Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

2great's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2great's Profile / 2great's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Religion / Re: The 2017 Worship Songs That Have Made Your Year So Far? by 2great: 8:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
Jesus at the centre - Eben
No one knows - Sinach
Celebrities / Re: Adunoluwa Farombi Ajokeade, Moji Olaiya's Daughter Wants Mum Buried In Nigeria by 2great: 10:43pm On May 18, 2017
[quote author=subtlemee post=56649270]Why can't they allow this woman's soul to go rest in peace..the only thing that matters here is where she'll spend eternity[/quote

Yes, only eternity matters but you don't just wanna throw away the body of your parent if in her shoes. A loved one still deserves a befitting last respect regardless of where they end up; and that basically concerns d creator.
RIP to Moji. May God have mercy on your soul and consoles the family left behind.
Properties / Re: Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? by 2great: 5:05pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ikeja is cool. Depending on your pocket, places ranging from Ikeja GRA, some estates in Allen/Opebi, Oregun -Alausa is fine. Alfred Garden estate@Olusosun is very good; Howson Right estate is also good...these Olusosun area has 18hrs minimum of electricity daily on the average. I don't live inside either of these estates but live in the neighbourhood. I can tell you the area is okay interms of power supply, security,night life, good roads and easy netwrking to other key places. Also proximity to malls, Alausa secretariat, industrial estate, computer village, exit to/fro lagos etc.

38 Likes

Celebrities / Re: If Any Of These Top Celebrities Were Drowning, Which One Would You Save? by 2great: 1:12am On Dec 04, 2016
1. Genevieve, 2. Genevieve
Health / Re: Car Hits LAWMA Worker On Ikeja Road, Lagos by 2great: 10:48pm On Nov 23, 2016
I will be surprise if accidents like this don't happen. You need to see how defiant and fearless these people are on the road. Sometimes I ask myself if their orange overall is a life jacket.
Every morng on my way to work, I will always have to be extra careful, blow horn, and most times slow down to bypass these women. They don't care what happens. They don't believe they can be hit. They must have been brainwashed their is another home and hope for them if accident occur.
Anyone that passes billingsway, oregun through Unilever towards Eleganza complex to Mobolaji Johnson Road can testify to this. I hope they are adequately trained to understand HSE
Car Talk / Re: How To Break Into Your Car When You Mistakenly Lock Your Key In The Car (Photos) by 2great: 7:43am On Jul 13, 2016
Nice post!

Never knew this, but I paid to get my car unlocked as described. Hope this helps lots of people here.
Jobs/Vacancies / Hair Stylist Needed In Ikorodu by 2great: 6:52am On Nov 22, 2015
Good Hair stylists are currently needed in a salon in Ikorodu. Residents within Ebute, garage environs are at advantage. Call 09092771137, 08055213322 or 08051589485 now!!!
Jobs/Vacancies / Hair Stylist Needed In Ikorodu by 2great: 5:43pm On May 18, 2015
Commited young hair stylists urgently needed in Ebute, Ikorodu, Lagos. Residents within Ikorodu close to Ebute will be preferred. Contact:08055213322, 08051589485, 09092771137.
Business / Barbeque Spot Needed For Grilled Gizzard In Your Bar by 2great: 11:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
We are into special grills of gizzard live on charcoal; we currently seek stands in "happening" bar/restaurants/hotels/lounge. We would produce other barbeque forms at your request.

Kindly reach me on 08051589485 for info on any good location or in your own establishment, events and bar.
Business / Re: Cement Business - Start It I Can Help (by Dangote Distributor) by 2great: 9:26pm On Jan 28, 2015
Can u send details to rutfieldconsult@gmail.com for info on profit margins, challenges and prospects in Lagos
Jobs/Vacancies / Troubles Of Gnld/other MLM Job Interview Deceit by 2great: 4:23pm On Jan 17, 2015
It is with great anger and pity for the future of Nigeria that I type this. There has been recently on the increase the numbers of fake and annoying job interviews being conducted by some youths in Lagos. They come up with several unregistered and unverifiable company names e.g New Ace Ltd, Mantledox logistics etc, send job interview invite to several graduates and end up preaching financial freedom in the name of health/wellness product marketing(GNLD especially) after wasting their time, money and energy.
In as much as everyone is entitled to choose his or her type of job/business; I refuse to accept wicked and unfair manners of deceiving people into accepting your mode of business in the form of an opportunity which was never even enough for you and your entire family.
They start either by distributing a "vision-goal questions" for applicants to answer within specified time or start some endless motivational talk and how they resigned from their office jobs to partner with the current company. They tell you "no room for questions until after the phase.." emphasising your attitude should be 100% and share already known stories of Robert Kiyosaki, Dangote and co.
The question that keep coming to me are: Does any good job need persuasion, secrecy and deceit? Does any genuine job interview start with preaching/motivational talk?? Will Shell,Mobil,Banks, Schools, FMCGS any other reliable organisation waste your time telling you your certificates do not matter and hiding what line of business they are into for the first 3hours of interview I must say this is unfair and frustrating helpless Nigerian graduates. Imagine the case of a someone that left her 6month old baby travelling from Badagry to Opebi, Ikeja only to discover it is GNLD which she had done sometimes 10years ago meanwhile they had lied to her on phone that it's not MLM but a human resources mgt company. A similar case for a friend that travelled all the way from Abuja, only to discover it's this same people.

