Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,583 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX (75515 Views)

Is Nigeria In The Brink Of Another Civil War? - Al Jazeera / If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? / Diezani Alison-Madueke Reacts To Al Jazeera Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by Lifestone(m): 12:17pm On Mar 06, 2016
SimonPeters2020:
The truth is that a lot of people will never see beyond their nose due to ethnicity and bigotry. Buhari has failed Nigerians and will continue to do so with impunity.
is this your position from the post or a personal prejudice?
Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 12:21pm On Mar 06, 2016
magicminister:

it doesn't matter my guy.
Most politicians train their children from birth in other developed countries. GEJ actually has trained all his in Nigeria.

Thanks for your brilliant response cos some would have transferred their kid abroad to continue their studies immediately after adoption.

Governor Ohakim daughter did it(Dr Ada David)

GEJ is a true democrat & he really wanted to serve this great country but the forces around him wouldn't let him. They kept sabotaging his efforts. Most of them are now at the APC camp.

I only had issues with his party cos they didn't do much while in power hence my campaign for a new government.

4 Likes

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by cliper230(m): 12:23pm On Mar 06, 2016
seunt4ut:
As a supporter of this present administration To be honest. Buhari failed in this one.cant wait for Buhari to Face Amanpour and BBC Hardtalk.
u no just like dis buhari at all
Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by tobiasbeecher: 12:26pm On Mar 06, 2016
This man is a fool, a dullard! How did we elect this bast*** as our president? Very vindictive and arrogant; worst of all he is senseless and seems to be clueless about everything.

3 Likes

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 06, 2016
magicminister:
God bless our president.
He will be the best president ever. wink
Jonathan messed up this country and this is why buhari is having a hard time.
Its just a matter of time before we start enjoying the true dividends of democracy.
...when I see statements like this especially the part you wrote Buhari will be the best president ever, it goes a great deal to assert something indeed is fundamentally wrong that never can be fixed to make Nigeria great again -especially if a great deal of young persons like you have this mentality

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by seunt4ut(m): 12:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
cliper230:
u no just like dis buhari at all
What make you said that ?
Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by tonte(m): 12:37pm On Mar 06, 2016
Like how much longer? So we can work within a time frame

magicminister:
God bless our president.
Its just a matter of time before we start enjoying the true dividends of democracy.

3 Likes

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by Kingspin(m): 12:49pm On Mar 06, 2016
magicminister:
God bless our president.
My friend Nigeria started in 1960 and your Buhari was a president before Jonathan. Are you telling us by 2019, you blame Jonathan. Nigeria should shine their very 2 eyes.

7 Likes

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by ovo4u(m): 12:52pm On Mar 06, 2016
With this comment to the reporter that she know more about our budget as he does. he just shot his self on the leg.....hahahhaaha funny politician, it always the poor masses that will always suffer.

5 Likes

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 06, 2016
Please can anyone tell me the minute the question was asked? I don't wanna stream the whole video. Thanks.
Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by saintkel(m): 1:05pm On Mar 06, 2016
diegwu01:
u mean the adopted at 21 daughter
Y are u dis dull and hard faced especially when u see d truth, d guy said GEJ kids schooled in Nigeria, u said they are young, d guy said d ist daughter graduated from a Nigerian uni, u still wana find fault by calling her adopted? What's d difference btw a child and an adopted child? APC has brain washed our youths

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by saintkel(m): 1:10pm On Mar 06, 2016
blackpanda:

Did he stop u from travelling Or is there any law preventing the child of a president from living abroad? Pls stop this trash!

Any of buhari's kids that want to go abroad will still face the same fx policy of his govt. There are no sacred cows. Period!
Hypocrite

3 Likes

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by wizywise2013: 1:10pm On Mar 06, 2016
I watch the interview and was shock on buhari responds as regard killing of innocent Nigerians he sworn to protect but was quick to justify Nigeria's participation on the Islamic coalition...

3 Likes

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by banmee(m): 1:15pm On Mar 06, 2016
okosodo:
Buhari the hypocrite. He is surely going to destroy nigeria because there are millions of people who are actually deceived by his cunning and subtle approach to things, they will support him to the detriment of this country

What you fail to realise is what you are accusing buhari of is what every leader in Nigeria has done since independence; which is deceive Nigerians. Which is also why the country is in the predicament it is at the moment. Buhari won't be there if Nigerians didn't want him there.

