Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,000 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

2baga's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2baga's Profile / 2baga's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 23 pages)

Romance / Re: No Woman Can Snatch Your Man If You Have These 6 Attributes. by 2baga(m): 10:31am On Sep 09, 2015
sparkleice:
I smell lies here.sme men will stil cheat on u evn aftr doing all these.evn f u want to gve him. Ur kitty cat everyday,tie. Ur two legs on d ceilng,cook hs best meal,and all dat he wil stil nt b satisfy wt u alone a cheat s always a cheat.so forgt ds post

Av you tried it before, wait a minute..... I assume you're not yet married
Romance / Re: No Woman Can Snatch Your Man If You Have These 6 Attributes. by 2baga(m): 10:30am On Sep 09, 2015
Toks2008:
Yes guys they say are naturally promiscuous and an angel as a wife may still not make a man sexually faithful to you.But im not talking about sexual faithfulness but the actual act of dumping you for another lady which is a terrible slap on the ladies in such situations.

But im happy to let every lady reading this to know that it will be extremely impossible for any lady to snatch your man from you if you have these 6 wonderful attributes.

1.A good cook: I can not stress this enough. If you know how to cook your man's favorite food and i mean you really take time out to ask him what his favorite is and you go out of your way to learn the act of preparing such food in the best way he likes for him whenever he wants it then you have secured him 50%.

2.Be his personal private LovePeddler: Don't be deceived,every man wants his wife to be a sex-maniac for him in the bedroom and the more timid you are the greater the chance of losing him so give him real good in the bedroom and zip him down when he least expects it and blow that trumpet so good and make his head spin and trust me, he will run home to you everyday. The most boring thing any woman can do is to always wait for her hubby to demand for sex "ooohh how boring" please develop the act of giving him first attack and scr*w the shit of him after-all he is your hubby and if you don't do him well,who will?

3.Financial independence: Please if you are a "full housewife" reading this i guess its time to free yourself from perpetual insult. get something doing no matter what and even if you are not allowed to do an office thing just try and get something doing because nothing trips a man than a financially independent lady even if you don't spend a dime on the home front,the fact that you have something doing that brings home money is good enough. And for those who play to their hubby's gallery of sit at home order,be ready to be mocked by same man when there is a tilt in his emotional balance.

4.Humility:Its so sexy to have a sweet humble lady who is non abusive to her hubby and his family,a humble woman will be full of respect and adoration for her hubby and even people around her and its very difficult for any-man to do away with a humble non abusive woman.

5.Sexual decency:I am not talking about your past but a woman who is sexually decent with her hubby and does not give room for the hubby to point an accusing finger at her is a delight to every man.A man gets turned on even more with the mindset that he is the only one having access to that honey comb but a sexually indecent woman is a curse to herself and the hubby.

6.Fear of GOD:A woman who fears GOD is a delight to her entire household and she will be a strong pillar for her husband and family. Her ways will be pleasing to GOD and apparently pleasing to her man.

If you are a lady who possesses these 6 attributes even without a child for him yet please relax yourself and don't bother about any lady snatching your husband.Yes if he is the randy type he may freestyle these attention seeking side chics but he will always run back to you and it will be extremely difficult for any daughter of eve to snatch him from you.

I hope this makes sense.

You tried, the above will work most of the time
Business / Re: Latitude-cafe Restaurant Waiters Use Hoverboards To Serve Customers In Ibadan by 2baga(m): 1:35pm On Sep 02, 2015
watching in 4-D hope they are trained not to spill stuff

2 Likes

Events / Re: This tip is for newly weds by 2baga(m): 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2015
lovely designs.....kudos
Career / Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by 2baga(m): 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2015
MadCow1:

Sure Hommie. Whatever helps you get better welfare from your employer..

cool

yeah...now you get the drift... zip it kiss kiss kiss
Career / Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by 2baga(m): 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2015
MadCow1:

I have my Job, you have yours.

If my work conditions were like yours, I would know the appropriate action to take. You can't expect someone else to come bare your burden.

If this issue is of importance to you, you would find a lawyer, expalain the issues bothering you to him, negotiate his legal fees and then proceed to file a case against your employer.

I simply gave you advice the onus to act is on you my friend, not me. After all, no be me dey suffer.

That was no advice dude, that was a madcow running its mouf shocked shocked shocked
Sports / Re: Martial Arts by 2baga(m): 8:34am On Aug 24, 2015
Nice to see the thread is still active, though I know the world of martial arts is a very vibrant and active one in Nigeria.
It seems the babas are not aware of this thread, cos I know they will be more than happy to contribute.
Keep Fit
Peace
Career / Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by 2baga(m): 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
MadCow1:

Do I look like your Father?

Are you people giving me a cut of your salary?

I have so many darn good lawyers around that I could recommend to you but I wouldn't because you can't be spoon fed all the time. Why should I waste their time on unserious individuals? angry

Na una dey feel the pain, come together pull your monies together, agree on a line of action, go find a lawyer from the countless big chambers all over the fhucking place.. If you don't know where to start, take 200 Naira BRT bus from Mayfair to Law school at Ozumba Mbadiwe and make enquiries.

I am quite pissed off because I feel like you guys like to just talk about stuff and do nothing about it or wait for someone to come and be the Jesus to of your work and carry all the matter on his head.

It's your problem, deal with it..

Interesting...... All mouth, action = zilch

Your moniker says it all
Family / Re: Soldier Catches Wife With Another Man, Parades Them Both Naked In Public. Photos by 2baga(m): 6:17am On Aug 21, 2015
natas22:
Those two don't know there rights the soldier doesn't have the right to treat them this way. What the two did is totally wrong but they don't deserve such humiliation.

