Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,048 members, 7,814,594 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? (24133 Views)

How Many Hours Of Electricity Do You Use In Your Area Per Day? / FG To Provide 15m Jobs, 10 Gigawatt Of Electricity - Udo Udoma / Nigeria Lost 3000mw Of Electricity In The Last Six Months – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by Sirmuel1(m): 2:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
If I catch any NEPA/IBEDC/PHCN official, whatever they call themselves!
I wonder what they do at work! Stupid/shameless people
6days now, no light. grin
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by olatade(m): 2:44pm On Mar 09, 2016
There is no DISCO in Kaduna?

It is about 30 hours now,
one cannot dance to his liking,
everywhere is darkness and heat.

There is no music from the DISCO master.
The DJ is nowhere to be found,
I learnt he lost his voice.

Just paid N10,000 for a 300 wavelength of music
While last month we waltzed through 480.

Where is the DISCO master?
Last night the DJ killed my life!

This night?

Hmmmmmmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by midasbliss(f): 2:45pm On Mar 09, 2016
a week +
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by calis2: 2:46pm On Mar 09, 2016
Kondomatic:
We are about to celebrate One week of uninterrupted blackout
we have already celebrated 1 month darkness at Onitsha Anambra State from Enugu Electricity Distribution Company ( EEDC).that one is dec2015 to 19Jan 2016.in the month of February,if you calculate from 1st to 29th February 2016 this not up to 9days.Then this March from 1st till now as I'm sending this, no supply.. call somebody from Onitsha beside court via Enugu rd. to confirm.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by kennymotors(m): 2:52pm On Mar 09, 2016
sainty2k3:
I suspect that they are trying to get back at us for rejecting tariff hike. Fg should probe the privatization of this sector now before they form cabal bigger than the ones in the oil sector
the cabal is even bigger and worst than that of petroleum.
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
Here in ogbeson, Benin City, Edo state, the light is epileptic, 3 hours light, 9 hours no light.
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by bluecircle470: 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2016
Pls kindly note that thrs system collapse at Oshogbo transmission thermal. Light is being restored gradually.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by dt4omoh(f): 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
I heard they are on strike,hw true is this?
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by amikeem(m): 3:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
They used to give us light every midnight in our area at Offa but since we had little down pour of rain 2 days ago, I haven't set my eyes on light... maybe they are busy drying their wire ni! Lolz

3 Likes

Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by holadfikky(m): 3:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
@ my side it was very bad ooo
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 3:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
Ojestas:
Somewhere in IB; where i am, i have not set my eyes on the IBEDC whatever for the past 7 days now.

What's the situation like, in your area? Lets see if this issue is general.

You guys should look for another source of powering your houses, as militants vowed to disrupt every functioning pipeline
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by Achorise: 3:45pm On Mar 09, 2016
Apc scam.Bring back, GEJ

1 Like

Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by godwin120alex: 3:47pm On Mar 09, 2016
The situation in our family house where i stay at times has been terrible . We did not even see the light blink as it does sometimes for like a second. The area is Ago palace Isolo. The noise of generators is really nothing to talk about. Let God judge this bunch of hypocrites. They think that the have deceived us but time shall tell. How many of them respond to their twitter after coming into power rather they are busy displaying their newly aquired AUTOMOBILES.
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by KingsleyCEO: 3:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
if Change is when it goes from better to worst, then the light situation has changed!
Ask Lie Mohammed.
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by Sylvester70(m): 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
Kondomatic:
lol
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by Wryhder: 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
It's a situation of no electricity here in Ugbowo(Benin City). Made worse by the fact that exams are going on now, and we can't use rechargeables.

Literally burning the midnight candle.
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by olllachi(f): 4:08pm On Mar 09, 2016
we havent had light for more than a month. they brought it yesterday but it lasted for less than 30 minutes........igbogo road uniport crywe havent had light for more than a month. they brought it yesterday but it lasted for less than 30 minutes........igbogo road uniport
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by 2sign: 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
TERRIBLE in my area in festac, no light for more 6 days now and d painful thing is that my neighbour at d back always has light

1 Like

Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by Sylvester70(m): 4:21pm On Mar 09, 2016
this happend in aba next to my street. eddc have been using us to play nairabet so they decided not to pay their electric bills.so when the eddc people came to cut their wire na so we come dey hear "holam holdem" everywhere oboy come see lagos marathon, we come think say na thief dem dey pursue.na later we hear na eddc people dem use cutlass pursue.na god go purnish them

2 Likes

Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by 2sign: 4:28pm On Mar 09, 2016
fart:
The NEPA situation is disgraceful in Festac Town. Many times I have though about moving to Ghana permanently. I cant continue to accept living as an animal ffs. Once I get to Ghana, I will revoke my Nigerian citizenship. I have suffered enough I beg angry
we they hear am for festac and d painful thing is. Around 24 road, 721, 23 road, 712 some people are steadyly enjoying d light, they always sleep and wake up with d light.
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by watchindelta(m): 4:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
here in Warri sedco in fact since almost 7months na, NEPA wan kill us 1hr light 23hrs darkness for their own head. this country called Nigeria is the must wicked in the world, 4000naira every mouth on light we no dey see plus 8000naira fuel every month on gen.
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by IZUKING(m): 4:44pm On Mar 09, 2016
Igbo adage says wen a woman marry 2 husband she Now knw d best
Nglish adage says d Devil u kNw x beta dan d Ngel u dnt knw [color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by Fadekebisola(f): 4:44pm On Mar 09, 2016
valdovas:
Since the beginning of 2016 we have only had light for 6 days. Can you beat that?
I am in Afikpo south in Ebonyi state.
Very useless state.
is not about the state bro! rather the distribution company covering there

can u tell us ur state lets know whether it has 24/7 power supply

is always easy to criticize other people

i have no business with south east generally though

1 Like

Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:45pm On Mar 09, 2016
joseph1832:
Its appalling here, we've not had light since Sunday, and throughout February, there was hardly even light, it is usual 5 mins on 23 hours 55 mins off...

I'm patiently waiting for the Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company staff that will come to my house and say they want to disconnect light.
And ure stil a Zombie dat supports Apc?
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by blank(f): 4:46pm On Mar 09, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:
IKEDC staff went on strike and their common sense did not tell them to leave the light on before going on strike.
#CursedPeople
Threw out all the food in my freezer this morning. My neighbour couldn't help but say "Eeeyaaah, pele". I couldn't even hold back the tears.

It's NLC that is picketing their office and they are the ones that shut down the power supply.
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by Pardon9ija: 4:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
Though my area do have constant light but it has been reduced to 23hrs per day. Aghodo street off sapele road Benin city
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
Terrible
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by kingdenny(m): 5:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
Kondomatic:
Same for my end , 5 days uninterrupted black out and still counting, Naija is doomed
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by joseph1832(m): 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
And ure stil a Zombie dat supports Apc?
Like you are a reetard who still supports PDP/Jonathan right? tongue
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by Yyeske(m): 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
I think Onitsha metro has been cut off from the national grid, Odume layout Obosi by Limca Road, for the past three or four days now, no light. Na generator tinz now. Same thing all over town.
Re: What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? by nas4q(m): 5:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
deleted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Samuel Bulus Adamu Jailed 31 Years Imprisonment For N97m Fraud (Photo) / UK ‘Was Urged To Investigate’ Ekweremadu Before Organ Trafficking Plot / CCB: Buratai Declared $1.5m Mansions In Wife’s Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.