Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) (49455 Views)

Henry Ikem-Obih Tours Filling Stations In Abuja, Nigerians Mock Him (pics / Nigerians Mock Tinubu For Blasting Kachikwu Instead Of PMB Over Petrol Scarcity / Lol. Nigerians Mock Femi Adesina After He Says Buhari Will Appoint Ministers In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by vislabraye(m): 11:14pm On Mar 10, 2016
@arresa, the PDP you are cursing is also a part of Apc you are hailing.
The $20bn embezzled was under Objs government. But it's this same Obj that is the navigator of Apc. We were expecting Buhari to probe Obj but he chickened out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by eworm: 11:36pm On Mar 10, 2016
We are sitting at the fence watching. Abeg if u need website, contact us jare
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by mykel25(m): 11:38pm On Mar 10, 2016
blazetitov:
One thing that is so common now among the youths is that they blame the government for everything. For pete's sake, IKEDC is a private firm!! Can GTB, PWC, or Total staffers go on strike because they performed poorly in their company's performance appraisal? We need to change our ways of reasoning.

No serious investor would want to buy any of our refineries if they know they would be frustrated by silly unions like the Ajaokuta steel company issue. The major problem the country has is the citizens. IKEDC is a profit making organization and not a government agency. If you as a staff do not meet expected KPIs, then you should expect the worst. No room for inefficiency and ineffectiveness.

U started as if you have something meaningful to say buh nah! U were only using terms as if you're talking to gullible people.....IKEDC is a power distribution company, what ll they distribute if nothing is generated? Fault the GENCOS n FG that can't protect gas lines
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Nathokes(m): 11:40pm On Mar 10, 2016
[s][/s]One thing that is so common now among the youths is that they blame the government for everything. For pete's sake, IKEDC is a private firm!! Can GTB, PWC, or Total staffers go on strike because they performed poorly in their company's performance appraisal? We need to change our ways of reaso[s][/s]ning.

No serious investor would want to buy any of our refineries if they know they would be frustrated by silly unions like the Ajaokuta steel company issue. The major problem the country has is the citizens. IKEDC is a profit making organization and not a government agency. If you as a staff do not meet expected KPIs, then you should expect the worst. No room for inefficiency and ineffectiveness.

[/quote]

Trash.

Was it not the same challenge that GEJ faced?

Didn't APC and Buhari promise to arrest the situation?
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by bitingcool: 11:40pm On Mar 10, 2016
mejai:
b4 d APC warriors will settle and start defending nonsense, pls have it in mind DAT PDP wasn't d best option o.
But,
1: how did PDP manage to give us light (2 weeks uninterrupted under Barth nnaji) under Presidio GEJ. I believe it was APC DAT fought DAT man. cos dey like trouble.

2: why would APC under Oga buhari and his okon, fashola, on assumption of office increased d tariff of electricity without providing steady supply to justify it.

3: I have always told people DAT APC is an expensive govt and fashola proved it to be so. u r a minster in-charge of road, Oga, can't u declare state of emergency on our highways and get cracking instead of talking about toll-gates.

Provide first b4 tasking..... common sense.
D devil (PDP) u know is beta Dan d angel( saints APC) u don't know. APC dey Bleep up.

My brother, God bless you. I want to start a #BRING BACK BARTH NNAJI campaign. He is the only minister I know that gave us uninterrupted power supply while serving. I won't throw shades. I just want an effective person working not some elitist lawyer who has no care about the effect of his 'Tax them all rules' on the masses.

#BRING BACK BARTH NNAJI
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Lildoks(m): 11:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
blazetitov:
One thing that is so common now among the youths is that they blame the government for everything. For pete's sake, IKEDC is a private firm!! Can GTB, PWC, or Total staffers go on strike because they performed poorly in their company's performance appraisal? We need to change our ways of reasoning.

Please don't say what you don't know... I'm currently doing my Internship in IE and I can tell u for a fact there is no concrete basis for them to sack 400 workers. You are talking about KPI, something which the workers fill and grade themselves and it is not an effective way to measure the productivity of workers.. Every department is short staffed and the promises Sahara made when they bought it from the Government hasn't been met... No good welfare packages, no increment in salary for the past three years, Even the Christmas bonuses were cancelled... Still they work under fear cos of lack of job security.. Since they've privatised NEPA ikeja discos have sacked over 1k workers and you expect them to keep suffering and smiling like u are used to
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by NenweIstson: 11:46pm On Mar 10, 2016
Nigeria is a country where tribalism, nepotism and favouritism is the order of the day. Prof Barth Nnaji built the power station that supplies Aso Rock, CBN etc power 24hours in a day, what stop these people from making him the power minister
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by bitingcool: 11:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
NenweIstson:
Nigeria is a country where tribalism, nepotism and favouritism is the order of the day. Prof Barth Nnaji built the power station that supplies Aso Rock, CBN etc power 24hours in a day, what stop these people from making him the power minister