1 Like

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by Obiwannn: 1:18pm On Mar 06, 2016
AlanSugar:
Mr president did appropriately well in the interview except for a couple of flaws. The first I noticed was his acceptance of the "tough luck" situation for those who can afford to send their wards to schools abroad as suggested by the interviewer. This will appear as hope lost among his followers like me but some too, will understand cus it's the truth! People have hopes for this country tru buhari but will hate to feel that they are dashed hopes. The other flaw was saying that by exposing corrupt Nigerians (politicians) and detaining them via corruption agencies was conviction enough! Baba! He should've informed the world through alJazeera that his job as a corruption crusader is to expose corrupt persons and that the judiciary is bestowed with the responsibility of conviction and sentencing and where this has failed, would only help buttress his earlier regret that the judiciary was (is) his biggest headache. #istillstandwithbuhari!
You forgot the part where he said the journalist knows more about his budget than he does, and you also forgot the part where he failed to justify all the funds unaccounted for in his budget.. Plus his insensitive respond to the IPOB question, and his insensitive response to the Islamic coalition...
You can twist the facts as much as you like, if it will make you sleep better at night.

3 Likes

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by luke10: 1:18pm On Mar 06, 2016
blackpanda:

Did he stop u from travelling Or is there any law preventing the child of a president from living abroad? Pls stop this trash!

Any of buhari's kids that want to go abroad will still face the same fx policy of his govt. There are no sacred cows. Period!
Zombies indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by jaz(m): 1:40pm On Mar 06, 2016
Honestly I'm speechless and sad. Is this really what we deserve as a president. Is this the best this country has to offer ? Are we so evil that we don't have good men and women to manage our affairs ? Is reverend osinbajo no longer representing God and humanity being a learned person and man of God ? And still people praise Buhari like he is our saviour. Can we leave the sentiments and listen objectively to comments of our president about us? A president who confirms that We are disadvantaged because we don't run in his circle, who confirms no interest in listening to yearns of its people whether justified or not. I don't support Biafra but the least he could do to avert an escalation is listen and discuss Nigerians should think long and hard about this inteview and decide what they truly want

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by otiigba1(m): 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2016
seunt4ut:
As a supporter of this present administration To be honest. Buhari failed in this one.cant wait for Buhari to Face Amanpour and BBC Hardtalk.
miss Amanpour will tear him apart disgracefully, she will bring out the reall terror in buhari and to make matter worst she is a woman muslim men do not like women in an influencial position.

2 Likes

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by NavierStokes(m): 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2016
jamesibor:

After reading your first paragraph, I didn't bother to read on. Did you say Nigeria is now spending less on the Executive because eof reduced ministries?

You may want to check again. That was the question raised a few weeks ago. You reduce ministries but yet overhead and recurrent expenditure for MDAs go up. What kind of abracadabra is that?

Please educate him on what is perceived to be number of ministries, there were 29, then 26 ministries during Jonathan's tenure, with a cabinet of 42 ministers, Buhari has only reduced that number to 24, I wonder if Buhari is being economical with the truth or truly thinks that Nigeri had 42 ministries under Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by sammyenahoro(m): 1:49pm On Mar 06, 2016
alexory23:
I dont know why i alway feel Buhari will come through for Nigeria one day, may be cos of my earnest prayer for the right leader before the election,Nigeria may suffer a bit for the work,but we ill surely bounce back stronger than ever, when all things are set and in place........Raise Nigeria!
when? this man has done nothing in 1yr... keep praying u hear.
Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by worksmart(m): 1:52pm On Mar 06, 2016
Wailers are wailing! grin

Buhari children commenced their courses before the oil price crash.

Nigeria's tertiary education are not fit for purpose.

Buhari said the government cannot afford to give foreign exchange to study abroad , but those who could afford the rates of exchange for the parallel markets should go ahead and pay.

Interviewer : So for those who cannot afford, its tough luck.

Buhari: We do not have the foreign exchange.