I had personally attended like 3times within a week even when I'm employed wt income of about 6digits and ofcourse looking for career progression to be better. The question is can we still trust the likes of jobberman, ngcareers and other career site that gets our full data How do these faceless people gets contact of victims?? Why won't they come out confidently and openly to showcase what they are doing and let people join freely without duress. If they are so much financially free why can't they extend it to the rest of their family members and neighbours before calling people from far to come and eat of their wealth

While I really wish a message can be communicated to job site owners on the need to screen and confirm the content of their posts, I would wish to meet an army of youths ready to fight and beat these people up someday if they don't stop all their wicked and deceitful acts.

Clue on detecting and not falling for their scam:
*google the name of the company first before attending
*Look out for statements like "we need potentials and not your certificate"
*Right attitude is our core value
*you need to be your own boss and earn unrealistic income which obviously do not show in their appearance.
*Do not relate with other applicant so they don't discourage you until the end.
*you will see people standing up and leaving once they start their preaching.

There are so much to say but time won't just permit. My advise to Nigerian graduates is to be careful and cautious in sending their biodata/CVs. Never let all these discourage you however from attending other interviews because you would never know which one is genuine.

May God bless our hustle and bring us a new Nigeria come 2015 that would no longer subject graduates to all these frustrations cum ridicule.

To those of you deceiving people for MLM as genuine jobs; repent or you get killed someday soon by sets of angry jobseekers. A good wine needs no bush; Garri ijebu needs no advert to sell, okay! Be warned before I start attending interviews with thugs to tear you apart.

13 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Third Class Candidates by 2great: 6:37am On Dec 01, 2013
My achievement soo far can only be attributed to my 3rd class degree.How?It made me over ambitious rite from nysc; I was doing professional courses as a corper while learning sewing and foreign languages. I was seriously preparing on how to blast an interview reading different materials that come my way. I was also applying for jobs online because I've gained soo much confidence reading materials. I acquired enough skills during my nysc and was applying for jobs and at the same time preparing for the worst.
All I needed and prayed for was just getting called for an interview...I got job as a teamleader(coordinator/manager) in a PLC company in Lagos 2mths after NYSC. My oral interview+God did the magic. Only one of the managers that interviewed me talked about the 3rd class but my performance made him recommend me.
It remained a top secret to me that I came out with 3rd, as none of my family members/staff knws about it since I don't even carry myself like one. I bet they will argue it if anyone leaks the secret.
I got another job after a year but I had to tell the GM myself after the interview that I'm sorry I lied I made a 2:2, that I actually made a 3rd as submitted in my credentials owing to circumstances I couldn't control. My performance actually prompted them to ask if I made a 1st or 2:1 rily, n I cldnt but say 2:2 n dy got disturbed why I didn't mk a 2:1.
In conclusion, nothing is comparable to being the best and making a good grade. I have also had nights of silent cries, I have been limited in applying for some great jobs in multinationals since there is a requirement of not less than 2:1 or 2:2.
I've interviewed and recruited 2:1, 2:2 and even Msc within my 1st year of wrk; so....the place of God n skills is key!
All da best! For present undergraduates, pls strive to make a good grade to have a peace of mind and be generally acceptable; no excuse is genuine for failure. I wish I have a better grade though; it would have been a better compliment with the inherent zeal and skills.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Third Class Candidates by 2great: 6:35am On Dec 01, 2013
My achievement soo far can only be attributed to my 3rd class degree.How?It made me over ambitious rite from nysc; I was doing professional courses as a corper while learning sewing and foreign languages. I was seriously preparing on how to blast an interview reading different materials that come my way. I was also applying for jobs online because I've gained soo much confidence reading materials. I acquired enough skills during my nysc and was applying for jobs and at the same time preparing for the worst.
All I needed and prayed for was just getting called for an interview...I got job as a teamleader(coordinator/manager) in a PLC company in Lagos 2mths after NYSC. My oral interview+God did the magic. Only one of the managers that interviewed me talked about the 3rd class but my performance made him recommend me.
It remained a top secret to me that I came out with 3rd, as none of my family members/staff knws about it since I don't even carry myself like one. I bet they will argue it if anyone leaks the secret.
I got another job after a year but I had to tell the GM myself after the interview that I'm sorry I lied I made a 2:2, that I actually made a 3rd as submitted in my credentials owing to circumstances I couldn't control. My performance actually prompted them to ask if I made a 1st or 2:1 rily, n I cldnt but say 2:2 n dy got disturbed why I didn't mk a 2:1.
In conclusion, nothing is comparable to being the best and making a good grade. I have also had nights of silent cries, I have been limited in applying for some great jobs in multinationals since there is a requirement of not less than 2:1 or 2:2.
I've interviewed and recruited 2:1, 2:2 and even Msc within my 1st year of wrk; so....the place of God n skills is key!
All da best! For present undergraduates, pls strive to make a good grade to have a peace of mind and be generally acceptable; no excuse is genuine for failure. I wish I have a better grade though; it would have been a better compliment with the inherent zeal and skills