They suppose to sue the soldier

Guy, your stew-piditi is amazing

Did you read the part that says "his wife"
Forget say na soldier man, under law Mr Casanova is already without merit or credibility

By the time him enta gaurdroom, he will gladly opt for any public humiliation such as this

The mofo is actually lucky to still have breath at this point

1 Like

Career / Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by 2baga(m): 10:27am On Aug 20, 2015
MadCow1:

So you brought it to Nairaland because? angry

I swear alot of Nigerian workers deserve the shiit they get. Can you imagine you having a case like this and you guys would sit down whining in your cubicles rather than finding a good lawyer to go in and discuss with your employer and/or take them before the Court of Industry.

Nigeria has Labour laws. Nobody can mess with the contents of Labour laws.

If you can, kindly drop the contact of a reliable lawyer and spell out how to go about harnessing the cover of the Court of industry...waiting..
Career / Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by 2baga(m): 10:18am On Aug 20, 2015
moradeyoo:
National Human Rights Commission

i tink they have started working

[b][size=13pt]NHRC Help lines

0807 709 1123
0807 709 1124
0807 709 1126
0807 569 7449[/b
][/size]

This just might come in handy, hope its active tho

1 Like

TV/Movies / Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by 2baga(m): 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2015
lomprico:
Enjoying my metro digital. I watch evri concerning football for 3500 a month. grin

Do you get signal for metro in lagos??
How do I get one & d cost??
Business / Re: Your Dormant Bank Account Could Put You In Trouble by 2baga(m): 11:56am On Aug 05, 2015
Tokotaya:
If you have a dormant bank account in Nigeria, you could be on CBN’s debtors’ list. Let me recast that, if you have a dormant account in Ecobank, you may already be a debtor, without knowing it. Your name may have been listed as having bad credit on the Credit Risk Management Bureau (CRMB)’s database with CBN. It’s not a demarketing attempt. It is purely my experience that others can learn from.

I had a current account in Ecobank around 2011. My ex-employer moved our salaries there based on a nice presentation made by the Branch Manager of the Bank at the time. However, the promises made were not met, so the salary account was moved elsewhere and we all thought it ended there.

More than three years later, I had left the company and was processing a loan with another bank. Near the completion of the deal, they called to tell me I was owing Ecobank. I was advised to sort it out with them before any progress could be made. I didn’t take any loan. The account didn’t have an overdraft facility. It was a basic current account from which you could never withdraw above your available balance at any point in time. How could I owe on the account?

I called their customer care and the lady insisted I must have taken a loan. I insisted I did not, and tried to convince her to look into the account to see what could have happened. She rudely cut the call!

I made a series of other calls and was linked to their Oke Afa, Isolo Branch where the account resided and was able to establish that it was my dormant account there that ran into negative. Ecobank made some routine charges on the account and when they depleted what was there, they made negative deduction of N119 and the negative started accumulating interest that had amounted to about N2,500 by late last year when I applied for a loan.

What manner of a bank would make deductions from a dormant account? I went to the bank and confronted them. An official explained that an account going dormant does not mean that charges could not be made on it. He said a man can be sleeping, but his bodily functions work nonetheless.

I paid off the money and obtained a letter of Non-indebtedness and took it to my new bank before they could process my loan. The great worry: what if I had not applied for a loan at another bank? How would I have known? Many decades later, may be as a pensioner, one may now apply for something and they will tell you there’s a debt of a couple of millions of naira you need to clear.

I’ve commenced the process of closing the account with Ecobank. Other dormant accounts I have are going too, even though some of the other banks are arguing that their own processes are different from Ecobank’s. They argue that typically, your dormant account holds the last balance there till you reactivate it. One said if at all any customer’s account goes into red, his bank had a standard procedure to call up the customer by phone to alert him. No one called me from Ecobank.

How much was N119 that Ecobank would go ahead to list me as having a non-performing loan instead of calling me to clear it. The totality of my experience with Ecobank has been horrible to say the least. To even collect the Letter of Non-Indebtedness was a war. It took nearly 3 weeks of constant harassment to get it ready and on the day I was to pick it up, I spent three and a half hours in their banking hall.
So folks, check up on all your current dormant accounts, especially those with Ecobank.

its an eye opener
Agriculture / Re: Current Cassava Price Per Tonne @ Thai Farm Ososa Ogun State by 2baga(m): 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
bamboke:
Greetings.

A friend wants advice on where to buy cassava for garri in large bulk. Somewhere not far from Lagos and an idea of cost. Thank you

If your friend is ready and serious we could talk...
Politics / Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Plans To Assassinate Me For Exposing N35.5 Billion Fraud" - Sahara by 2baga(m): 8:16am On Aug 04, 2015
asumo12:
Following President Buhari war on corruption and my various publications in the saharareporters.com and a few national newspapers, of which a copy is hereby attached, Bar Jimoh Ibrahim paid some hired assassins to eliminate me. Controversial businessman, Jimoh Ibrahim

I am being monitored by four men with two power bike after a meeting was held in Bar Jimoh Ibrahim hotel, where it was agreed that if they could not get me kidnapped on or before the 4th of Aug, my house will be attacked on 5th Aug, 2015.

Having paid the assassins, Barrister Ibrahim, out of fear that he might be arrested, left Nigeria few days ago to London and has enrolled as a student in Oxford University, for a part time course as a cover up.

The reason for assassinating is as follows

That John Nnorom exposed the N35.5Billion Aviation Intervention fund fraud, which was diverted by Bar Jimoh Ibrahim into his personal account and the Nigeria Senate resolution dated 29th Nov, 2012 signed by Senator Hope Uzodinma, asking the then Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, current Emir of Kano, to recover the money. There is a big panic in Jimoh house, that President Buhari, who has refused to grant Bar Jimoh Ibrahim audience despite four attempts made by Bar Jimoh Ibrahim will prosecute him in the next few months.

