Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? (13762 Views)

Genesis 11 : 4 To 7: How Realistic Is This Part Of The Bible? / If Jehovah Is Omnipresent, Where Was It When Eve Was Talking To The Snake? / Genesis 1:26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by dolphinheart(m): 7:55am On Apr 27, 2016
analice107:

Which of my quote couldn't you find?
first, I did not say I could not find your quote, I said I could not find your quote in moSt of the translations I checked.

below is your quote of 1 john 5:7, the bolded part is what was not added to most translations

"So there are three witnesses in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are One;

After research, I also gave you the reason it can't be found in those translations, it's not part of what apostle John wrote down. There we need to discuss it's authenticity firSt.

I was the one who asked you about God's image. You want to turn it around.
sorry analice, you did not ask me about God's image, if I'm wrong, pls prove me wrong.

I posted 1st John, you left it and went to Proverbs, and job?
I did not leave it, I pointed to you the fact that John 1:1 was not pointing to the time when God said "let us", the event of John 1:1 points to a time long before "let us". I posted job and proverbs, to let you know those who where in existence when God said " let us", and who God was specifically talking to at that moment. you talked about angels, and I showed you that angels where in existence before the creation of the world.

1 Like

Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by ifenes(m): 8:55am On Apr 27, 2016
analice107:

And I asked you to show with proves your concrete achievements as an atheist. Not blabbings. Stuff like, "as an intelligent atheist that I am, I have invented this and I have fix this problem in my society, I have met that need and have touched and changed that life". I need specifics. No idiotic jibes.
Am making you feeling important innit?

It will be arrogant of me to point out how I have helped others. Your questions are childish
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by analice107: 9:51am On Apr 27, 2016
dolphinheart:

first, I did not say I could not find your quote, I said I could not find your quote in moSt of the translations I checked.

below is your quote of 1 john 5:7, the bolded part is what was not added to most translations

"So there are three witnesses in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are One;

After research, I also gave you the reason it can't be found in those translations, it's not part of what apostle John wrote down. There we need to discuss it's authenticity firSt.

sorry analice, you did not ask me about God's image, if I'm wrong, pls prove me wrong.

I did not leave it, I pointed to you the fact that John 1:1 was not pointing to the time when God said "let us", the event of John 1:1 points to a time long before "let us". I posted job and proverbs, to let you know those who where in existence when God said " let us", and who God was specifically talking to at that moment. you talked about angels, and I showed you that angels where in existence before the creation of the world.
Listen Dolphinheart, it's a total waste of time having a discussion with you when you have your Watchtower Blinders on. You see what watchtower has programmed you to see. Why waste my time on you. When we die, we shall find out. If there's no hellfire, I will have nothing to lose, but if there is, which am certain there's, then sorry for you.
Jesus kept talking about hellfire, but you turn around and call it something else. Pls go on.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by analice107: 10:27am On Apr 27, 2016
ifenes:

It will be arrogant of me to point out how I have helped others. Your questions are childish
Humbly do it. No show of arrogant.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by ifenes(m): 11:07am On Apr 27, 2016
analice107:

Humbly do it. No show of arrogant.

I'm not a fan of show off. It's not necessary. Enlightened people don't do that. You need to learn.

1 Like

Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by Emusan(m): 11:34am On Apr 27, 2016
JMAN05:

If you dont mind the discussion is not between me and you. Can you possibly ignore any reply I make here. I will love it if you do.

I appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

As usual I know you have nothing to say after your lies statement has been exposed.

Again, you said "That place speaks of wisdom, but this is wisdom personified. And the context shows that the bible is [size=14pt]allegorically talking about Jesus who is endowed with the wisdom of God."[/size]

And later said this "Inanimate things are often given animate attributes, even though they are not. The wisdom at Prov 8 is one example"

And finally asked after quoting some Bible scholars who gave their explanations on Prov 8 "That is just some. Don't you see reasons to accept that Jesus was the one the Father was talking to?"

Summary of your confusion.
1. Prov 8 is ALLEGORICALLY talking about Jesus Christ who is ENDOWED with the wisdom of God

2. Prov 8 is talking about INANIMATE THING that was just given an ANIMATED ATTRIBUTES.

3. Prov 8 is a prove that The Father is talking to Jesus Christ.

Confuse fellow!

