shows that Jesus is not the LITERAL word of God. The issue now is knowing whether the person who was later named Jesus existed in heaven before coming to earth.

Show me a scripture that says the Word is inanimate or dead. Otherwise shut up.

1thes 2:13

"When you received God’s word, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but, just as it truthfully is, as the word of God"
...............................................................................................................................................................................

There is no need to even say "dead" with regards to God's word. When the bible say the word of God is alive, it does not mean that it is a person that is living. God's word is alive, in that it is alive to its promises, it can also reveal things that a person conceals in his heart and can move someone to make changes in his bad habits. Not that God's word is a person that can penetrate inside a joint marrow. Does that make any sense to you?

No. He is one of God's spokesmen. God wanted a son, He already had lots of spokesmen.

Well, God had people who do speak for him in a limited sense compared to that of Jesus. However, we are trying to know the meaning of the name "Word of God" given to Jesus. Just like when Jesus is called Christ, it does not mean he is now a literal anointing. Nor does it mean that a Christian is now a literal sheep since he is called such by Jesus. Rev 19:13

When you hear your president on radio, do you say you heard your president's voice on radio or you say you heard your president on radio?

Look at your words: "if he heard His voice, that means he heard THE WORD and knew it was God."

You associate "His voice" with "THE WORD". The "HIS" there is evidently referring to "God" as that will tally with the context of your reply. Do you now understand?

2 Likes

Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by donnie(m): 10:39am On Apr 29, 2016
JMAN05:

If you dont mind the discussion is not between me and you. Can you possibly ignore any reply I make here. I will love it if you do.

I appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

She made a very good point there. Wisdom is inanimate to you when it suits you and a living person when it doesn't? smiley

And you did not think you should clearly take back ur "the Word is inanimate" lie rather than stylishly? grin

As for a response to the rest of your last rejoinder, I will when i'm less busy. Also, its quite difficult using a phone for long replies.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by donnie(m): 11:20am On Apr 29, 2016
Emusan:

As usual I know you have nothing to say after your lies statement has been exposed.

Again, you said "That place speaks of wisdom, but this is wisdom personified. And the context shows that the bible is [size=14pt]allegorically talking about Jesus who is endowed with the wisdom of God."[/size]

And later said this "Inanimate things are often given animate attributes, even though they are not. The wisdom at Prov 8 is one example"

And finally asked after quoting some Bible scholars who gave their explanations on Prov 8 "That is just some. Don't you see reasons to accept that Jesus was the one the Father was talking to?"

Summary of your confusion.
1. Prov 8 is ALLEGORICALLY talking about Jesus Christ who is ENDOWED with the wisdom of God

2. Prov 8 is talking about INANIMATE THING that was just given an ANIMATED ATTRIBUTES.

3. Prov 8 is a prove that The Father is talking to Jesus Christ.

Confuse fellow!

grin
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by donnie(m): 11:28am On Apr 29, 2016
smiley
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by donnie(m): 11:30am On Apr 29, 2016
Emusan:

As usual I know you have nothing to say after your lies statement has been exposed.

Again, you said "That place speaks of wisdom, but this is wisdom personified. And the context shows that the bible is [size=14pt]allegorically talking about Jesus who is endowed with the wisdom of God."[/size]

And later said this "Inanimate things are often given animate attributes, even though they are not. The wisdom at Prov 8 is one example"

And finally asked after quoting some Bible scholars who gave their explanations on Prov 8 "That is just some. Don't you see reasons to accept that Jesus was the one the Father was talking to?"

Summary of your confusion.
1. Prov 8 is ALLEGORICALLY talking about Jesus Christ who is ENDOWED with the wisdom of God

2. Prov 8 is talking about INANIMATE THING that was just given an ANIMATED ATTRIBUTES.

3. Prov 8 is a prove that The Father is talking to Jesus Christ.

Confuse fellow!

Thank you jare.

Confusion is what you get when you gather info from everywhere (JWs, atheism etc) as long as they support your claims.

There are actualIy more, if we probe further but i hardly notice since i'm in "preaching mode" (not argument) most of the time.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by donnie(m): 11:51am On Apr 29, 2016
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by eplanning: 9:51pm On Apr 29, 2016
analice107:

He was there, he just wasn't called by the name Jesus. He was the one who appeared to Joshua as the Captain of the Lord's Army". Joshua worshipped him, he accepted the worship.

The one you describe my dear is The Angel of His presence- The Holy Ghost (Isaiah 63:9-10). He appears in several places in both Old and New testaments. Also called The Angel of the Lord in few other places.