That John Nnorom exposed the N10Billion paid to Nicon Insurance Plc by the Accountant General of Nigeria, for payment of pensioners but Bar Jimoh Ibrahim diverted the money into the acquisition of his private challenger jet with Reg No : NG 605 GF. The pensioners are dying. This case has been established, as EFCC has traced the fund movement from the money paid by the accountant general into the seller of the aircraft account based on my petition. We have even contacted the lawyer that processes the purchase of the Aircraft in USA as part of the witness. The challenger is currently parked in SAO TOME.

That John Nnorom will take all risk to testify against Bar Jimoh Ibrahim during trial and therefore, it is better to assassinate him now.

I therefore call on all patriotic Nigerians, including the Inspector- General of Police, our President Buhari, the DG - SSS, to note that if anything happen to me, Bar Jimoh Ibrahim should be prosecuted.

JOHN I NNOROM ( FCA, ACTI, MBA

17 KODEOSH STREET, IKEJA, LAGOS http: www.nuclearworld.com.ng

e-mail: john .nnorom@gmail.com TEL: 08033064519; 07068021111

BAR JIMOH IBRAHIM: THE FACE OF CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA

On the 23rd of June, 2015, Our President, vowed to recover within three months all the money looted from our treasury. For making such a vow, history and posterity will remember President Buhari. I recalled during the first week of June, 2015, I dreamt a dream, where some of my friends, who died fighting corruption, were celebrating in a cloud of rainbow. I woke up, wondering, why this celebration in the heavenly realm. Three weeks later, President Buhari vowed to recover our stolen wealth, my joy is unlimited.

Dear President Buhari, I promised to fight corruption with the last breath in my life in 2012 and would like to mention that, Bar Jimoh Ibrahim represents corruption institutionzed at the highest level in Nigeria. The sale of the following Federal Government investments, which Jimoh was a front, namely Air Nigeria Development Ltd, Nicon Insurance Plc, Nigeria Re-insurance Corporation were all fraudulent sales. Jimoh has been on asset stripping of these institutions, into Nicon Investment Ltd, a company blacklisted by Central Bank of Nigeria during the era of Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, now the Emir of Kano.

Mr. President, I summarized below, how these institutions, which were partly owned by Federal Government were stripped of her assets by Jimoh. No board meeting has been held for all these massive withdrawals by Jimoh and the effort that, I made in whistleblowing his activities with little emphasis on various assassination attempts on my life.

ACQUISITION OF OUR NATIONAL CARRIER: VIRGIN NIGERIA, N35.5B DIVERTED FOR PERSONAL USE

Virgin Nigeria was in debt of $237M (N35.5Billion) repayable over a period of 5years, when Jimoh acting as a front for highly placed Federal Government official fraudulently acquired the National Carrier without paying a kobo. The debt of N35.5B was transferred to Nicon Group Account with UBA PLC. This transfer gave the Air line, a clean account, which was highly published. Air Nigeria immediately took the Aviation Intervention Loan of N35.5Billion from Bank of Industry through United Bank for Africa. This loan was debited back to Air Nigeria account and Nicon Group of companies account was credited. This loan was diverted into the purchase of the land, where the largest oil well in the world is deposited in SAO TOME including acres of land for the building of a university by Jimoh . Part of this loan was used in the purchase of choice properties in Dubai, USA and UK. I wrote to the then, Nigeria Senate President, David Mark, who directed my petition to the Senate Committee on Aviation, then chairman by Senator Hope Uzodinma. This committee confirmed my petition and recommended in senate resolution dated 29th Nov, 2014 that, Governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, now the Emir of Kano should recover this money from Jimoh . We all know, how the Emir of Kano exited from CBN and to date THIS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION FUND HAS NOT BEEN RECOVERED (documents are hereby attached)

AIR NIGERIA DEVELOPMENT LTD : N6B STOLEN BY JIMOH

The loan of N35.5B was repayable over a period of 5years to UBA PLC but Federal Government Aviation Intervention fund, which the Bank of Industry approved for Air Nigeria was repayable over a period of 15years with lower interest rate, which resulted to an excess of N6Billion yearly cash inflow into the Airline account from 2009 to 2013. This is the amount that Jimoh diverted to Nicon Investment Ltd, a company owned by his family, despite the fact, that there are many stakeholders in the airline, which includes the employee, the shareholders, the creditors etc. In addition to my resignation, he sacked 790 staff on the pages of newspapers and many are dead to date without any pension. Our suit No ; NICN/LA/481/2012 still pending in court. Despite all, Jimoh, sold the Airline for N3Billion and pocketed the money. (Schedule of withdrawal is hereby attached)

ACQUISITION OF NICON INSURANCE PLC VALUED AT 10% OF TOTAL COST

Nicon Insurance Plc, had 20million pounds in her special Foreign account in London , shares in Union bank valued at N500Million, millions of pounds in union bank London branch, millions of dollars in American Express Bank, which were not disclosed at the time of acquisition. The Nicon Insurance was under-valued by 90% based on Jimoh instruction, that only the Naira valuation will be considered in the purchase. The Nicon Insurance was not in distress as at the time of acquisition by Jimoh. The naira valuation represents 10% of the total value of the company. Jimoh without following due process won the privatization bid on Nicon Insurance Plc. Like in all his acquisition, it was heavily published that Jimoh acquired Nicon Insurance Plc.

With fake building document deposited in bank for the acquisition, Jimoh appointed the Managing Director, Mr.Emmanuel Jegede, who signed the purchase agreement and before payment could be made to Federal Government, he travelled to London with Jegede, The EX-MD and EX-Company Secretary of NICON Insurance Plc, and clean the account of NICON in London, thereby recovering nine times the value of the company. To cover this fraud, Jimoh sacked all the NICON staff in the five story London office, located at 21 Worship Street, London, EC2A 2BH. When the auditor representing the Federal Government 30% shareholding started shouting internally in Nigeria, on the looting of Nicon Insurance Plc, Jimoh, invited him for a meeting and on his way back to his house, he was assassinated. Having assassinated the internal auditor, the following people namely: Mr. Emmanuel Akinmolu Jegede, the MD- Nicon Insurance Plc, pledged his 100% loyalty, Ms Prisca Soares the Ex-MD/CEO of Nicon Insurance and the Ex-company secretary ran away from Jimoh for safety reasons. Dear President Buhari, let these people be interrogated under oath on this deal, with your assurance that they will not be assassinated by Jimoh.