1 Like

Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by rahman3853(m): 11:39am On Apr 27, 2016
until d end we can neva undastand god yet he is so close 2 us, explaining himself so simple dat d wise finds it unbelivable, jesus said, d word was reveald 2 d babes. man is triune(thre in one) b4 sin in eden, man his holy, immortal, aving constant cominion with god. if man is a spirit wch has a soul n live in a body, so y do u tink his god cnt b. god is three personalities, the fada, d son, n d holy spirit. man was imortal, sinles, n triune dats y he is god's image. while god was refering 2 his three personalities has we. even in d quran in suratu al nisan, god referd 2 himsf as 'we'...we he said we created human out of sperm...refer 2 ur english quran if u doubt me.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by dolphinheart(m): 12:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
analice107:

Listen Dolphinheart, it's a total waste of time having a discussion with you when you have your Watchtower Blinders on. You see what watchtower has programmed you to see. Why waste my time on you. When we die, we shall find out. If there's no hellfire, I will have nothing to lose, but if there is, which am certain there's, then sorry for you.
Jesus kept talking about hellfire, but you turn around and call it something else. Pls go on.

Haba!, what does hell fire have to do with who God was talking to when he said " let us"
is it the Watchtower that removed the quotes you quoted from most translations?
you made a statement about " gods image", I told you that you never asked me that question, a good christian will either prove me wrong or acknowledge the mistake, you have done non of that!

its better you discuss your views than to hide it under your views of the Watchtower. you did not even try to prove me wrong, how then can I believe you if when your views are put to question, all you say is "when we die, we shall find out".

maybe your views about discussion is that everyone in it must believe in the same thing for a discussion to start, or that after the discussion, everyone must agree to the same thing.

You have a right not to discuss with me, but your reasons are based on personal views and not on the scriptures. maybe you can't explain the issue of the omitted quote I brought up.

1 Like

Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by funsho5566(m): 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
God the Father was talking to God the Son. Bible confirmed that Jesus the Son of God has been a seed in the bosom of the Father from the beginning which was in eternity past and in Heb 1: 5 God said He begot (gave birth to) His Son Jesus and God also call His Son God.

Reading through Proverbs 8:24-30 (NIV)
24 When there were no oceans, I was given birth, when there were no springs abounding with water; 25 before the mountains were settled in place, before the hills, I was given birth. 26 before he made the world or its fields or any of the dust of the earth. 27 I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep, 28 when he established the clouds above and fixed securely the fountains of the deep, 29 when he gave the sea its boundary so the waters would not overstep his command, and when he marked out the foundations of the earth. 30 Then I was constantly at his (Father’s) side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence.

It is very clear that God was talking to His only begotten Son and nobody else. Holy Spirit is the spiritual presence of God because God is Holy and He is a Spirit therefore the discussio was between Father and Son.

1 Like

Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by analice107: 3:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
dolphinheart:

Haba!, what does hell fire have to do with who God was talking to when he said " let us"
is it the Watchtower that removed the quotes you quoted from most translations?
you made a statement about " gods image", I told you that you never asked me that question, a good christian will either prove me wrong or acknowledge the mistake, you have done non of that!

its better you discuss your views than to hide it under your views of the Watchtower. you did not even try to prove me wrong, how then can I believe you if when your views are put to question, all you say is "when we die, we shall find out".

maybe your views about discussion is that everyone in it must believe in the same thing for a discussion to start, or that after the discussion, everyone must agree to the same thing.

You have a right not to discuss with me, but your reasons are based on personal views and not on the scriptures. maybe you can't explain the issue of the omitted quote I brought up.
Hello, have it your way. Not everyone is born into arguments. Am done.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by analice107: 3:28pm On Apr 27, 2016
ifenes:

I'm not a fan of show off. It's not necessary. Enlightened people don't do that. You need to learn.
Ifeness, I didn't say blow your trumpet. Is Mark Zuchabech older than you? Is he blowing his trumpet for the world to k of who he is and what he has achieved?
Just present your handiwork as an intelligent atheist who is not as dumb as believers. Ah, what's so hard in that?
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by ifenes(m): 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
analice107:

Ifeness, I didn't say blow your trumpet. Is Mark Zuchabech older than you? Is he blowing his trumpet for the world to k of who he is and what he has achieved?
Just present your handiwork as an intelligent atheist who is not as dumb as believers. Ah, what's so hard in that?

I am a God. That is my greatest realization. I have everything I need.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by analice107: 4:54pm On Apr 27, 2016
ifenes:

I am a God. That is my greatest realization. I have everything I need.
What is a god?
You are right by saying you are "a god" in this, you have not lied, for I am a god too. But how has your godness changed the society which religion has 's destroyed. Zuchabech gave us Facebook. I can't see your pathetic face, but am interacting with you.
So, on this note, I ask you "As an atheist and a god at the same time" what have you given to us stupid dumb religious folk?
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by ADVERTBOARD: 6:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
funsho5566:
God the Father was talking to God the Son. Bible confirmed that Jesus the Son of God has been a seed in the bosom of the Father from the beginning which was in eternity past and in Heb 1: 5 God said He begot (gave birth to) His Son Jesus and God also call His Son God.

