Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) (49444 Views)

Henry Ikem-Obih Tours Filling Stations In Abuja, Nigerians Mock Him (pics / Nigerians Mock Tinubu For Blasting Kachikwu Instead Of PMB Over Petrol Scarcity / Lol. Nigerians Mock Femi Adesina After He Says Buhari Will Appoint Ministers In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by blazetitov: 5:40pm On Mar 10, 2016
Naija9090:

Shut the effing up you hypocritical yorubas. Didn't you guys blame Jonathan, Iweala, Madueke, for everything? When it comes to your own, your make useful excuses. Shut up pathological hypocrites. Under Kemi and Fashola this country has become a fourth world country.

You need common sense. Why put ethnicity in everything? Does the current heat blow you cool breeze because you are Igbo? Go get a life. Your heroes mentioned above ruined this country and the effect is what we are seeing today. PMB is not a miracle worker. Get that into your thick skull!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by emerged01(m): 5:40pm On Mar 10, 2016
Viewing comments, I realised truly "common sense is not common". We all know many plants were shutdown as a result of pipe vandalism and the recent NNPC strike. We all should know how to be supportive to those we look up in their hard times.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by sinistermind(m): 5:40pm On Mar 10, 2016
masseratti:
u live in ilupeju?

Oh, so u mean the 5 seconds magic also happened in Ilupeju, cos it also happened here in ikorodu.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by repogirl(f): 5:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
grin kikiki grin

Shebi dem been think sey na beans!

#saichains angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by easypower: 5:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
Blackfire:
After viewing post with one eye .
*close the other one for prayer, put my two hands inside hot boiling water* amadioha + Zeus + sango i want u to fire inter- ballistic - thunder on the mouth of anyone, who voted for this change/chain/apc/buhari and he /she /they complain within the 3 years of this govt, in mamiwater and alusi okija name i pray... amen.

Got up going to bank to collect my 5 thousand naira promised me during campaign.
lols
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by blazetitov: 5:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
blackberlin:

You have just displayed how unknowledgeable you are of the power sector.

First of all, you cited IKEDC as the reason for what is happening in the power sector. But what is IKEDC, Eko Distribution Co etc? They're DisCos. Ikeja Electric is a distribution company that relies on the power generated by the GenCos (generation company), the GenCos like Kainji Power Plc are the ones in charge of power generation with oversight of the FG. Most of the GenCos are still struggling to find their feet...

While IKEDC is not very efficient in distribution of power, it cannot be blamed for the generation of power, which happens to be the topic of discussion here. By the way IKEDC is just one of the DisCos available in Nigeria.

Please seek accurate information before commenting next time.

Why rush to make comment? You people should read before commenting. My analysis has nothing to do with the situation of power in the country as a whole. Goodness me! Have you read the press release from IKEDC? Una matter tire person oo!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by godwin120alex: 5:42pm On Mar 10, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah@ d power sector. My question is what did we do to deserve all dis punishment ?Heartless pple in govt

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by kajoula(m): 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
godwin120alex:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah@ d power sector. My question is what did we do to deserve all dis punishment ?Heartless pple in govt

una vote for the change so manage am like that

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by sinistermind(m): 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
emerged01:
Viewing comments, I realised truly "common sense is not common". We all know many plants were shutdown as a result of pipe vandalism and the recent NNPC strike. We all should know how to be supportive to those we look up in their hard times.

Are u current at all? Or aren't you aware that NUPENG n PENGASSAN have suspended their strike?
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Iamlordgee(m): 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
No light
Increase in electricity tariff
Fuel Scarcity
Boko Haram
Collapsing Economy
Kuku Kill Us

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by repogirl(f): 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
Naija9090:

Shut the effing up you hypocritical yorubas. Didn't you guys blame Jonathan, Iweala, Madueke, for everything? When it comes to your own, your make useful excuses. Shut up pathological hypocrites. Under Kemi and Fashola this country has become a fourth world country.
zombies are selective when choosing who to blame.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by OpinionLeader: 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
BELOW WAS MR. BABATUNDE FASHOLA'S STATEMENT IN MARCH 2015

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Sunday evening boasted that he could provide uninterrupted power supply to Lagos residents between six and eight months.

Fashola spoke at the commissioning of 8.5 megawatts Lekki Independent Power Project (IPP), the fifth of such power projects in the last five years in the state.

The governor said the addition of the Lekki IPP was a testament to the fact that stable power does not require rocket science to achieve in the country.