DYING PENSIONER MONEY USED TO BUY JET WITH REG NO: NG605GF

In the last few years, the Accountant –General of Nigeria paid over N13Billion to Nicon Insurance Plc, for the purpose of paying pensioners. As usual, the money was laundered to USA and out of this money; Jimoh bought the challenger 625 jet with Reg No: NG605GF that he is currently flying around the world, while pensioners are dying every day. I reported this case to EFCC and it was investigated. EFCC confirmed my petition that Jimoh diverted this money but refused to charge him to court saying that I am not an interested legal person. However, this money represents fraudulent withdrawal from corporate institution owned by Federal Government, of which I am a Nigerian by birth. It should be noted that Federal Government still holds 30% of Nicon Insurance Plc shares. Please, President Buhari, help us to recover this loot.

BAR JIMOH IBRAHIM TAX EVASION SUIT OF N6. 4B/FIRS IN COOLER

The Federal Inland Revenue Services after thorough investigation of my petition on the N6.4Billion owed FIRS, made several efforts to recover this money despite the threat by the then Attorney- General Bar Adoke. Jimoh was arrested and charged to court. The first case was a criminal suit on tax clearance certificate forgeries in Abuja and the second suit was recovery of the debt. I followed this up with several visits to FIRS office and various publications but Jimoh paid back only N150Million to FIRS, the balance of this money need to be recovered, for which Jimoh wrote an undertaking to pay in FIRS office. In addition to the above, the criminal case in Abuja on tax certificate forgeries is now in the cooler. Dear President Buhari, please help FIRS to recover this loot, which belongs to Federal Government.

BAR JIMOH IBRAHIM DOES NOT PAY CORPORATE TAX ON HIS 16 COMPANIES

The following companies namely ; Global fleet oil & Gas Ltd, Nicon Insurance Plc, Nigeria RE-insurance Corporation, Nicon Properties Ltd, Nicon Luxury Hotel Ltd Okitipupa, Abuja Nicon hotels Ltd, Nicon hotels Ltd VGC, Nicon hotels Ltd, PHC and National Mirror Ltd, do not have current tax clearance certificate. All these companies do not pay corporate taxes to the Federal Inland Revenue Services in Nigeria. Even withholding taxes deducted from sales on behalf of Federal Government, are not remitted. The last signed audited account of these companies were in 2009 and I have challenged Bar Jimoh Ibrahim to published in two national newspapers the tax clearance certificate of his conglomerate since 2012. This is a criminal offence in addition to recovery. Please, help us sir.

EMPLOYEE TAX FRAUD : EFCC REFUSED TO CHARGE JIMOH IBRAHIM TO COURT

In all the companies owned by jimoh, taxes are not remitted to the relevant tax authorities but were deducted from staff salaries. I am a victim and I petition Jimoh to EFCC, listing as witness the 790 Ex-staff of Air Nigeria sacked on the pages of newspapers. The same EFCC charged to court Steve Judd, the MD of Ascot Flowlines Limited for tax deduction not remitted to the board and pension fund deducted not remitted on one staff named, Bar Austin Aguguo. However to date, EFCC has refused, to charge Jimoh to court for refusal to remit tax deduction from my salary and 790 Ex-Staff of Air Nigeria. Please, help us sir.

For this cause, I was arrested on false allegation, charged to court and was discharged. The gallant FIRS officers that arrested Jimoh were transferred out, at a point, shown red and green pen by the Attorney- General Bar Adoke, the IPO in EFCC was harassed and warned by OGA, in addition to various assassination attempts on my life.

I hereby appeal to our President to consider this open letter and ensure that the loot is fully recovered. Thank you President Buhari.

Yours Faithfully,

JOHN I NNOROM (FCA, ACTI, MBA)

source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/03/jimoh-ibrahim-plans-assassinate-me-exposing-how-he-stole-n355-billion-nigerian-gov%E2%80%99t

cc ishilove

[size=15pt]
Waoh this is mindbogglingly incredible (i.e. sounds so surreal).....
But it should not be swept under the carpet but forensic investigation ought to be applied to the accounts so named... and if ANY of the details checks out... the principals should be apprehended ASAP
[/size]

1 Like

Gaming / Re: Opinion: My Top 5 Best Fight Scenes In Any Video Game. by 2baga(m): 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2015
sinestro24:

dude you stole that pic from my dp

Imitation is actually a complement bro grin grin grin
Health / Re: Ebola Vaccine Works, Offering 100% Protection In African Trial by 2baga(m): 9:56am On Aug 03, 2015
Demigods:

A man in the Guinean capital Conakry receiving the experimental Ebola vaccine in April.

A highly unusual clinical trial in Guinea has shown for the first time that an Ebola vaccine protects people from the deadly virus. The study, published online today by The Lancet, shows that the injection offered contacts of Ebola cases 100% protection starting 10 days after they received a single shot of the vaccine, which is produced by Merck. Scientists say the vaccine could help to finally bring an end to the epidemic in West Africa, now more than 18 months old.

"This will go down in history as one of those hallmark public health efforts," says Michael Osterholm, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy in Twin Cities, Minnesota, who wasn't involved in the study. "We will teach about this in public health schools."

"It's a wonderful result and a fantastic illustration of how vaccines can be developed very quickly and can be used in an outbreak situation to control the disease," says Adrian Hill, a vaccine researcher at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom, also not involved in the work.