The word "Angel" means "Messenger". He is the messenger of God's presence. The Holy Spirit takes the presence of God the Father and Jesus to wherever that presence is needed.

Jn 15:26
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even[/b] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:[/b]

The Father never leaves His throne to go from place to place; He moves by His Spirit which proceeds from Him.

I can take you through several portions of scripture where He is manifested. This revelation will clear a lot of so-called "grey areas" in scripture and revolutionize your fellowship with the Holy Spirit.

Ignorance of this truth has caused many Christians to attribute deity to several things including the so-called "dove symbol". But the Holy Spirit is not a dove, neither does He look like one. THE HOLY SPIRIT LOOKS LIKE JESUS.

By the way, in Psalm 110:1 the psalmist is not referring to a past event but rather prophetically telling of the of Christ's authority resulting from His victory over death, hell and glorious ascension into heaven. As for His enemies becoming His footstool: Christ will sit in that place of authority until every one member of His body (the Church) has Satan and his cohorts under their feet.

analice107:

He has always been there. It was the act of redemption that gave Him the name" Jesus christ".
My dear you are wrong. There were others who bore the name Jesus then and there are still several today. Christ refers to "the anointed one and His anointing".

The name He earned having obediently completed the work of redemption is not in the spelling of the name JESUS, but in the authority behind the name.

[I]
Phi 2:8-11
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.[/i]

The above scripture speaks of a name being given after He completed the work, not before.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by tunnypop(m): 10:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
goodnews201668:
Wait, are you trying to say Jesus is God's spoken word or a personality that was with God? Which one?

Both.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by tunnypop(m): 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
dolphinheart:

Lets assume that I cannot seperate the words coming out from me from me, can I control my words? yes, can my words control me?no.

"I and the father are one", whose wOrd was heard there?, the words word or gods word?

in essence you are claiming that "the word" has no personality of his own, just like the fact that I can determine my words.

" the father is greater than I am" said the word, pls explain this in line with trinity.
dolphinheart:

dolphinheart:

When jesus made these statement he was already in the world of flesh and blood.
John 1:14 "And the word was made flesh and dwelt amongst us..."
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by tunnypop(m): 10:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
I'm sorry to quote you 3 times, am on mobile. I didn't know what happened
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by goodnews201668: 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2016
tunnypop:

Both.

It can't be both, that's how confused one can be as far as Trinity is concerned.
The Bible shows that Jesus is a personality, there are so many discrepancies in the Trinity doctrine.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by tunnypop(m): 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2016
goodnews201668:

It can't be both, that's how confused one can be as far as Trinity is concerned.
The Bible shows that Jesus is a personality, there are so many discrepancies in the Trinity doctrine.

Jesus became a personality when he came to the world
John 1"In the beginning was the world, and the world was with God..."
John 1:14 NLT "So the word became human, and made his home among us..."
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by goodnews201668: 10:57pm On Apr 29, 2016
tunnypop:

Jesus became a personality when he came to the world
John 1"In the beginning was the world, and the world was with God..."
John 1:14 NLT "So the word became human, and made his home among us..."

Okay, so what can you say about that phrase "was with God"?
Can he be with God and still be the same person? The Bible said he was with God, can he be with God and be the same person?

People saw Jesus as a man while he walked the earth, his disciples also had the privilege of seeing him after his resurrection as a spirit.
Can anyone see God in any form and live?
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by eplanning: 11:14pm On Apr 29, 2016
goodnews201668

He did not rise from the dead as a spirit but with a glorified body. He was flesh and bone yet He passed through walls. O glory! One day very soon, at the trump of God, i will put on mine.

Jn 20:26-28
26 Eight days later, his disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.” 28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!

goodnews201668:

Can anyone see God in any form and live?

1Ti 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Take note of the "seen of angels". Will that be news if they saw Him in heaven before?

And did they remove the above passages from your JW bible too? Please stop believing and spreading lies.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by goodnews201668: 7:07am On Apr 30, 2016
eplanning:
goodnews201668

He did not rise from the dead as a spirit but with a glorified body. He was flesh and bone yet He passed through walls. O glory! One day very soon, at the trump of God, i will put on mine.

Jn 20:26-28
26 Eight days later, his disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.” 28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!

1Ti 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles,2 believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Take note of the "seen of angels". Will that be news if they saw Him in heaven before?

And did they remove the above passages from your JW bible too? Please stop believing and spreading lies.

For your mind anyone that have a contrary opinion or doesn't believe what u believe is a JW?

You have not said anything to prove that who people saw was God himself, Jesus always address himself as the son of God!

For your information Christ was resurrected as a spirit not just as a "glorified body" as u said.