First of all I consider it to be unprofessional and out of order, for the interviewer to bring up the president's children personal / private situation in an interview in order to make her point. Would she like anybody to disclose which country her own children are schooling in a television interview?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by malcomvee: 2:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
989900:
1. The interviewer wrongly stated Venezuela and Nigeria has having little oil reserves in comparison to Saudi; well, Nigeria maybe, but we'r still #10 with largest reserves, and Venezuela has more oil reserves than Saudi Arabia. The interviewer was wrong, and the president didn't correct her. I think the lady should have argued along 'production per day'.

2. Buhari got nailed at the school fees thing, he got that wrong: you cannot put importation of toothpicks, rice, and other nonsense in the same bracket as education (foundation, future, progress) -- we do not need further education on why, do we? And his countenance betrayed him there (when the lady asked him about funding for his kids overseas) -- he got it wrrronggggg!

3. He handled the rest pretty well (thereabout).
she meant foreign reserves.. Not oil reserves and all i see is a man trying his best not to slap the interviewer, he was even sweating.. That says a lot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by Pavarottii(m): 2:05pm On Mar 06, 2016
shamecurls:
Nigeria now has a President

I wish the constitution can be ammended so he can serve beyond 2023.

Rigid and firm. His comportion, composure and countenance re next to none.

God bless PMB

God bless Nigeria
Get the chains! We avfound another one on the loose.

3 Likes

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by BushidoBlue(m): 2:05pm On Mar 06, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
...when I see statements like this especially the part you wrote Buhari will be the best president ever, it goes a great deal to assert something indeed is fundamentally wrong that never can be fixed to make Nigeria great again -especially if a great deal of young persons like you have this mentality

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by Forzap: 2:06pm On Mar 06, 2016
Abeg who fit summarize d video embarassed
Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by BushidoBlue(m): 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2016
jaz:
Honestly I'm speechless and sad. Is this really what we deserve as a president. Is this the best this country has to offer ? Are we so evil that we don't have good men and women to manage our affairs ? Is reverend osinbajo no longer representing God and humanity being a learned person and man of God ? And still people praise Buhari like he is our saviour. Can we leave the sentiments and listen objectively to comments of our president about us? A president who confirms that We are disadvantaged because we don't run in his circle, who confirms no interest in listening to yearns of its people whether justified or not. I don't support Biafra but the least he could do to avert an escalation is listen and discuss Nigerians should think long and hard about this inteview and decide what they truly want

4 Likes

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by worksmart(m): 2:10pm On Mar 06, 2016
She deserved to be slapped ; she was very mischievous and unprofessional grin
malcomvee:
she meant foreign reserves.. Not oil reserves and all i see is a man trying his best not to slap the interviewer, he was even sweating.. That says a lot

1 Like

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by Pavarottii(m): 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2016
koladata:
if you don't see that this man is the right president for this country, then get an eye glass.
He is an ugly skinny old liar. Was the oil price 140 per barrel for 16years or just for a few months. Was any territory under bokoharam wen he bacme president?

If u don't know. Google is ur friend. Cos it's either u r Ignorant or a Bloody foolish liar like him.

5 Likes

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by Pavarottii(m): 2:17pm On Mar 06, 2016
worksmart:
Wailers are wailing! grin

Buhari children commenced their courses before the oil price crash.

Nigeria's tertiary education are not fit for purpose.

Buhari said the government cannot afford to give foreign exchange to study abroad , but those who could afford the rates of exchange for the parallel markets should go ahead and pay.

Interviewer : So for those who cannot afford, its tough luck.

Buhari: We do not have the foreign exchange.

First of all I consider it to be unprofessional and out of order, for the interviewer to bring up the president's children personal / private situation in an interview in order to make her point. Would she like anybody to disclose which country her own children are schooling in a television interview?
Na wa oooo. People like u is why we av an illetrate as our leader. Well enjoy ur leader and don't complain. smiley

6 Likes

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by otiigba1(m): 2:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
malcomvee:
Absolutely! And because buhari is used to nigerian journalist licking his boots by not asking intrusive direct and robust questions perharps because they are so afraid of their safety.

3 Likes

Re: Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX by worksmart(m): 2:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
For those who do not have the data to what entire clip, the point of the interview about school fees is between 8:59 and 9:51

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Solomon Dalung: Aisha Buhari Now Wears Dress Meant For 3 People / How Can Desmond Elliot Save Himself From Being Blamed? / Buhari Vs Atiku: Results From Sokoto 9 LGAs Emerge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.