While challenging power distribution companies in the state, Fashola said, “Let the Eko DISCOs sign a contract with me, giving part of their concessioning to the state government, in about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State,” Fashola said.

He added, “So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated. So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible”.

The project, courtesy of the state government, in partnership with Heritage Bank, is to serve Lagos State Water Corporations in Lekki Phase 1, Oniru, Victoria Island and Ikoyi, as well as over 25km of public lightening in the Lekki axis.

Commissioning the project, Fashola said he felt fulfilled with the conduct of youths that delivered the project, despite the difficulties in getting to the finishing point.

He said it also showed that the money to improve the Nigerian economy is here, “since we don’t need the World Bank to come and do this for us.”

Also, General Manager, Lagos State Electricity Board, Damilola Ogunbiyi, said the state had shown that reliable and sustainable power projects are possible through the youths.

Ogunbiyi said though it had been a successful story, the state was just scratching the surface in its “aggressive development plan” in the area of power.

Promoter of the project, Faruk Agoro noted that the new IPP was an innovative idea of world-class natural gas-fired power generating facility, sold to the government by youths and it was bought into, to support government institutions, especially in the area of water supply and security.

The Lekki IPP is 8.5 megawatts, with the capacity for 30 megawatts.

This brings the Lagos IPPS to a total of 47 megawatts of electricity in total, powering several public institutions around the state.

The generated megawatts is however still a far cry from the over 10, 000 megawatts power deficit in the state.

On his part, the State Commissioner in the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Taofeek Tijani, said the new addition was about continuity in public infrastructure programme of the state government

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/can-provide-stable-power-eight-months-fashola-boasts/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by nzeakor24(m): 5:44pm On Mar 10, 2016
Lets wait till 2019
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by blazetitov: 5:44pm On Mar 10, 2016
Luciferlove:

What are you saying...You think you are talking to novice here?...As far as we know govt regulates the power sector,private sector inclusive...Must you always find something to defend this Govt...Hypocrisy !!!

Your hatred for the current government is eating you up. My write up was on the attitude of IKEDC's staff to their appraisal result and the impact of their strike on the zone. Some don't just digest write ups before commenting. SMH.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by kajoula(m): 5:45pm On Mar 10, 2016
[size=18pt]THIS APC LED GOVERNMENT IS A COMPLETE JOKE.

LIGHT........NO
FUEL ..........NO
WATER..........NO
ECONOMY ...........BAD
WEATHER ............HOT

Haaaaaaaa, WETIN WE DO UNA ?
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by JuanDeDios: 5:46pm On Mar 10, 2016
blazetitov:

Please don't make me remember the 'no light no fuel suffering' i went through last year March - April. And don't bring politics and badluck into this. IKEDC covers my residential and i have been running on generator for days. The fact that fellow citizens have to suffer because some lazy olodos failed appraisal is unthinkable.
I heard they've resumed work. Is it true?
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by blazetitov: 5:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
sinistermind:

How can u blame IKEDC for the power situation. They are just a distribution company not a power generation company.

Cool down and read my comment all over again. Then find the press release of IKEDC on the picketing of their work stations by Unions, then maybe you would be able to reason along.

Cheers.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
blazetitov:

Why rush to make comment? You people should read before commenting. My analysis has nothing to do with the situation of power in the country as a whole. Goodness me! Have you read the press release from IKEDC? Una matter tire person oo!

Swallow your pride and accept your error. Was IKEDC the topic of discussion? Haba. . . You go sabi lie ooo!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by blazetitov: 5:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
JuanDeDios:

I heard they've resumed work. Is it true?

Am not sure. Until i get home.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by blazetitov: 5:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ejanla07:

So u kno dis. But light was much better under goodluck administration

Oga, my comment has nothing to do with GEJ but striking workers of IKEDC.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
Blackfire:
After viewing post with one eye .
*close the other one for prayer, put my two hands inside hot boiling water* amadioha + Zeus + sango i want u to fire inter- ballistic - thunder on the mouth of anyone, who voted for this change/chain/apc/buhari and he /she /they complain within the 3 years of this govt, in mamiwater and alusi okija name i pray... amen.

Got up going to bank to collect my 5 thousand naira promised me during campaign.
LOL!.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
BabaO2:
@op Where are the Nigerians? say Nigerians of ibo origin and wont be surprised, they are known for hurry hurry life. Fashola got there less than 6 months what can he do even in 2 years? Electricity involves lots of equipments that we don't have on the ground at present, he needs time to plan, he needs time for installation, he needs time to operate..., all their labour and attempt is to always bring the best down. Agents of satan take your dirty hands off Fashola.

