Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) (49422 Views)

Henry Ikem-Obih Tours Filling Stations In Abuja, Nigerians Mock Him (pics / Nigerians Mock Tinubu For Blasting Kachikwu Instead Of PMB Over Petrol Scarcity / Lol. Nigerians Mock Femi Adesina After He Says Buhari Will Appoint Ministers In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 10, 2016
Favolly:

You actually believe that person you quoted is Fashola? cheesy cheesy

ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin

I know right Atleast must be someone close to him.. Maybe his SA on media or some PA... Don't ask me how I know, Fashola will get the message I passed across and that's the main thing... wink
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by stilljigga: 6:34pm On Mar 10, 2016
blazetitov:
One thing that is so common now among the youths is that they blame the government for everything. For pete's sake, IKEDC is a private firm!! Can GTB, PWC, or Total staffers go on strike because they performed poorly in their company's performance appraisal? We need to change our ways of reasoning.

No serious investor would want to buy any of our refineries if they know they would be frustrated by silly unions like the Ajaokuta steel company issue. The major problem the country has is the citizens. IKEDC is a profit making organization and not a government agency. If you as a staff do not meet expected KPIs, then you should expect the worst. No room for inefficiency and ineffectiveness.

u made a point. But d national power generation was less than 1600MW. All discos are affected. Ur Fashola's quote

I can provide stable power in eight months, Fashola boasts
By Temidayo Akinsuyi – Snr. Correspondent, Lagos
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Sunday evening boasted that he could provide uninterrupted power supply to Lagos residents between six and eight months.
Fashola spoke at the commissioning of 8.5 megawatts Lekki Independent Power Project (IPP), the fifth of such power projects in the last five years in the state.
The governor said the addition of the Lekki IPP was a testament to the fact that stable power does not require rocket science to achieve in the country.
While challenging power distribution companies in the state, Fashola said, “Let the Eko DISCOs sign a contract with me, giving part of their concessioning to the state government, in about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State,” Fashola said.
He added, “So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated. So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible”.
The project, courtesy of the state government, in partnership with Heritage Bank, is to serve Lagos State Water Corporations in Lekki Phase 1, Oniru, Victoria Island and Ikoyi, as well as over 25km of public lightening in the Lekki axis.
Commissioning the project, Fashola said he felt fulfilled with the conduct of youths that delivered the project, despite the difficulties in getting to the finishing point.
He said it also showed that the money to improve the Nigerian economy is here, “since we don’t need the World Bank to come and do this for us.”
Also, General Manager, Lagos State Electricity Board, Damilola Ogunbiyi, said the state had shown that reliable and sustainable power projects are possible through the youths.
Ogunbiyi said though it had been a successful story, the state was just scratching the surface in its “aggressive development plan” in the area of power.
Promoter of the project, Faruk Agoro noted that the new IPP was an innovative idea of world-class natural gas-fired power generating facility, sold to the government by youths and it was bought into, to support government institutions, especially in the area of water supply and security

independentnig.com/wp-content/cache/page_enhanced/dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/can-provide-stable-power-eight-months-fashola-boasts/_index.html_gzip

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by dckng16(m): 6:35pm On Mar 10, 2016
Naija be like grin
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 10, 2016
blazetitov:

I have no business with Sai baba. Tell IKEDC staff members to go back to work first. Then we can narrow down the source of our problems.
There is no strike in Enugu and The light is at an all time epileptic so who should we blame EEDC
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by blazetitov: 6:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
There is no strike in Enugu and The light is at an all time epileptic so who should we blame EEDC

My comment was on the Union issue/workers attitude to work with IKEDC. If there is no power in Enugu or any other part of the country, then we need to look holistically at where the problem is coming from.

Bye.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 10, 2016
blazetitov:

Your hatred for the current government is eating you up. My write up was on the attitude of IKEDC's staff to their appraisal result and the impact of their strike on the zone. Some don't just digest write ups before commenting. SMH.

Let me leave you to your ignorance...The post was on National Blackout,But in your bid to defend the govt as a die hard zombie you brought in IKEDC
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Nellybii: 6:44pm On Mar 10, 2016
Kenai:

They are clutching at straws now.
This is it, their last fight as they sink deeper into the quicksand that their propaganda machinery failed to save them from.