Read this portions:
Acts 13:34 James Version (KJV)

34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

(The Bible said he will never return to corruption or flesh, 1 Corinthians 15:35-54 shows what corruption is our flesh!)

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.

(he was made alive in spirit while dead in body).

Now the portion you shows that he was "received to glory", who received him if he was the same God that sent him?

Okay your difficulty is with the statement seen by Angels, the question is has Jesus been a flesh before? No, but the angels and humans including gentiles saw him as flesh. They were all eye witnesses so to say.
So I repeat no man will see God and live!
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by eplanning: 7:37am On Apr 30, 2016
goodnews201668:

For your mind anyone that have a contrary opinion or doesn't believe what u believe is a JW?

You have not said anything to prove that who people saw was God himself, Jesus always address himself as the son of God!

For your information Christ was resurrected as a spirit not just as a "glorified body" as u said.

Read this portions:
Acts 13:34 James Version (KJV)

34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

(The Bible said he will never return to corruption or flesh, 1 Corinthians 15:35-54 shows what corruption is our flesh!)

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.

(he was made alive in spirit while dead in body).

Now the portion you shows that he was "received to glory", who received him if he was the same God that sent him?

Okay your difficulty is with the statement seen by Angels, the question is has Jesus been a flesh before? No, but the angels and humans including gentiles saw him as flesh. They were all eye witnesses so to say.
So I repeat no man will see God and live!

The Father received the Son (Jesus) up in glory.
The father sent His Word and that Word became Jesus- Jn 1:14. God and His Word are one- John 1:1. That's how Jesus is one with the Father. To deny this truth is to embrace confusion.

God was manifested and man and angels saw Him period. He did not come in His glory, and that's why men could see Him and still live.

Will a body resurrect without the Spirit?? That will not be resurrection. But to say he resurrected as a spirit alone is to deny the resurrection. That is gnosticism.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by goodnews201668: 7:49am On Apr 30, 2016
eplanning:

Is it partial or total blindness? God was manifested and man and angels saw Him period. He did not appear in His full glory and that's why men could see Him and still live.

Will a body resurrect without the Spirit?? It never happens, that will not be resurrection. But to say he resurrected as a spirit alone is to deny the resurrection. That is gnosticism.

If he was resurrected in flesh will he still be a spirit? Take note of the fact that the Bible said he was put to death in the flesh and made alive in the spirit.
Well it simply shows you doesn't believe portions of the Bible that said Jesus was resurrected as a spirit.

When the Bible said God was manifest in the flesh, does it mean God has to personally walk the earth? No, Jesus said anybody that has seen him has also seen the father!
He represented his father.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by eplanning: 8:12am On Apr 30, 2016
goodnews201668:

If he was resurrected in flesh will he still be a spirit? Take note of the fact that the Bible said he was put to death in the flesh and made alive in the spirit.
Well it simply shows you doesn't believe portions of the Bible that said Jesus was resurrected as a spirit.

When the Bible said God was manifest in the flesh, does it mean God has to personally walk the earth? No, Jesus said anybody that has seen him has also seen the father!
He represented his father.

You cannot pick one portion of scripture and make a doctrine of it without examining it side by side with others and in line with truth.

Read my last post again and examine those scriptures.

Do you know the meaning of the word: glory or glorified ?
Everything that was human or subject to corruption is revived - glorified.
Jesus was glorified and we shall be glorified with him at the trumpet sound. That is the eternal hope of the christian- The hope of glory. Besides this, your faith is useless.

Psa 16:10
10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell;
neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Act 2:31
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

YOU ARE SPEAKING LIES.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by analice107: 8:12am On Apr 30, 2016
eplanning:

The one you describe my dear is The Angel of His presence- The Holy Ghost (Isaiah 63:9-10). He appears in several places in both Old and New testaments. Also called The Angel of the Lord in few other places.

The word "Angel" means "Messenger". He is the messenger of God's presence. The Holy Spirit takes the presence of God the Father and Jesus to wherever that presence is needed.

Jn 15:26
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even[/b] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:[/b]

The Father never leaves His throne to go from place to place; He moves by His Spirit which proceeds from Him.

I can take you through several portions of scripture where He is manifested. This revelation will clear a lot of so-called "grey areas" in scripture and revolutionize your fellowship with the Holy Spirit.

Ignorance of this truth has caused many Christians to attribute deity to several things including the so-called "dove symbol". But the Holy Spirit is not a dove, neither does He look like one. THE HOLY SPIRIT LOOKS LIKE JESUS.

