Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Nigerian Youths! Let's Come Together And Form Our Own Political Party - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths! Let's Come Together And Form Our Own Political Party (1676 Views)

Thread For Ondo Youths. Ondo Youths Let's Meet Here. / Start Picking Your Own Political Post In My Presidential Reign Now / Yoruba Youths Let Us Reason On To Develop The Region's Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Youths! Let's Come Together And Form Our Own Political Party by omoharry(f): 1:13pm On Mar 04, 2016
How can we form a political party when we cannot even agree among ourselves...the youth have thesame traite our leaders have..greedy, unpatriotic, self centred, selfish, tribalistic ,Egoistic,enthnocentric and lack objective as long as the issue on ground involve his ethnicity and religion.
We all lack vision and sence of purpose ...evry man to himself.The few that are Patriotic, focus and objective have been overwhelmed with the level of bigotry that have over shadowed our sense of reasoning.Whenever, I see the various tribal comments from Nigerian youth give me the impression that we have completely lost it...i dont see us changing way of reasoning any time soon. ..maybe our children will be wiser and teach us how to reason well and be patriotic to our dear country...that is if it will still be in existence.
Re: Nigerian Youths! Let's Come Together And Form Our Own Political Party by bolanto24(m): 1:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
I'm interested. Add me on the WhatsApp group 08067142464
Re: Nigerian Youths! Let's Come Together And Form Our Own Political Party by sseunth(m): 3:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
omoharry:
How can we form a political party when we cannot even agree among ourselves...the youth have thesame traite our leaders have..greedy, unpatriotic, self centred, selfish, tribalistic ,Egoistic,enthnocentric and lack objective as long as the issue on ground involve his ethnicity and religion.
We all lack vision and sence of purpose ...evry man to himself.The few that are Patriotic, focus and objective have been overwhelmed with the level of bigotry that have over shadowed our sense of reasoning.Whenever, I see the various tribal comments from Nigerian youth give me the impression that we have completely lost it...i dont see us changing way of reasoning any time soon. ..maybe our children will be wiser and teach us how to reason well and be patriotic to our dear country...that is if it will still be in existence.
that is why we need people like you so that you can talk sense to the youth around you, re-orientate them and give them a good reason why we need a change
Re: Nigerian Youths! Let's Come Together And Form Our Own Political Party by sseunth(m): 5:25pm On Mar 04, 2016
Re: Nigerian Youths! Let's Come Together And Form Our Own Political Party by sseunth(m): 5:39pm On Mar 04, 2016
Please share this post so that more people can see it
Re: Nigerian Youths! Let's Come Together And Form Our Own Political Party by efficiencie(m): 10:08am On May 29, 2016
We are talking problems, insults, symptoms and blames. ARE WE NOT TIRED OF THIS CULTURE!? We need solutions. My recommendations may be unpopular or frowned at, but nevertheless I'll put them forward:

i. We need a CULTURAL REVOLUTION!

We need to change the way we think, speak and act. IPOB thinks they are sufferring in isolation and the Niger Delta thinks they are sufferring in isolation so they think it is them against Nigeria but they fail to realize the poverty, unemployment, crime, socio-economic inequality and exclusion do not have ethnic faces but are problems faced by us all. If we all took up arms, if we all started violent protests to fight for our selfish interests Nigeria would be a replica of Somalia today.
We need to change our orientation, we need to recognize we are in the same class (igbo, yoruba, hausa), we need to recognize our common problems, we need to recognize our common foes (the elite), we need to recognize the burden of the future and we need to recognize we must be the solution we seek.
Sensitization programs should be pursued via social media to promote selflessness, sincerity, solidarity, class consciousness, nationalism, anti-elitist interests, anti-political interests, communalism and godliness.
We need to stop focusing on the government irrespective of who is there in power and focus on what the youths can and must do to propel growth and development in every region of the country.

2. We need AN AVENUE FOR THE EXPRESSION OF REVOLUTIONARY IDEAS

Information as people say is power! But unfortunately we, youths, patronize rumours, gossips, propaganda and a media that has become the instrument of manipulation of the masses. We as youths need to bury ourselves in independent research; we need to create a forum for the dissemination of empirically verifiable and logically coherent information; we need a forum for the sharing of revolutionary ideas that would positively boost the economy, society and nation; we need to destroy sentiment once and for all and talk facts and reason and we need to make information accessible to all (the educated, less educated, rich and poor among us, youths).

I suggest to do this we need to create an online journal where formal research on new ideas, methods, principles and advances can be archived, reviewed and availed as the basis of decision making. In addition we need a media for a less formal discussion of our ideas and thoughts and i suggest a dedicated thread on nairaland for a CONSULTATIVE FORUM FOR REVOLUTIONARY YOUTHS (CONFRY).

3. We need to MAP OUT A STRATEGY

We need to clearly articulate what we want to achieve, the resources at our disposal, the limitations of our operational environment (legal, political and insititutional) and the opportunities that abound in our operational environment.
This strategy will birth a plan with time markers, instruments, operational targets and targets. We didnt go to school for nothing. We need to take the census of educated youths (we can do this via this forum). Afterwards we can classify them into well defined groups and assign tasks to them that would facilitate the creation of a strategy for national growth and development by the youths nationwide!

4. We need a SERIOUS, REVOLUTIONARY, PASSIONATE AND INGENIOUS COUNCIL OF LEADERS

Nigeria is a mess partly because one man leads a nation with over 250 ethnic groups. We need to be governed by a council. We need a council of youths representing the major ethnic groups in Nigeria. These youths must be selfless, revolutionary, outstanding thinkers, nationalistic and committed to the emancipation of this country from the shackles of its social, economic, institutional and political problems.

Ordinarily, this should be the initiative of the NANS but it appears the students are asleep as well.

The youths must wake up! Necessity they say is the mother of innovation...now that we face a crisis, we must prove to the world that we are not retrogressive, selfish and intellectually lazy youths. Youths started the revolution in Iran, a youth triggered the arab spring, Che Guvara was a revolutionary youth...We must strive to be enlisted in this hall of fame.

Our fathers have eaten sour grapes but our teeth need not be set on edge, because we can decide to brush our teeth if our fathers have failed to.

Now our slumber must cease...youths arise!
Re: Nigerian Youths! Let's Come Together And Form Our Own Political Party by ikennyblaze: 9:55pm On Feb 11, 2018
My whatsapp number 08161153979

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What I Saw This Morning On My Way To Work / Fashola Speaks At Chatham House London Today / We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.