I dont want to say you are stupid cause i dont like insulting people on this forum...But come to think of it he needs time to adjust but he did not need time to increase the tarrif...I dont think you pay power bills cause if you do you will know the pain of paying and not getting 20% of the service you pay for

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by blazetitov: 5:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
bugzbunny:

Once a zombie
Always a zombie

Don't be silly. I doubt you work in a corporate environment. If you do, when next your appraisal is not favorable, call your unions to shut down the company. Common sense is not common.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by emerged01(m): 5:52pm On Mar 10, 2016
sinistermind:

Are u current at all? Or aren't you aware that NUPENG n PENGASSAN have suspended their strike?

If I wasn't aware I will say current strike not "RECENT STRIKE "! #commonsense is not common,u just proved that!
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by blazetitov: 5:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
biggjoe:

The continued blackout has nothing to do with IKEDC.
It is nationwide.

Good to know. IKEDC will be happy to learn that from you too. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Gboliwe: 5:54pm On Mar 10, 2016
stevecantrell:
And they avoided the thread like a plague..
Leave the fools na. Its possible they haven't been able to charge their phones. For wailers and those who voted against this chain/change, we shall always find a way.

Most of those who got this woe upon the country are today football analysts, relationship experts or weather forecasters. Some are now so interested in US politics you would wonder why. Mcheeeeeew. God will punish every single one of them. When the terrorist is done with them, we would tell their story as they won't even be able to do.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by blazetitov: 5:55pm On Mar 10, 2016
kristisking:
What does he know? Im sure he is one of those that brought us to this level by voting disasters into power.

Feel free to start #bringbackGEJ protests!
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by sinistermind(m): 5:55pm On Mar 10, 2016
emerged01:

If I wasn't aware I will say current strike not "RECENT STRIKE "! #commonsense is not common,u just proved that!

And I also guess it was the said "strike" that caused the constant reduction of generation in power?
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Kenai: 5:56pm On Mar 10, 2016
BabaO2:
@op Where are the Nigerians? say Nigerians of ibo origin and wont be surprised, they are known for hurry hurry life.

So, Kemi Adetiba, Sataah Nubari, Orente Inzaghi, Olabiyi and Seyi Law are all of "Ibo Origin"?

, ****doesn't even surprise me anymore.
Why not equally blame this one on IPOB too?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by luvprince4real(m): 5:57pm On Mar 10, 2016
APC!!!!! CHAIN..
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by watchindelta(m): 5:57pm On Mar 10, 2016
as I dey so light no dey since yesterday even if it come no go pass 1hr or 2hr. wat of fuel uko em no dey where u go see am em no dey! fuel in warri today for fuel station is 170naira today. we all dey trouble hell! Nigeria in hellllllll. no country worst pass dis Nigeria! the citizens swallowed everything d government gv to dem! but na dem get mouth pass,! I no blame d citizens chai becuz d minitary gv d government soooo much power. so who wan die!
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Forwetinnah: 5:59pm On Mar 10, 2016
blazetitov:
One thing that is so common now among the youths is that they blame the government for everything. For pete's sake, IKEDC is a private firm!! Can GTB, PWC, or Total staffers go on strike because they performed poorly in their company's performance appraisal? We need to change our ways of reasoning.

No serious investor would want to buy any of our refineries if they know they would be frustrated by silly unions like the Ajaokuta steel company issue. The major problem the country has is the citizens. IKEDC is a profit making organization and not a government agency. If you as a staff do not meet expected KPIs, then you should expect the worst. No room for inefficiency and ineffectiveness.

I Don't even have an adjective to use on you!!
Fashola 's plan to implement his 45% tariff increase has faaaaaailed!! You think some of us don't know what this stupid charade is all about?? They have intentionally reduced power supply to bend the hands of the masses into giving in to their greed ..i repeat!! He has failed, NASS called it off and it shall remain so. With all the problems in the last administration, it wasn't this bad yet you lot castigated GEJ like there was no tomorrow now the APC is using tricks to get money from the masses with any given opportunity. You all have failed!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Katsina Governor Masari Visits Bandits In Their Hideout / Tinubu: Why I Delegated El-Rufai, Others To Answer Questions At Chatham House / Error In Tinubu’s APC Revalidation Slip (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.