By the way, in Psalm 110:1 the psalmist is not referring to a past event but rather prophetically telling of the of Christ's authority resulting from His victory over death, hell and glorious ascension into heaven. As for His enemies becoming His footstool: Christ will sit in that place of authority until every one member of His body (the Church) has Satan and his cohorts under their feet.

My dear you are wrong. There were others who bore the name Jesus then and there are still several today. Christ refers to "the anointed one and His anointing".

The name He earned having obediently completed the work of redemption is not in the spelling of the name JESUS, but in the authority behind the name.

[I]
Phi 2:8-11
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.[/i]

The above scripture speaks of a name being given after He completed the work, not before.

Pls JW keep your Watchtower blindfolds on but don't come here to tell me what you yourself don't know.
The Angel of his presence is Jesus only in JW dear.
Hebrews 1:5-8 For to which of the angels did [God] ever say, You are My Son, today I have begotten you?

And again, I will be to Him a Father, and He will be to Me a Son?

Moreover, when He brings the firstborn Son again into the habitable world, He says, Let all the angels of God worship Him.

Referring to the angels He says, [God] Who makes His angels winds and His ministering servants flames of fire;

But as to the Son, He says to Him, Your throne, O God, is forever and ever (to the ages of the ages), and the scepter of Your kingdom is a scepter of absolute righteousness (of justice and straightforwardness).

Pls tell me how many times any Angel has accepted worship from men? Does the Angel of his presence Accepts worship?

We see in Rev. 22:9 the same Angel of his presence saying to Apostle John " See that you do it not, for I am a fellow servant, and of thy Brethren the prophets and of them which keep the saying of this book: Worship God.

The" Man" (Joshua did not call him Angel) accepted worship just like Jesus Christ of Nazareth received worship from everyone who worshipped Him. Exactly with Abraham. The Bible said the LORD appeared to Abraham in the plains of Mamre, Abraham was by his tent, when he saw the three 'Men' he ran and bowed himself to the ground.

Man, any where you see man worshipping a supernatural being, it's definitely not an Angel.

Hebrews 1:6,8 Moreover, when He brings the firstborn Son again into the habitable world, He says, (Let all the angels of God worship Him) . (But as to the Son, He says to Him, Your throne, O God), is forever and ever (to the ages of the ages), and the scepter of Your kingdom is a scepter of absolute righteousness (of justice and straightforwardness).

Hebrews 1:13-14 (Besides, to which of the angels has He ever said, Sit at My right hand [associated with Me in My royal dignity] till I make your enemies a stool for your feet? Are not the angels all ministering spirits (servants) sent out in the service [of God for the assistance] of those who are to inherit salvation?

Have you seen Palms 110 being reiterated here?
I didn't say that 110 was referring to a past event. It was indeed a prophecy about Jesus Christ who was to be manifested in flesh later.
OGA at what point did other people started bearing the name JESUS? was it before or after Christ? Have you forgotten that that name was given to Joseph by an Angel, just like John's?
As a matter of Fact the Angel gave the meaning of the name Jesus to reflect why He was on earth.
People started bearing Jesus after Jesus had come and gone. Although, Joshua also means the same thing as Jesus but Jesus' name was a mission statement.

JW, I don't have time for Scriptures twisters. Pls stay off my mention.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by eplanning: 8:37am On Apr 30, 2016
tongue
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by eplanning: 8:40am On Apr 30, 2016
cool
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by eplanning: 8:41am On Apr 30, 2016
analice107:

Pls JW keep your Watchtower blindfolds on but don't come here to tell me what you yourself don't know.
Hebrews 1:5-8 For to which of the angels did [God] ever say, You are My Son, today I have begotten you?

Moreover, when He brings the firstborn Son again into the habitable world, He says, Let all the angels of God worship Him.

Referring to the angels He says, [God] Who makes His angels winds and His ministering servants flames of fire;

But as to the Son, He says to Him, Your throne, O God, is forever and ever (to the ages of the ages), and the scepter of Your kingdom is a scepter of absolute righteousness (of justice and straightforwardness).

Pls tell me how many times any Angel has accepted worship from men? Does the Angel of his presence Accepts worship?

We see in Rev. 22:9 the same Angel of his presence saying to Apostle John " See that you do it not, for I am a fellow servant, and of thy Brethren the prophets and of them which keep the saying of this book: Worship God.

The" Man" (Joshua did not call him Angel) accepted worship just like Jesus Christ of Nazareth received worship from everyone who worshipped Him. Exactly with Abraham. The Bible said the LORD appeared to Abraham in the plains of Mamre, Abraham was by his tent, when he saw the three 'Men' he ran and bowed himself to the ground.

Man, any where you see man worshipping a supernatural being, it's definitely not an Angel.

