Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,454 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

International Women's Day Or Feminists' Day? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / International Women's Day Or Feminists' Day? (626 Views)

LESBIANS: Are These Beautiful Girls Lesbians Or Feminists? [PICTURE] / What Are The 5 Things You Cannot Go A Day Or Live Without? / February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Women's Day Or Feminists' Day? by soludo93(m): 11:00pm On Mar 08, 2016
'Planet 50:50 in 2030' is a strong international approved energy in a wrong direction. The vision isn't necessarily to empower women to compete in a civilized world but to make them equal to men in every aspect of human endeavours. There are many aspects of moral, cultural and religious concerns to this vision.

Women should be protected, educated and empowered with similar career privileges as men. The gender barriers in our sociopolitical system should be destroyed, or at least diminished to give everyone equal playing ground to realise their dreams. There's no gender barrier in our society at the moment; women are already occupying top political positions; presidents, vice chancellors, captains of industries, diplomats etc.

What is the society looking for in this zeal to make women equal to men by 2030? Are we competing with women, or to put it directly, should a wife that wants to be equal to her husband be seen as competing with him? Many centuries ago, it was a taboo for a woman to dress like a man. It was wrong for a woman to ask another woman's hand in marriage. No woman then would ever contemplate attaching to her body an artificial manhood just to dare nature and God who made her a woman. Under the weight of such perversion, men are in the surgery rooms, removing everything that made them men and taking the gender nature of women. Those are the perversive equality the society is subtly promoting.

Women need help; not to become equal to men but to become aware of their uniqueness and tap into the abundances of their endowments. Every woman is a blessing to a man. They are naturally created to help men meet God's purpose on earth. They are the foundations of early socialization. Therefore, sound women will give birth to sound society. That's what should be promoted to dissuade women from taking debasing career such as prostitution or 'baby mama.' Most women have mortgaged their bodies and we should direct our campaigns appropriately.

I celebrate women that submit to their husbands. Committed mothers who are raising champions, pursuing careers without usurping the position of headship from their husbands. I celebrate women who remain decent and modest in an untoward generation. Stay classy!

www.healvine.com/2016/03/international-womens-day-or-feminists.html?m=1
@mondeuche
www.healvine.com

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International Women's Day Or Feminists' Day? by Kaylexzy(m): 7:37am On Mar 09, 2016
Dis is classy!!!

Top notch writeup

Thumbs up bruh grin
Re: International Women's Day Or Feminists' Day? by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 09, 2016
Kaylexzy, did u read it undecided undecided
Happy Fem day to us.
Meanwhile, seun love, we need more smileys here oo
Re: International Women's Day Or Feminists' Day? by Kaylexzy(m): 7:48am On Mar 09, 2016
HateU2:
Kaylexzy, did u read it undecided undecided
Happy Fem day to us.
Meanwhile, seun love, we need more smileys here oo

HateU2, u know I'm allergic to reading...

U can help me out tongue
Re: International Women's Day Or Feminists' Day? by amicable09(f): 7:49am On Mar 09, 2016
Your last paragraph is to die for!
Well written! Kudos Soludo.
Re: International Women's Day Or Feminists' Day? by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 09, 2016
Kaylexzy:

Hate.U2, u know I'm allergic to reading...

U can help me out tongue
I knew it!!

Oya make I open ur brain and put am inside tongue
Re: International Women's Day Or Feminists' Day? by Kaylexzy(m): 7:54am On Mar 09, 2016
HateU2:
I knew it!!

Oya make I open ur brain and put am inside tongue

Come open am na tongue

And how did u know sef? undecided
Re: International Women's Day Or Feminists' Day? by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 09, 2016
Kaylexzy:

Come open am na tongue

And how did u know sef? undecided
Bring it sad

Holy Spirit told me dat u did not read it
Re: International Women's Day Or Feminists' Day? by Kaylexzy(m): 8:28am On Mar 09, 2016
HateU2:
Bring it sad

Holy Spirit told me dat u did not read it

Taaaaarh undecided

I actually read it tongue
Re: International Women's Day Or Feminists' Day? by Babacele: 3:05pm On Mar 09, 2016
nice peice though.... but the realities confronting humanity are putting lies to so many old notions about gender. For example we all know in most traditions men brag that ' we are the head of the family' , and that comes with providing food ,shelter, etc ,Right? But daily, men are loosing their jobs n many can no longer provide for their families with the Wives or women happily becoming the breadwinner. Right? n many men ain't rejecting this new gender role being thrust on their women but go about bragging about being the 'head ' of the family. ..........some stupid jobless men even take resources provided by their legit women to girlfriends thereby hurting their wives' trusts n love n consequently preparing the minds of single ladies that men are not worth making sacrifices for. Could such not have provoked the mistrusts n unnecessary sensitive natures of gender equality campaigns from certain women in the world?

Of course we know so many couples leaving fine because the husband is honest, humbly smart n intelligent enough to know that in life there are no guarantees n that change is constant.

In families where there are no male child ,or even where there are, ain't women playing supposedly male roles?

Let us raise kids ,especially male children, who while not loosing their sense of responsibilities and identities can intelligently support their mates n families spiritually, materially and emotionally.

Until we balance traditions with love, truth and diplomacy the world would continue to waste time on issues like gender balance.

Happy International Women's Day.

(1) (Reply)

Why We Kiss Wiyt Our Eyes Closed / Someone Did This And Blamed It All On Buhari. / Do You Have An Emergency Fvck Friend Too?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.