#BRING BACK BARTH NNAJI as #MINISTER of POWER
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by NenweIstson: 11:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
A country that relegates their best brains due to tribalism,nepotism and favouritism won't last long before it collapses
NenweIstson:

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by larrytorch(m): 12:06am On Mar 11, 2016
blazetitov:

Pls don't mind the yeye staff. They are like this because, they know their actions ll definitely affect a very large percentage of the people and with this, the Government ll av no choice than to intervene.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 11, 2016
caprini1:
Its more annoying,that after 5 days of total blackout,they flash the light for just 10 seconds....is it to spite us or torture us or what?

No fex mbok. angry
We been wan warm the transformer make ee no spoil grin > cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by arresa: 12:19am On Mar 11, 2016
vislabraye:
@arresa, the PDP you are cursing is also a part of Apc you are hailing.
The $20bn embezzled was under Objs government. But it's this same Obj that is the navigator of Apc. We were expecting Buhari to probe Obj but he chickened out.

The money was not budgeted and stolen under the APC government, Fashola or PMB. OBJ was pdp regardless of your bait and switch game and Jona remains pdp and for 5 years refused to do anything about the stolen funds.

Stop spewing rubbish please.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by millhouse: 12:46am On Mar 11, 2016
bugzbunny:
But seriously..... I remember wen fashola said
dat any serious govt will rectify issues of power in just 6 months.... Wat is happening...
the more things change the more things remain the same.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Rexnegro(m): 1:53am On Mar 11, 2016
caprini1:
Its more annoying,that after 5 days of total blackout,they flash the light for just 10 seconds....is it to spite us or torture us or what?
how I wish we Nigerians (especially the common men) can all corporate and disconnect from their poles officially and be running generators at nite alone until the situation is improved..and the most annoying part they ain't giving light And yet be bringing exorbitant charges...imagine our bill for last month they brought was 18k+
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by vislabraye(m): 2:13am On Mar 11, 2016
arresa:

The money was not budgeted and stolen under the APC government, Fashola or PMB. OBJ was pdp regardless of your bait and switch game and Jona remains pdp and for 5 years refused to do anything about the stolen funds.

Stop spewing rubbish please.

I wonder if Apc pays you that much for defending them . Whatever rocks your boat.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by vislabraye(m): 2:17am On Mar 11, 2016
Rexnegro:

how I wish we Nigerians (especially the common men) can all corporate and disconnect from their poles officially and be running generators at nite alone until the situation is improved..and the most annoying part they ain't giving light And yet be bringing exorbitant charges...imagine our bill for last month they brought was 18k+

Its painful. Everyone is suffering this together, whether Apc or Pdp supporters; whether Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa. But some sycophants fail to see this. They think that those who protest are Pdp. So I don't expect any co operation.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by yehmi01(m): 3:16am On Mar 11, 2016
mejai:

bros leave grammer....heat too much. just accept d fact d country is nose-diving. no single improvement since. corruption or not, dis administration no wan try at all. few weeks to 1yr. no minister is functioning. Na like dis we go dey?

You are right oh. its almost a year already.

Nigeria has not improved one bit.

to be frank both PDP and APC I honestly can't see and difference.

I hope 2019 we have some sensible people who are sound intellectually to make things better.

I hope Nigerian are wiser by then to not follow people who have money to throw around but empty upstairs.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Nobody: 5:09am On Mar 11, 2016
blazetitov:

What efficiency do the firms u just mentioned provide, as a private firm they ought to be better organized, but I guess they just behave like author andersen, they just rip off customers like gtb and pwc shame on u.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by isnovic(m): 6:34am On Mar 11, 2016
This is what you get when you send a Lawyer to do the job of an Engineer.

#BringBackBarthNnaji
#BringbackProfNebo.

They got it right....they can do it again.

Pound for Pound
If you compare GEJ's 6 months time frame in Govt. and PMB's 12 months....GEJ has a far better result.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by comos: 8:03am On Mar 11, 2016
yehmi01:

You are right oh. its almost a year already.

Nigeria has not improved one bit.

to be frank both PDP and APC I honestly can't see and difference.

I hope 2019 we have some sensible people who are sound intellectually to make things better.

I hope Nigerian are wiser by then to not follow people who have money to throw around but empty upstairs.

there is difference,

It was better during the era of PDP (GEJ Administration)
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by whizpa(m): 9:15am On Mar 11, 2016
arresa:
1. 16 years of PDP produced nothing after stealing and sharing $20 billion power fund.