Don't be surprised if they blame The Terminator for Fashola's failure.

So Fashola has failed now according to your own assessment. Remember he was appointed in November 2015. Not even 5months yet. How ridiculous? You guys find it so impossible to get over GEJ's loss. How pathetic. Enemies of progress. Continue to wail.

#righttodiewailing#

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Amitex(m): 6:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
Nellybii:

So Faahola has failed now according to your own assessment. Remember he was appointed in November 2015. How ridiculous? You guys find it so impossible to get over GEJ's loss. How pathetic. Enemies of progress. Continue to wail.

#righttodiewailing#

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Clap for your Professor Fashola. He is the super minister of this failed government.

Let sombori shout CHANGE! And the people answered "CHAIN"

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by chimauk(m): 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2016
masseratti:
u live in ilupeju?
fellow,light for ilupeju is fu.cked.its NW d shadow of its former self
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by dckng16(m): 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2016
The numbers of Wailing wailers are increasing day by day... smiley
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Jckleiin(m): 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2016
blazetitov:
One thing that is so common now among the youths is that they blame the government for everything. For pete's sake, IKEDC is a private firm!! Can GTB, PWC, or Total staffers go on strike because they performed poorly in their company's performance appraisal? We need to change our ways of reasoning.

No serious investor would want to buy any of our refineries if they know they would be frustrated by silly unions like the Ajaokuta steel company issue. The major problem the country has is the citizens. IKEDC is a profit making organization and not a government agency. If you as a staff do not meet expected KPIs, then you should expect the worst. No room for inefficiency and ineffectiveness.

Are you for real?? wasnt it a private firm under GEJ wasnt it a private firm when we praised the body language of the new Sheriff in tow for increasing powerso what is different now? The present administration should stop this blame game and fix this Nation. it haff do biko!!!!!
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by gogodaye(m): 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2016
emerged01:
Viewing comments, I realised truly "common sense is not common". We all know many plants were shutdown as a result of pipe vandalism and the recent NNPC strike. We all should know how to be supportive to those we look up in their hard times.
Hmmmmm........I wish you'd the benevolence of making these self conceited assertions in March, 2015.....Whilst your mentor &his ilk were busy running down and painting their predecessor government bad in the eyes of Nigerians, whose patience and cooperation both you and themselves now rue for.......

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2016
When some Nigerians boast of being graduated from UNILAG,AMASON,ILE IFE,OPUMBA etc, it got me cracking because I always ask,are they celebrating strike riddled universities ni? Now all can attest that Fashola is only good in Lagos state. No matter how smart you are under darkness,you will never have a good sense of judgement.

The Nigerians outside the country are the only people who can bring light back to the country because they have tested light. Clowns in the country with dark mentality can't, no matter how many credits and degrees they got from UNILAG.

Quote me and swallow your tongue.

FUTURE OF NIGERIA BELONGS TO THOSE OUTSIDE IT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Frankdamaxx(m): 7:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
APC has blamed everybody blameable and gave all manner of excuses.

Oh wait, they haven't blamed me yet. Maybe it's my fault. sad

Like blames ever solved problems.

They should better get serious, even GEJ was never this clueless.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Kay25(m): 7:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
Na over sabi killed the guy when bubu d baba wey no sabi book give am 3 ministries y I'm no talk but he wan show say I'm b superman now he don fall yakata.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Jckleiin(m): 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2016
stilljigga:

u made a point. But d national power generation was less than 1600MW. All discos are affected. Ur Fashola's quote