Reading through Proverbs 8:24-30 (NIV)
24 When there were no oceans, I was given birth, when there were no springs abounding with water; 25 before the mountains were settled in place, before the hills, I was given birth. 26 before he made the world or its fields or any of the dust of the earth. 27 I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep, 28 when he established the clouds above and fixed securely the fountains of the deep, 29 when he gave the sea its boundary so the waters would not overstep his command, and when he marked out the foundations of the earth. 30 Then I was constantly at his (Father’s) side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence.

It is very clear that God was talking to His only begotten Son and nobody else. Holy Spirit is the spiritual presence of God because God is Holy and He is a Spirit therefore the discussio was between Father and Son.
God bless you! The bible passage you provided is more than enough to convince me that Jesus was present during creation. Now,my question has been adequately answered.

2 Likes

Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
analice107:

What is a god?
You are right by saying you are "a god" in this, you have not lied, for I am a god too. But how has your godness changed the society which religion has 's destroyed. Zuchabech gave us Facebook. I can't see your pathetic face, but am interacting with you.
So, on this note, I ask you "As an atheist and a god at the same time" what have you given to us stupid dumb religious folk?

Hahahahahaha Analice oooo! Easy sis e don run ooo chai! This is hilarious!

I'm atheist, I'm atheist yet nothing to show for it. Some don't even know the plain reason for that which they claim to be! Smh I just dey laugh! grin grin

P:S-. If you're not Analice don't quote me....
You have been warned! sad
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by analice107: 8:29pm On Apr 27, 2016
dazzle101:

Hahahahahaha Analice oooo! Easy sis e don run ooo chai! This is hilarious!

I'm atheist, I'm atheist yet nothing to show for it. Some don't even know the plain reason for that which they claim to be! Smh I just dey laugh! grin grin

P:S-. If you're not Analice don't quote me....
You have been warned! sad
Hahahahahahahaha. My sis, laf don kill my here.
Ifeness was the very first fool I encountered when I newly joined NL, I was shocked how a human being can talk the way he did. Gradually I got to understand he is confused. Today he is an atheist, tomorrow he believes in Zeus, the next, he believes in African deities. He kept switching from one state to the other. . Then I gave up on him.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by ipreach: 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2016
he was talking to the Trinity
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
analice107:

Ifeness was the very first fool I encountered when I newly joined NL, I was shocked how a human being can talk the way he did. Gradually I got to understand he is confused. Today he is an atheist, tomorrow he believes in Zeus, the next, he believes in African deities. He kept switching from one state to the other. . Then I gave up on him.

Looool u even try sef trying to convince these people! Its a lost cause, it's even easier when you are trying to win over someone who knows what he is about than not! Smh

Anyways that's what atheism does to people, leaves them utterly confused, insecure and unsure, they start to ask unseemingly questions looking for who to pour their frustrations on! As if one is responsible for their annoyance at a deity they claim exists not but spares no second to make derogatory comments about in flagrant disregard without as little as caution for what the consequences would be if truly such a God did exist! Oh well their choice.

We can only say so much but it's left to everyone and anyone to decide today whom they will follow to the end of age... if it's God, devil or nothingness, good luck all!!!
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by analice107: 9:45pm On Apr 27, 2016
dazzle101:

Looool u even try sef trying to convince these people! Its a lost cause, it's even easier when you are trying to win over someone who knows what he is about than not! Smh

Anyways that's what atheism does to people, leaves them utterly confused, insecure and unsure, they start to ask unseemingly questions looking for who to pour their frustrations on! As if one is responsible for their annoyance at a deity they claim exists not but spares no second to make derogatory comments about in flagrant disregard without as little as caution for what the consequences would be if truly such a God did exist! Oh well their choice.

We can only say so much but it's left to everyone and anyone to decide today whom they will follow to the end of age... if it's God, devil or nothingness, good luck all!!!
There's no nothingness dearest.
Think of this. So these say there's no God? But they never cease to attack Yahweh, Christians and Jews. Have you for once heard them pouring out their frustrations on Satan even for once? Surprisingly, they advocate for Satan, calling Yahweh wicked towards Satan, yet they don't believe in neither of them.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
analice107:

There's no nothingness dearest.
Think of this. So these say there's no God? But they never cease to attack Yahweh, Christians and Jews. Have you for once heard them pouring out their frustrations on Satan even for once? Surprisingly, they advocate for Satan, calling Yahweh wicked towards Satan, yet they don't believe in neither of them.