1 Like 1 Share

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Third Class Candidates by 2great: 11:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
All da best! For present undergraduates, pls strive to make a good grade to have a peace of mind and be generally acceptable; no excuse is genuine for failure. I wish I have a better grade though; it would have been a better compliment with the inherent zeal and skills.

4 Likes

Autos / Need A Cooling Van To Rent Urgently In Rent by 2great: 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2013
Please house I am urgently in need of info on how and where to get a cooling van to rent in Lagos or environs.Thanks
Jobs/Vacancies / Anyone Knw About MAMACASS Restaurants Careerwise by 2great: 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2013
I am a quality control personnel wt a top QSR in lagos. Got an offer wt MAMACASS for an okay salary but wldnt knw how gud the company is interms of working hours, management style, training, OFF days,Employee treatment etc for a quality control officer in an outlet. Do dy shift QC officers across outlet?how many days OFF?any daily shift? Meanwhile, my current job seems to be fair enough in the aforelisted except for the salary meanwhile there are still some pocket tins I benefit aside salary that would almost amount n comparable to the proposed job. Please urgent info and advice! U cld drop ur No/pin here so I call if u have info u wldnt wanna share here. Thnks.
Jobs/Vacancies / Anyone Knw About MAMACASS Restaurants Careerwise by 2great: 10:02pm On Jul 03, 2013
I am a quality control personnel wt a top QSR in lagos. Got an offer wt MAMACASS for an okay salary but wldnt knw how gud the company is interms of working hours, management style, training, OFF days,Employee treatment etc for a quality control officer in an outlet. Do dy shift QC officers across outlet?how many days OFF?any daily shift? Meanwhile, my current job seems to be fair enough in the aforelisted except for the salary meanwhile there are still some pocket tins I benefit aside salary that would almost amount n comparable to the proposed job. Please urgent info and advice! U cld drop ur No/pin here so I call if u have info u wldnt wanna share here. Thnks.
Jobs/Vacancies / Anyone Know About MAMACASS Career Wise by 2great: 9:21pm On Jul 03, 2013
Science/Technology / HPLC Training Urgently Needed 4 An Interview;chemical Analysts Help!!! by 2great: 10:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
HPLC-High Performance Liquid Chromatography operation know-how is now increasingly required in analytical lab of certain companies. Anyone working in a lab with one and willing to train someone urgently should please contact-08027601259. Thank.
Properties / A Room Or An Afordable Room Selfcontain Needed Around Oregun-oluyole Area, by 2great: 9:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
A room in a decent home environment is urgently needed around oregun-oluyole, ikosi road,alausa etc.Call 07032370123. Only serious persons should call.Scammers keep off military zone.
Education / Re: 3rd Class Degree, Or No Degree At All: Which Is Better? by 2great: 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
Soso990240: *yawns*na nw i go knw people wey graduate wit 3rd class..hehehehehehe.
Education / Re: 3rd Class Degree, Or No Degree At All: Which Is Better? by 2great: 6:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
Soso990240: *yawns*na nw i go knw people wey graduate wit 3rd class..hehehehehehe.

