Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,808 members, 7,866,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:07 PM

Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? (27269 Views)

Why Are Most Guys Unfaithful Even When They Have Loyal Or Beautiful Girlfriends? / Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? / Why Do Guys Have To "DEMAND" For Sex?!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by otunoba1(m): 10:34am On Jul 22, 2009
na2day?:

story! na 2day!

tell her bro. e don tey wey nyansh dey where e dey, dat one na agonies of a gurl without a cheerfully certified maga,
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by spikedcylinder: 10:36am On Jul 22, 2009
Now people are coming out to yarn all sorts of dust.

If you want your bf to give you his allowance and even dash you all his salary, berra continue collecting and stop forming. cheesy
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nezan(m): 10:44am On Jul 22, 2009
spikedcylinder:

If you want your bf to give you his allowance and even dash you all his salary, berra continue collecting and stop forming. cheesy

Funny how girls dey pretend. e tire me-o grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 10:53am On Jul 22, 2009
otun oba:

tell her bro. e don tey wey nyansh dey where e dey, dat one na agonies of a gurl without a cheerfully certified maga,

leave am, make her bf catch am dey yan like this, alarm go blow grin grin grin

spikedcylinder:

thats why i like u, o great she-male tongue tongue
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by toideve(m): 11:57am On Jul 22, 2009
only hungry gurls ask guys for allowances, for me its irresponsible for a gurl to ask a guy for money, there's always an exception but when it becomes a norm i'll separate myself from her kia kia
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by nwaka80(f): 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2009
For me i believe dat if a guy loves his g/f he wll not be waiting 4 d the girl to be demanding money from him all d time. He shld know that a girl needs cash to put body and soul together[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#000099] but not that she will now convert the b/f to an ATM machine.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by chibaby5(f): 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2009
lol. . . u guyz r funni sha. . . afta givin u allowance u will turn his slave. . . allow dat! !
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Spyker: 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2009
shocked shocked shocked I wonder what her parents (her father in particular) will do if a BF should spend so much for her. What will happen to them if they get married with the girl having consumed almost all that the man would have saved. For me, i give when i feel like and sometimes she appreciates it.

Come to think of it, is it also wrong for a guy to demand for allowance from his GF. lipsrsealed (Just a thought)
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Flakky26(f): 2:03pm On Jul 22, 2009
Girlfriends can demand from their boy friends,but it is not obligatory for the guy to give the girl.The guy is not indebted to the girl in anyway.A girl who demands a certain amount of allowance from her boyfriend is not considerate.It is usually left for the guy to give at will and not on demand.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 22, 2009
an allowance for what? is she working for him?
he should only do it when he feels like or if she ask for it not a monthly thing.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by ariblaze(m): 2:42pm On Jul 22, 2009
lemmie get this straight

i couldnt go through the whole 13pages

so pardon me if am asking what's already asked

a guy gives his girlfriend stipulated allowances hmmmm

good

well , am sure that would mean the said lady has to be the dutiful gurlfriend

the guy says sit down there , she sits

jump, she asks how high

dont pick that call, she wont

the guy then also has a right to screen all her calls

dictate the kinda hair and clothes she has to wear

who she rolls with and where she goes etc

she also has to be at his beck and call , yes?

so if the answers to all this questions are yes. . . sure why not ,its like having a house help with fringe benefits go ahead

as for me sha

i get washawoman

i get boy for area that helps with the housechores

ganiu is downstairs for the car and bike

i pay them all , why compound it by getting a project manager

allowance my foot

trip is i wont even date someone who isnt self sufficient, talkless of dropping allowance

i can drop bar once in a while as she should be able to do the same

when we are married ,house upkeep allowance yes that i can and will do
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by touchmeder: 2:49pm On Jul 22, 2009
nwaka_80:

[b]For me i believe dat if a guy loves his g/f he wll not be waiting 4 d the girl to be demanding money from him all d time. He shld know that a girl needs cash to put body and soul together[[/b]color=#000099][/color][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#000099][/color] but not that she will now convert the b/f to an ATM machine.