2. They then turn around and sold whatever obsolete scrap left to t their cronies with zero experience and resources to invest for improved performance and capacity

3. Instead of going public to generate funds for capital investments, they keep begging the banks for loans, but banks are not willing to give them 1 kobo.

4. With no money to invest on capital projects and improved performance, it means continued pains and darkness.

5. Solution. Either the public pay higher tariff, secure loans from the banks or errase the while arrangement and let firms build r their own modular power plants and transmission lines and deliver power directly to r their local customers. This of course calls for a new round of investments, but it remains the most viable solution right now instead of the worthless national set up with too many disruptions and almost obsolete transmission lines that eats up a large portion of what's fed into it with little in return.

National power system not the way to go and has never been.

For the usual silly and tribal nonsense crowd, you are experiencing the consequences of PDPs 16 years of corruption, looting, stealing and incompetence and also $20 billion stolen power funds.

Bro, You are spot on..
PDP's 16years tenure disintegrated Nigeria's power generation.. but you failed to state how it has gotten worse in 5 months under the new administration.

In that 16years, we didn't enjoy the power supply but there were times when we had reasons to smile. In their stupidity, there was stability and a 'glimmer of hope'... Quote me if i'm wrong but you've never had it this bad. In 8 months of the new administration, we've had too many fuel problems. You are probably gonna say it's the PDP's fault and it probably is. but there were times/days in the last 16years when i had nothing to to complain about, cos i had no reason to complain. This new administration has got me talking and hoping day after day.

I'm not trying to tell a story but i'm trying to make sure you understand why i can/should be frustrated. And if you notice, I'm not a fanboy of any politician. I'm just one Nigerian who needs answers.

We knew the Economy and power were very unstable in Nigeria. But now it's just nose-diving.
You meet something at a terrible state, you say you will make it better but it gets even worse. Where is the logic in that?!

I didn't like Jonathan and I don't like Buhari(I hope he gets things in order, cos we have no choice but to support him. We are stuck with him for another 3 years). Let's all just admit one thing though; We are worse off than we were 12 months ago.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by mumu9gerian: 11:42am On Mar 11, 2016
blazetitov:

Was it Fashola that increased tariff? Can you just google MTYO 2?
The knowledge gap is just wide!!
I was waiting for who was going to mention this first. The fact is that Fashola or not, Apc or pDP the tarrifa would still have gone up
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by dazdilijae(m): 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2016
blazetitov:

If it's a private profit making firm why did Fashola a minister of FGN say d public shld swallow a bitter pill by paying more? Why give credence to nonsense? He called for it so please refrain from insulting pple with. Ur ignorance
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by chigoizie7(m): 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2016
blazetitov:

U see? We are always fast to say what we don't know.

IKEDC is a disco,

Now power dropping from initial 4000mw to 1580mw has nothing to with the discos.

FG is responsible for power generation and not the discos,

Now, if u haven't learnt anything today, please learn how to make ur facts straight b4 u spill dem.

Discos are for distribution and not "production" and in this case, it is d production that went down and not the distribution.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by datigbogirl: 2:07pm On Mar 11, 2016
onojaduru:
Time has come to show up.Not telling the masses they will do everything during campaign.Personally I am not happy with this administration

But I'm sure you'll still prefer it to GEJ's wont you? I told friends blasting me on Facebook dat Nigerians are like a woman dat prefers to put up with a physically and emotionally abusive Husband cos he looks "Presidential" dan a godfearing, caring,humble, thoughtful but timid man...dats d exact situation we are now...

It is well with our brain.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by blazetitov: 2:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
Lildoks:
Please don't say what you don't know... I'm currently doing my Internship in IE and I can tell u for a fact there is no concrete basis for them to sack 400 workers. You are talking about KPI, something which the workers fill and grade themselves and it is not an effective way to measure the productivity of workers.. Every department is short staffed and the promises Sahara made when they bought it from the Government hasn't been met... No good welfare packages, no increment in salary for the past three years, Even the Christmas bonuses were cancelled... Still they work under fear cos of lack of job security.. Since they've privatised NEPA ikeja discos have sacked over 1k workers and you expect them to keep suffering and smiling like u are used to

Assuming they actually sacked 400 people even thou they claimed they did not and instead employed 1,000, is the shutting down of their operations leading to blackout and loss of revenue the solution?

It is well with Nigeria!
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by blazetitov: 2:32pm On Mar 11, 2016
chigoizie7:

U see? We are always fast to say what we don't know.

IKEDC is a disco,

Now power dropping from initial 4000mw to 1580mw has nothing to with the discos.