The vaccine, first developed by researchers at the Public Health Agency of Canada, consists of the Vesicular Stomatitis Virus (VSV), which causes disease in livestock but not people, with the Ebola surface protein stitched into it. It is one of two vaccines currently being tested in the Ebola-stricken countries; the other one is produced by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). The study of the Merck vaccine was led by Ana Maria Henao-Restrepo of the World Health Organization (WHO) in Geneva, together with colleagues at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health in Oslo, the Guinean Ministry of Health, and others.

The decision to start the trial was taken in October, but it didn't get off the ground until March. By then, Ebola cases had already begun to plummet, and they were scattered across a large area in Guinea. To show efficacy in a standard randomized controlled trial, the researchers would have had to enroll far more people than was feasible.

Instead, they opted for a design called ring vaccination, in which only contacts of new Ebola patients, as well as the contacts' contacts, were vaccinated. The rings, or clusters, were randomized; in 48 of them, vaccination occurred as soon as possible after the detection of the Ebola case in their community. In the 42 other clusters, the vaccination teams came to give the shots three weeks later. The researchers then counted the number of new Ebola cases in each ring; because they weren't sure how long it takes for the vaccine's protection to kick in, they only included cases that occurred at least 10 days after vaccination in their primary analysis of the data. There were zero such cases among the 2014 people who were vaccinated right away, and 16 among the 2380 who got the shot 3 weeks later. That translates to 100% vaccine efficacy, at least in this study, the researchers write.

The idea of a ring vaccination design, never before used in a formal vaccine study, "was absolutely very creative," says Osterholm, and it allowed the team to follow the epidemic wherever it went. "Had this been a standard, straightforward randomized controlled trial, we would never had this answer.”

"It surprised me how quickly you can intervene with a vaccination and have an effect," says Jeremy Farrar, the head of the Wellcome Trust research charity, which co-funded the study. "It’s possible to do that sort of complex work in very, very complex environments—ethically, socially, culturally and scientifically. You can do it. That is a revelation for many people."

Source: http://news.sciencemag.org/health/2015/07/ebola-vaccine-works-offering-100-protection-african-trial

[size=16pt]Dear Lord!!!! we thank thee[/size]
Politics / Re: Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. by 2baga(m): 7:03am On Aug 02, 2015
Image123:
In this age of cheap internet, free access to google and other search engines, with online news media. It is unfortunate that many are attempting to twist and turn VERY RECENT History in everyone's face. i will like to use this thread to remind us with verifiable links what obtained in the GEJ administration as regards our oil refineries. In a nutshell(for those who don't want to read long post), the past administration/government lacked progressive direction as regards the refineries. The below facts are things everyone knows even though some choose to forget.

As at November 23, 2012, the news was "Refineries’ turnaround maintenance to start first quarter 2013"

Below are some excerpts from the news report, all are free to read the full report from the link given.

The next month of that same year, December 15, 2012. The story developed k-leg. The headline was "[url=http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-drops-planned-refinery-projects-%E2%80%A2jonathan-must-tackle-fuel-subsidy-corruption-labour/]FG drops planned refinery projects •Jonathan must tackle fuel subsidy corruption–Labour[/url]"

Here are some excerpts from the report.

The above quotes would have been funny if they were not utterly pathetic. It was all mouth, no action.

Ten days later, Christmas day, it was still discordant tunes as regards refining crude oil in Nigeria.
December 25, 2012, News headlines read "NNPC plans to repair three refineries with N152bn"
Some excerpts from the report are in the quote below.

Don't hiss just yet, the drama continues one year later.

November 28, 2013, the story had not improved in any way. The headline was "FG completes negotiations for Port Harcourt refinery"
Some excerpts from the reports are in the quote below.

It'leaves much to be desired when less than a year before, billions of naira were said to be approved and paid for maintenance, and we were expected to have billions of litres of products in 2013. But by November 2013, they were finally completed on selling the refinery without any so called 18.64 billion litres of products derived from local refining.

Enter last year, January 3, 2014. The news had it that "Jonathan hasn’t approved sale of refineries, says Abati" Don't get dizzy by the ding-dong, fasten your seat belts and read some excerpts from the report in the quote below.

So, did anything concrete or progressive happen all through last year as regards our four refineries? [size=13pt]NO[/size]. You can be sure, it would have being in the TRANSFORMATION campaigns. By the ending of the year, last year, our refineries were still hopeless despite all the billions of naira spent on TAM and all the failed promises.
November 24, 2014, News was "Oil slump: Nigeria’s crude refining to drop further" Our REFINING dropped further, the GEJ government did not sell them or produce anything tangible for the benefit of the country.
Some excerpts from the news report are in the quote below.

Quite a grim report, the unpatriotic acts and deliberate sabotage in the past government was unchecked. Did elections, campaigns and a new year improve anything during the GEJ administration? NO

This year 2015. March 3, 2015. This was ELECTIONS month, if the GEJ administration had any hope as regards our 4 refineries, any sort of joker, or light at the end of the tunnel, this was the time they would have presented it. GEJ would have gone to commission it, but even the very tunnel was taken away as soon as there was ever hope of light at the end of the tunnel. The news reads "Lack of support by labour stalls refineries’ sale"
To sell or to repair, to sell or to repair, to sell or to repair, March 3, mini mini mani mo. Well, some of the excerpts from the report are in the quote below.

The past FG wanted so badly to sell the refineries but for pressure from the labour people, and to avoid POLITICAL instability. Elections were coming and they didn't want any Occupy NNPC or whatever similar thing that might have disturbed them politically. It is therefore unfair and even criminal for anyone to commend the past administration for the current and sudden progress, development and production being experienced at the Nation's four refineries.
Finally, to the more recent and popular news about 2016 and the refineries. Any serious person as at that date knows this was yet another unserious promise. March 5, 2015, news headlines said "Refineries will produce 400,000bpd in 2016 – NNPC"

Excerpts from the reports below.

Here we are, its the beginning of August and the reports are that our refineries have started to work. Thanks to former President Jonathan? Really? Reality clearly shows he didn't even have an idea or clue.