My dear granted i get your explanation. permit me to ask you a question which you dont have to answer but nevertheless think about. Do you work? if the lady does why does she need his money to put body and soul together?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by seyenko(m): 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2009
I dont think there is anything wrong with it, i give my gal money regularly and i buy her surprise phone credits. She doesn't ask me - maybe she asked twice or thrice since we have been dating for 2 years now. But i make sure i give her a good sum before she's tempted to ask.
Maybe because I see it like giving my juniors pocket money, so i give everybody a sum every month for their upkeep
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by touchmeder: 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2009
seyenko good ive bin waiting for a man like you that pratises this to ask a few questions?
do u feel obliged to buy her stuffs like that everyother time?
does she work?
have you failed to deliever and how did she react?
do u enjoy what you do and dont see it as a burden?
does it make u feel more of a man that you do the providing, would it make you feel any less a man if she never needed this allowance from time to time. i mean would you have been threatned by that?
finally does she buy you stuff from time to time and also buy you surprise recharge cards as well?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by seyenko(m): 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2009
She doesn't work but she also spends on me, in fact when she spends on me say on my birthday i make sure i give her more money subsequently because i know she spent from her allowance from home so i replace it voluntarily. She is not a burden to me, besides i give my 3 brothers in University money every month voluntarily so she is just part of my family that's all. I do it without feeling burdened
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by seyenko(m): 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2009
Also i believe it will make me feel less of a man if i don't give her and my 3 other siblings money regularly or text them surprise credit when i feel like it but i am not obliged or pressured by them.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by smooooooth: 3:28pm On Jul 22, 2009
a man is suppose to stand up to responsibilities, whether your gf is financially ok, or not, if a guy earns enough, then he shld give the gf something monthly for her up keep, after all, when she looks good its for his pleasure. but a lady shldnt see it as her right.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by seyenko(m): 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2009
You are just too correct smooth, anybody with contrary opinion is just selfish and not man enough to take care of galfriends and even junior ones
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by touchmeder: 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2009
thanks for replying me, it appears yours works for you and most importantly you dont feel pressured nor do you see it as a burden besides your gf does not demand it. your case appears to be an open and closed one. whatever floats your boat like they would say
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by YankeeZulu: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2009
It's this kind of matured exchange I have been waiting to see. Touchmeder, seyenko and smooooooth, well done for bringing some sanity to this "never-say-die" topic. grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2009
Being maintained by someone is not something to be proud of. I am 20 now and feel ashamed to still ask my dad for money for the slightest thing. I hope I'll be able to find a part time job when I start University and at least be able to fend for myself and return gifts from my bf. embarassed
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by whitelexi(m): 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2009
YankeeZulu:

It's this kind of matured exchange I have been waiting to see. Touchmeder, seyenko and smooooooth, well done for bringing some sanity to this "never-say-die" topic. grin

The topic states clearly:  Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance?

Most controvertial responses from a minority's point of view is that a girl should demand an allowance from her boyfriend.  There is a distinct difference between girlfriend and wife or fiancee.

What i understand from Seyenko's point of view is that he gives an allowance but is not pressured into doing it. Nobody says its wrong to willingly give to your girlfriend, what we are unilaterally identifying with is that the girlfriend does not have the right to demand it - no matter the situation!

Get your facts right, and put your english into context!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Lita(f): 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2009
i'm sure it works for you and yours, Seyenko but the idea of providing for a girlfriend's 'up keep' makes her sound a little like a pet (and i mean that in the kindest possible way). i suppose, it depends on what you believe a man or a woman's role is. if you like her hair a certain way, and pay for it, that's one thing, or the occasional gift, or help with the phone if she calls you a lot. being maintained by you, is another story. i don't know why she doesn't work, so i can't comment on that, but i can't imagine wanting to be beholden to anybody, least of all to my boyfriend. i don't feel a boyfriend is responsible for his girlfriend, he doesn't owe her anything, nor is she to be equated with his 'juniors', as she is his partner, his equal. similarly, i as a girlfriend would not be willing to cede control by having to be financially supported and answerable to my boyfriend. even if i were married, i would prefer to avoid being completely financed by my husband, except if i were the main person looking after children, and therefore our labour was divided in a different way.