FG is responsible for power generation and not the discos,

Now, if u haven't learnt anything today, please learn how to make ur facts straight b4 u spill dem.

Discos are for distribution and not "production" and in this case, it is d production that went down and not the distribution.

Even before PHCN was un-bundled, before all these successor companies took over, i know what many of you that have comprehension problems do not know. Why, because, all does companies sought for finance. I bet you dont' even know anything about NBET, na, disco, genco, tcn you dey lecture on. Go read NERC act for more.

I repeat, my write was based on why the zone covered by IKEDC is in total darkness which the company attributed to picketing of their office by unions. Only God knows how many times i will have to say this. Gush!! Please find out why their work stations were picketed maybe then you will understand where am coming from.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by chigoizie7(m): 2:37pm On Mar 11, 2016
blazetitov:

Even before PHCN was un-bundled, before all these successor companies took over, i know what many of you that have comprehension problems do not know. Why, because, all does companies sought for finance. I bet you dont' even know anything about NBET, na, disco, genco, tcn you dey lecture on. Go read NERC act for more.

I repeat, my write was based on why the zone covered by IKEDC is in total darkness which the company attributed to picketing of their office by unions. Only God knows how many times i will have to say this. Gush!! Please find out why their work stations were picketed maybe then you will understand where am coming from.

And u also refused to stick to the topic of the thread? Every sane person reading whatever it is u said and then trying to liken it to the topic of this very thread will know that u are completely talking off point
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by arresa: 2:58pm On Mar 11, 2016
vislabraye:

I wonder if Apc pays you that much for defending them . Whatever rocks your boat.

They don't have to pay you to state facts. Dispute it with your own facts if you have any instead of your unintelligent babbles.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by arresa: 3:09pm On Mar 11, 2016
whizpa:

Bro, You are spot on..
PDP's 16years tenure disintegrated Nigeria's power generation.. but you failed to state how it has gotten worse in 5 months under the new administration.

In that 16years, we didn't enjoy the power supply but there were times when we had reasons to smile. In their stupidity, there was stability and a 'glimmer of hope'... Quote me if i'm wrong but you've never had it this bad. In 8 months of the new administration, we've had too many fuel problems. You are probably gonna say it's the PDP's fault and it probably is. but there were times/days in the last 16years when i had nothing to to complain about, cos i had no reason to complain. This new administration has got me talking and hoping day after day.

I'm not trying to tell a story but i'm trying to make sure you understand why i can/should be frustrated. And if you notice, I'm not a fanboy of any politician. I'm just one Nigerian who needs answers.

We knew the Economy and power were very unstable in Nigeria. But now it's just nose-diving.
You meet something at a terrible state, you say you will make it better but it gets even worse. Where is the logic in that?!

I didn't like Jonathan and I don't like Buhari(I hope he gets things in order, cos we have no choice but to support him. We are stuck with him for another 3 years). Let's all just admit one thing though; We are worse off than we were 12 months ago.

It really doesn't matter when the got bad simply because it was destined to based on the same poor, unrealistic and unsustainable foundation we are saddled with.

It's even still going ro get worse because the cronies the power infrastructurs were sold to have zero capital to expand and improve operations and banks won't give them 1 kobo and also due to the fact that we still have the dame aging and almost obsolete national transmission grid.

The only solution is to dismantle the national transmission grid or keep it as a back up system and instead build in state transmission grid backed by new in state power plants run by new investors with capital to invest and the governmemt must guarantee their investments which means the public must be willing to pay for stable electricity.

Basically, the current arrangement and players remains a painful joke.
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by Lildoks(m): 4:36pm On Mar 11, 2016
Lol.. Please don't make those lies decieve you. The union gave them 7 days notice for them to recall those workers because they've been sacked unjustly with no concrete reasons and they were not even paid off. Whatever happened was the managements fault cos they were warned
blazetitov:

Assuming they actually sacked 400 people even thou they claimed they did not and instead employed 1,000, is the shutting down of their operations leading to blackout and loss of revenue the solution?

It is well with Nigeria!
Re: Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) by blazetitov: 5:48pm On Mar 11, 2016
chigoizie7:

And u also refused to stick to the topic of the thread? Every sane person reading whatever it is u said and then trying to liken it to the topic of this very thread will know that u are completely talking off point

Am talking off point because i refuse to join in the Fashola's blame game. Fashola the miracle worker of 6 months. IKEDC is not operating in the music industry but power sector and one of the reason stated for the blackout in their zone is labour issues which i talked about. I don't know how to explain again.

Good bye, my friend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The North Is Not Ready For The Truth - Sheikh Ahmed Gumi / 2019: Saraki To Run For President, Ekweremadu As Running Mate! / Buhari Changes Mode Of Prayers At FEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.