I can provide stable power in eight months, Fashola boasts
By Temidayo Akinsuyi – Snr. Correspondent, Lagos
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Sunday evening boasted that he could provide uninterrupted power supply to Lagos residents between six and eight months.
Fashola spoke at the commissioning of 8.5 megawatts Lekki Independent Power Project (IPP), the fifth of such power projects in the last five years in the state.
The governor said the addition of the Lekki IPP was a testament to the fact that stable power does not require rocket science to achieve in the country.
While challenging power distribution companies in the state, Fashola said, “Let the Eko DISCOs sign a contract with me, giving part of their concessioning to the state government, in about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State,” Fashola said.
He added, “So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated. So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible”.
The project, courtesy of the state government, in partnership with Heritage Bank, is to serve Lagos State Water Corporations in Lekki Phase 1, Oniru, Victoria Island and Ikoyi, as well as over 25km of public lightening in the Lekki axis.
Commissioning the project, Fashola said he felt fulfilled with the conduct of youths that delivered the project, despite the difficulties in getting to the finishing point.
He said it also showed that the money to improve the Nigerian economy is here, “since we don’t need the World Bank to come and do this for us.”
Also, General Manager, Lagos State Electricity Board, Damilola Ogunbiyi, said the state had shown that reliable and sustainable power projects are possible through the youths.
Ogunbiyi said though it had been a successful story, the state was just scratching the surface in its “aggressive development plan” in the area of power.
Promoter of the project, Faruk Agoro noted that the new IPP was an innovative idea of world-class natural gas-fired power generating facility, sold to the government by youths and it was bought into, to support government institutions, especially in the area of water supply and security

independentnig.com/wp-content/cache/page_enhanced/dailyindependentnig.com/2015/03/can-provide-stable-power-eight-months-fashola-boasts/_index.html_gzip

After boasting it's almost 10months and instead there is a decrease in power, smh for this administration. Still waiting for them to blame GEJ for this!!!!
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
We are to matured to think that a problem that has been on for years will be solved in few months.... Fashola just came into power and you guys are just blaming him for everything.. It's not his fault... What do you expect when there is only one good egg inside hundreds of bad eggs... Let's just blame the Nigerian government generally cuz the only thing they are consistent in is disappointing nigerians #hope4dbest

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by maxzzo1(m): 7:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
APC-chain. ....noise makers!!!
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 10, 2016
Complete fraudulent noise makers.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by CuteSheriff: 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
NgwaManNaija4LF:
When some Nigerians boast of being graduated from UNILAG,AMASON,ILE IFE,OPUMBA etc, it got me cracking because I always ask,are they celebrating strike riddled universities ni? Now all can attest that Fashola is only good in Lagos state. No matter how smart you are under darkness,you will never have a good sense of judgement.

The Nigerians outside the country are the only people who can bring light back to the country because they have tested light. Clowns in the country with dark mentality can't, no matter how many credits and degrees they got from UNILAG.

Quote me and swallow your tongue.

FUTURE OF NIGERIA BELONGS TO THOSE OUTSIDE IT.
Bro.....You really nail it. 1million likes 4 u

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by kenrish2(m): 7:31pm On Mar 10, 2016
LesbianBoy:
GEJ - THE HERO OF OUR DEMOCRACY was better abeg undecided
100 times better
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by laprince(m): 7:33pm On Mar 10, 2016
blazetitov:

You had better known that its not 100% privatised.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by xendra: 7:44pm On Mar 10, 2016
CuteSheriff:
Bro.....You really nail it. 1million likes 4 u
damn! now you will have to swallow your tongue shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
biggjoe:
The continued blackout has nothing to do with IKEDC. It is nationwide.
It is not nationwide as some states aren't affected
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 10, 2016
piagetskinner:
Nigeria!... This country don tire me
Make i go collect visa to enter Togo
Yea. Dem even get lite pass naija
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by UjSizzle(f): 7:58pm On Mar 10, 2016
Do we need to occupy Nigeria again?
Every morning I put on my radio now and think, "kedu mgbe anyi ga agba oso biafra?" undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by masseratti: 8:06pm On Mar 10, 2016
sinistermind:

Oh, so u mean the 5 seconds magic also happened in Ilupeju, cos it also happened here in ikorodu.
ir happened oo
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by hallelluyah(m): 8:06pm On Mar 10, 2016
ceejay80s:
Mocking won't do anything......but protesting and strike, shutting down the economy for a week will make them sit properly
I CONCUR!!!
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by oluwasegun007(m): 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
epic comment, but totally the truth....
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Thelmerh(f): 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2016
bugzbunny:
But seriously..... I remember wen fashola said
dat any serious govt will rectify issues of power in just 6 months.... Wat is happening...
maybe we are just in d 6th day after he assumed office.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by uariko(m): 8:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
Let fashola resign 'overloaded portfolio', he thought Nigeria is jst lik Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2019: Saraki To Run For President, Ekweremadu As Running Mate! / Tochukwu Sullivan And Lynn Pre-Wedding Photos / Katsina Governor Masari Visits Bandits In Their Hideout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.