That's it ooo no nothingness, my point exactly but the atheist claim to be neither here nor there...
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by analice107: 10:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
dazzle101:

That's it ooo no nothingness, my point exactly but the atheist claim to be neither here nor there...
Dont pay them any attention. They know they are Satanists. Just hear them maligning God just to make Satan look justifiable in his rebellion.

1 Like

Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by goodnews201668: 12:15am On Apr 28, 2016
analice107:

Always saying this things all the time yet you can't do without mentioning the watchtower blinders!
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by ifenes(m): 2:04am On Apr 28, 2016
analice107:

Point out any thread I said I believed in Zeus or African deity. If you cannot,stop claiming I believe in some silly gods,cos I don't.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by analice107: 8:27am On Apr 28, 2016
ifenes:

Point out any thread I said I believed in Zeus or African deity. If you cannot,stop claiming I believe in some silly gods,cos I don't.
Don't worry, I will remind you. It won't be long.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by analice107: 8:35am On Apr 28, 2016
goodnews201668:

Always saying this things all the time yet you can't do without mentioning the watchtower blinders!
Take off the blinders, then we can talk
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by onyfrank: 8:57am On Apr 28, 2016
johnw74:

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I believe God was talking to the Word who became the Lord Jesus Christ.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Pro 8:22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
Pro 8:23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
Pro 8:24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
Pro 8:25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
Pro 8:26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
Pro 8:27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
Pro 8:28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
Pro 8:29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
Pro 8:30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

where was the word then, in God or as a separate being?

1 Like

Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by ifenes(m): 9:13am On Apr 28, 2016
analice107:

Don't worry, I will remind you. It won't be long.

Stop accusing me of such low mindset like believing in gods if you cannot prove it. Simply browse through my threads and bring it out,or apologise.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by goodnews201668: 9:21am On Apr 28, 2016
Blinders? If you mean watchtower, nobody has quoted watchtower for you here all the posts by JWs are from Bible! And from orher translations not even their Bible! If you think their belief on a particular subject is wrong, prove it!
You are fond of defending yourself all the time by mentioning watchtower and even calling JWs names. We are here to discuss and reason it's not compulsory that you most change everybody's beliefs here, but when things don't go your way you always pick offence. Sometimes you even judge people and destroy them or label them atheist or demons because they don't share the same beliefs with you.

analice107:

Take off the blinders, then we can talk
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by analice107: 9:32am On Apr 28, 2016
ifenes:

Stop accusing me of such low mindset like believing in gods if you cannot prove it. Simply browse through my threads and bring it out,or apologise.
HahahahahahahahaHHHa. LWKM.

Those who believe in God have low mindsets right? Maybe you forgot that the reason for which we are here, you and I having this discussion is for you to present to the public what you, as a higher being, Intellectually superior being to us, has given to the society to better our lives.
You said you are a god, fine. god Ifeness, what have you created or formed, manufactured, invented with your superior intellects?
Am still waiting to see it.
Go ahead bring your works to bare.
Negodu...
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by ifenes(m): 9:41am On Apr 28, 2016
analice107:

Those who believe in God have low mindsets right? Maybe you forgot that the reason for which we are here, you and I having this discussion is for you to present to the public what you, as a higher being, Intellectually superior being to us, has given to the society to better our lives.
You said you are a god, fine. god Ifeness, what have you created or formed, manufactured, invented with your superior intellects?
Negodu...

It will be arrogant of me to say I am intellectually/ psychologically/ genetically superior to you. I cannot say that,although by their beliefs/ mindsets, you shall know them.

I have created a good world with no limitations for myself. Have you? And yes if you believe in a God who is omniscience, Omnipotent, etc. That sounds like me. I am what I think I am, therefore the God you choose to worship.
Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by Blackfire(m): 10:34am On Apr 28, 2016
analice107:

Negodu...

wicked girl.

*takes cover*

1 Like

Re: In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? by tunnypop(m): 10:36am On Apr 28, 2016
onyfrank:

where was the word then, in God or as a separate being?

In God I believe. Check john 1;1, 10
1. In the beginning was the word and the. word was with God, and the word was God.

10. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Just like you can not separate the words coming out of you from you. Jesus is the word of God that was spoken and referred to. If you understand the trinity, then my point should be clear here.

John 10:30 says
"I and my father are one"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Family Tithing In The Diaspora / The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) / This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.