We are all living withnesses to the above, even tho some of the stated requires verification, however posterity will judge the actors #inthefullnessoftime
Crime / Re: How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? by 2baga(m): 5:43am On Aug 02, 2015
standd:
Booked.

Space reserved for compilation of viable ideas/contributions that will be helpful.

Project Alert on Violence Against Women (PROJECT
ALERT)
Address: 21, Akinsanya Street
Off Isheri Road,
Taiwo Bus stop (Behind FRSC)
Ojodu - Berger
P.O.Box 15456,
Ikeja
Lagos, Nigeria
Telephone/E-mail: 234-1-8209387;
08052004698; 08180091072
projectalert@projectalertnig.org
info@projectalertnig.org
ABUJA OFFICE
26 Bamenda Street, Off Abidjan Street,
Wuse Zone 3
Telephone: 234 -8708618

Lagos State Hotlines

The deputy governor, represented by her special adviser,
Mrs. Risikat Akiode, announced dedicated helplines for child abuse:

For domestic violence:

Very useful contact.
Celebrities / Re: Actor Mufutau Sanni, Ajigijaga Is Dead by 2baga(m): 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2015
Bonapart:
Rip.... they should leave behind immorality

Who told you, he was immoral
Car Talk / Re: Photos: All You Need To Know About 'The Beast' The US President's Official Car by 2baga(m): 10:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
naijaboiy:
Can someone please post the pictures of buhari's presidential car? grin

And what is it called sef? 'THE COW' I guess. gringrin

Guy you are maaaadt
As in just 2 much
Gaming / Re: Opinion: My Top 5 Best Fight Scenes In Any Video Game. by 2baga(m): 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2015
sonofananimal1:
VERY VERY CORRECT.

THAT'S JUST THE AVERAGE BLACK MAN MENTALITY

emancipate yourself from mental slavery....
...non but ourselves, can free our own minds....

in majek's voice (i mean the REAL majek)

1 Like

Politics / Re: Inside The Oil Deals That Cost Nigeria Billions; Between Diezani And Others by 2baga(m): 10:12am On Jul 27, 2015
argon500:
Despite elaborate efforts to sweep it under the carpet, facts have shown that a strategic alliance agreement between the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) and Atlantic Energy Drilling Concepts Nigeria Limited Limited (AEDCNL) has helped parties in the agreement to swindle the country. After wide-ranging investigations, Assistant Editor ADEKUNLE YUSUF uncovers the details of the deal that set back the country by about $2b.

It is an adventure laced with shoddiness. That perhaps is the most fitting silhouette for the Strategic Alliance Agreement (SAA) between the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) and Atlantic Energy Drilling Concept Nigeria Limited. From all available documentary evidence, the SAA, which paved the way for Atlantic Energy to operate some oil blocks during the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan, has left the country short-changed of about $2billion, excluding hundreds of millions of dollars as bank loans and money owed to workers and contractors. After four years of the alliance, everything suggests that NPDC and Atlantic Energy owe Nigerians a lot of explanations regarding how some oil blocks – OMLs 26, 30, 34, 42, 60, 61, 62 and 63 – were handled between 2011 and 2014, including outright theft of proceeds from all the millions of barrels of crude oil lifted during in the four years.

A portfolio company

Like a well-choreographed movie, it all started on a measured pace. On July 19, 2010, Atlantic Energy Drilling Concept Limited (AEDCNL) was incorporated as a portfolio company. That was barely three months after Mrs Diezani Alison-Madueke, former Minister of Petroleum Resources, assumed office after her redeployment from Mines and Steel Development Ministry. Curiously, the company changed its name to Atlantic Energy Drilling Concepts Nigeria Limited (AEDCNL) on October 27, 2011. However, Atlantic Energy, even without prior record of successful experience in the oil and gas sector, announced that it had entered into a Strategic Alliance Agreement (SAA) with the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) in April 2011. That was exactly six months before AEDCNL was legally born. In a capsule, the company that claimed to have signed the SAA with NPDC was not legally in existence when the deal was shoddily consummated in April 2011. As unknown portfolio company, Atlantic Energy was operating from a temporary office accommodation before it opened office in 2012 at 32a Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, after the NPDC fortune had smiled on it. With the NPDC contract in its kitty, Atlantic Energy embarked on a massive recruitment exercise, poaching good hands in the oil industry, which it used to actualise its planned scheme to play big in Nigeria’s highly shady oil and gas sector.

But all that never dissuaded partners in the deal from embarking on a hot business romance at the expense of the country. The SAA covered 4 Oil blocks: OML 26 – FHN; OML 30 Shoreline; OML 34 – Niger Delta Oil, and OML 42 Neconde, all sold by Shell /Agip and Total. It was obvious that the NPDC granted the SAA in absolute secrecy without following any due process as stipulated in the government procurement laws and policy. With the sale of the four oil blocks, in which the Federal Government owns 55 per cent, the National Petroleum Investment Management Services (NAPIMS), which oversees national investments in Joint Venture Companies (JVCs), Production Sharing Companies (PSCs), and Services and Services Contract Companies (SCs), transferred the ownership to NPDC as the upstream producing arm of the NNPC. Although the NPDC should have paid NAPIMS a signature bonus, no payment was made, leading to a loss of asset by the federation and loss of revenue that should have accrued to national coffers. This was confirmed by the recent PwC audit report, which audited remittances from NNPC to the Federation Account after the allegations by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) who is now the emir of Kano. The audit findings showed that remittances into the Federation Account were not up to date.

An unholy alliance?

The SAA is to enable Atlantic Energy provide fund and technical services and lift oil. Being a funding mechanism, the SAA is meant to enable the owner (NPDC) to accept its strategic partner (Atlantic Energy) to partake in the production sharing of the oil field at a fee called signature bonus, while the strategic partner is expected in return to fund the operations and provide technical support so that it can be reimbursed directly from the production in subsequent periods. Although a good idea that is said to be critical to the survival of the country’s oil and gas industry, the SAA was obviously not managed in the national interest, for it has helped parties in the deal to embark on a stealing spree of public fund after production liftings.