just my opinion smiley .
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by YankeeZulu: 4:04pm On Jul 22, 2009
I'm sorry sir, did I in any way refer to you? And just in what context should my English be put? Please stay in your corner of cyber space and allow me stay in mine. Thanks.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by whitelexi(m): 4:04pm On Jul 22, 2009
Lita:

i'm sure it works for you and yours, Seyenko but the idea of providing for a girlfriend's 'up keep' makes her sound a little like a pet (and i mean that in the kindest possible way). i suppose, it depends on what you believe a man or a woman's role is. if you like her hair a certain way, and pay for it, that's one thing, or the occasional gift, or help with the phone if she calls you a lot. being maintained by you, is another story. i don't know why she doesn't work, so i can't comment on that, but i can't imagine wanting to be beholden to anybody, least of all to my boyfriend. i don't feel a boyfriend is responsible for his girlfriend, he doesn't owe her anything, nor is she to be equated with his 'juniors', as she is his partner, his equal. similarly, i as a girlfriend would not be willing to cede control by having to be financially supported and answerable to my boyfriend. even if i were married, i would prefer to avoid being completely financed by my husband, except if i were the main person looking after children, and therefore our labour was divided in a different way.

just my opinion smiley .

Brilliant! cool

YankeeZulu:

I'm sorry sir, did I in any way refer to you? And just in what context should my English be put? Please stay in your corner of cyber space and allow me stay in mine. Thanks.

You sound seriously confused grin cheesy shocked
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by YankeeZulu: 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2009
Oh I see. When the person follows or supports your line of thinking, it seems "brilliant". But when someone has a contrary view, it's time to get your fangs out. Well that's what I've noticed about human nature. But it does say a lot about your personality.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2009
YankeeZulu:

Oh I see. When the person follows or supports your line of thinking, it seems "brilliant". But when someone has a contrary view, it's time to get your fangs out. Well that's what I've noticed about human nature. But it does say a lot about your personality.

Your line of thought it old fashioned and doesn't in my opinion portrait a good image of women.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by YankeeZulu: 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2009
Thank you all, I have made my line of thinking known. (Please see my preceding posts on the topic). But what ever my opinion, how come, when you support any opinion, it's not a crime, but when another person commends the other angle for his/her level of mature expression of ideas, it irritates you? Is this world no more a free society or just a bunch of so-called new-fashioned thinkers? Lady please, up your ante.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by whitelexi(m): 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2009
YankeeZulu:

Thank you all, I have made my line of thinking known. (Please see my preceding posts on the topic). But what ever my opinion, how come, when you support any opinion, it's not a crime, but when another person commends the other angle for his/her level of mature expression of ideas, it irritates you? Is this world no more a free society or just a bunch of so-called new-fashioned thinkers? Lady please, up your ante.

@YankeeZulu, you've made your point and it has been noted. Perhaps you can stop irritating us with your parasitic views, go and demand an allowance from your bf and hopefully it will turn out right for u too grin grin grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Hauwa1: 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2009
u know, i dont blame the gals who ask for allowance, when the guys is always giving them work to do nko, wash those clothes for me, wash my dirty dishes, clean my house for me, make my bed etc as a kid growing up, i used to see girls coming to visit their guy and do housework, phew! not so cool.

so they ask for allowance if you give them work to do grin. no be your servant dem be abi grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by YankeeZulu: 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2009
"Stop irritating us"? Mr Man, you and who? For once in your life speak for yourself and stop hiding behind another girl's skirt or trousers. This NL pack mentality you all have of making others uncomfortable for not following your hazy line of reasoning. Anyway, eat the thread if you like, I can see it's quickly turning into your favourite topic.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by kanayo74(m): 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2009
its just like asking should men deman for SEX.
Guy don be stingy give if u have

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Reasons Why Many Nigerian Ladies Are Ill-mannered / 28-Year-Old Japanese Man Marries A Pillow! / Why Men Like Confident Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.