Hebrews 1:6,8 Moreover, when He brings the firstborn Son again into the habitable world, He says, (Let all the angels of God worship Him) . (But as to the Son, He says to Him, Your throne, O God), is forever and ever (to the ages of the ages), and the scepter of Your kingdom is a scepter of absolute righteousness (of justice and straightforwardness).

Hebrews 1:13-14 (Besides, to which of the angels has He ever said, Sit at My right hand [associated with Me in My royal dignity] till I make your enemies a stool for your feet? Are not the angels all ministering spirits (servants) sent out in the service [of God for the assistance] of those who are to inherit salvation?

I didn't say that 110 was referring to a past event. It was indeed a prophecy about Jesus Christ who was to be manifested in flesh later.
OGA at what point did other people started bearing the name JESUS? was it before or after Christ? Have you forgotten that that name was given to Joseph by an Angel, just like John's?
As a matter of Fact the Angel gave the meaning of the name Jesus to reflect why He was on earth.
People started bearing Jesus after Jesus had come and gone. Although, Joshua also means the same thing as Jesus but Jesus' name was a mission statement.

Do not quote irrelevant scriptures for me because I can teach you what you do not know from them.
That is how you do until you get entangled in your own confusion.

NOT EVERY ANGEL IS THE ANGEL OF HIS PRESENCE.

Angels never accept worship but the Angel of His presence (The Holy Spirit) does.

Now humbly ask and you shall be taught many things which you do not know.

analice107:

Although, Joshua also means the same thing as Jesus but Jesus' name was a mission statement.

And you still think you've made a point? SMH
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by goodnews201668: 8:55am On Apr 30, 2016
analice107:

What's wrong with you?
Is everybody that doesn't share your belief a JW? Does it mean one can't question your beliefs? If so what are you doing on a public forum? Na wa for you ooo
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by analice107: 8:58am On Apr 30, 2016
goodnews201668:

What's wrong with you?
Is everybody that doesn't share your belief a JW? Does it mean one can't question your beliefs? If so what are you doing on a public forum? Na wa for you ooo
Only JW worships Angels.
I gave him scriptures which he twisted to mean what he believes them to mean, that's Watchtower's insignia.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by analice107: 9:04am On Apr 30, 2016
eplanning:

Do not quote irrelevant scriptures for me because I can teach you what you do not know from them.

Angels never accept worship but the Angel of His presence (The Holy Spirit) does.

Listen, am a student of the scriptures and I will learn till I die, but not from someone who has a mindset already. JW can't teach me the Bible. No sir. You give yourself so much credit.
Hmm. You call the scriptures I quoted to you irrelevant, yet you want to teach me. Lol.
OK Apostle Paul, go ahead and teach what I don't know.

Ha. This is new. The Holy Spirit is an Angel? I never head this. Seriously?
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by analice107: 9:05am On Apr 30, 2016
eplanning:

Alot of sense, maybe not to you since you can't bring yourself to see clearly.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by eplanning: 9:10am On Apr 30, 2016
analice107:

Listen, am a student of the scriptures and I will learn till I die, but not from someone who has a mindset already. JW can't teach me the Bible. No sir. You give yourself so much credit.
Hmm. You call the scriptures I quoted to you irrelevant, yet you want to teach me. Lol.
OK Apostle Paul, go ahead and teach what I don't know.

Ha. This is new. The Holy Spirit is an Angel? I never head this. Seriously?

The Holy Spirit is not AN Angel but THE Angel of His presence.

By the way, i am not JW. They are false teachers.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by analice107: 9:18am On Apr 30, 2016
eplanning:

The Holy Spirit is not AN Angel but THE Angel of His presence.

By the way, i am not JW. They are false teachers.
You see, we are dealing with scriptures. Bring up a scripture referring to the Holy Spirit as The Angel of His presence.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by eplanning: 9:28am On Apr 30, 2016
analice107:

You see, we are dealing with scriptures. Bring up a scripture referring to the Holy Spirit as The Angel of His presence.

Isa 63:9-10
9 In all their affliction he was afflicted,
and the angel of his presence saved them:
in his love and in his pity he redeemed them;
and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.
10 But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit:
therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
(KJV)

1 Like

Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by goodnews201668: 9:39am On Apr 30, 2016
analice107:

Only JW worships Angels.
I gave him scriptures which he twisted to mean what he believes them to mean, that's Watchtower's insignia.

Sorry you can't say whatever you feel like against JWs, stop lying against them.
Well that has always been your escape route labeling everybody that doesn't share your views as jw instead of defending it.

JWs don't believe that angels are to be worshipped, sorry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. / 28 Bible Verses About Love For One Another / The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.