Up till now, industry watchers are still in a shock over how NPDC, which is peopled with some of the best engineers and technical experts, granted the SAA to a company that paraded no track record of requisite experience in the sector – all without following any process as stipulated in the government procurement laws and policy. Besides documentary evidence, findings within the sector showed that the deal was an unholy arrangement between Alison-Madueke, top NPDC officials and the duo of Kola Aluko, who is a known business ally of the ex-Minister, and Jide Omokore, a controversial business mogul who is a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) stalwart, financier and kingmaker to some governors as well as many senators and members in the House of Representatives. Aluko and Mrs Alison-Madueke have denied any business ties.

NewTable New1Of the two promoters of Atlantic Energy, Omokore had no easily traceable previous experience in the oil and gas industry, while Aluko had.

However, drawing on its connections in high places, Atlantic Energy swung into plum business, having won the hearts of those at the helms of affairs – from the ministry and the Presidency. As contained in the SAA document, Atlantic Energy was supposed to pay a signature bonus of $245 million to NPDC, but it ended up paying $135 million – no thanks to legal terminology and simple mathematics that only parties in the deal could explain. The balance was remitted to the account of unknown people.

What should have gone to Nigeria
Inside the raw deals

Atlantic Energy approached two Nigerian banks for loans. Going by the books of Atlantic Energy, the loans were meant for the payment of signature bonus and cash calls to NPDC. Therefore, in 2011, it took a loan of $490million, with First Bank contributing $370million and Skye Bank $120million. At the beginning of the deal, Atlantic Energy actually paid the signature bonus of $135 and cash calls of $68 to NPDC from the loan, totalling $203 million out of $490million lifeline provided by the two banks.

But another weighty, if not damning evidence that was to expose the shoddiness of the SAA came in the early life of the deal. In 2011, shortly after securing the juicy contract, it was NPDC that lifted crude oil (947,096 barrels) on behalf of Atlantic Energy and remitted $102m into the coffers of its strategic partner; instead of Atlantic Energy to lift oil and remit proceeds. Why? It was because Atlantic Energy, a mere portfolio company at the time it was handed the sweetheart contract, was still too new and untested to even secure an export permit for such a venture as at the time, thus showing the level of involvement of the top echelons of the Petroleum Ministry and NPDC officials.

A detailed scrutiny of the cash calls schedules and other papers also showed that the plundering galore continued till 2012 and 2013. For example, in 2012 alone, Atlantic Energy paid cash calls worth $168m, but lifted crude oil of about 3million barrels valued, conservatively at over $350 million. Despite the differentials in remittances, NPDC continued to look the other way as Atlantic Energy lifted about 2million barrels of crude oil in 2013, valued at about $240million, but paid cash calls of $68million. In 2014, records also revealed that Atlantic Energy paid zero cash calls and lifted about 500,000 barrels of crude oil, valued at $54 million, with all the funs siphoned abroad as payments for vendors sources say are phony.

Table2Again, the promoters incorporated the Atlantic Brass Development Company Limited on February 5, 2013. As usual, it was hurriedly granted another set of SAA. The SAA covered another set of 4 blocks: OML – 60; OML – 61; OML – 62; OML – 63. Unlike in the previous deals in 2011 and 2012, when it paid a fraction of obligatory funds, the company simply pocketed all the proceeds, paying pay no signature bonus or any cash calls at all despite lifting about 8 million barrels of crude oil, valued at $800 million at the time. Instead various amounts of money were transferred to the accounts and investment companies in UK, Dubai and Switzerland. They also opened mirror accounts of Atlantic Energy Brass in the UK and Switzerland (see the table on foreign accounts).

However, with the fall of the administration of Jonathan, the chicken seemed to have come home to roost, as the NPDC, which seemed to have condoned all the infractions of its strategic partner, has suddenly woken from slumber. In a letter from NPDC, dated May 6, Atlantic Energy was asked to pay its outstanding indebtedness OMLs 26, 30, 34, and 42, totalling $573,668,090 (five hundred and seventy three million, six hundred and sixty eight thousand, ninety dollars).

“This is to inform you that we have not yet received any payment on outstanding cash call obligations after our reconciliation sign-off, dated August 28, last year. Kindly remit the sum of $573,668,090 (five hundred and seventy three million, six hundred and sixty eight thousand, ninety dollars) only, being amount due to OMLs 26, 30, 34, and 42,” said the NPDC.

An analysis of the reconciliation sheet revealed that the $573,668,090 was just a fraction of the cash calls, as some huge returns that were yet to be subjected to technical and financials by the two parties were not included.

But the bad state of finances on OMLs 26, 30, 34, and 42 paled when compared with that on OMLs 60, 61, 62 and 63 where Atlantic Energy owes NPDC a staggering $1,250,644,474.54 (one billion, two hundred and fifty million, six hundred and forty four thousand, four hundred and seventy four dollars).

“This is to inform you that we have not yet received any payment outstanding cash call obligations after our reconciliation sign-off, dated August 28, 2014. Kindly remit the sum of $1,250,644,474.54 (one billion, two hundred and fifty million, six hundred and forty four thousand, four hundred and seventy four dollars) only, being amount due on OMLs 60, 61, 62 and 63,” the letter said.

Atlantic Energy has also defaulted on the bank loans from First Bank Plc and Skye Bank. Instead of moving the proceeds of the liftings to the two banks to repay the loans and pay the obligatory cash calls, Atlantic Energy has transferred the funds through various related party companies. As at now, the loans have not been paid while the mounting interest element is also long overdue.

In a letter from Skye Bank, dated April 10, Atlantic Energy was reminded of repayment its outstanding obligations ($39,232,428.16) on the $120 million loan facility it took from the bank.