Yep! I'm a 3rd class grad8.I got a job 2mths afta NYSC in a popular PLC company headquaterd in Lagos 2 head a major dept. I amaze people wt my perfomance dt noone wld ever believ my grade or dt m a fresh grad self.Anyway,God&my interview per4mance gt me d job. My 2:1,2:2 friends still submit dia CV to me for job assistance.Ur person supersedes certfcate in interview n on d job too.
Though,I wld advice anyone in sch to try get a gud grade by all means.My family wanted me to apply to study abroad now but I'm kinda scared if I can ever get anytin done so iv bin delaying. Meanwhile, d tot of not being able 2 flaunt my certfcate anyhow is anoda pain. A gud degree dosnt guarrantee success or gr8 job o.

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Need IT Place by 2great: 11:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
I cld help u as a nairalander in my coy in oregun, ikja. But distance may jst b a barrier. U cld reach me-08051589485.
Jobs/Vacancies / Secretary/pa Urgently Needed In An Estate Firm. by 2great: 2:02pm On Jul 11, 2012
Secretary/PA is urgently needed in a property/real estate consultant firm in oke ira, Ogba.
REQUIREMENTS:
-Highly proficient in use of computer productivity tools and typing.
-Excellent writing and communication skills;good letter writing skills.
-OND or brilliant/experienced SSCE holder could apply in person to
32, bintu street, oke ira, off ajayi rd. 08051589485, 08020678585
Travel / Re: Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities by 2great: 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2012
1.LASGIDI-couldnt see a town more urbanised having traveled far,tho som places r horible & d issue of traffic remains enigmatic.Lagos's got no contest wt any oda.Imagine Abj jst welcomin Shoprite wen lagos has upto 3 and a world class ikja citymall dat houses international brands KFC,SWATCH,truworth,diva, etc in all facets of human needs.Dominos pizza & Mcdonalds open soon.its rily a centre of excellence.
2.Abuja,ibadan,akure,calabar,porthacourt,enugu,kaduna,kano in any order

1 Like

Career / Re: Pure, Applied, Industrial & Bio Chemists' Zone by 2great: 8:43pm On Jun 27, 2012
@bbwlurv/whom it may concern-Pls I nid info on hw 2go about geting d courses and trainings in AAS,FT-IR,US-VIS u listed. I'm into QC n I nid to get certain certfcation to improve myself in d food industry,chemical or health other dan MSc. I stay in Lagos n won't mind geting info on centres/institute dat ofers such. Thnks.
Jokes Etc / Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by 2great: 8:46pm On Jun 16, 2012
I felt d bush/plant moves wen I look out of travelling vehicle. U hav a nitemare drinkn coconut water. Urinate inside burning firewood to stop bedwetin. Believd one dies callin d name of God wen one actualy lies.U have sorethroat if somone steps on ur spits. Was always wondering who God reports to.Bad tin hapens wen u add salt to burning fire. .
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Abeg I Nid An IT Placement In Reputable Org. 4 3mnths! by 2great: 11:53pm On May 30, 2012
@candygosh-call seyi on 08053490070 maybe I cld help.
Education / Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by 2great: 6:10pm On May 28, 2012
jst wonderin d bone of contention here, even if u av a cgpa of 4.99, once u dont meet d stipulated requirements 4 grad, den u resolve 2 d alternative like its done in any gud skul n to every student under stp as long as d dept aint ready 2 wave 4 anyone dat fails. No story abeg! thnk God its a private skul n she aint gonna spend a whole yr dat cld b truncated into more.. as in d case of oauife.wshn her d best.

1 Like

Career / Re: Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? by 2great: 4:57pm On May 19, 2012
Sory,I feel u.. but tinkn ur Gp gets u a job is more pathetik dan d situatn we are adresing here. D best graded students in my set went either 4 Msc or still aplying 2 get job till now xcept 4 few. Probably dy felt so secured wt d grade&frm a 1st klass Uni in Nig.
My poor grade gingered me 2 prepare well 4d labour mkt dan odas wt gud grades. I got a job as d QC head of a reputable firm(a PLC) 2mths afta my NYSC.
My performance@ d interviews n GOD got me d job. During one of d interviews, l was askd wy such grade wen pple still mk gud grades,l went bak hom dejected but...I thnk God nw. Experience,personal development,boldness&profesional traing atimes counts more dan d so called MSc.Gud grade is gud n shld b encoraged but doesn't guarantee u job evrytime. U must equip ursef,ok!
Celebrities / Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is 33 Years Old Today by 2great: 9:47pm On May 03, 2012
HBday Genny! Ua a success in ur field. May u contnue 2 grow bigger while ur haters stay online spewing rubish. May God help u overcom ur past mstakes fully n gv u ur mising rib. Nobody holy pass!!!

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.