“Kindly refer to our various correspondence and discussions regarding your outstanding obligations on the above subject facility ($120 million). This is to remind you that the total sum of $39,232,428.16 plus accrued interest is past overdue for payment on your facility,” the letter said.

The letter was signed by Tutu Alu, manager, corporate banking group, and Tosin Faniro-Dada, relationship officer, corporate banking group.

Another letter from First Bank, dated February 20, tacitly refused a request from Atlantic Energy seeking to restructure the loan facilities it has received from the bank, hinging it on some stringent conditions.

“We refer to the meeting held on 19th February 2015 and your request for a restructure of your facilities coupled with lenders’ consent to change the ownership structure of Atlantic Energy. We wish to state that, even as we are mindful of the set timeline, we are constrained to progress your request further until we receive the following documents: (1) copy of the executed NPDC/Atlantic Energy reconciliation, (2) copy of executed NPDC repayment plan, (3) addendum to the SAA, (4) NPDC consent to the restructure of the company.”

The FBN letter also included the following conditions that must be met before considering Atlantic Energy’s request: “provision of standby Letter of LC to secure crude oil liftings, and payment of all overdue obligations, coupled with the injection of $100 million to reduce exposure to lenders.”

The letter was signed by Deji Abisola, business manager, corporate banking group (energy and utilities), and Jide Ayeronwi, group head, corporate banking group, (energy and utilities).

Also, in spite of the billions of dollars it has enjoyed over the years, Atlantic Energy has not filed its accounts with the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) as stipulated by law. Using an influential lawyer, who sources said is the company’s legal backbone, Atlantic Energy has continued to hold on to the legal advice that it is not liable to tax.

In a letter from FIRS, dated February 17 , Atlantic Energy was warned of the consequences of its refusal to submit the accounts and returns within the next ten days. It was signed by the duo of Okeowo Taiwo, and Ocheja E.F., FIRS’ manager (tax) and deputy manger (tax) respectively.

It reads: “It is worrisome to note that we are yet to receive the draft accounts/returns as promised. Let me remind you that the accounts/returns are long overdue for submission. You are advised to submit the accounts/returns within 10 days from the date of receiving this letter, failing which FIRS shall enforce compliance with the relevant tax laws.”

Transfers, cash withdrawals

Sadly, a company that could not meet its financial obligations was on a spending binge, with its directors living ostentatiously (owing private jets and armoured jeeps) and transferring huge sums – sometimes in billions and millions of naira and dollars – into accounts of both local and foreign organizations. And if the local transfers raised some red flags, so were the numerous transfers of millions to foreign accounts (see a table on foreign accounts) of Expedia Marine Company Limited, Energy Property Development Ltd, Petrochemicals Offshore, SPOG Petrochemicals Limited, Premium Aviation Services Ltd, Ibalex Nigeria Limited, and numerous others, where funds were paid at different times.

Interestingly, Atlantic Energy is enmeshed in huge debts – albeit self-imposed. But it seems the embattled company is not ready to go down alone. Not only has it closed its office, it also did not pay its staff for more than one year. It has equally defaulted in the payment of workers’ pension and PAYEs, leading to a mass resignation crisis that swept the company even before it closed its shop recently. Even business partners were not left out, as Atlantic Energy, which kept booking flight tickets and enjoying services from international and reputable companies, did not meet its obligations to its numerous clients, wrecking havoc on several businesses. Now, Atlantic Energy owes NPDC about $2billion, banks $550million, workers $5million, and other vendors $20million. This explains why the banks as well as NPDC appear helpless, as Atlantic Energy is frantically looking for investors to buy the company and the massive debts to boot.

The Nation learnt that the promoters of Atlantic Energy are negotiating a soft-landing with some people that are very close to the corridors of power with a view to refunding a paltry amount. Their stratagem is to sway the new administration to avoid the “unnecessary controversies” that a probe may generate so that they can be asked to go and sin no more. As part of a grand strategy to achieve their objective, some foot soldiers have been enlisted, including some highly-placed Nigerians, to reach out to President Muhammadu Buhari to strike a deal on their behalf, fearing that any inquiry into the books of NPDC and other agencies in the highly opaque oil and gas sector will most likely unearth a can of worms. Will President Buhari, who is widely revered as an incorruptible man, allow them to walk away free after what seems like clear financial crimes against the country? Time will tell.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/27/between-diezani-jide-omokore-and-kola-aluko-inside-oil-deals-cost-nigeria-billions

Business / Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by 2baga(m): 8:47am On Jul 22, 2015
Adulphus:

You bet on KickmOff not on Win...
Barcelona Win those not mean there are the to kickoff first grin

Mikkyboy008:

I think you made a bet on who's gone kick off in the match.Not 1X2
If you follow this link,you'll find out that LA galaxy did the Kicking off.
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/barcelona/live-commentary/live-commentary-barcelona-vs-la-galaxy_234723.html
**(Dont this guy know the diff between 'kick off' and 1X2?)**

I'm learning "this" the hard way shocked shocked shocked
Business / Re: Football(+ Other Sports) Betting Season 9 by 2baga(m): 7:54am On Jul 22, 2015
PLEASE HELP ME OUT

In what way is this a losing ticket

What is merrybet up to

Modified: I'v just been tutored
Sports / Re: Let's Make 10k/100k With #500/5k Within 10 Days With Sport Betting by 2baga(m): 11:40am On Jul 21, 2015
expert1:
I hope you guys are enjoying your holiday.

Make sure you save 5k before 8/8/2015 because that 5k will turn you to a multi-millionaire next month.

Watching, waiting to say i wuz ere
Technology Market / Re: Gadgets For Sale :N19,000. price change by 2baga(m): 1:12am On Jul 14, 2015
Good morning, can make it to mile2 tomorrow, Let's trade, I believe it's still in good working order.
If you can make it pls quote, I will be coming in from apapa wharf side and will have to get back to the office. Tnx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 23 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.